00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

asieks084 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Improving one of my pieces.

89,392 Views | 813 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 01:23:07

That's so cool. I have never drawn a dragon before so it's a new experience. Could you pm me your image, I want to see it. Pretty please.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 01:24:08

That's so cool. I have never drawn a dragon before so it's a new experience. Could you pm me your image, I want to see it. Pretty please.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 01:28:11

At 3/3/10 01:24 AM, Mabelma wrote: That's so cool. I have never drawn a dragon before so it's a new experience. Could you pm me your image, I want to see it. Pretty please.

I'll show you the rough I uploaded a few hours ago, the final you'll have to wait for >:3

5 drawings completed today... I have earned my whiskey for the night :P

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 11:23:46

so..... Art we just going to start posting these things up here or what?

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 11:57:15

At 3/3/10 11:56 AM, SkilledBrush wrote:
At 3/3/10 11:23 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: so..... Art we just going to start posting these things up here or what?
Dunno, Ash said we should do it around the same time as yesterday. Which is around (if following NG time) 3 - 4 PM

sounds fair enough......

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 12:57:58

At 3/3/10 11:56 AM, SkilledBrush wrote:
At 3/3/10 11:23 AM, Kinsei01 wrote: so..... Art we just going to start posting these things up here or what?
Dunno, Ash said we should do it around the same time as yesterday. Which is around (if following NG time) 3 - 4 PM

huh, post em when you want, i havent started mine yet, iv been bogged down with college work and a driving lesson

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 13:12:51

At 3/3/10 12:57 PM, ashman112 wrote:
At 3/3/10 11:56 AM, SkilledBrush wrote: Dunno, Ash said we should do it around the same time as yesterday. Which is around (if following NG time) 3 - 4 PM
huh, post em when you want, i havent started mine yet, iv been bogged down with college work and a driving lesson

well you issued the challenge at 3:16 pm NG time yesterday, so to be official we should post them at 3:16 Ng time today... so you have about another 2 hours....

unless we can agree to extend it to 4pm?

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 13:18:45

At 3/3/10 01:12 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: well you issued the challenge at 3:16 pm NG time yesterday, so to be official we should post them at 3:16 Ng time today... so you have about another 2 hours....
unless we can agree to extend it to 4pm?

ok then, official 3:16 ng time

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 13:35:17

Since I'm the OP I'm going to say that you have till 4 to post your dragon, that does not mean you cannot post it now. If you have it finished post it. I'm going to scan mine and post it up really soon plus I'm working on an update for the petrock.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 13:45:41

At 3/3/10 01:35 PM, Mabelma wrote: If you have it finished post it.

Aw and here I was hoping for a more dramatic entrance......
very well
I also have a line art version that will be up in the Art Collaboration Thread here in a few minuets

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 13:55:50

At 3/3/10 01:54 PM, SkilledBrush wrote: Phantom Dragon

like you care ...

must be a phantom.... I don't see it...o.0....

invisible dragon.... A.C. 40

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 13:58:57

At 3/3/10 01:54 PM, SkilledBrush wrote: Phantom Dragon

like you care ...

You forgot the image ... try again! ^^

I like thingis that makes it tingle ... Make me tingle!

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 14:08:34

At 3/3/10 02:06 PM, SkilledBrush wrote: ... phantom dragon ...

.....I'd lead a band of dwarfs and men against.....

knowing my luck it would have the incorporeal template and normal weapons would be useless...

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 14:14:56

Finished the petrock, I was thinking of submitting it to the ndc collab but I don't know if it will get accepted so instead I will post it here and you guys can tell me what you think and if you think it might get accepted, hope you like it. Should I write something on it? Hope you like it.

Loving all the entries for the competition so far. I will post mine a few minutes.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 14:19:03

At 3/3/10 02:14 PM, Mabelma wrote: Finished the petrock, I was thinking of submitting it to the ndc collab but I don't know

I'd say add a little more dramatic shading and go for it. I love the collar, perhaps some color to it would round it out for the NDC.

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 14:43:23

Brush: The anker tattoo idea, sounds cool. I'll try it out.

Kensei: What do you mean by dramatic shading? Color everything or just the collar?

Do you guys think it may get accepted to the collab?
Should I write what Brush said?

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 14:53:15

i havent finished and im not going to, my pc is laggin out, and i cant get anything done, heres the sketch

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 14:59:07

Oops forgot to post my dragon in the last post, hope you like it. I don't really like it that much and it doesn't compare to what Kensai did but hope you like it.

It's looking quite good ashman too bad you can't finish it.

Comments on the petrock are greatly appreciated and tell me what you think I should do to it before I submit it to the NDC collab.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 14:59:24

At 3/3/10 02:43 PM, Mabelma wrote:
Kensei: What do you mean by dramatic shading? Color everything or just the collar?

Well you have some shading, but make it a little darker on the bottom side to give it a feel of increased weight. this will also make it more dramatic

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 15:07:20

Oh ok then, I'll try that out. What do you think of my dragon.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 15:12:45

Added a few more lines to the crosshatch so that it looks darker without having to actually change the colors of the lines. Hope you like it. Added the text and the anchor tattoo on the side. Comments before I push it to the NDC collab

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 15:19:24

At 3/3/10 03:07 PM, Mabelma wrote: Oh ok then, I'll try that out. What do you think of my dragon.

my bad, I guess we posted at the same time and I missed yours.
let see here.
I like what you got going with the top of the head, a very nice plating. Same thing with the horns out the back of the skull..
Your scales need to flow with the body, they seem kind of random at the moment. Also some more curvature and definition with the lower jaw would have been nice too. those are rarely straight on any animal or creature.
The Teeth look gnarly, very nice job, Goes back to an old say I had, Never fight anything that teeth bigger than you, or teeth that are sharper than your sword.

The pose you did is a great setup for the dragon to use a breath weapon, I would love to see a cone of fire or frost from this thing.

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 15:22:04

so... how did this change from the "mabelmas personal art thread" to the "lets all post our dragon drawings thread"

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 15:25:32

At 3/3/10 03:22 PM, J-qb wrote: so... how did this change from the "mabelmas personal art thread" to the "lets all post our dragon drawings thread"

First post of last page, a challenge was issued, this just happened to be the battleground.

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 15:27:58

At 3/3/10 03:19 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 3/3/10 03:07 PM, Mabelma wrote: Oh ok then, I'll try that out. What do you think of my dragon.
my bad, I guess we posted at the same time and I missed yours.
let see here.
I like what you got going with the top of the head, a very nice plating. Same thing with the horns out the back of the skull..
Your scales need to flow with the body, they seem kind of random at the moment. Also some more curvature and definition with the lower jaw would have been nice too. those are rarely straight on any animal or creature.
The Teeth look gnarly, very nice job, Goes back to an old say I had, Never fight anything that teeth bigger than you, or teeth that are sharper than your sword.

The pose you did is a great setup for the dragon to use a breath weapon, I would love to see a cone of fire or frost from this thing.

Well thanks Kensai, I guess it ain't as bad as I though. I have never heard that saying but it's because of my lack of experience in this world so yeah it's pretty cool saying. Thanks for the comments glad you liked it.

Comments on the new petrock?

It was a pretty cool challenge J-qb and I let it happened so it's all good. I'm glad my thread was the battleground.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 15:32:58

At 3/3/10 03:27 PM, Mabelma wrote:
Well thanks Kensai, I guess it ain't as bad as I though. I have never heard that saying but it's because of my lack of experience in this world so yeah it's pretty cool saying. Thanks for the comments glad you liked it.

Comments on the new petrock?

you know... your spelling of my name keeps getting weirder and weirder...

Post the rock in the collab and see what they have to say, why not right?

lol and that saying is a personal one I came up with to keep myself out of trouble when playing table top games.

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 15:36:59

Yes it is KENEJISKLDHGJKHSEI, just joking Kensei.

I'll do that and let's see what they think about it, I hope they like it and let me in the collab.

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'll go work on that and when I finish come back here and get back to drawing some random stuff.

Comment on anything you see here so far or don't, it's your call.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 15:44:23

At 3/3/10 03:36 PM, Mabelma wrote: KENEJISKLDHGJKHSEI,

you forgot an "A" this time....

Good luck in the collab!

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 15:46:20

At 3/3/10 03:44 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:

Good luck in the collab!

LOL, thanks for all of the support you've given me.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2010-03-03 15:49:25

At 3/3/10 03:46 PM, Mabelma wrote:
At 3/3/10 03:44 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:

Good luck in the collab!
LOL, thanks for all of the support you've given me.

no problem... I had to dodge the work I was suppose to do some how....

BBS Signature