00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MatthieuxDancingDead just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Improving one of my pieces.

89,409 Views | 813 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-05-26 21:20:26

Drowzee.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-05-27 16:08:42

At 5/26/13 09:20 PM, Mabelma wrote: Drowzee.

Didn't go through the first time.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-05-27 16:32:05

NightCrawler

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-05-27 17:47:14

Gambit!

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-13 22:01:26

Comic I've been shading for the past week or so.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-19 13:44:13

I wanted to work on some portal 2 fan art because I finished the game a couple of days ago, thus here's what I'll be working on now. Here's the layout sketch, more or less just defining pose, layout, and perspective. What do you think? Any comments will help a bunch, I'll leave this here for about an hour while I work on some other things, so if you have anything to say that might help me make this a better image in the end, I will definetly take it into account and re-sketch and fix whatever you find that looks off.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-19 15:10:08

Refined the sketch a bit, not working on the background yet but the next update should have some work on the background. Mostly just drew chell in. Any comments would be truly appreaciated. It might look like she's proping herself off with the portal gun, but that's because the railing is not drawn yet so it doesn't cover the portal gun like it should.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-19 16:42:53

Everything's sketched more or less, gonna start adding possible values in the next hour to have an idea of the lighting I'll be using, any comments on what's done so far would be truly appreaciated. I'm pretty happy with what I have more or less but I think the background could use some work, I'm not sure how to make it better though.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-19 18:33:39

Did a bit of value studying, it's all dodgy, and fastly done, because I'm just planning out how the lighting will work, and all that. Thoughts, comments, feedback, anything at all, truly appreaciated.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-19 20:27:16

At 6/19/13 06:33 PM, Mabelma wrote: Did a bit of value studying, it's all dodgy, and fastly done, because I'm just planning out how the lighting will work, and all that. Thoughts, comments, feedback, anything at all, truly appreaciated.

I normally tell people to push contrasts, but I think the shadows on her cheek and her right arm (our left) should be toned down a bit. I normally don't start really making harsh contrasts until I start to add color to the piece.

Really like the foreshortening btw!

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-19 20:41:04

At 6/19/13 08:27 PM, DemocracyFTW wrote:
At 6/19/13 06:33 PM, Mabelma wrote: Did a bit of value studying, it's all dodgy, and fastly done, because I'm just planning out how the lighting will work, and all that. Thoughts, comments, feedback, anything at all, truly appreaciated.
I normally tell people to push contrasts, but I think the shadows on her cheek and her right arm (our left) should be toned down a bit. I normally don't start really making harsh contrasts until I start to add color to the piece.

Really like the foreshortening btw!

Oh mate don't even look at it like that's going to be the actual contrast, that's more or less just where the shadows are going to be placed, the contrast right now is bullshit, I'm going to redo all of that when I start coloring. But in the mean time here's an inked chell :)

Also thanks so much for commenting mate, I really appreaciate it and I welcome it so keep posting, and I'm also glad you like it, I looked at a bunch of reference images just to get the foreshortening right, so I'm super happy that you liked it.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-20 09:38:42

Colored and shaded chell with some mid tones, nothing too dark or too dark, cause I still haven't figured out if the background is good perspective wise, so I didn't want to add any actual ambient lighthing on the character since I haven't figure that out yet. Anyways, hope you like it. Any comment would be truly appreaciated.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-20 11:55:59

At 6/20/13 09:38 AM, Mabelma wrote: Colored and shaded chell with some mid tones, nothing too dark or too dark, cause I still haven't figured out if the background is good perspective wise, so I didn't want to add any actual ambient lighthing on the character since I haven't figure that out yet. Anyways, hope you like it. Any comment would be truly appreaciated.

I think that crease on her boobs shouldn't be there, like the top half of it should just be a flat gradient because the shirt wouldn't go into her cleavage like that
Other than that the colors look great!

every morn I awake from the cavernous night

look at my pictures

look at pictures I look at

BBS Signature

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-20 12:47:26

Thanks so much for the feedback, I went back and fixed the things you told me to fix, and also threw in a couple darker values on her. Once I have her colors all down, I'll begin working on the background.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-20 14:37:52

Colored and inked the rail, so far so good?

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-20 16:33:01

Background added, and shaded. Also increased the outline of the foreground a bit, to make it stand out. Thoughts?

Still haven't added the lighting that should tie everything together but the next update should come with that plus the portals.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-20 18:14:50

Pretty much done with it, would love to hear your input on it, I would like to improve it as much as I can, so anything is welcomed.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-21 19:49:59

Fixed the perspective of the rails, any comments whatsoever?

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-23 13:20:06

This is as far as I could take the image, any comments would be truly appreaciated, I would love to go back and add on to it and make it better, so feel free to say whatever comes to mind :)

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-23 13:34:56

Is this inspired from portal?

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-23 13:39:17

At 6/23/13 01:34 PM, PMMurphy wrote: Is this inspired from portal?

Yes, it's portal 2 fan art.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-23 14:27:47

ah ive never played the game.

I saw the portal in the background. Looked more and found the portal gun after i posted.

I was like...... (i know his response now)

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-06-23 19:08:07

At 6/23/13 02:27 PM, PMMurphy wrote: ah ive never played the game.

I saw the portal in the background. Looked more and found the portal gun after i posted.

I was like...... (i know his response now)

Jajaja, no worries mate, it's a great game, try it out if you get a chance.

Went back and resketched chell a bit to fix some issues.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-08-18 08:53:36

Here's a couple of new things I've done in the past couple of weeks. Trying to find a way to balance my art studies and still have a reasonable amount out of personal creative output so I'm trying to do at least 5 personal images every weeks on top of the freelance stuff and the art studies and all that.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-08-23 17:37:06

Some new stuff :) (not that much today sadly)

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-08-30 19:26:17

This week in Mab's Art :D If you're interested in seeing one of the images up close, let me know and I'll post it up alone.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-09-22 15:34:19

Some of the newest stuff I've been working on in the past couple of weeks.

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-10-06 14:49:23

This week I bring you a couple of pokemon drawings, and a bunch of youtube cover arts, hope you like it.
Check out their stuff here.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqzMraykdNktuMUCJBw53jA
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4bpcB-Zn-0tzfvETuVtK7g

part 1 of 4

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-10-06 14:50:59

part 2 of 4

Response to Improving one of my pieces. 2013-10-06 14:54:11

part 3 of 4