00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane

4,077 Views | 52 Replies

Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-21 13:33:03

When all else fails, blame the casuals!

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-21 14:15:59

At 2/21/10 01:33 PM, KeithHybrid wrote: Sarah Palin gets all butthurt when a character from Family Guy with Down's Syndrome (her voice being provided by an actual Down's Syndrom sufferer) cracks a joke at her.

The exact line:
"My father's an accountant, and my mother's the former governor of Alaska."

I knew this was going to happen the second I heard that line on Family Guy. Clearly, Sarah Palin didn't watch the whole episode or she would have caught the bit at the end where Chris realizes that people with Down Syndrome aren't special or different at all and are clearly capable of being as big of assholes as the rest of us. If anything, I felt that the episode had a message of inclusion and acceptance rather than one of intolerance.

To truly know death you must fuck life in the gall bladder.

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-21 15:54:38

Political correctness never takes a holiday, and Sarah Palin milks it like a Holstein. This is one instance where I would side with her though, having a cheap laugh at her expense is one thing, but families are generally taboo.

Unless you're a Kennedy, those jokes just blow me away.

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-21 17:52:55

Palin just needed an excuse to have more attention put on her.

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-21 18:01:32

making fun of downs syndrome is horrible, but to also attack her family???? thats why i don't watch that show they just go too far

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-21 18:53:24

I don't like Sarah Palin but making fun of special-needs people is pretty low.

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-21 19:20:52

obviously Family guy should have every right to be as offensive as they want to be, and I'm glad they are.

Though, it's entirely understandable that she would get upset and it's not just typical "I'm offended!" crap, given the situation she's in.

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-21 21:14:39

At 2/21/10 05:52 PM, LightParadox wrote: Palin just needed an excuse to have more attention put on her.

When people make-fun-of/offend/provoke a response from Sarah Palin, it just makes her seem more credible.

People really need to get over the jokes about mental retardation. Get yourself some blunt force trauma induced brain damage and you'll see how funny a mental handicap is.

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-21 21:45:54

Not that I want to Palin bash here because it's already too easy, but for Christ's sake, Palin needs to get over herself. Can somebody say attention whore?

Point is, if you watched the episode, you'd see that it WAS NOT MAKING FUN OF MENTALLY CHALLENGED PEOPLE. In fact, it was quite the opposite; it was showing how much mentally challenged people are like everyone else, TL;DR, they can be jerks.

Point here, it was just a joke in passing, Palin's name wasn't even mentioned, and now she's up in arms over nothing.

In other news, did anybody else besides me find it ironic she's blasting her own network company?

New to Politics?/ Friend of the Devil/ I review writing! PM me

"Question everything generally thought to be obvious."-Dieter Rams

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 00:46:46

At 2/21/10 03:54 PM, Prinzy2 wrote: Political correctness never takes a holiday, and Sarah Palin milks it like a Holstein. This is one instance where I would side with her though, having a cheap laugh at her expense is one thing, but families are generally taboo.

I'm sure she'd agree. After all, she would never--

"I for one have always loved my country."

Whoops.

I'm not saying it's right; just pointing out that it's a two-way street.

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 00:59:22

I find it offensive that Palin and O'Reilly sat there and made the issue entirely about her when McFarlane even said on Bill Maher's show that with the lead time on doing the show it was really just a passing joke. I'm more upset that Palin continues to use her special needs child as something to get her attention and grab her sympathy. That woman uses motherhood as a political tool and THAT is what really pisses me off, not some stupid joke on a show that has made it's rep on being as offensive as it possibly can just to get people talking and paying attention.

You don't have to pass an IQ test to be in the senate. --Mark Pryor, Senator

The Endless Crew: Comics and general wackiness. Join us or die.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 01:37:03

At 2/22/10 12:59 AM, aviewaskewed wrote: I find it offensive that Palin and O'Reilly sat there and made the issue entirely about her when McFarlane even said on Bill Maher's show that with the lead time on doing the show it was really just a passing joke. I'm more upset that Palin continues to use her special needs child as something to get her attention and grab her sympathy.

So let me understand what you're saying for a sec.

You're pissed at Palin (whom I personally loathe) because she responded negatively to Family Guy using HER grand-daughter to take a stab at Palin because McFarlane doesn't like her?

Holy shit, you're priorities are all over the place!

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 02:03:52

At 2/22/10 01:37 AM, Memorize wrote: You're pissed at Palin (whom I personally loathe) because she responded negatively to Family Guy using HER grand-daughter to take a stab at Palin because McFarlane doesn't like her?

Sarah Palin doesn't understand that there is no campaign going on for her election and these writers are not career politicians...

The lines are blurring, but just because they made reference to her daughter does not mean she is such an exception to the rule, there are many other famous people defamed and humiliated on that show, but she reacts like she IS the exception.

She is famous, but she doesn't have any authority at all, she is just being hyped up by some republican grapevine aka Fox News, and all those other CPAC cosponsors.

Face it, we all want to fuck her. But please, don't bring her up anymore.

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 02:25:50

At 2/22/10 01:37 AM, Memorize wrote: So let me understand what you're saying for a sec.

Ok, but it looks like you failed.

You're pissed at Palin (whom I personally loathe)

Ok, so far we're on the same page.

because she responded negatively to Family Guy using HER grand-daughter to take a stab at Palin because McFarlane doesn't like her?

No, I'm saying I don't CARE that Family Guy did that. Because I expect Family Guy to do that. I also don't think it's this big stab at her since the clips I've seen make it seem very obviously like a passing joke, and because Family Guy is filled with non-sequitors to begin with. Family Guy in the span of a 22 minute episode will skewer at least 10 different celebrities or bits of culture during the course of it's main story. What I dislike is Palin once again seizing on the opportunity like a rabid dog with a bone to point out "I'm the mother and grandmother of special needs children!!! WORSHIP ME!!!". I understand it's a struggle, I respect that it's a struggle and she's tackling it and all that happy shit, more power to her and anyone who is.

But she also USES that as political tool to promote her image and that I have a real problem with. They are people, small people who are not able to see what mommy/Nanna Sarah are doing and how she's using them for her own gain. That ticks me off, and it ticks me off worse then some guy who isn't really a blip on my radar, who's show is obnoxious and offensive (and always has been) making a quick joke in passing. The joke isn't funny to me, but the reaction is blown out of proportion and I don't really think it's about Palin as much as she wants it to be. It's just another opportunity to remind America of her great struggle being a special needs mother. Fuck that publicity seeking shit.

I think I made my priorities pretty clear the first time, and even clearer now. If you disagree though that's your right and call. That's the beauty of this country, we have the freedom to do that.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 02:54:31

She's always overreacting. The stupid demagogue should shut the fuck up but the money's too good for her to be a good American.

VIVRE CANADA LIBRE!!! VIVRE LE RÉPUBLIQUE CANADIENNE!!!

Fuck Ayn Rand

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 03:34:29

At 2/22/10 02:03 AM, Gunner-D wrote:
The lines are blurring, but just because they made reference to her daughter does not mean she is such an exception to the rule, there are many other famous people defamed and humiliated on that show, but she reacts like she IS the exception.

Except that she never really complained about most of the attacks against her, only refering to them when asked.

I know family guy defames a lot of people, but it's pretty bad when you use someone's down syndrome grand-daughter (infant) to attack someone just because you don't like them.

At 2/22/10 02:25 AM, aviewaskewed wrote:
I think I made my priorities pretty clear the first time, and even clearer now. If you disagree though that's your right and call. That's the beauty of this country, we have the freedom to do that.

Please. You're so full of shit.

You just said that it was SO horrible about her using her grand-daughter to promote her image. So how is MacFarlane using her infant grand-daughter any different?

lol!

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 03:42:24

Who the fuck cares?

[;];=]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 04:54:04

At 2/21/10 06:53 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: I don't like Sarah Palin but making fun of special-needs people is pretty low.

The actress who portrayed that character actually has Down's Syndrome, and says, more or less, that she's believes in humor (whereby, Palin believes in the lack of it). It makes her feel normal.

Self deprecative humor is empowering.

It's not the first time Family Guy has made fun of special needs folks. Marley Maitlan is like a more or less regular gag on the show, and she came to the specials commemorating it.

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 10:45:54

At 2/21/10 06:53 PM, RydiaLockheart wrote: I don't like Sarah Palin but making fun of special-needs people is pretty low.

;;;
I'm old enough to remember when they were "Retarded" people !

THen they became (magically is how I think it must have happened) "mentally retarded".

Which wasn't a big enough change or the families of these people lobbied for "mentally challenged" (see what they've done) , they have gotten rid of the fact these people have retarded mental faculties, in the descriptive words of their problem.

Which still wasn't good enough, so they worked at it & came up with "mentally handicapped" which sounds friendlier & more in tune for sympathy. Like you'd feel for a person in a wheelchair.

Which has now morphed into "Special needs ", but no matter how you label this, even if you make the discription "super special needs hero's"
So being offendded or arguing with the views on this subject with others... this photo still explains it all in a nut shell .

Those who have only the religious opinions of others in their head & worship them. Have no room for their own thoughts & no room to contemplate anyone elses ideas either-More

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 13:06:43

For starters, if she can't take a passing joke in a cartoon show aimed a teenagers and drunk college students how is she ever going to take the pressures of running a country?

Besides, where was Palin when Family Guy made fun of all the other people they've poked fun at over the years? Blacks, midgets, the deaf, etc... where was she when they made fun of other celebraties? It's only a problem now because it involves her? Seems a bit of a double standard to me. Especially for somebody who's trying to campaign on the idea that we need less government and more freedom.

John Rambo is my hero

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 13:28:59

At 2/22/10 03:34 AM, Memorize wrote: Please. You're so full of shit.

Pot and kettle story comes to mind....

You just said that it was SO horrible about her using her grand-daughter to promote her image. So how is MacFarlane using her infant grand-daughter any different?

Because he's not using it to get elected and he's only going to do it the one time and move on? That's how it's different to me. Palin uses her family as a big part of her image and career climbing, Seth McFarlane did it once and I highly doubt he'll be doing it again unless Palin continues to make headlines.

PM me about forum abuse.

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 15:29:16

Making fun of a public figure is one thing, making fun of their grand-daughter with special needs is completely different.

Why do some people find it okay to make fun of the grand-daughter on TV ok, but if he were to make a joke about Down Syndrome in person to someone that would be in bad taste and inappropriate?

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 15:46:37

She's an attention seeking moron who couldn't spell her own name even with a helper.

What'd you expect?

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 15:53:09

I'm glad Newgrounders are so tolerant.....

oh wait

My Profile Page --- Please leave an awesome comment or two

MY TWITTER ---- @mcox731

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 16:49:56

At 2/22/10 03:34 PM, gumOnShoe wrote:
It wasn't a joke directed to disdain people with downs.

Then why add in that line?

Bellum omnium contra omnes

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 16:50:16

At 2/22/10 02:54 AM, mikailus wrote: She's always overreacting. The stupid demagogue should shut the fuck up but the money's too good for her to be a good American.

Wow. Just wow.

I am interested to know what you mean by "good American." Tell us what a "good American" is supposed to be like and how a "good American" is supposed to act. What traits and characteristics does a "good American" possess and what is the personality of a "good American"?

My Profile Page --- Please leave an awesome comment or two

MY TWITTER ---- @mcox731

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 17:00:17

I feel a rant coming on.

*blows referee whistle*

TIME OUT!

So let me get this straight... everyone on up to Sarah Palin has their panties in a wad because of a 4 second line where the character explains what kind of family she's from that -- quite frankly -- wasn't even that funny to begin with? Really? You're joking, right? This is FAMILY GUY, the same show where the main character is retarded and does insanely stupid and tasteless shit week after week, has an alcoholic talking dog whom women also regularly partake of sex with, a sociopathic baby who was depicted was at one point depicted to have brutally killed his mother with an uzi on one episode, and a guy who regularly objectifies women as sexual objects to the point of keeping harem of ear-tagged Asian women in his garage, and people are mad about 4 second sound-byte that really didn't even play that large a part in the storyline of a character who turned out to be a totally spoiled BITCH and lousy date?

Have you lost your fucking minds?

Oh, and get this; Palin's husband isn't an accountant, not by a long shot. In a cartoon where Adam West is the fictional governor of the fictional town of Quahog, how does "my dad is an accountant, and my mother is the former governor of Alaska" from a fictional character (Palin has a son with down syndrome, after all, not a daughter) become an automatic reference to Sarah Palin? For all we know a transvestite Optimus Prime is the former governor of Alaska on that show and is capable of having kids, we don't know.

And since when is Sarah Palin the champion of the people with mental and physical disabilities? Where are the outcries from such organizations as the National Down Syndrome Society over this episode, or the stupid musical number it had where it not only poked fun at the character's habit's, looks, intelligence, and hygiene but also called her a whore? (click)

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 17:49:16

We should spin this around on her.

"Sarah Palin attacks voice actress with down syndrome."

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 19:01:21

Yeah they do this all the time, from jokes about Cheney's lesbian daughter to making fun of Michael J. Fox having Parkinson.
Yeah that's fucking alright.

It wasn't even a joke. It didn't add to the story in any way. It was just a cheap shot but nothing to get pissed about, it's just a frickin cartoon. So. Yeah.

Also if this had been Obama instead of Palin, I bet you the sides would have switched pretty fast but hey we'll never know. Like if Michelle Obama had gone on tv saying it was a cheap shot to "attack" or "make fun of" their downs syndrome kid, a lot of people who are defending Seth would turn on him I bet you.

At 2/22/10 05:00 PM, Proteas wrote:
For all we know a transvestite Optimus Prime is the former governor of Alaska on that show and is capable of having kids, we don't know.

Nah it's pretty clear who they were referring to and no one from the show has denied it as far as I know.

BBS Signature

Response to Palin butthurt at Seth McFarlane 2010-02-22 20:05:07

At 2/22/10 07:01 PM, poxpower wrote: Nah it's pretty clear who they were referring to and no one from the show has denied it as far as I know.

Then why didn't he write the episode so that it was Meg going out with a boy who had Down Syndrome who's father was a consultant for an oil company, hm?

BBS Signature