00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TwistSSD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Stickam Chat

840,390 Views | 9,268 Replies

Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:01:27

DISCLAIMER!
Because stickam is in no way affiliated with newgrounds.com and the rooms are created by newgrounds fans, there is no "official" ties between the two sites. The content on stickam and the administration of the room is not the same as here. Common sense dictates that newgrounds moderators and administrators have no control over what happens in the stickam chatrooms! (IE: don't send me or Wade a PM complaining that so-and-so keeps kicking you from the stickam chat room. We can't do anything about it)

What is stickam? Stickam.com is a website for webcam chat rooms which can be a lot of fun. It's a place where a bunch of Newgrounds regulars, fans, newbies, moderators and administrators hang out on a regular basis.

How do I join in the fun? Buy 18oz of KY Je----- Go to stickam.com, create a free account and check out the last page of this thread to find the current room.

Current room? Since the chat rooms aren't created by stickam itself, but by users of the site rooms often disappear after the site has a hiccup or if nobody is in it for a certain amount of time. When that happens, a new room will be made by one of the newgrounds fans which will be linked to at least once on the newest page of this thread.

Admins, mods, kicks, whaat? An "admin" is the person who created the room. "mods" are appointed by that person to help keep the room clean of spammers/trolls that may stumble in from time to time. A "kick" is when an admin or mod kicks you out of that room. A kick will last for 2 hours and then you can rejoin the room. Since anyone can create a new room there is no guarantee that you will be treated fairly or that you will like the people running the room. Please understand that we can't control how people act in the room, and calling them out in this thread is not effective. Deal with it or PM whoever kicked you in a polite and mature manner.

I will try my best to make sure that dead links are deleted to avoid confusion. We ask that, to avoid unnecessary drama, you follow some simple guidelines to make sure everyone has fun both in the room and in this thread.

The guidelines in regards to this thread may be enforced by BBS moderators at their discretion. Room links by untrusted users, dead links or complaining about the administration of the room may result in deleted posts or BBS bans as mods see fit. If you don't like that, then don't post in this thread.

Below is a list of "rules for newgrounds stickam":

RULE: Do not ask to be a moderator of the chat.

Users of stickam are modded by the current Administrator of the room. If he, or she, sees users who are fit to moderate, those users will be given the powers moderate. If you have to ask to be modded, you clearly aren't ready to be a stickam mod.

RULE: Do not make new rooms when old rooms are still up, and running.

There is no point in having more than one Stickam chat room to chat. One room at a time, ensures that everyone who wants to participate in the same room.

Reasons why this happens:

Users confuse stickam errors as a dead chat room. This is the most common reason why new rooms get posted while the old room is still alive. The Error that means that the current room just got taken down is "getChannel failed:1151". If you get the errors"Web session expired", or "No Response from server", just refresh the page.

Users who don't get modded making their own room for administrator powers. This hasn't been a problem lately, but it has been a problem in the past. Other reasons include disagreements between room administrators.

RULE: Absolutely no complaining about kicks, or bans in this thread.

If you have any complaints, or questions why you were kicked from the chat room, Send a PM to the moderator who kicked you, or to the administrator of the room. Whining about it in this thread will get you nowhere at best, BBS banned at worst.

RULE: No spamming.

Since Stickam has webcam, and microphone support, this rule can be broken down into 3 different categories.

Text Spam: Copying and pasting the same message over again, flooding the room, and white text counts as text spam.

Audio Spam: loud noises coming from a user's microphone. This includes Screaming into the mic, Echo's caused by your mic, as well as playing extremely loud music.

Webcam Spam: Playing annoying videos, adult material, shock, and viral videos. Another form of Webcam spam is closing and re-opening your camera.

RULE: Trolling

If you come into the chat, just to insult others, and cause problems between users, you may receive a kick.

Follow these and you should have a great stickam experience.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Sig pic by Pingu ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:02:05

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:04:42

Oh boy, a whole new thread!

The redesign happened, now my signature doesn't match anymore.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:06:02

I'm not trying to be a jackass when I ask, why was the old thread locked?

New thread woot.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:06:28

first post

shit.

LET'S GO TEAM. LET'S RUIN ANOTHER THREAD.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:07:12

At 2/1/10 04:06 PM, Seraphim17 wrote: I'm not trying to be a jackass when I ask, why was the old thread locked?

New thread woot.

Drama plus this is better as people will hopefully look at those rules.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:09:25

At 2/1/10 04:07 PM, Niloc14 wrote: I feel like I should be part of this whole Stickam dealie. Seeing as it's apparently a large part of the BBS.
But nobody here knows me...

A lot of us are better known on Stickam then the BBS
Just join and don't be an asshole and you'll fit right in

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:10:35

That's great and all Mal, but kicks last for just 1 hour.

Which is why a lot of the time I have trouble believing people get so worked up about them. It's just one fucking hour.

Also look to mention please;

There is both a MUTE option available and an IGNORE USER button. Please please PLEASE can people use them more often to stop some of this needless drama.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:12:03

Sig anyone?

Newgrounds Stickam Chat

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:13:27

This new thread seems like it will serve as a fantastic new start for the Stickam thread, and having all of this information in the original post will definitely set the users up for a clean slate perfectly. Thanks, Mal.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:13:41

At 2/1/10 04:06 PM, Seraphim17 wrote: I'm not trying to be a jackass when I ask, why was the old thread locked?

New thread woot.

I left a lock message detailing that on the last page of the old thread. It's still the same chat/people, just a new thread to showcase it.

At 2/1/10 04:08 PM, Twilight wrote: Does this mean I'm still banned from the thread

nope. check out my lock post in the old thread

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:14:34

Dunno why I'm asking, since I'm hardly ever in there, but meh:

At 2/1/10 04:01 PM, Malachy wrote: If you have any complaints, or questions why you were kicked from the chat room, Send a PM to the moderator who kicked you, or to the administrator of the room. Whining about it in this thread will get you nowhere at best, BBS banned at worst.

What happens if you genuinely don't know / recognise the name of whoever kicked you (i.e. someone changes their screen name, or is only known to the room admin etc.). Is asking who the person is OK here, or do you have to PM and ask the room admin for that?

Follow these and you should have a great stickam experience.

Yeah.... good luck with that.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:20:53

Also kicks last for 1 hour for anyone who is new and reads this.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:22:32

So Mal, are you going to be more active this time around?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:22:36

At 2/1/10 04:19 PM, citricsquid wrote: you can polish a turd but it's still a turd

but a polished turd!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:27:29

Does this mean davidzx is coming back?

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:27:57

At 2/1/10 04:22 PM, Malachy wrote:
At 2/1/10 04:19 PM, citricsquid wrote: you can polish a turd but it's still a turd
but a polished turd!

at least it rolls well.

Woo.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:28:53

At 2/1/10 04:10 PM, Gagsy wrote: That's great and all Mal, but kicks last for just 1 hour.

Which is why a lot of the time I have trouble believing people get so worked up about them. It's just one fucking hour.

Also look to mention please;

There is both a MUTE option available and an IGNORE USER button. Please please PLEASE can people use them more often to stop some of this needless drama.

I agree with Gagsy, you can easily just click out of someone's cam if you don't like what they are saying or showing. Unless they are opening and closing their cam over and over than I think that they should be kicked, but otherwise, use the fucking ignore button.

Fuck you.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:31:28

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:31:42

At 2/1/10 04:27 PM, EvilJesus wrote: Does this mean davidzx is coming back?

Don't even joke.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:36:23

New thread for stickam means new posts from me FOR stickam :3

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:46:03

Fucking A, my computer won't load stickam.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 16:58:18

At 2/1/10 04:55 PM, Sensationalism wrote: So is this thread going to be eventually locked too??

As long as there are enough mods committed to checking on this thread every day, probably not.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 17:23:44

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 17:28:17

to clear some things up if you didn't read my lock message for the original thread:

the BBS mods had a chat with each other. We felt it best to create a new thread so that we can easily let you know what our expectations are of this thread and of how you guys act in it as well as provide something a little more useful to folks who haven't used stickam before and avoid all of the "why is the link broken???" posts from when people would click sard's link in the opening post of the last thread.

If you all behave, we'll let stickam hang around on the forums. If you don't, we might cut our losses and tell you guys "tough shit" and you will have to use a userpage blog or something like that stickam.newgrounds.com account and only that.

Obviously, some of us like this format but we just wish we didn't have to babysit a thread because of it. Having a place on the forums where we can get together and chat and see eachother on webcam is a cool thing for building a tight-knit community which is hard to do with the BBS being the size it is and the number of users who come here daily. We don't want to lose that while we wait for our own newgrounds chat to be launched.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 17:29:12

Happy Birthday new stickam thread! For anyone who hasn't been to stickam to chat with the rest of us, don't be scared, come in and say hello! ^_^

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 17:35:00

At 2/1/10 04:09 PM, DannyJay wrote: Malachy, I don't find it being necessary to make a whole new thread,

Too bad no one asked for your fucking opinion.

when you could have just made that post in the 1st thread.

And none of you mouthbreahters would have read it.

Making a new thread won't make a differance, people will still do shit.

I agree. This thread should never have been made. It's not like you all haven't been given 4350487 chances already to not fuck it up.

you could've enforced what you're doing in this thread in the 1st thread, y'know.

maybe you're just bored and want a super long thread of your own.

Maybe you just need to stfu and appreciate that you are being given another chance despite the fact that we don't owe you a goddamn thing. But the powers that be have decided to give it to you anyway.

I'm going to be monitoring this thread as much as possible as well. I am fully abreast of Mal's rules and ready to enforce them, despite the fact that I personally don't believe any of you deserve to have this in the first place.

And in case anyone is still wondering why PsychoGoldfish is dragging ass with the chat, consider the fact that maybe he's seen the absolute crotchpit that is Stickam and had a change of heart.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 17:45:05

At 2/1/10 05:35 PM, Jamoke wrote: stfu danny

I love you Jamoke.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 17:53:53

At 2/1/10 05:48 PM, EJR wrote: If you do get all 3 strikes by May 1st, Malachy gets nudes of TehSlapHappy whether he wants them or not. We have agreed upon this and we shall make it so.

Wait.

what happened?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 17:55:58

At 2/1/10 05:53 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote:
At 2/1/10 05:48 PM, EJR wrote: If you do get all 3 strikes by May 1st, Malachy gets nudes of TehSlapHappy whether he wants them or not. We have agreed upon this and we shall make it so.
Wait.

what happened?

wtf

Twilight those nudes are for you only!

Also I coined the term Mal Day on Mal 1st. I demand royalties.

BBS Signature