00:00
00:00

Newgrounds Stickam Chat

774,392 Views | 9,996 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 20:03:25

At 2/1/10 07:47 PM, Twilight wrote: If this thing becomes corrupted and retarded

Are you on about this thread, or Citric's auto-room doohicky here? I don't follow.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 20:21:59

At 2/1/10 08:09 PM, Twilight wrote: Citric's thingamajig

I don't get what Mal has to do with bot maintenance (maybe you meant to write Citric up there, IDK), but even if it spanners itself (or a chat mod fucks it up... nobody's perfect after all), there's nothing stopping you or anyone else just using the normal method of creating rooms (provided there's good reason for doing so, i.e. the bot has stopped working or the only person / people in control of it have spontaneously decided to be dicks, etc.).

It's not like it's going to block out the buttons for making a room via any other way, so as long as you can properly justify ignoring the bot's room / making your own, I don't see the problem with deciding to do it yourself if it becomes a better option.

Then again, that'll be up to whoever's in charge of both it and this thread at the time (should said time come), so I really have no idea why I just wrote all that. >_<

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 20:43:15

Nobody's offered a penny for my thoughts, but here are my two cents.

Which begs the question, where did my other cent go?

Some people will groan and think "can't we all just get along?" when i start down these points, but they exist, they are real, they're the elephant in the room. I'm not going to trash-talk anyone, i'm just going to talk about the specific ways in which each of the two chat systems work.

A lot of people chose Stickam over Paltalk to begin with because of the lower level of control and discipline involved. Some kids don't want to be babysat, some people enjoy the drama that comes from some random douche making a room 2 months ago.

Posts deleted and bans enforced on this thread are a risk that a lot of people are willing to take because otherwise the Internet becomes a pretty boring place with everyone nodding to the rules 100% of the time. Talking further about modding issues is pretty useless from my part, since i have next-to-no voice on that matter, rightfully so, so i won't go too deeply into it.

But bottom line, the bot idea seems to me like a path that would bring Stickam so close to the mechanics of Paltalk there would be little if no difference left between the two. I know that would drive me away quite permanently, and perhaps i'd be following a few other users out. I enjoy having the choice between strict and not-so-strict (to avoid words that have become cliché in this discussion).

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 20:44:42

Systematically boring.

Monster Count: 2999 - Countdown to 3000

DO ANY OF YOU BOYS LIVE IN VIRGINIA?!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 20:56:21

At 2/1/10 08:44 PM, Minion777 wrote: Systematically boring.

Oh Minion.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 21:01:31

At 2/1/10 08:52 PM, Fyndir wrote:
At 2/1/10 08:43 PM, C-Hawk wrote: But bottom line, the bot idea seems to me like a path that would bring Stickam so close to the mechanics of Paltalk there would be little if no difference left between the two.
All the bot would be doing is automatically creating the room and then modding people who are on the list.

That list is what i have a problem with. No, i'm not asking to be on it. I'm just saying that "close friend groups" would be sure to ruin it. Let's say there's someone Citricsquid doesn't like for some personal reason or another. (you can fill in the rest of this hypothetical story quite easily with your own imagination)
As far as i can see, "it's not broken", so i'm reluctant to see it being fixed.

Translator, time traveller, aerospace engineer, and voodoo priest extraordinaire.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 21:06:42

At 2/1/10 09:01 PM, C-Hawk wrote: Let's say there's someone Citricsquid doesn't like for some personal reason or another. (you can fill in the rest of this hypothetical story quite easily with your own imagination)

If it does go down that route, there's nothing stopping people simply going back to the current way of making rooms. And who's to say it'll be any more exploitable in this manner than the current method?

It may not be in need of "fixing", but that doesn't mean people shouldn't try and improve it where they can. If it doesn't work, it's as simple as packing it in and telling the mods that it hasn't worked.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 21:16:32

At 2/1/10 09:06 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote: And who's to say it'll be any more exploitable in this manner than the current method?

Staying on the same hypothetical scenario - and Citric, that's all this is, i'm not picking on you, obviously - with the current method, Citric's room would die in time, someone else would make a room, and his days if tyranny and oppression are gone.

New method, it stays there.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 21:20:12

I can't wait till I can get drunk on stickam for you guys! ;D

We should have a drinkin party.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 21:28:25

At 2/1/10 09:20 PM, Father-of-Death wrote: I can't wait till I can get drunk on stickam for you guys! ;D

We should have a drinkin party.

Yeah, totally.

Newgrounds Stickam Chat

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 22:22:33

OH BOY OH BOY.

GfG WANTS TO JOIN THE FUN!

Finally got a webcam...Now it's time to whore myself completly out bitchez

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 22:26:44

At 2/1/10 10:15 PM, Techno wrote: stuff

Oh cool I was wondering wtf was going on, Hopefully this gets sorted out.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 22:35:26

At 2/1/10 10:31 PM, LynchedJohNNY wrote:
At 2/1/10 06:42 PM, EJR wrote:
CosmicDeath
So... you would nominate someone with a 3-4 track record at best as mod/room maker? I've got some land to sell you buddy and it comes real cheap. Sarcasm aside, Cosmic would be a good choice IMO but I do not think she is a regular by NG BBS standards. Maybe I'm being a hard ass IDK.

She is here a lot more than you. She is a regular. She's here a lot. You're not even really around that much anymore.

why would you delete my forum sig i barely even fucking use this shitty website anymore you sneaky cunt idiot

BBS Signature

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 23:07:40

TOO MUCH PEOPLE TALK RANDOMLY ON THIS THING.

I love it.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 23:38:06

This is actually very exciting, though I hope I have all of the pictures from the old thread saved.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-02 00:14:30

I remember when I said that we should make a specefic guide of rules and everyone was like FUCK YOU FATKID. :P

WHY DONT I EVER COME HERE ANYMORE. WAAAHH.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-02 01:02:02

efjgrhfdhf

About citricsquids idea. Sure it sounds good on paper or in text.. but say for example you get two different users disagree about a certain user who has been given modding rights. Say me and Gory disagree on someone, I like them as a mod and he doesn't, when I leave Stickam at night whats to stop Gory (THIS IS TOTALLY AN EXAMPLE I HAD TO USE SOMEONES NAME, GORY WOULDN'T DO THIS) decides to remove that user from the list while I'm not there to intervene.

Just seems like a lot can go wrong, and it is actually worse going from one person in 'charge' to having multiple people with different opinions in charge at once.

I agree with Tiago really (C-Dork or Hawk). It just seems like we're making it TOO serious. It does need a level of seriousness to stop this drama but yeah we're just going to turn it into something people won't want to chat in.

Also if Jamie doesn't get unpermabanned then there is a lot, a fucking lot wrong with how this site is currently being modded. But that is just my 2 cents.

He's not a bad guy, not a bad user.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-02 01:31:45

At 2/1/10 10:56 PM, cast wrote:
At 2/1/10 06:49 PM, Rucklo wrote: i <3 wades idea.
That was actually part of my idea about a year ago. I sent it to numerous mods via PM. The most common response in a nut shell was that they didn't have the time/didn't want to police the Stickam thread that tightly.

really? then i absolutley hate, loath and despise the idea. LOL ^______________________^

Wakka wakka

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-02 09:17:55

At 2/2/10 01:02 AM, Gagsy wrote: About citricsquids idea. Sure it sounds good on paper or in text.. but say for example you get two different users disagree about a certain user who has been given modding rights. Say me and Gory disagree on someone, I like them as a mod and he doesn't, when I leave Stickam at night whats to stop Gory (THIS IS TOTALLY AN EXAMPLE I HAD TO USE SOMEONES NAME, GORY WOULDN'T DO THIS) decides to remove that user from the list while I'm not there to intervene.

That's when you should act like adults and discuss personal differences via the PM system. If anyone starts being stupid with it, they probably shouldn't have been given admin rights in the first place. I know it's hard to get everyone to agree on a set list, but it's at least worth a try.

I agree with Tiago really (C-Dork or Hawk). It just seems like we're making it TOO serious. It does need a level of seriousness to stop this drama but yeah we're just going to turn it into something people won't want to chat in.

At the end if the day, this is just an internet forum with a thread about Stickam in it. It's not like it's a binding contract or anything. Like I (and a few other people) said already: if it works better than the current way, then great; if it doesn't, then there's nothing stopping everyone just going back the way it was.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-02 12:34:08

I was in the old Stickam thread for one evening and it got raped to death. Oh my.

Lies make baby Jesus cry, bitch.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-02 14:27:24

Way too many randomers, tell me when there aren't as many idiots in the room.

"Physicsman09: The Gordon Freeman of Newgrounds"

-The-Hitman

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-02 16:13:11

At 2/1/10 11:07 PM, GayForGirls wrote: TOO MUCH PEOPLE TALK RANDOMLY ON THIS THING.

I love it.

Too bad I wasn't there for you baby <3

I be down with Mozart mother fucker! I've been banging out jives since I was a dickworm

Slags and hoes.

Oh shit king kong what are you going

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-02 17:41:37

Right when i entered the room joy told me to go away! :( it was an emotional kick. :*(

I will never forgive you joy. NEVER! >:( YOU BULLY!

REVENGE IS SO SWEET!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO LOLOL

Newgrounds Stickam Chat

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-02 17:49:59

At 2/2/10 05:41 PM, Father-of-Death wrote:

:Joy told me to go away!
Joy's chest hair is so sexy :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-02 17:56:31

Joy's name shall now be Jay

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-02 18:23:13

a new thread

a new day

a new era

a new way

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-02 19:42:03

Every man's got his vice. My vice: a royale with cheese.

DASHU BEEG PUSSHY

"I fucking fucked this band. They are the best fuck, PERIOD."

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-02 19:43:30

At 2/2/10 07:42 PM, Endless-Psychoticism wrote: Link to New York.

The guidos are invading

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-02 21:50:14

There is some chick I'm eyeballing at the moment.

Newgrounds Stickam Chat

Bleh, what am I still doing here?

BBS Signature