00:00
00:00

Newgrounds Stickam Chat

774,322 Views | 9,996 Replies

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 17:35:00

At 2/1/10 04:09 PM, DannyJay wrote: Malachy, I don't find it being necessary to make a whole new thread,

Too bad no one asked for your fucking opinion.

when you could have just made that post in the 1st thread.

And none of you mouthbreahters would have read it.

Making a new thread won't make a differance, people will still do shit.

I agree. This thread should never have been made. It's not like you all haven't been given 4350487 chances already to not fuck it up.

you could've enforced what you're doing in this thread in the 1st thread, y'know.

maybe you're just bored and want a super long thread of your own.

Maybe you just need to stfu and appreciate that you are being given another chance despite the fact that we don't owe you a goddamn thing. But the powers that be have decided to give it to you anyway.

I'm going to be monitoring this thread as much as possible as well. I am fully abreast of Mal's rules and ready to enforce them, despite the fact that I personally don't believe any of you deserve to have this in the first place.

And in case anyone is still wondering why PsychoGoldfish is dragging ass with the chat, consider the fact that maybe he's seen the absolute crotchpit that is Stickam and had a change of heart.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 17:45:05

At 2/1/10 05:35 PM, Jamoke wrote: stfu danny

I love you Jamoke.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 17:53:53

At 2/1/10 05:48 PM, EJR wrote: If you do get all 3 strikes by May 1st, Malachy gets nudes of TehSlapHappy whether he wants them or not. We have agreed upon this and we shall make it so.

Wait.

what happened?

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 17:55:58

At 2/1/10 05:53 PM, TehSlapHappy wrote:
At 2/1/10 05:48 PM, EJR wrote: If you do get all 3 strikes by May 1st, Malachy gets nudes of TehSlapHappy whether he wants them or not. We have agreed upon this and we shall make it so.
Wait.

what happened?

wtf

Twilight those nudes are for you only!

Also I coined the term Mal Day on Mal 1st. I demand royalties.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:14:14

At 2/1/10 06:00 PM, Twilight wrote:
I demand nudes.

Wait wait, just so we're clear any mod looking to stop this whole circle jerk in its tracks, does this count as spam?

FFS are you trying to get a Strike 1 already?

Also want to add to whichever mod deleted my and Twilights last discussion in the old Stickam thread, I found it a bit of a weird thing to do. We were trying to get over one of the major issues in any Stickam room, not causing drama - Which is;

Wrongful Kicking

I just want to mention it now again, in this fresh thread, so that mods of the rooms know that it is never right to kick on sight just because of WHO a user is. Kicks last for an hour for a reason. Once that hour is done so is the users 'crime'.

I just feel it's important for users to remember this, as this is what half causes the drama. Someone kicks someone else for no reason, then the kicked understandably gets annoyed at that fact and wants to bitch off in here.

To avoid that, more needs to be done to ensure people aren't kicking unfairly. Future hosts take note. Don't mod people with a track record of wrongful kicking.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:29:21

At 2/1/10 05:23 PM, Rig wrote: http://stickam.com/member/loadChatRoom.d o?roomId=1522551
Rucklo's DJing for us!

but you sucked, because you missed the set once i got it up n running. :(

had to set the input through my laptops mic-input, the cam-program kept crashing down on me... how shitty is that :D

Wakka wakka

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:33:46

At 2/1/10 06:29 PM, Fyndir wrote:
Which is why I recommend anyone who gets kicked to screenshot the kick screen before clicking ok on it

Anyone kicked UNFAIRLY.

Let's clear that up. People will get kicked and half the time it will be their own fault. I agree with you but only when it comes to people who truly TRULY don't believe they deserved to get kicked. Then of course PM the host with this information.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:34:00

At 2/1/10 06:14 PM, Gagsy wrote: To avoid that, more needs to be done to ensure people aren't kicking unfairly. Future hosts take note. Don't mod people with a track record of wrongful kicking.

Hypothetical question:

Suppose I (or anyone, really) made a room and wanted to know who has a track record of doing this. Who's the best person to ask?
Failing that, is there like a list or something anywhere?

(P.S: Please don't post any lists of users suspected of abusing the kick button here, it will only lead to unnecessary butthurt.)

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:37:18

I have never abused my power. *kicks Fyndir*

Hopefully we can keep it at a normal level so we don't get locked.

Normal being quite a stretch for us.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:37:32

At 2/1/10 06:34 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
Hypothetical question:

Suppose I (or anyone, really) made a room and wanted to know who has a track record of doing this. Who's the best person to ask?

Me.

No, I'm not tooting my own horn. I've just probably been the most regular of Stickam regulars since day one. I generally know the ins and outs of Stickam drama and try to stop parties from arguing when I come (if I'm not involved of course) and I'm a moral f*g.

Or if you do host a room and are unsure just try your own judgement at first, you might make a mistake, but live and learn, and that is probably the best way to do it. After all people change, and someone who was a shitty Stickam mod before might have matured since.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:40:58

At 2/1/10 06:37 PM, Gagsy wrote:
At 2/1/10 06:34 PM, Sheizenhammer wrote:
Hypothetical question:

Me.

No, I'm not tooting my own horn. I've just probably been the most regular of Stickam regulars since day one. I generally know the ins and outs of Stickam drama and try to stop parties from arguing when I come (if I'm not involved of course) and I'm a moral f*g.

Or if you do host a room and are unsure just try your own judgement at first, you might make a mistake, but live and learn, and that is probably the best way to do it. After all people change, and someone who was a shitty Stickam mod before might have matured since.

She would be one of the ones to ask.

Her, GoryBlizzard, Fyndir........and I'd go out on a limb and say myself, but I've only been around since Summer of last year.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:40:58

I wondering if the Stickam regulars should pick a few of the regulars to create rooms. Only they can make a new room and link to it here. If it's not them, a mod could delete the link. Maybe post a list of approved room creators. Then those creators should limit who they mod in the room to reduce the # of people that can be asses and kick people who shouldn't be kicked.

Just an idea, and it's totally up to you guys.

Follow me on Twitter! TWITTER

Be my Facebook friend! FACEBOOK

Google+ Profile

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:41:07

At 2/1/10 06:35 PM, Twilight wrote:
There's no list, but it is best to ask Gagsy and GoryBlizzard.

Also Gagsy go to bed.

fffffffffff

Yes Gory too. I always forget him. It's because he's so boring.

No I love him really.

Seriously Gory knows too. We're like mother and father Stickam.

Also fuck off Twilight, I'm going. <3

At 2/1/10 06:38 PM, Fyndir wrote:
At 2/1/10 06:33 PM, Gagsy wrote: Anyone kicked UNFAIRLY.
Yes, that.
Which raises another minor point.

When posting a room link, we really should include the hosts NG userpage, so that it's super-convenient for people to get in touch with them.

Linking to the rules is less relevant now since they're in the first post.

Current info:
Room is hosted by Jamie.

I think that's actually a really good idea, and I can't believe no one thought of it sooner D:

Seems like the ideal thing to do with each room link, especially as the hosts are not always in the room.

At 2/1/10 06:38 PM, EJR wrote:
Yeah, Gagsy. Go to bed.

D:<

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:44:19

At 2/1/10 06:40 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Just an idea, and it's totally up to you guys.

I've seen the idea before, and my only addition to it would be that other people could make rooms, but ONLY IF the current room dies and none of the 'trusted regulars' are around to make a new one.

Other than that, it's a good idea IMO.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:44:48

At 2/1/10 06:40 PM, WadeFulp wrote: Just an idea, and it's totally up to you guys.

I'm for it. That idea isn't new, either--it was actually discussed in the previous Stickam thread sometime in the early summer, and I think it's worth revisiting.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:45:44

At 2/1/10 06:44 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
I'm for it. That idea isn't new, either--it was actually discussed in the previous Stickam thread sometime in the early summer, and I think it's worth revisiting.

It sounds like a good idea.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:46:32

At 2/1/10 06:40 PM, WadeFulp wrote: I wondering if the Stickam regulars should pick a few of the regulars to create rooms. Only they can make a new room and link to it here. If it's not them, a mod could delete the link. Maybe post a list of approved room creators. Then those creators should limit who they mod in the room to reduce the # of people that can be asses and kick people who shouldn't be kicked.

Just an idea, and it's totally up to you guys.

If I remember correctly there was some kind of plan to do this ages ago, like last year in the previous thread. I think some NG mod also tried only having rooms made by NG mods. Which as you can imagine with Stickams constant fucking up didn't last too long.

Anyway, while yes we do have our issues, I don't think it's right to limit newer Stickam users to making rooms if they get the chance too.

"Sorry you haven't been a Stickam reg for longer then 3 weeks and no one has modded you yet, we won't be using your room"

Just seems a bit uninviting to me personally. Of course when certain users have made rooms in the past (PSP) we usually know to just make a new one and not use theirs.

I don't know. I just don't think it can work more than anything.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:48:12

I wanna host rooms or come up with names and shitz.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:49:57

i <3 wades idea.

Wakka wakka

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:50:42

At 2/1/10 06:46 PM, Gagsy wrote: opinion

Although I could see what you mean. I think Stickam regs creating the rooms would be a good idea. Those that been around long enough would know everything. They'd be able to judge who makes good mods, who causes trouble and how to handle the room.

If someone who has just been on for a week makes the room, then they'd have no idea who anyone really is or how anyone acts and it wouldn't be too long before people start getting kicked for no reason or drama starts.

If we have those that are regulars and can handle a room make it then it shall go along smoothly.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:52:30

At 2/1/10 06:42 PM, EJR wrote:
I nominate
Jmalouin7

I would say everyone is fine except him since he was the person doing most of the spamming near the end of the last thread.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:53:59

Cool locked rather than deleted so the thousands of post count remain for us <3

Also lol it got locked, finally get in, ill get in myself to.

When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.

Let's Player, Artist, NekoMika's Legacy!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:56:50

At 2/1/10 06:54 PM, EJR wrote:
At 2/1/10 06:52 PM, 36Holla wrote:
At 2/1/10 06:42 PM, EJR wrote: Jmalouin7
I would say everyone is fine except him since he was the person doing most of the spamming near the end of the last thread.
Well actually, he's the current room host, sooooooooo...

Just an opinion yo.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:58:03

At 2/1/10 06:50 PM, Keith wrote:
If we have those that are regulars and can handle a room make it then it shall go along smoothly.

To be honest, I can't recall the last time a room was made by a non Stickam Regular anyway. So are we really going to have to sit there and work out which regs are 'better' than others for ther job?

At 2/1/10 06:52 PM, 36Holla wrote:
Jmalouin7

Despite that obvious bad display then he is a really good Stickam host and mod there. I don't know what he was thinking that morning but that isn't the Jamie we know from Stickam, or even the Jamie we know from Newgrounds. His posting has never been terrible from what I've seen. He just made a bad choice that day. Though I think certain mods did overreact about that, especially about permabanning him. Especially when a 'raid' made up of other Stickam members only got them 7 days ban a piece, with some of them getting it reduced still. Though that is just my ever watchful opinion.

Regardless, he has always been decent and fair on Stickam.

[One night I will say to it: Heart, be still... And it will.]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 18:58:57

there's a term I recall from school, "voting with your feet" which is used to explain how disgruntled citizens of a democracy can pick up and move to another part of the country that better reflects their political views. like say the south west is all about lower taxes and free speech, people from the northeast who are sick of high taxes and censorship will simply move to the southwest, thus giving that part of the country more votes in a representative assembly in the government.

anyway, what I'm getting at is if somebody utterly sucks at controlling a room, I trust that most of you will probably go to a better managed room, which I use to judge between 3 or 4 rooms that popped up at one time in the old thread. I'd click all the links and any dead/empty room links would just be deleted and the one with the most people would just quietly become the current room.

That is also all up to if a BBS mod is around and what their criteria for a good room is (first link posted/best managed room/least likely to be deleted for offensive name) and I don't really like deciding these things for all of you. I like Wade's idea but it'd be hard to control who is/isn't allowed to make rooms if say everyone on the list dropped off the internet, ya know? A fluid list sort of like a "regulars list" that you guys have weekly votes on in the room and a keeper of the list saves on their computer in a text or excel file could be neat. Doesn't have to be a popularity contest just a "is this guy a dick? no? cool, he's on the list" or "why did that guy kick so-and-so? well, that's a shitty reason" and knock him off the mod list. When a new room is made, the keeper of the list will let the new room admin see the current list for available users to mod.

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! Sig pic by Peregrinus ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Blag [updated: 7/9/2018] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 19:08:45

At 2/1/10 06:58 PM, Malachy wrote: long post

I'd probably put quite a bunch of stickam regs on that list. So I highly doubt we will all just disappear all at once.

Overall, the room is fine. I have no problems with it. I'll keep going back so how ever you all want to handle it, go for it. If I feel like I have to put in my 2 cents, I will.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 19:16:13

I think with a new thread and new room. We should start fresh with whatever we know. So for example, if you had a problem with Twilight or some other user then forget it. It gives everyone a chance to redeem themselves and to prove they are actually a good person.

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 19:26:40

At 2/1/10 04:19 PM, citricsquid wrote: you can polish a turd but it's still a turd

You can't polish a turd... but you can roll it in glitter.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Stickam Chat 2010-02-01 19:31:50

At 2/1/10 07:25 PM, citricsquid wrote:
This is a wild idea, so forgive me if it makes everyone shit their pants.

Instead of having the "regulars" create rooms, we have a bot. Stickam has an open API that I played with and it's very easy to do, I could slap together an app that automatically creates a room when the users request it, it automatically adds all "regulars" on a predefined list to the moderator list and then when it goes down because of stickam breaking or inactivity a user just clicks "create room", it recreates room, re moderators all the moderators and it continues.

It would mean no one person had control over the room, it would be down to the moderators who were always the same, it means that there'd be no bitching and whining... haha just kidding that'll forever exist.

but yes, idea: y/n? would save a lot of problems this seems to have if it's always the same, eg: silver-glint, gagsy and fyndir (only ones I remember of the top of my head) are mods, if they want to add another they discuss it between themselves and if they agree, user gets added, they're also automatically modded on room recreation.

Seems the easiest solution.

What does the stickam TOS say in regards to automatic bots creating rooms? I don't want you guys to start on a project just to get your accounts deleted. And although NG isn't having a part in you guys using the service, I don't want to put NG at risk of stickam deeming us a hotbed for TOS breaking script kiddies.

However, if that's good to go, is there a way to have a "bot" stay in the room 24/7 until stickam hiccups and kills the room itself? That would help a lot with the room errors or 4 rooms popping up once stickam shits the bed. Your idea still includes a list and if we dont have access to you, would you be willing to help somebody else develop the program so that if you get eaten by land sharks, they can keep the place running as usual?

¥ ♡ ¥ BBS, Review and Chat Mod - PM for help or to snitch! Sig pic by Peregrinus ¥ ♡ ¥

¥ ♡ ¥ Blag [updated: 7/9/2018] ¥ ♡ ¥

BBS Signature