00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

GodsPurpose just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Inch by Inch Collab

1,171 Views | 14 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-01-29 17:20:45

Hello all!

Welcome to the Inch by Inch collab. It is essentially a normal collab but your workspace is only 72 pixels by 72 pixels (aka, an inch by an inch). It can basically be anything, as long as it is over 5 seconds and not extremely stupid.

Specs
72 by 72 pixels (of course)
At least 5 seconds in length
White background (make your own if you please)
24 FPS
Find your own music. If needed, I will find a song to put over the whole collab.

I am hoping for at least 20 parts for this. Even if we do get 20, thats still only 1:40 long, so lets hope we get even more (or longer) parts.

If some people would like, they could make extras or easter eggs.

BBS Signature

Response to The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-01-29 17:26:42

I am kinda getting a headache just thinking about watching something that small. I hope it all works out in the end, but I really don't know how well it could turn out. I also am unsure if Newgrounds will allow such a small pixel size to submit.

Ill try to make a part just to be helpful.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-01-29 18:04:53

i can join but wat must i do i mean random and funny or wat ?

GAME JAM 7

Response to The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-01-29 18:23:30

At 1/29/10 05:26 PM, ForNoReason wrote: I am kinda getting a headache just thinking about watching something that small. I hope it all works out in the end, but I really don't know how well it could turn out. I also am unsure if Newgrounds will allow such a small pixel size to submit.

I'm pretty sure they will because a while ago I saw "World's Smallest Snake Game" or something like that, and I'm pretty sure it was smaller than 72x72

Ill try to make a part just to be helpful.

At 1/29/10 06:04 PM, Icandraw wrote: i can join but wat must i do i mean random and funny or wat ?

Preferably funny, but it can really be anything.

BBS Signature

Response to The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-01-29 18:53:01

I might be interested in creating a minigame for it, although I'm not sure if it'll all work out on such a small stage, purely for the nostalgia. I've got no idea about a type of game that would fit in for it, bar from Snake (which is already taken).

<3

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-01-29 21:01:08

At 1/29/10 06:53 PM, mwmike wrote: I might be interested in creating a minigame for it, although I'm not sure if it'll all work out on such a small stage, purely for the nostalgia. I've got no idea about a type of game that would fit in for it, bar from Snake (which is already taken).

haha yeah, i dunno how well it will work out either, but its worth a shot! I think that Argy did those mini-snake games but he deleted them or something so it would no longer be copying.

<3

BBS Signature

Response to The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-01-30 07:14:22

I love your logic on idea thievery there. I'm contemplating a tetris style thing as well, perhaps I could create two games - either that or create them both and choose the best one I can come up with.

Formerly known as mwmike | I'm moderately active on last.fm | Before you post, read these. Please.

BBS Signature

Response to The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-01-30 07:17:51

By the way, what version of Flash/ActionScript are you using? It could represent a bit of a problem.

BBS Signature

Response to The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-01-30 08:45:06

I'll do one, although it'll probably be very random. also what as.
I'll make one and pm you with a link as soon as possible

Response to The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-01-31 05:39:03

When are you hoping to have the whole thing finished, so I know ow long I have to do my animation

Response to The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-01-31 22:00:46

At 1/31/10 05:39 AM, flashero wrote: When are you hoping to have the whole thing finished, so I know ow long I have to do my animation

I don't really have a due date chosen, but if I start to see people slacking off (if this collab actually takes off), I will make one.

At 1/30/10 07:17 AM, mwmike wrote: By the way, what version of Flash/ActionScript are you using? It could represent a bit of a problem.

Flash 8! Cuz I'm old school.

BBS Signature

Response to The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-02-01 13:24:48

At 1/31/10 10:00 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: Flash 8! Cuz I'm old school.

Good, good. I'm also oldschool, so this is perfect. I was seriously expecting that we'd have to work in CS4/AS3 there. Anyways, here's my WIP for a snake game. Any suggestions?

BBS Signature

Response to The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-02-02 03:06:09

At 1/31/10 10:00 PM, MichaelHurst wrote: Flash 8! Cuz I'm old school.

I don't think i'll be able to participate so.

Response to The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-02-05 16:13:58

Is this going to go ahead? It seems pretty dead.

BBS Signature

Response to The Inch by Inch Collab 2010-02-06 00:15:09

At 2/5/10 04:13 PM, mwmike wrote: Is this going to go ahead? It seems pretty dead.

eh. it doesn't look good.

BBS Signature