00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Women comedians

3,420 Views | 40 Replies

Response to Women comedians 2010-01-29 14:25:50

I find the attractive ones to be very unfunny. The less attractive ones seem to be more funny.

But all in all, I would agree that females suck at comedy.

S&Box, the gameĀ Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Women comedians 2010-01-29 14:50:27

I have to say that I find Lisa Lampanelli funny the first while you watch her stand up, but then I just get tired of it. I agree with you. I'm not sure if it's actually because their women, maybe it's because they're afraid to be as vulgar sometimes as men. I'm not sure, but I can't find them funny.

The Originals //::// Drumming //::// KoL //://

Olskool Win

BBS Signature

Response to Women comedians 2010-01-29 14:51:11

I've always thought this too. Women just don't make good comedians except Lisa Lamponelli (?)

I've watched a couple and I usually get too embarrassed to watch their stand up because it either seems bland or just that the jokes are mediocre.

BBS Signature

Response to Women comedians 2010-01-29 15:01:31

I think they're the same as men, but then again I'm a women.

Response to Women comedians 2010-01-29 17:26:06

I dont know i dont like women comedians for some reason, they are REALLY unfunny to me i guess i just don't know i find it kind of frustrating to watch them joke and everyone laugh and im just sitting there like..jesus..Id whip this broad with her own spinal cord if i could.

BBS Signature

Response to Women comedians 2010-01-29 17:34:11

Sexay and funneh.

Women comedians

This too will pass.

Memento mori

BBS Signature

Response to Women comedians 2010-01-29 17:44:58

At 1/29/10 09:16 AM, RandomFreak wrote: The problem with most "minority" comics (i.e. comics who aren't straight white males) of any kind is that they only talk about being whatever minority they are. Gay comics talk about being gay, black comics talk about being black, and women talk about women's issues. As a result most of the time they only appeal to those within their own minority. There are occassional exceptions of course but it's really the way it is for the most part.

Well I agree with this, but unfortunately I am a woman and even I don't find women comedians all that funny, even if they talk about things that other women can relate to :/ When I read the name of the thread first I thought "Nuuuh uhhh! that's not true! :(" but now that I think of there are just very very few female comedians that I find funny, or may be funny for the first couple of minutes before you get bored of their style or type of jokes :/

Response to Women comedians 2010-01-29 17:52:47

The onlt female comic i like is Lisa Lampanelli. Only because she rips on everybody so hard.

My opinions are so useless, I don't even listen to them.

BBS Signature

Response to Women comedians 2010-01-29 18:00:49

My good sir, have you ever seen Maria Bamford?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Women comedians 2010-01-29 18:36:41

Um, Sarah Silverman is pretty hilarious. She's female, right?

Come reply to my Art Thread or I will forever hate you with a passion!

BBS Signature

Response to Women comedians 2010-01-29 18:41:29

At 1/29/10 04:42 AM, StuffyOne wrote: Well you see, in my scientific research. I've found that women are missing a certain 'funny gene' I base this on absolutely nothing.

Do you believe that your research can be useful to help find ways to implant the funny gene into women, Dr. Stuffy?

i deserve death

dont click the link this account is shit and fuck me

BBS Signature