00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fav. 90's Disney Movies...

5,201 Views | 38 Replies

Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 00:40:38

(Please, by all means put whatever Animated Disney movie you like. Ones from the 90's was just something to my predilections but may not be towards yours.)
For all of you that had their child hood in the 90's, what Disney movies did you like? To be quite frank the ONLY good Disney movie is one from the 90's going back. Shit today is just not as good at all. They really hit the top when they got in the 90's. I mean don't get me wrong. A lot of movies they came out with never really were AS good as the ones back then but that doesn't mean they sucked. I do still like a lot of what Pixar and Disney put out. Well, the animated ones anyway.
I just now got into watching those classics of my child hood once again. A Goofy movie, The lion king, Oliver and Company, and many, many more. They are all treasures in my eyes.
One interesting thing I found while viewing these over again is that as a child we never REALLY saw them. Yes we understood the basic plot and twists, but we never really comprehended all the finer points of the movie. It's like reading Shakespeare at the age of 5. Sure you get whats going on, but do you ever really understand it?
The allusions, the deeper meaning, actually understanding the story line better, and getting a deeper perspective of the character are all things that I found whilst viewing these. Well I can say from experience that re-watching these with a farther developed mind is very rewarding and a very much edifying experience.

As for what my favorite movie is(best at top to bottom):
The Lion King
A Goofy Movie
The little mermaid- Stop laughing....
Pocahontas- Stfu...
And
Oliver & Company
(If you don't like Disney movies well then there is no reason to post here. I mean, I, nor do I think anyone else, really gives a flying fuck of what your opinion of Child's channel is. And at this I would also like to point out that I hate the Channel but their movies just fucking rock. The animated ones that is.)

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 00:41:42

Hunch Back Of Notre Dame

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 00:42:31

you sir, can bite my shiny metal ass.

Your dribble and insults are meaningless...I am here to change that.

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 00:42:41

Beauty and the Beast

Only animated film to be up for Best Picture I believe

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 00:43:36

oh, and simba was a little bitch, everyone knows that.

Your dribble and insults are meaningless...I am here to change that.

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 00:46:11

At 1/27/10 12:43 AM, JamesTKirkV2 wrote: oh, and simba was a little bitch, everyone knows that.

Yeah, the one thing about the movie really. He fucking got pushed around by every one. Including Nala. But that's what you get for being primarily fed fucking Insects your whole life.
Mufasa would hang his head in shame.

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 00:46:35

I don't know why you're embarassed about liking The Little Mermaid. I think the songs from that one were the best choice in any Disney film (yes even over The Lion King), and still damn good story.

The all round greatest Disney film has to be The Lion King. It has EVERYTHING. Amazing storyline, compelling characters, fantastic musical score, laughs, crys. It's brilliant. It should be top or near top of anyones list for fav Disney films. I don't care if they stole the idea from Kimba The White Lion. Disney did well.

Personally though Beauty And The Beast will always be my favourite. Maybe something to do with the fact that it was the first film I ever saw in the cinema, not that I can remember much of it back then (I remember more me missing the start as I needed a pee). It's just a great love story. I love watching it so much.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 00:50:04

My favorite of all time is The Lion King. Next is Aladdin, Pirates of the Caribbean (not exactly old), and yeah it goes on. I love Disney movies

Who's your warden, baby?

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 00:50:13

Personally though Beauty And The Beast will always be my favourite. Maybe something to do with the fact that it was the first film I ever saw in the cinema, not that I can remember much of it back then (I remember more me missing the start as I needed a pee). It's just a great love story. I love watching it so much.

I think it stems greatly from the kind of people we are in the BBS. We are the selfish, cruel loners who reject compassion from others and thrive on cynicism. Seeing a story in which the cold and jaded Beast learns to love through the kindness of a beautiful woman is something that warms my heart for sure.

Especially since it does so without patronizing or pulling any punches.

I don't know if that applies to you Gagsy, but Gaston was pretty Hawt....

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 00:57:34

At 1/27/10 12:50 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
I think it stems greatly from the kind of people we are in the BBS. We are the selfish, cruel loners who reject compassion from others and thrive on cynicism. Seeing a story in which the cold and jaded Beast learns to love through the kindness of a beautiful woman is something that warms my heart for sure.

Especially since it does so without patronizing or pulling any punches.

Interesting theory there. I think I just like it because I'm a sucker for a love story but your take is more interesting ;)

I don't know if that applies to you Gagsy, but Gaston was pretty Hawt....

Lmao. I never got hot over him to be honest, and not even the Beast when he turned all prince like. Bella was cute though wasn't she ;)

I found Gaston hilarious though, one of the best characters in the thing. Just such a horrible vain yet funny man. A good villian as any.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 01:00:34

At 1/27/10 12:47 AM, Xarnor wrote: I personally hate the old Disney movies. They're extremely boring and slow. You like them simply because you grew up with them, and you don't like the new ones because you're no longer the targeted audience. I love the new Disney movies with the excellent 3D graphics. The amazing animation makes them very entertaining in my opinion.

I can see how you got that. However, do not think it true. Like I said I love many of the newer animations. Ratioulle(?) blew me away and is one of very favorite movies. As is UP and Monster House was something I thoroughly enjoyed. Though I do feel partial to ,and some times give bias towards, the older movies it is mostly because they are great movies and not just because I grew up with them.
I'm not sure what age you are but I think your a "great, graphics and large explosions make this movie the best" type person. I however like to listen to the story and follow along.So all those "long boring" parts is what makes the movie for me. I don't mean to insult you as I may be way off base. but that is how it is to me. But thanks for posting and sharing your views.

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 02:02:12

Beauty and Beast definitely, Lion King, and Aladdin and the King of Thieves

You haven't seen me yet.

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 02:18:11

Just a few I enjoyed...

Lion King
Beauty and the Beast
Hercules
Mulan
Aladdin

|| Audio || Art ||

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 02:35:40

i don't know when they are made but i can list some of my favorite Disney movies:

Hercules
Aladin
The Lion King

aslo the newer Disney Pixar is really good movies like
Toy Story
Monster Inc.
Finding Nemo
The Incredible
Toy Story 2
Cars

and soon Toy Story 3 =D

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 02:39:31

Toy fucking Story, altho it's way more Pixar than Disney I don't care

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 02:41:45

Oliver and Company or The Lion King.

Thanks to QuikFox for the sig.

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 02:45:15

1. The Lion King
2. The Brave Little Toaster
3. The Hunchback of Notre Dame
4. Lady and the Tramp
5. Fantasia

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 02:51:29

I absolutly loved Finding Nemo as a kid, but that's about it. Most Disney movies are pretty crappy and even more cliched.

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 03:50:16

Though it wasn't animated, cool running was one of my faves, but if we're only talking about animated I'd have to say Toy Story.

Watch how I contribute NOTHING to EVERY thread I post in!

My downloadable music | My art.

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 06:32:52

-mulan
-lady and the tramp
-peter pan
-lion king
-hunchback of notre dame
-hercules
-tarzan (love the music too it aswell)
-the emporers new groove
-atlantis
-lilo and stitch
and brother bear

the reason that i love these movies so much is because they remind me of the past and they are just soo good

Chris - A.K.A me

C is for Tommo

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 06:57:26

Aladdin was awesome.

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 06:59:49

Aladdin
Tarzan

Those are my personal two favorites.

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 07:17:17

At 1/27/10 06:57 AM, HighWayStar365 wrote: Aladdin was awesome.

I also loved The Road to El Dorado, but I'm not sure if that was 90s or early 2000s :|

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 07:24:12

At 1/27/10 07:17 AM, HighWayStar365 wrote:
At 1/27/10 06:57 AM, HighWayStar365 wrote: Aladdin was awesome.
I also loved The Road to El Dorado, but I'm not sure if that was 90s or early 2000s :|

*Well.....its not a pry bar...* lol good movie

Adding to my list here are some others I enjoyed.
-Mulan
-Little mermaid
-Beauty and the beast
-Toy Story
-Finding Nemo
-Ferngully the last rainforest
-Hercules
-Caspar( i think its disney, i forget)
-Alice in wonderland
-Lion King
-Flubber

Oh so many more I cant think of at the moment.

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 07:29:52

Toy Story, Herculese, and Dick Tracy were definitely my favorites.

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 07:32:10

I'd say that the main ones are all basically the same (Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, etc).

But if I had to single any one Disney film out I'd have to go with Education for Death for obvious reasons.

Fav. 90's Disney Movies...

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 07:42:40

The Lion King...I have a feline fetish

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 07:44:49

I gotta go with Aladdin. I even was a fan of the straight to DVD sequel, "Return of Jafar." Anyone watch that shit or was I the only one?

I laugh at your sigs!

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 13:27:23

The Lion King
Hercules
Beauty And The Beast
Mulan
Oliver And Company
The Little Mermaid

I think I still have em somewhere on VHS lmao.

It'll be okay, just put on your cooooooooooool face.

BBS Signature

Response to Fav. 90's Disney Movies... 2010-01-27 13:42:09

I was always a fan of Toy story and the lion king but in the ends my shit was all about Aladdin. I watched all three films and the show. I loved that shit.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature