00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure

5,771 Views | 53 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-26 20:35:12

I am so glad that NG finally has this forum up! Well, I would love to take this oppurtunity to use it as a home base for a sarcastic point n click comedy adventure that I have been working on recently. This will be home to all data that we collect throughout the collaboration including scripts, pics, conversations, and the works! The main idea for this game is that a sarcastic teenager is forced to work at the crappiest fast food restaurant on the face of the planet... FOREVER. A homeless man demands that he make him a pine cone slushy. This is where the main gameplay starts. The player has to go around the city looking for ingredients to this pine cone slushy, running into outrageous situations along the way.

So farmy friend and Alex Hall have written about 30% of this game. We do not need anymore writers or voice actors, but we DO need...

Artists
Animators
Programmers

If you are interested in any of the positions above, please send me a PM. This game is expected to make money, so you will be payed a certain % that we all can agree upon.

Currently the collaborators are...

___DIRECTOR / WRITER / VOICE ACTOR___

FatKidWitaJetPak *Nick S*
FatFaggotWitABowlCut *Alex H*

___ANIMATION___

14hourluncbreak *?* - Minigames And Acid Trip
ebolaworld *Sam T* - Cutscenes
??? - Main Artist
??? - Background Arist And MISC Art

___PROGRAMMING___

??? - Main Programmer
??? - Possible Co Programmer

That is the main idea. If you need to know the main script, I will send it to this thread once it is complete. I think this game is going to get great results. So far we have wonderful collaborators and only need a few more. If you are interested PLEASE respond to this thread or send me a PM! :)

Alright guys, lets get this party started. Oooo I cant wait for this puppy to be completed!

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-26 20:38:17

What... no voice actor slots? You dirty punk!!!

Sounds awesome however. Best of luck with it!

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-26 20:42:25

I've been meaning to post this for a while. It's the first scene of the trippy forest part. You'll be able to pick up the sword and then precede to the castle.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/ed63 e2c01ba89a2273b9f0ec0d83ba47

BBS Signature

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-26 21:13:17

At 1/26/10 08:38 PM, ForNoReason wrote: What... no voice actor slots? You dirty punk!!!

Sounds awesome however. Best of luck with it!

Your right, we do need more voice acting slots.

OK, SO...

___VOICE ACTORS___

FatKidWitAJetPak - Intro Characters, Hobo, MISC Characters
FatFaggotWitABowlCut - Intro Judge, MISC Characters
??? - Main + Misc Characters
??? - Misc Characters

The current characters SO FAR are...

MAIN PLAYER - ???

--INTRO--

Judge - FatFaggotWitABowlCut (Major)
Store Owner - FatKidWitAJetPak
Security Guard - FatKidWitAJetPak
Tiger and Duck - FatKidWitAJetPak
Old Lady - ???
People Screaming - ???

--INSIDE MCFARGLES--

Hobo - FatKidWitAJetPak
Fat Health Inspector - ??? (Major)
Boss - ??? (Major)
Black Co-Worker - ???
White Co-Worker - ???
Raccoon - ???

--LIBRARY--
Magic Princess - ???
Guard - FatFaggotWitABowlCut
Drug Dealer - FatKidWitAJetPak
Dragon - FatKidWitaJetPak
Trolls - FatKidWitAJetPak
Gnomes - FatKidWitAJetPak
People Screaming In Murderous Pain - ???

--ARCADE--
DDR Master - ??? (Major)
Nerds - FatKidWitAJetPak, FatFaggotWitaBowlCut
Arcade Owner - ???

***More settings and positions will pop up soon. If you are interested in voice acting, you know what to do! Post here and/or send me a PM. :)***

Soon I will post the intro script and everything. Stay Tuned!

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-26 21:16:31

At 1/26/10 08:42 PM, 14hourlunchbreak wrote: I've been meaning to post this for a while. It's the first scene of the trippy forest part. You'll be able to pick up the sword and then precede to the castle.

http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/ed63 e2c01ba89a2273b9f0ec0d83ba47

NOTE: THE GAME IS REGULAR VECTOR GRAPHICS. This part is PIXELATED because the main character is on an acid trip. so that he can rampage his way into the library to retrieve an ingredient to the pinecone slushy. Before he was far to lazy and weak to fight the guard guarding the library, but after he goes on an acid trip he mistakes the guard as a dragon and himself a a magical warrior of DOOM. He thinks everyone inside the library are gnomes and trolls and such, so he proceeds in killing them all.

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-26 21:23:32

I will do whatever voice acting you need.

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-26 21:38:36

At 1/26/10 09:23 PM, ForNoReason wrote: I will do whatever voice acting you need.

Glad to have you on the team bud. ;)

I cant wait to get you to voice for characters :D

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-27 19:26:00

So farmy friend and Alex Hall have written about 30% of this game. We do not need anymore writers or voice actors, but we DO need...

This typo was bugging the hell out of me. What I meant to say is that So far my friend Alex Hall and I have written about 30% of the game... D'oh.

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-28 16:28:06

i would like to join but what is the script ? i mean wat will i animate :(

GAME JAM 7

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-28 19:24:40

At 1/28/10 04:16 PM, AIRYman50 wrote: if the projects as2 I could try some coding...

i wish there was some magic tool that could either convert AS2 to AS3 or enable a flash project to use both. :\

Most likely this project will be AS3 but I am not sure yet. :)

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-28 19:40:29

At 1/28/10 07:24 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:
At 1/28/10 04:16 PM, AIRYman50 wrote: if the projects as2 I could try some coding...
i wish there was some magic tool that could either convert AS2 to AS3 or enable a flash project to use both. :\

Good luck with this, it sounds awesome. My suggestion, like always, is to really dig deep before you accept a programmer to make sure he is capable of doing what you need.

Icandraw and AIRYman are not viable candidates.

As for myself, I might be interested in doing this. I'll have to think about it, first. Do you have anything else that will persuade me or other somewhat-interested programmers to join your cause?

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-28 21:31:56

At 1/28/10 07:40 PM, Archon68 wrote:
At 1/28/10 07:24 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote:

Good luck with this, it sounds awesome. My suggestion, like always, is to really dig deep before you accept a programmer to make sure he is capable of doing what you need.

Icandraw and AIRYman are not viable candidates.

As for myself, I might be interested in doing this. I'll have to think about it, first. Do you have anything else that will persuade me or other somewhat-interested programmers to join your cause?

Well good sir who apparently developed Windows Doors, I think you will be interested once FatFaggotWitABowlCut posts all of our script work so far. *its all on his computer*

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-29 08:38:57

I wanna join but wat will i animate :S ?

GAME JAM 7

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-29 13:24:26

At 1/28/10 09:31 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Well good sir who apparently developed Windows Doors, I think you will be interested once FatFaggotWitABowlCut posts all of our script work so far.

I'll take a look at the script and see if I'm interested... Once he posts it... *cough**cough*

*its all on his computer*

haha

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-29 22:01:50

At 1/29/10 01:24 PM, Archon68 wrote:
At 1/28/10 09:31 PM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Well good sir who apparently developed Windows Doors, I think you will be interested once FatFaggotWitABowlCut posts all of our script work so far.
I'll take a look at the script and see if I'm interested... Once he posts it... *cough**cough*

*its all on his computer*
haha

No seriously, that is not my alt account. I made that for him as a joke and he uses it now as his ng account haha.

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-31 22:46:48

i wanna join and do something animation related... :D (lol)

Put down the negative. Positivity is what is important!

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-01-31 23:13:16

Animator/Artist.

Whaddup?

moozik is fuhn ye.

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-02-01 01:10:07

Voice Actor AND Musicician. Here i come to save the day

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-02-01 03:27:33

I'd happily voice any and as many voices as you like, major or minor.

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-02-02 00:09:22

At 1/31/10 10:46 PM, FlashStorm wrote: i wanna join and do something animation related... :D (lol)

We are looking for high quality animation work man, I dont think I could fit you anywhere :(

At 1/31/10 11:13 PM, DanMasterFlash wrote: Animator/Artist.

Whaddup?

Can you draw collectable items and stuff? :o

At 2/1/10 01:10 AM, AMTRAX91 wrote: Voice Actor AND Musicician. Here i come to save the day

Your a really good voice actor, I hope no one tops you lol, it would be awesome having u on the team.

At 2/1/10 03:27 AM, Eddache wrote: I'd happily voice any and as many voices as you like, major or minor.

Awesome! You definitely are in. :)

NOTE: I have gotten like... 12 responses for this game for voice acting. I ONLY WILL CHOOSE 3 VOICE ACTORS! D: *With eddache in, that means i will choose 2 more*

At 2/1/10 03:53 PM, AIRYman50 wrote: Edd Egg? Ebola World? That just makes me want to do as2 programing more! (I recently bought an as3 book if you want me to code as3)

Well, this game is going to be pretty high quality. Do you know how to code such intense point n click / item finding game play?

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-02-02 20:43:05

At 2/2/10 06:59 PM, AIRYman50 wrote:
At 2/2/10 12:09 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: Well, this game is going to be pretty high quality. Do you know how to code such intense point n click / item finding game play?
I guess I could!

Well its gonna be AS3, and you might have some other coding competetion, but we will run you through some intense test or something soon. >:)

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-02-03 21:41:13

Hey, I was interested in working on your project with you. I can do misc art and backgrounds etc. I don't use flash but am proficient with GIMP. Also, I didn't see anything for music. I've already worked on something for awhile with another guy on here, but he hasn't quite nailed the animation. I'm more than happy to help with any music tracks and/or loops you want. I do have music on my profile, but it's mainly nylon/guitar stuff, and quite sad. I can do basically any genre. Just let me know.

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-02-05 17:35:59

We have had many requests so far! FatFag and I are writing some levels in the script tonight! :)

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-02-06 21:21:57

I guess I could do some animation stuff if you need me to.

BBS Signature

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-02-07 00:59:25

At 2/6/10 09:21 PM, turtleco wrote: I guess I could do some animation stuff if you need me to.

Well, we need some high quality MAIN animators for things like the...

Background Art
Character Art
Item Art

We already have the Animator for cutscenes, which is going to be ebolaworld. We are getting various musicians to help us. We have all the voice actors we need.

However, if you can proove that you can draw some awesome item art, then send me some images man! I know your an awesome animator, but if you could send me some item art that would be great. We need it to look realistic yet cartoony at the same time.

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-02-07 17:51:14

I'll put my voice talents forward.

I'd also offer to do the backgrounds, unfortunately I don't have enough time.

BBS Signature

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-02-08 00:07:25

I'm gonna jump on this opportunity and hopefully make my "Big Break" Haha. Could I voice act any parts? I have a somewhat deep voice and I can do a decent British accent and I can make my voice deeper if needed. If yes just PM me any lines and I can record them =)

Thanks to Punch for my sig pic =)

Fail.

BBS Signature

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-02-08 00:09:58

Sorry for double post =/ I forgot to mention I can do various accents although some better then others.

Thanks to Punch for my sig pic =)

Fail.

BBS Signature

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-02-08 00:36:17

WE could use a british accent! In fact im thinking of making the Library Security guard british..

IM WORKING ON THE ORGANIZED MCFARGLES SCRIPT! I will post it here when it is done and send it out to everyone who has posted so far! It will contain art details, character details, gameplay, plot, everything. :)

Response to Mcfargles Point N Click Adventure 2010-02-08 02:00:12

At 2/8/10 12:36 AM, FatKidWitAJetPak wrote: WE could use a british accent! In fact im thinking of making the Library Security guard british..

You do know I am British, right? :D