00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Writing Forum Lounge

187,160 Views | 2,353 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 21:58:56

At 2/28/10 09:56 PM, MaliciousAngel wrote:
At 2/28/10 09:53 PM, TheSubject666 wrote: And by huge battle he means SW versus Everyone else. She can definitely hold out on her own.
Was this an arguement or a story/poetry battle type thing. If it was an arguement what was it about, an who thought what?

Basically she raped everyone here. /discussion :P

A debate simply got a little out of hand in my opinion. But that may not be a bad thing. Eh. My fight with Ass-crumb had to be better...

Failure should push you until success can pull you.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 21:59:47

At 2/28/10 09:56 PM, MaliciousAngel wrote: Was this an arguement or a story/poetry battle type thing. If it was an arguement what was it about, an who thought what?

This wasn't a huge battle. It was a minor political debate, lol. It's on the last page.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:00:21

Then the Big Boy had to come in and tell everybody to relax the fuck out!

Hey, flash artists, want an idea? Check this out: The Scarecrew

And everyone, please check out the latest humorous spy serial, The Frank Keretta Stories

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:02:20

Damn posting times.

At 2/28/10 09:58 PM, Dubbi wrote: I was being a sexist and Sinfulwolf and to a certain extent, Insertfunnyusername got mad at me....

I wasn't mad, lol.

At 2/28/10 09:58 PM, TrevorW wrote: A debate simply got a little out of hand in my opinion. But that may not be a bad thing.

I don't think it was out of hand, not at all. It wasn't uncivil in any way, at least from my perspective.

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:02:54

I know it was sarcastic, but Wow stim, way to be condescending.

The writer must write what he has to say, not speak it. - E. Hemingway

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:03:41

At 2/28/10 10:02 PM, TheSubject666 wrote: I know it was sarcastic, but Wow stim, way to be condescending.

Hey, I laughed...

I'd rather learn from one bird how to sing

Than teach 10,000 stars how not to dance.

-- ee cummings

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:06:51

I did too, but it WAS condescending.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:09:57

I'm a rapist with words now? Guh I feel all dirty. Maybe I should put some effort into writing something now... I don't think I've gotten anything down since my last story.

Hey there's still time for the monthly challenge! Let's see what I can cook up for that.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:12:36

I for one cried over the battle.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:15:49

I shed a tear whenever members of our beloved WF see the need to jab at each other.

And everyone, please check out the latest humorous spy serial, The Frank Keretta Stories

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:16:20

I read a little bit into the arguement and stopped. I do not feel like listening to people go back and forth with opinions bashing one another on something that is just an arguement full of opinions, I don't care much for arguements based only on opinion, it makes them annoying, repetitive, and not good.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:17:06

At 2/28/10 10:15 PM, stimcrab wrote: I shed a tear whenever members of our beloved WF see the need to jab at each other.

The military argument? Those weren't jabs, they were counterarguments... You say that like people can't discuss differing opinions without it being a full blown bitchfight...

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:17:45

At 2/28/10 10:15 PM, stimcrab wrote: I shed a tear whenever members of our beloved WF see the need to jab at each other.

Tears on the forum are just silent jewels that will never see the light of day. It's the duty of each and everyone of us to mold this forum into our perfect safe-haven.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:19:26

At 2/28/10 10:02 PM, InsertFunnyUserName wrote: I don't think it was out of hand, not at all. It wasn't uncivil in any way, at least from my perspective.

Me either. As a Poli regular, it sounded rather tame to me. :D

Then again I go head-to-head with members like cellardoor6 (before he left) and Memorize on a regular basis, so my perspective might be a little skewed.

Tis better to sit in silence and be presumed a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:20:14

At 2/28/10 10:17 PM, megakill wrote:
Tears on the forum are just silent jewels that will never see the light of day. It's the duty of each and everyone of us to mold this forum into our perfect safe-haven.

Okay, how about a new rule, " bring flamewars to PMs"

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:22:32

At 2/28/10 10:20 PM, TheSubject666 wrote:
At 2/28/10 10:17 PM, megakill wrote:

It's a fair concept; if you have a probelm with someone, just pm someone, but i fear that its something that would only work in a perfect world. We can encourage it, but theres always going to be flamers.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:22:35

Agreed. There should be some rule like that. It didn't get out of control because the members of the fight did eventually simmer down, so Ifun's got me there, but it easily could have.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:26:10

At 2/28/10 10:22 PM, stimcrab wrote:
Agreed. There should be some rule like that. It didn't get out of control because the members of the fight did eventually simmer down, so Ifun's got me there, but it easily could have.

I said it as a slight joke, but I'm actually liking it better with pol taking it seriously.

That's why we need a mod. We could point it out and they could just delete it.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:27:58

At 2/28/10 10:19 PM, Ravariel wrote: Then again I go head-to-head with members like cellardoor6 (before he left) and Memorize on a regular basis, so my perspective might be a little skewed.

I don't think it's your perspective. I have these kinds of debates with friends, family and acquaintances all the time. They're not intended to be hostile. There were no personal attacks in there that I can see, so I see no reason to take it personally.

At 2/28/10 10:20 PM, TheSubject666 wrote: Okay, how about a new rule, " bring flamewars to PMs"

It wouldn't necessarily have turned into a flamewar. We would have made our points and then it would have ended on a mutual disagreement (although I'm not arguing that it should have necessarily stayed in the topic, but calling it an inevitable battle, to me, seems inordinate).

[quote]

whoa art what

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:28:08

At 2/28/10 10:26 PM, TheSubject666 wrote:
I said it as a slight joke, but I'm actually liking it better with pol taking it seriously.

That's why we need a mod. We could point it out and they could just delete it.

Personally, I'm really worried about mod intervention in this forum, because i hate to think that it could limit creativity, however, i do agree that we need someone with the power to lock and delete spam.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:28:55

Well, I just sent a carbon copy PM to a bunch of the site admins pleading the case for a mod that's been promoted from inside the WF.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:31:46

At 2/28/10 10:28 PM, stimcrab wrote: Well, I just sent a carbon copy PM to a bunch of the site admins pleading the case for a mod that's been promoted from inside the WF.

I'm going to laugh when Bob, James and crew open it and go "So he sent this to me why...*forward to trash can*"

Wade takes care of such things...I think...

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:31:58

At 2/28/10 10:28 PM, stimcrab wrote: Well, I just sent a carbon copy PM to a bunch of the site admins pleading the case for a mod that's been promoted from inside the WF.

It may take some time, because the admins will have to observe the forum to see who is the most approprioate for the job. Or they could possibly just ask one of the existing mods to visit the wrtting forum more frequently.

In either case, as long as we can stop the spam, and keep up the creativity, this forum can only move forwards.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:32:17

No, I sent it to Wade, Tom, and Luis (for some reason).

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:33:06

High five for having intiative

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:33:29

At 2/28/10 10:32 PM, stimcrab wrote: No, I sent it to Wade, Tom, and Luis (for some reason).

Luis? Gasp!

And flame wars happen...nothing much we can do. And on the plus side ours are well thought out for the most part. Really a mod on here would just be a janitor of sorts.

BBS Signature

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:38:26

Well... we do have some crap that needs to get cleaned out. There are a few spam threads that should just be removed as they are nothing but clutter in the forum.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:39:53

Though we rlly need a mod from IN here. We're kind ve like a seperate forum entirely. We don't get any large amounts of editing, and I kind of like it that way.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:41:07

At 2/28/10 10:32 PM, stimcrab wrote: No, I sent it to Wade, Tom, and Luis (for some reason).

Wade is usually the one who handles modships, and it's essentially never because of user suggestion. See all the people who have said ZeroAsALimit and Scarab should be modded only to have been promptly ignored.

Basically, if it's going to happen it will happen, if it won't it won't. I heard that mods actually usually vote for modships, but this could just be speculation, but it is very evident that Wade and the other admins have their own way of selecting who should be modded. The best thing to do would be if something like this happens just drop a line to any mods that are on any forum.

Response to Writing Forum Lounge 2010-02-28 22:51:08

Hmm, you know, when it comes down to it, all we can do for the time being is take it upon ourselves to look after the forum. There may be span threads, but its our duty to just ignore them, and not post in them so they can die.

It'll be tricky, but we're an intelligent bunch, im sure we can manage it.