00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Ng London Meet VII 2010

64,446 Views | 1,045 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 04:48:34

Cheers everyone, good to see you all, and sorry I had to duck out of Sunday's park fun, I needed to lie down in a dark room for at least 5 hours. Silly alcohol.

Tom-

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 05:05:55

Just back in Scotland after the overnight SuperMegaBus with Grant/Black-Ops. The meet was fantastic, you're all great people and I only wish I'd had time to meet every single person.

Also it would be nice if I could remember more peoples' names. Next time, name tags should be mandatory.

But I'm glad I got to shout drunkenly in an indecipherable Scottish accent to various cool people. Thanks to Luis for organizing rooms at the hotel, Tom from the Super-Flash-Brothers for leading the way through Cambden and everyone who attended for being super cool. Yay London!

I'd definitely recommend these meets to everyone and I'll certainly be going next time.

Cheers

Kieran

Bridge of Weir Meet-Up 2012, a real thing that's definitely real! You won't believe how real it is!*

*Realness not guaranteed.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 05:16:16

Guys I REALLY want to go next year and live in the Midwest of Amairikuh.

How much is a usual plane ticket to and back, a place to stay, food, etc?

I hope to see you next year but I need to know a price range.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 05:52:41

At 8/8/10 05:25 PM, Coop83 wrote:
At 8/8/10 04:03 PM, Lost-Chances wrote:
At 8/8/10 04:02 PM, Bahamut wrote:
At 8/8/10 03:46 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: oh, and as me and Coop found out, hat shops don't stay open until about 9pm
Hey, I was going to look at those hats as well.
Oh yeah! Damn, sorry. I just remember me and Coop because we talked about hats for like ten or twenty minutes and then we went.
I might be convincing Bex to go home via Camden Town tomorrow, thus getting the opportunity to spend the last of my money on some sort of head wear. Pics to follow, should this happen :D

So everyone wants a hat now, I wonder why? Actually if all you guys do get hats we could be the hat gang and we could go around ruining society one hat stand at a time. As hat stands are clearly a plot by the government to make us buy more hats. Lets all boycott hats.....Aaaaaaaaanyway my NG shirt arrived this morning, two days after the meet, oh well at least i can be a walking billboard now, it feels good to be advertising.

Ng London Meet VII 2010

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 08:36:04

Here's my roundup of the meet.
http://wonchop.newgrounds.com/news/post/

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 09:04:10

I have two hours to burn until my plane leaves so i figured id pop in and give a short synopsis.

These London meets really are one those things that you should get around to attending atleast once in your life. Its hard to really describe it to people and probably even harder to grasp it even from photos.

Glad everyone had a good time, glad i got to meet new people, glad i got to reconnect with old ones and overall just glad people came out in support of the site and community at large.

Some of my own personal highlights:
Day 1 - Drinking the mini barrell of booze at Barrio North with TheWeebl
Day 2 - Singing w/ Gagsy and TimFrommeyer, meeting Bahamut, kissing citricsquid, etc
Day 3 - Arriving to the meet on time, losing a rib while on those dodge ems with liljim, mustache hour with Eddsworld, Camden pub where we drank everytime pac-man got a power ball.
Day 4 - laying in the park and doing nothing for once
Day now - nothing. i hate flying back home im always extremely exhausted and uninterested in the extra hassle of travel.

Thanks again to everyone. These things get better every year.

Ng London Meet VII 2010

None

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 09:05:26

wait the weebl did attend? fuck me..

cherry garcia: its like having an angel cum in your mouth

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 09:07:08

I am sending a PM to Luis now with all the photos.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 09:15:30

At 8/9/10 09:04 AM, Luis wrote: These London meets really are one those things that you should get around to attending atleast once in your life. Its hard to really describe it to people and probably even harder to grasp it even from photos.

This may have been my very first meet but I have to strongly agree with this. I knew I had to attend one of these meets sooner or later and really wanted to go to this one. I'm glad everything worked out for me to get there.

Some of my own personal highlights:
Day 2 - Singing w/ Gagsy and TimFrommeyer, meeting Bahamut, kissing citricsquid, etc

Haha, I'm a highlight for your second day? I really am honoured.

Hopefully you've got more to write about the meet and if so, I really look forward to reading your experiences.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 09:55:04

At 8/9/10 09:05 AM, therealanimator wrote: wait the weebl did attend? fuck me..

Apparently just for that one day. Maybe it was the first thing he read and he assumed that was the only day?

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 09:56:47

At 8/9/10 09:55 AM, Wonchop wrote:
Apparently just for that one day. Maybe it was the first thing he read and he assumed that was the only day?

i heard someone said he was arriving on monday..ah well

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 09:57:10

At 8/9/10 09:55 AM, Wonchop wrote:

Nah, he mentioned he had errands to run and spend some time with wife and baby. That he would show up on the other days if he could.

None

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 09:58:52

Im going to post some of the pics from the meet on my userpage everyone check em out if you get the chance..

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 10:02:43

I just slept for 22 hours straight...

I was still drunk yesterday when I got picked up, really needed that sleep..

Sorry I didn't get to say bye to 80% of you but I needed to get back.

Also thanks a ton for a great weekend everyone and looking forward to the next one.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 11:12:33

Apologies (in order) for:

- not making it to the bar on Friday night. I'd forgotten the name of the place and had tried calling Luis (but the reception on his phone was poor the whole time and it kept ringing through). By the time I'd had a few drinks with friends and a meal, it would have been around 10pm before I could have gotten there anyway and Friday night I was staying in South London.

- turning up late on Saturday.

- not getting to talk to many people.

- not being very talkative with the people I did get to talk to.

- leaving early on Saturday. I was staying in the West of London that night, which was in completely the opposite direction to where you guys ended up. I had to leave early-ish the next morning for a Christening, so I figured by the time I'd gotten to Camden, had a meal and a few more beers, then got back to my digs, it'd be a late night, so I cut my losses.

I'd not been feeling well all day, and getting on those dodgems and driving Luis and I around like a fool with a few beers sloshing around in my belly probably didn't help matters.

Anyway, it was good to see those of you I already knew and meeting new faces. Glad to hear everyone enjoyed themselves.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 19:11:47

So, when's the next London meet gonna be then, Luis? Will we have to wait til next year or could there be another Autumn Fling in the pipeline.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 19:14:05

Autumn would be great, I realise it costs alot and takes alot of effort to organise though..

I like it.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 20:20:04

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 20:38:43

If there's going to be a meet up in Autumn, that might be a problem for me. My job next month is very strict on holidays considering I'm working for a school and the only time I can be off work is during the school holidays. It's bad enough when I need three days off work in the first month for the two concerts I'm meant to see. If something does happen in Autumn, I'll just have to stick with the Saturday only. Better than nothing.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-09 21:25:38

Thats it for London this year. Its an expensive outting to put together, there is alot of thought and care that goes into it in the background. I have to come up with the date of the next london meet fairly soon so that it can go into the 2011 NG Calendar. I think that it'll probably be the weekend of August 6th 2011.

I may be back in london in January for my birthday party, not really a London meet, but probably similar but without the London Eye part. Too early to tell, but London in January is a ton more economical.

None

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-10 15:36:53

At 8/9/10 09:25 PM, Luis wrote: I may be back in london in January for my birthday party, not really a London meet, but probably similar but without the London Eye part. Too early to tell, but London in January is a ton more economical.

We might pop down for the day, if we've got the money for it - thanks for all the arranging that you've done this time and if we're not there in january, we'll see you in 2011!

Will it ever end. Yes, all human endeavour is pointless ~ Bill Bailey

News

#StoryShift Author

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-10 19:31:53

London was mindblowing for me, this was my first ever visit to the city and I wouldn't hesitate to go next year. Despite only being a few days in length it was a much needed break, I got to catch up with many of the living legends from Matlock and Glasgow again who are always good company, and had the pleasure to meet many more great people:

Damien, Oliver, Lost-Chances, Paranoia, SomaGuye, funkycaveman, ChazzGoth, Wonchop, Gagsy, Bahamut, Coop83, TheWeebl, HappyHarry, GustTheASGuy, slimbean, Tom (of Super Flash Bros fame, I owe you many drinks btw), Toxicsnafu, and Josh <3

Thank you all for what was, for me, a truly epic event.

BOBBAQ AND IRISHGUN FOR NG LONDON MEET 2011

///THREE///TWO///ONE///ZERO///

The Chemical Brothers Vs. The Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Dust We Trust

Sig of win courtesy of InsertFunnyUserName.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-11 06:09:12

Anyone got thephoto of the group shot yet?

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-11 06:19:50

At 8/11/10 06:09 AM, eddsworld wrote: Anyone got thephoto of the group shot yet?

I've sent it to Luis, he can do what he wants with it, I don't want to post it and ruin the suspense.

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-11 08:57:34

At 8/11/10 06:19 AM, funkycaveman wrote:
At 8/11/10 06:09 AM, eddsworld wrote: Anyone got thephoto of the group shot yet?
I've sent it to Luis, he can do what he wants with it, I don't want to post it and ruin the suspense.

I'll put it up soon. I am gonna see if i can tag it with peoples usernames, well the majority anyway. I might need some help.

None

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-11 09:03:12

At 8/9/10 09:25 PM, Luis wrote: I may be back in london in January for my birthday party, not really a London meet, but probably similar but without the London Eye part. Too early to tell, but London in January is a ton more economical.

If a few people are gathering in January then I might head over; it's not far for me and I'll actually have some money then.

Depends how many people are going, though. I don't wanna crash your birthday party.

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-11 09:36:29

oh, i might actually make it to london in january, depending on how my fall turns out mainly on the economical front... but at least i probably won't have alot of exams and shit. maybe one, but that should be np...

Wakka wakka

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-11 15:29:53

i smell another meet but i dunno..

BBS Signature

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-11 15:37:20

lets just continue talking about this past summer one. I dont even want to think of hosting another one right now -_____- *

None

Response to Ng London Meet VII 2010 2010-08-11 15:40:55

does anyone think i look like tom fulp? everyone at the meet said i do but..well see for yourself

Ng London Meet VII 2010

BBS Signature