00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Arma's Sketchbook

10,486 Views | 101 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-15 20:20:07

Hey, been around the forums for a bit and lurked around Newgrounds for some time now and decided to make a sketchbook thread. I draw all sorts of things, humans creatures, dragons, monsters, cute things.. Of course, any input is welcome such as suggestions or cirts.

Starting off with some Doom 2 fanart. Been a huge fan since I was a kid. The ArchVile and Cyber Demon have always been my faves. Though decided to take my on spin on the Cyber Demon, combining elements from Doom 2 and Doom 3.

Arma's Sketchbook

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-15 21:26:12

And while I'm at it, here, have some dragon things.

Arma's Sketchbook

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-15 21:27:29

These are very well done, I would like to see finished products and all of your other variety. (:

Check out my Art.

BBS Signature

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-15 21:48:00

At 1/15/10 09:27 PM, dreamzmighty wrote: These are very well done, I would like to see finished products and all of your other variety. (:

Thanks! I have a few finished things in my NG art portal, still deciding what I want to upload there since I don't want to unload my entire backlog. Here, have some people sketches. Stuff of some of my characters for a comic and a random 40K character... yep...

Arma's Sketchbook

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-15 22:00:59

At 1/15/10 09:53 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: That's a Bad ass looking Cyber Demon though I've never seen what've they looked like in Doom 3 ,I never went that far though it. What made you choose to mix the two from 2 and 3?

Well I liked the extra that was done with the Doom 3 Cyber Demon but he just never looked demonic enough to me, seemed too 'crafted' if that makes any sense. I also liked the metal cover over the head, a lack of eyes can give a look of soullessness. I liked that the classic Cyber Demon looked a bit more mishmashed, with only one metal arm and one metal leg and an exposed gut. So I kinda want to meld the two elements to have something that looked more sinister. I may do a full image later.

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-15 22:30:58

A set of gesture sketches I did, trying to practice my anatomy as well as work on more dynamic poses. Used the 30 second drawing tool in posemaniacs.com for some of them when I was running out of ideas.

Arma's Sketchbook

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-16 06:43:14

Nice stuff on here, good to see you have some own style thingies, but you dont seem to be depending on them too much.
Id like to see a more polished work from you

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-16 06:51:39

At 1/16/10 06:43 AM, J-qb wrote: Nice stuff on here, good to see you have some own style thingies, but you dont seem to be depending on them too much.
Id like to see a more polished work from you

Thanks! I've got some finished stuff in my art portal ATM though I will be posting more later on.

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-16 18:37:45

Some more sketches, this is mostly creature concept work, stuff for different projects I'm working on.

Arma's Sketchbook

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-16 18:41:52

Some more sketches of random things and my character.

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-16 18:47:33

So to break up the monotony, here's something with color. This was a speedpaint I did of a little creature of mine, sort of a Snowy Egret, Phoenix, Archaeopteryx mix. I think this took maybe about an hour or two, possibly less, was done during a livestream session.

Arma's Sketchbook

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-16 18:56:39

At 1/16/10 06:47 PM, Armaina wrote: So to break up the monotony, here's something with color.

Yay colour. This looks great, even for a quick, unfinished piece :D

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-16 19:26:31

At 1/16/10 06:56 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Yay colour. This looks great, even for a quick, unfinished piece :D

Thanks! I really like that one, one of my favorite critters too. Here's another speedpaint, I was mostly tooling around with colors but I like the overall result, this one is actually a few years old though.

Arma's Sketchbook

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-16 19:29:47

great concept work and great stuff, keep em coming

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-17 08:24:53

Something a little different. This was a rough concept of a location I needed to work out. I'm trying to practice my work in landscapes since I've never been very good at them, still have a lot to practice. There are supposed to be caves in the cliffside.

Arma's Sketchbook

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-17 11:19:11

At 1/17/10 08:24 AM, Armaina wrote: Something a little different. This was a rough concept of a location I needed to work out. I'm trying to practice my work in landscapes since I've never been very good at them, still have a lot to practice. There are supposed to be caves in the cliffside.

Yea it doesn't look as awesome as your character/creature drawings it's still really good though. It's still a good start though and you've chose quite a difficult location to draw. The caves look like rocks because the shadows get darker too suddenly and it should be much more progressive and grandient like, they should also probably be darker or the cliff face around them lighter.

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-17 14:37:28

I think they are very good but I think you should make more finished pics than sketches but I guess this IS a sketchbook qnd I think you should put some color into them because nobody wants a lot of black qnd white in pictures.

Need a Review? Go to Review Request Club

Also please look at my art!

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-17 21:50:49

At 1/17/10 02:37 PM, Joshsouza wrote: I think they are very good but I think you should make more finished pics than sketches but I guess this IS a sketchbook qnd I think you should put some color into them because nobody wants a lot of black qnd white in pictures.

Well I've been uploading my completed work to the art portal on my profile, it seemed silly to post them both here and on my profile.. Unless it wouldn't be that silly? And.. I like black and white pictures D:
http://armaina.newgrounds.com/art

Other random sketch, was a request of sorts during a livestream session.

Arma's Sketchbook

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-17 22:09:03

At 1/16/10 07:26 PM, Armaina wrote:
At 1/16/10 06:56 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Yay colour. This looks great, even for a quick, unfinished piece :D
Thanks! I really like that one, one of my favorite critters too. Here's another speedpaint, I was mostly tooling around with colors but I like the overall result, this one is actually a few years old though.

I like this one, it looks very elegant.
I love your style of drawing, I don't know how to explain why, I just really enjoy looking at it.
Keep up the awesome work!

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-17 22:11:36

Your stuff looks good. Would be interesting to see some of them coloured and finished too.

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-17 22:16:31

I guess since some people want some finished things I'll post this. I finished this really recently and I'm still rather proud of it. This same exact image is in my art portal, but bigger! I have other things in my art portal as well.

Arma's Sketchbook

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-17 23:00:59

At 1/17/10 10:16 PM, Armaina wrote: I guess since some people want some finished things I'll post this. I finished this really recently and I'm still rather proud of it. This same exact image is in my art portal, but bigger! I have other things in my art portal as well.

That one is really good the only thing that lets it down is the stone floor doesn't seem to be done as well as everything else.

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-17 23:08:52

At 1/17/10 11:00 PM, CloudEater wrote: That one is really good the only thing that lets it down is the stone floor doesn't seem to be done as well as everything else.

No, it really isn't, I got lazy by that point.. which I really should put as much effort into it as my other things but I kinda wanted it to be done >_> bad, I know.

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-18 00:42:29

At 1/17/10 09:50 PM, Armaina wrote: during a livestream session.

Gasp! :D

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-21 01:30:22

At 1/18/10 12:42 AM, M-Vero wrote:
At 1/17/10 09:50 PM, Armaina wrote: during a livestream session.
Gasp! :D

Would you livestream for me :D

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-21 02:18:02

At 1/17/10 10:16 PM, Armaina wrote: I guess since some people want some finished things I'll post this. I finished this really recently and I'm still rather proud of it. This same exact image is in my art portal, but bigger! I have other things in my art portal as well.

Your art is very creative and good, although i just have to say the character in this one looks a little, small, don't you think? Needs to be taller in my opinion.

Fear Me! "You are a government organization designed to monitor the NG BBS. you hide behind your smiles but there is something very sinister about you, oh yes." - DragonFyre9

BBS Signature

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-21 04:25:37

At 1/21/10 02:18 AM, HazeStigma wrote:
Your art is very creative and good, although i just have to say the character in this one looks a little, small, don't you think? Needs to be taller in my opinion.

oh my, some how I didn't notice that. She does seem quite short, she needs to be quite alot taller.

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-29 11:44:56

At 1/21/10 02:18 AM, HazeStigma wrote: Your art is very creative and good, although i just have to say the character in this one looks a little, small, don't you think? Needs to be taller in my opinion.

Yeah I was trying to do a shot from a more elevated angle, it was rather difficult to pull off. Ah well, learn and try again. some more color. This is more simplistic, was for a general reference sheet but I like the overall look of it. I just call him sunset bird.. kinda inspired by melding a Snowy Egret, Phoenix and Archaeopteryx.

Arma's Sketchbook

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-29 12:39:43

Been experimenting with more simplistic styles. Lately I've really been enjoying these things, I call them tiny style. Just very simplistic critters with minimal details.

Arma's Sketchbook

Response to Arma's Sketchbook 2010-01-29 13:52:50

At 1/29/10 12:39 PM, Armaina wrote: Been experimenting with more simplistic styles. Lately I've really been enjoying these things, I call them tiny style. Just very simplistic critters with minimal details.

bit chibi like arent they?
They look awesome, although im not really a fan of the whole cute `n cuddly thing....

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature