00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

10,226 Views | 82 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 17:42:39

At 1/11/10 01:18 PM, Master117chief wrote: lol it sounds like im one of these suicidal idiots.
But no.

I think you need to see a therapist, sir...

"A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE, LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL, MY ANGER "

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 17:43:28

I felt that way, but then I realized america needs me, so I was okay.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 17:43:45

It almost made me commit suicide since it sucked so badly.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 17:43:50

Killing yourself over a mediocre blockbuster movie? That's fucking crazy. It's not like they had any good reasons to jump, or let go of the rope, or slit their throat, or whatever before, but I mean come on! Fucking pathetic, seriously, they had a thread on this? Post-Avatar depression? Bullshit.

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 17:44:15

Anyone who committed suicide because of this is just doing the world a favor.

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 17:44:43

At 1/11/10 03:50 PM, oddworth wrote: This amused me greatly.

Ha you think that's funny. The guy on the most front of the pic has a avenue Q shirt on lulz.

but yes that too is funny

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 17:45:16

At 1/11/10 05:44 PM, Chdonga wrote: Anyone who committed suicide because of this is just doing the world a favor.

Removing stupidity and causing free comedy?

"A BLIND, DEAF, COMATOSE, LOBOTOMY PATIENT COULD FEEL, MY ANGER "

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 17:50:23

The hate against this movie is ridiculous. As is committing suicide over it.

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 17:56:15

At 1/11/10 05:45 PM, Akkere wrote:
At 1/11/10 05:44 PM, Chdonga wrote: Anyone who committed suicide because of this is just doing the world a favor.
Removing stupidity and causing free comedy?

Yes; removing stupidity from our species is doing the world a favor. Ever heard of the Darwin Awards? They celebrate people who die of their own extremely stupid decisions, thus reducing the number of stupid people available to reproduce. Frankly, if you think a made up planet with giant blue people running all over it is more important to the real world than your own life...you've made yourself correct.

The simple fact is that some people will never be happy, no matter how good their lives are.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 18:35:15

It's better withought them.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 22:09:54

I found Avatar to be very offensive to my imagination. No symbolism, no metaphor, little substance. For almost 3 hours, no room to wonder, and all of your questions will be answered. It was predictable, and a lot of the characters were flat, one dimensional. It's a movie for children. Good stories for adults use story mechanisms that engage the brain. Avatar was boring.

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 22:19:10

Killing yourself won't make you go to Pandora. BECAUSE MOUNTAINS CAN'T FUCKING FLOAT

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 22:23:14

I fucking lol'd when I saw this today at school. What retarded people they must be.

+1 Post plx [Dr. Pepper Crew] [Mushroom Dick]

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 22:26:47

That fat guy is eating an entire pizza by himself. This is sadder than any movie imaginable.

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 22:27:33

At 1/11/10 03:40 PM, kamelona wrote: Watching Titanic made me want to swim around in freezing water and blow a whistle

That was a rape whistle by the way, the more you know

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 22:38:39

Related.

Everyone loves the part about hot barely-clothed women running around and communing with nature. Nobody really thinks about the bit where you and your family get gored to death by hungry razor beasts.

Dead.

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 22:41:37

At 1/11/10 03:50 PM, oddworth wrote: This amused me greatly.

This thread is now about that pizza guy.

wut

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 22:46:40

The ones whom committed suicide = Twilight fans. Agree? Disagree?

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 22:48:10

At 1/11/10 10:09 PM, JeremyLokken wrote: I found Avatar to be very offensive to my imagination. No symbolism, no metaphor, little substance. For almost 3 hours, no room to wonder, and all of your questions will be answered.

Awesome. You're one of those guys who doesn't like, or at least care, if things are explained. (Spoilers ahead.) I do think there is symbolism, like how the Na'vi are like natives and they're being overrun by humans with technological advances. There's also probably an environmental metaphor with the danger of destroying the big trees. I don't know if there are any others, but I did notice those.

I suppose you can wonder about how life was on that planet before the humans arrived and why those two bad guys, who run the operation, are the way they are, and don't care about the Na'vi and their trees of energy. I don't know if Cameron intended those things to be ambiguous, but in a way, they are.

It was predictable, and a lot of the characters were flat, one dimensional.

I do agree with that, more or less. Still, I think the acting and script are well-done. The marine is one character to care about. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the first two Alien films, for instance, have little to no character development?

It's a movie for children. Good stories for adults use story mechanisms that engage the brain. Avatar was boring.

That probably depends on your level of intelligence. I love films that leave things open, but even straightforward films can be enjoyable. Films that have a good mixture of both are the best, like The Dark Knight. I did like Avatar, but it's no masterpiece.

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 22:48:45

Suicidel thoughts? Dr. Phil is going to get his lisence back now. Fucking Emo's.

The one only nutty fucker.

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 22:51:51

I just laughed my ass off. Really?

Does anybody even read these?

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 23:03:49

At 1/11/10 10:09 PM, JeremyLokken wrote: I found Avatar to be very offensive to my imagination. No symbolism, no metaphor, little substance.

Considering the entire thing was a ham-fisted metaphor for Earth-based conservationism, that statement makes little sense.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 23:06:46

I'm sorry, but I can't help not noticing that fatass eating an entire pizza in that picture.

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 23:07:24

Haha. That's genius. Honestly, who can enjoy the movie that much? I saw it and enjoyed it, and the scenery looked nice (especially with the 3D glasses), but to be depressed and have suicidal thoughts after seeing that is just madness.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 23:13:18

Did you know that the only way mountains would float is by electromagnetic repulsion, and a magnetic field strong enough to hold up all those rocks would rip the hemoglobin right out of your blood?

I wonder what that would look like?

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 23:19:15

At 1/11/10 11:13 PM, 142201 wrote: Did you know that the only way mountains would float is by electromagnetic repulsion, and a magnetic field strong enough to hold up all those rocks would rip the hemoglobin right out of your blood?

I wonder what that would look like?

Ouch. It would probably look like Arnold Schwarzenegger in Total Recall when he smashes his visor in open space and his head explodes.

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 23:34:57

Haha, this left me speechless for a couple minutes. I don't even know how The Onion could spoof this... It's funny enough on its own.

If I offer to help you in a post, PM me to get it. I often forget to revisit threads.

Want 180+ free PSP games? Try these links! - Flash - Homebrew (OFW)

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 23:37:58

At 1/11/10 02:26 PM, shabbo wrote: Avatar?
Do you mean space Pocahontas?

its space dances with wolves.

only fucking epic

in your bbs, killin your threads

the more you hate it, the stronger it gets

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 23:47:04

There is no ice cream, video games or Batman movies on Pandora.

Id rather stay here.

Sig made by azteca89

BBS Signature

Response to Avatar - It Causes Suicides 2010-01-11 23:49:04

People fail to realize shit like that actually exists, they just need to stop being lazy and actually go experience it

Right behind you