00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

planet of the apes SUCKS?

831 Views | 7 Replies

planet of the apes SUCKS? 2001-08-07 13:44:06

I hered that planet of the apes sucked...the new one...I have never seen it so I wouldent know.

Response to planet of the apes SUCKS? 2001-08-07 13:49:56

At 8/7/01 01:44 PM, itsamario wrote: I hered that planet of the apes sucked...the new one...I have never seen it so I wouldent know.

I heard its worse than vertical limit! That sux!

Response to planet of the apes SUCKS? 2001-08-07 13:53:47

Jurassic Park 3 sucks! Tomb Raider sucks! This summer sucked!

Response to planet of the apes SUCKS? 2001-08-07 14:04:08

It probably does suck!! Most of these summer movies sucked this year!

Response to planet of the apes SUCKS? 2001-08-07 14:21:53

At 8/7/01 01:44 PM, itsamario wrote: I hered that planet of the apes sucked...the new one...I have never seen it so I wouldent know.

Fuck no! It kicked ass! Some parts were better than others, but overall it was pretty cool...

Response to planet of the apes SUCKS? 2001-08-07 16:28:09

NNOO it WONT suck. It CANT suck . TIM BURTON is the DIRECTOR. HES THE BEST! hes so evil and twisted . HE ROCKS!
he made batman look dark and evilish in some strange way . i wanna see planets of the apes so BAD.
two thumbs up for Tim Burton

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature

Response to planet of the apes SUCKS? 2001-08-07 16:39:08

At 8/7/01 04:28 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote: NNOO it WONT suck. It CANT suck . TIM BURTON is the DIRECTOR. HES THE BEST!

Burton is the man, one of my favorite directors, but I still think that the movie sucked rather royally. Ok, it wasn't that bad, but I was really looking forward to something special. There are 2 reasons that I can think of for this:

1: Burton is better in smaller things where (I think) he has more creative control. Edward Scisorhands and Nightmare Before Christmas being examples. I don't think he does as well in the more big budget action type things.
2: I'm going to guess that a lot of what's wrong with the movie is not Burton's fault. I didn't see the screenwriter credits, but I don't think Burton wrote it. Correct me if I'm wrong though...In my opinion, the writing sucked shit. Whose idea was it to have the little "I'm gonna fight because I'm brave" kid. Arg, that pissed me off heartily. Too cliched and all. Just didn't work for me.

I do think that Burton did do a good job with the script that he was given. The environments and costumes, as my cousin put it, were "ill as shit". I dunno. I really didn't lose any respect for Burton, but I don't think that this was necessarily the best movie for him to do....

Response to planet of the apes SUCKS? 2001-08-07 16:46:47

At 8/7/01 04:39 PM, SilverHammer wrote:
At 8/7/01 04:28 PM, ShitOnAStick wrote: NNOO it WONT suck. It CANT suck . TIM BURTON is the DIRECTOR. HES THE BEST!
Burton is the man, one of my favorite directors

mine too.

2: I'm going to guess that a lot of what's wrong with the movie is not Burton's fault. I didn't see the screenwriter credits, but I don't think Burton wrote it.

when i see it , i'll check it out.

RoseSOAS: you should know i dont think this far ahead

Me made simple: well you already thought as far as holding a chicken while in your underwear

BBS Signature