00:00
00:00
Upgrade Your Account!

Hey! To start this decade right, we believe Newgrounds should be ad-free for EVERYONE. For this to work, we need people who have the means to become paying supporters. For just $3 per month or $25 for the year, you can help this happen and get some nice perks!

For the month of April we have disabled ads on all E-M content. We need 61 people to reach our goal of 3,000 active supporters. If we hit that, we'll continue with a new goal in May!

Please check out our Supporter Upgrade and consider coming aboard!

Newgrounds Android App

43,183 Views | 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2018-12-08 12:11:56

At 12/6/18 02:25 PM, WalterLuigi wrote: Holy Necrobumps Batman

Holy Necrobumps Jason*

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-01-19 09:41:40

At 4/5/18 10:24 PM, djnet wrote:
At 4/3/18 12:37 PM, Aprime wrote: Yep, 100% free. You want new users.

Also, can I be a beta tester
This is from 2009 my dudes...the project fell through due to the lack of flash support on OG android devices

Yeah but those guys didn't even give it that much thought and just said no

Now there actually more people who want the app. So dude is it possible if you could start the project up again I also personally would love a new grounds app and you could always? I people to spread the news about the app and get people to download to get the app attention. It's a new year now so who knows what might happen maybe the website will suddenly get more popular causing people to want an app for the website and be disappointed to find there isn't one this could be a big opportunity to get the app started now so if there are any newcomers to the website they can also download the app.

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-01-20 03:04:14

At 12/23/09 03:04 PM, djnet wrote: I'm Currently working on a Newgrounds andoid app and i want to get some input on how you the people of newgrounds would like the app to function, maybe simplified userpages, access to various animations ETC, maybe the ability to log in and vote.

So i ask, what does the NG community think, and should it be free when i am finished...I say yes, with maybe a donate button on it eh?

I think you were ahead of your time. Cause I for one would love a NG app. Not the biggest fan of the website. But I honestly just want to get daily dose of my feed and then explore if need.

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-01-20 03:58:16

Ok I have a question. You said you were working on an app. Did you mean you were thinking about working on an app or you are actually working on one? If so how much progress have you made... and what caused you to start asking for input now?

We need to know how developed the project is. Most feedback from us will probably require a large refactoring of your project. Why would you wait till now?

This is very weird.

= + ^ e * i pi 1 0

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-01-20 03:59:22

Oh this is a super old necro. Nevermind.

= + ^ e * i pi 1 0

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-01-25 12:25:32

At 8/20/18 08:01 PM, Lambtaco wrote: Does Newgrounds even need forums any more? I think the same functionality could be fulfilled by one or more discord servers.

One should be careful when putting their eggs in other people's baskets.

Also, anyone remember when Tapatalk was a thing? Seemed like just a few months ago that damn near every forum would open popups saying "This forum is powered by Tapatalk! Press OK to install Tapatalk on your phone"...

Slint approves of me! | "This is Newgrounds.com, not Disney.com" - WadeFulp

"Sit look rub panda" - Alan Davies

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-01-25 18:57:57

Well they are slowly making the site mobile friendly, so I guess this counts right?

Tempus Edax Rerum

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-04-06 11:36:04

At 1/25/19 06:57 PM, Gimel wrote: Well they are slowly making the site mobile friendly, so I guess this counts right?

nope. they being "working" on it for 10 years

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-05-24 18:07:16

Have an icon for login, instead of a word for easier access to it. One for sign up too! Put notifications, emails, and the upload button as they are on the site. Search bar should be like YouTube on mobile. Have it refocus ONLY onto the search bar and top results. Instead of "NEWGROUNDS" to go to the homepage, maybe just that guy in a tank as an icon. The sections could be represented by little colored tabs with icons that expand to show the section name when accessed. Red: Movies. Blue: Games... yeah just like the site's section colors.

~M10 do Newgrounds~

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-06-04 13:40:20

Well, good luck on that.

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-06-13 09:27:32 (edited 2019-06-13 09:28:35)

Now that it's already been bumped, I'm allowed to share my two cents without being slapped.

I feel that it's a good idea not to fiddle with desktop Newgrounds in order to make it "mobile friendly". I genuinely feel if NG targeted mobile, the mobile and desktop interface should be very different. I think NG's movies, art, and music would make a lot of sense on mobile. Compared to web games which may just be locked out of mobile.

Either way, I can totally see the value of a NG mobile app, even with concessions made.

Posted from a Smangsung ES9

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2019-11-17 13:39:45

At 12/23/09 03:04 PM, djnet wrote: I'm Currently working on a Newgrounds andoid app and i want to get some input on how you the people of newgrounds would like the app to function, maybe simplified userpages, access to various animations ETC, maybe the ability to log in and vote.

So i ask, what does the NG community think, and should it be free when i am finished...I say yes, with maybe a donate button on it eh?

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2020-01-31 02:07:40

At 4/1/18 11:23 PM, ElectroYT wrote: I say free app

Lol that would be cool but will there still be a donation button I'm mean there are a lot of great artists here and I would love to be able watch them grow in tho there are I have been on this site since I was a kid and I really love this website

Response to Newgrounds Android App 2020-03-22 21:07:01

Bring this back from the dead. I think it would attract new users. If not as a gaming app, perhaps as an animation platform? God knows YouTube isn't too friendly in that department