00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

BorfDoggo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

My Artwork

31,738 Views | 290 Replies

Response to My Artwork 2011-02-06 12:29:30

At 2/6/11 11:58 AM, wesmeadow wrote:
Does anyone have a problem with that sort of picture?

I don't know. I don't think any of us want to take time out of our day to hunt down the picture you are talking about.
Please post it in the forum. And if, for personal reasons, you are not very comfortable doing so, post a link.

Response to My Artwork 2011-02-07 02:57:20

I am going to past on my portal girl picture, but I have this new one to show.

My Artwork

Response to My Artwork 2011-02-16 23:38:41

It came out more like a dog than a wolf, will work on it as I have not really done any wolf pictures.

My Artwork

Response to My Artwork 2011-02-19 16:34:48

Death picture.

My Artwork

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-11 20:27:13

Mystic Wolf

My Artwork

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-17 23:43:46

Chinese monkey in bamboo forest

My Artwork

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-17 23:47:15

why all the recent filter rape man. its really harming everything more than helping....
Filters are tools to help images, not one click fix all. And massive apply like this is some of the worst things you could use them for.

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 00:23:31

At 4/17/11 11:47 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: why all the recent filter rape man. its really harming everything more than helping....
Filters are tools to help images, not one click fix all. And massive apply like this is some of the worst things you could use them for.

My artwork, my style.

I would be happy though to check out and see how you go about your own artwork.

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 00:49:58

At 4/18/11 12:23 AM, wesmeadow wrote:
At 4/17/11 11:47 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: why all the recent filter rape man. its really harming everything more than helping....
My artwork, my style.

That'd be great, if half of it was actually your art work, and not just some random pictures you found and shopped together.
Either way, I just wanted to point out that you should learn how to actually use textures so they aid and reinforce your work, rather than desperate it and destroy it.
Perhaps a couple tutorials would help

As for my work, I don't do much in the way of photo manipulation, it's just not really my thing, and have been focusing heavily on sketching for a while now.

BBS Signature

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 00:50:30

I agree with Kinsei, as stock photoshop filters are immediately obvious to anybody who's uses the program. Systematically applying a filter to every bit of the picture is what is commonly referred as "filter rape", and it is commonly interpreted as a display of novice photoshop skills...

I don't even think you can improve an image using a filter... avoid them at all costs! There are so many subtler ways to make art using photoshop!

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 00:59:17

At 4/17/11 11:43 PM, wesmeadow wrote: Chinese monkey in bamboo forest

This monkey looks like a pedophile.
Seriously, it's like some creepy guy offering candy to children so that he can take them away.

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 01:52:16

I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to agree with most of the people who posted here.
Please understand, Senor Wesmeadow, that there is a distinctive difference between "a few people leaving bad reviews because they are dicks" and "A majority of people leaving bad reviews because your work is genuinely awful".
You are sadly suffering from the second one.
We all started awful.
All of us.
I used to trace Dragonball comics and claim the deformed result of my labor as my own.
This though... this is just a path to destruction you're following here.
Some people are more blunt than others, I agree. But the fact remains nonetheless that when your work is faced with a majority of bad reviews, you have to start asking yourself some serious questions.
You don't master the basics. At all. Your characters are all slanted, like you drew them with your head tilted to the side. The anatomy, as has been mentionned time and time again by various users, is completely wonky. There is a LOT of studying to be done on your part, but I think the biggest step for you would be to learn some HUMILITY.
Your artwork is not perfect. I don't care what excuse you come up with to write off your vampire's lack of shading or whatnot, but a publisher will not accept "It no longer looks like my character if I put too much shading into it" as an excuse for being presented with a character concept that looks like it was drawn in 10 minutes by an eight-year-old child.
If you insist on being pig-headed and continue to ascertain that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the way you draw, then you are doomed to fail.
It's one thing to accept criticism. It's an entirely different thing to embrace it and learn from it.
You have either mocked, belittled or ignored every useful shred of advice given to you, and it will be your undoing. The art world will have nothing of you.
I don't say this to be mean, I'm simply being HONEST.
I'm also typing all of this while reading it in my head with a brittish accent, it makes me feel important.

BBS Signature

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 02:28:12

Agreed with the above poster, however I'll also add that you should probably stick to the pencil works that you had before, they were alot cleaner with the lines however even with those it's obvious that the shading wasn't clean the least bit, so keep working and you'll get there eventually

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 03:03:42

Lol. This is getting interesting. I won't both saying anything about your work since you'll dismiss i as me being an asshole anyway. You need to lower down your pride mate.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 06:14:35

Considering that I had catered to the critics on here, who told me to stay away from using burn and smudge on my artwork, I now come to find that people are lecturing me on my new style.

I am no longer interested in trying to make happy everyone, at the sacrifice of making myself upset.

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 06:36:52

Whats up with all the filter rape pics :S

You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You are the same decaying organic matter as everyone else.

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 06:40:09

At 4/18/11 06:14 AM, wesmeadow wrote: Considering that I had catered to the critics on here, who told me to stay away from using burn and smudge on my artwork, I now come to find that people are lecturing me on my new style.

I am no longer interested in trying to make happy everyone, at the sacrifice of making myself upset.

I'm going to be blunt and honest here, your new "style" seriously looks awful. It looks absolutely horrible, and for the past 9 pages I don't see any improvement. Using stock photos isn't a style, more like mashing random crap together. And you still never stopped using that burn tool of yours. You're never going to get any progress if you act like a self righteous prick. You're so reluctant to give critique here yet you don't take advice yourself. Seriously man. Grow up.

Let's see here, your art lacks in coloring, anatomy, background, depth, shading, realism and whole a lot more things. You're never improve unless you change your pride. You never even followed any of the advice that you have for the past 9 pages.

BBS Signature

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 07:34:20

At 4/18/11 06:40 AM, Fifty-50 wrote: Let's see here, your art lacks in coloring, anatomy, background, depth, shading, realism and whole a lot more things. You're never improve unless you change your pride. You never even followed any of the advice that you have for the past 9 pages.

You don't get it, you just don't. If you didn't want critique, you wouldn't post on a public forum. If you were expecting us to stroke your "nouveau genre" ego, I'm sorry to disappoint you, it looks aweful. It reminds me of those collages we did in grade school, only ours weren't severely compromised by overusing photoshop filter effects.
Whatever small improvement brought to your art in this thread, you've either cast away as an affront to your "unique style" of coloring, claimed that the character no longer looks like it's yours (which is incidentally whenever it begins to look decent) or simply flat-out mocked and smartassed your way around (such as the advice concerning the avoidance of certain photoshop tools...).

I don't think you actually want to learn.

I think you just came here with a half-assed comic, hoping to milk compliments, yet to realize that your art isn't up to par. It pisses you off, because somewhere in that mind of yours, you're convinced that you're brilliant. With that kind of attitude, you'll never get anywhere. Accept criticism and apply advice, rather than marginalizing it and looking down on us.

The first step to change is awareness.

BBS Signature

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 11:37:27

If you've stopped caring about what we have to say, I don't really see the point to this thread.

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 12:00:50

At 2/19/11 04:34 PM, wesmeadow wrote: Death picture.

Looks nice, reminds me of Vic Rattlehead, only without all the metal on his skull.

Who are you looking for? What are you looking at?

A light? a star. A boat? an insect. A plane? a flying fish

BBS Signature

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 15:28:49

I got a hate mail today:

Sent: 10 minutes ago
Subject: DIE NI^$er

Yawn, childish.

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 15:47:30

Lol.

My Artwork

BBS Signature

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 15:48:58

At 4/18/11 03:47 PM, Fifty-50 wrote: Lol.

oh god yes.
yes...

yes....

BBS Signature

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 16:36:02

Get a piece of paper, scan in and show us your "style" in raw form.

BBS Signature

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-18 16:46:43

I'm done here.

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-22 06:55:38

THANK GOD!

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-22 08:02:03

At 4/18/11 04:46 PM, wesmeadow wrote: I'm done here.

I think you should've made that decision a long time ago. Would've spared you lot of flames.

Boop the snoot

BBS Signature

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-22 20:21:24

What as happened here?

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-22 20:26:47

At 4/22/11 08:21 PM, KazumiRita wrote: What as happened here?

Just another day at the forum.

BBS Signature

Response to My Artwork 2011-04-22 20:50:48

At 4/22/11 08:26 PM, Fifty-50 wrote:
At 4/22/11 08:21 PM, KazumiRita wrote: What as happened here?
Just another day at the forum.

Hahahaha really? xDD It seems rather........ odd..... the art I have encountered here ^^;