00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

B0ss3 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Free Artistic Inspiration Here!

14,009 Views | 83 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2009-12-07 20:03:11

At 12/7/09 07:38 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Say why don't we also build a reference thread. I'm always hopping over to posemaniacs or something to get a good pose or google to get some referencce

I'm not sure how a thread like that would work. A better pose library might simply be Google, or a blog post.
Pose Of The Week might be good. Get some extroverted reg to post interesting photos of poses, then others can get some quick practise in.
------
Music video, sorry. Royksopp - Remind me. Day in the life of a girl, as shown through diagrams.
Really dig pics that do this, not only because they're so neat and clean-cut, but something at heart stale and soulless becomes fun and charming.

bloke reading girl's newspaper

BBS Signature

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2009-12-08 05:16:03

At 12/7/09 08:03 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
At 12/7/09 07:38 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: Say why don't we also build a reference thread. I'm always hopping over to posemaniacs or something to get a good pose or google to get some referencce
I'm not sure how a thread like that would work. A better pose library might simply be Google, or a blog post.
Pose Of The Week might be good. Get some extroverted reg to post interesting photos of poses, then others can get some quick practise in.

Could be a nice weekly competition... where everyone has to draw a figure in that position... although that might get a lot of similar submission I suppose.

------
Music video, sorry. Royksopp - Remind me. Day in the life of a girl, as shown through diagrams.
Really dig pics that do this, not only because they're so neat and clean-cut, but something at heart stale and soulless becomes fun and charming.
bloke reading girl's newspaper

Well if were going to post Royksopp video`s, Ill just leave this onehere

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2009-12-08 05:30:35

in other inspiration news. I just got Juxtapoz Illustration....

its a hardbound 190 pages of delicious illustrations from 25 different artists...

BBS Signature

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2009-12-08 20:21:59

Another chalk piece by BLU. I remember seeing this a while back and thinking how awesome it was. I'm glad I was able to stumble back across it.
If you got some spare time, check it out.

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2009-12-10 23:55:50

Ralph Bakshi.

He has a ruff and tumble style that only I can hope to achieve one day. Everything hes ever done, just exudes a painful life in the city , growing up. His work was never really technically amazing, but all his toons have these powerful emotional strokes, and his stories were full of humor and grit.

Even though I never met him I totally love this guy.

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2009-12-11 11:11:38

At 12/8/09 05:16 AM, J-qb wrote: Well if were going to post Royksopp video`s, Ill just leave this onehere

I don't get this... I had to go all the way to the røyksopps homepage just to watch it.
Youtube sez like "blah blah not avaivable in your country"
I mean COME ON! I even live in the same city as them!!

Still, i love the band ...

BBS Signature

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2009-12-16 14:03:22

Can't let a good thread go to waste - 8-bit trip

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2009-12-16 14:26:30

At 12/16/09 02:03 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Can't let a good thread go to waste - 8-bit trip

I can't imagine the time it would take to make that!

If it wasn't for the fact that it said 1500 hours in the description ...

Anyways, heres another stop-motion w/ real humans ...
Link

Kinda reminds me of the other one I posted earlier ...

BBS Signature

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2009-12-16 15:22:19

At 12/16/09 02:03 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Can't let a good thread go to waste - 8-bit trip

at least have the gut to link the original, The White Stripes`
"Fell in love with a Girl" by Michel Gondry
In fact, check out more of his stuff, like the clip to "Frozen" by madonna.

think what you think about madonna or the song, that clip rocks. especially fragment from 1:45)

or Heard em say by Kanye, or the hardest button to button by the white stripes again...

BBS Signature

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2009-12-16 15:29:22

More stop motion - this time with post-its
And for something else with post-its - this one is all in real time

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-01-08 02:32:26

Everyone here needs to watch this video, The Third & The Seventh. It's 100% CG, and everything is all done by one guy. All the animation, 3d, and music is all done by just this one incredibly talented guy. If you have the option, watch it in HD and fullscreen it. If you have a really kick ass pair of headphones or something watch the movie with those in, I feel that the musical score is really important to what makes it so beautiful.

I feel like this is one of the most beautiful and most incredible animation I've ever seen.

and I feel no shame about getting all emotional while watching, I felt it was that incredible.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-01-08 07:43:10

At 1/8/10 02:32 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Everyone here needs to watch this video, The Third & The Seventh. It's 100% CG, and everything is all done by one guy. All the animation, 3d, and music is all done by just this one incredibly talented guy. If you have the option, watch it in HD and fullscreen it. If you have a really kick ass pair of headphones or something watch the movie with those in, I feel that the musical score is really important to what makes it so beautiful.

Wow.... just wow...
I was gonna say something about how the cg and the real video are only distinguishable because you know some things cant be real...
that was before I read that it was a full CG vid...
wow.

BBS Signature

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-03-01 13:20:16

Revibe time!

and while Im at it, im deciding that I can post any Artistic Inspiration here, even if it isnt a video!

For the past few years, Ive made it my habit to every christmas buy a good, funny booklet for in the smallest room in our home. This year I bought "Little poeple in the city" by Slinkachu, a London-based street artist. He paints miniature poeple (from model train sets) and glues them to the street in the craziest situations. I love how he takes an environment that we normally dont give any attention to, and transforms it into something meaningfull and important. Even thought you know the little figures are just plastic with a tiny layer of paint, you cant help feeling sorry for them, lost and alone in the big city
Check out his site.

BBS Signature

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-03-13 14:38:19

Just saw this really awesome animation, figured it was a good excuse to bump this thread.

It's short animation about this guy who gets hit by a meteorite and is then 91 cm from his actual self. It's really cool and a great idea. Check it out.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-03-13 14:47:25

At 3/13/10 02:38 PM, Captain-Ben wrote: Just saw this really awesome animation, figured it was a good excuse to bump this thread.

That was pretty sweet Ben, nice find.

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-03-13 14:57:10

...This is indeed a disturbing universe... O_o

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-03-13 15:09:19

At 3/13/10 02:57 PM, Weenog wrote: it just keeps on going... ^^

Oh god, that's tripping me out way too hard before an exam.

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-03-15 20:27:47

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-03-16 05:14:12

At 3/15/10 08:27 PM, FullFistMaria wrote: 'How To Make A Used Thrift Store Painting MOAR AWESOME '

This is f'n amazing.

that it is. and inspiring too!
In holland we have these second-hand shops, where they probably sell stuff like that for 5,-... too bad I cant paint for the live of it... really should practice that sometime....

BBS Signature

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-03-16 05:36:16

Wow some people on NEWGROUNDS are really talented artists

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-03-16 07:22:39

I don't know if people are as influenced by music as I am. I find music like this inspiring and some times the random videos too...
Boards of Canada - Dawn Chorus
Boards of Canada - roygbiv
Boards of Canada - Everything You Do is a Balloon
Boards of Canada - Dandelion

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-03-20 22:41:26

70 Million - Hold Your Horses
Crazy art history fags will love identifying all the pieces in this one.

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-03-24 09:56:36

I've never met anybody in my life who can draw a decent picture on an etch a sketch, but apparently they do exsist:
http://www.gvetchedintime.com/gvetchedin time/gallery.php

BBS Signature

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-03-24 19:50:52

God forbid there was ever an earthquake where he lives

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-03-27 15:39:02

At 3/24/10 07:50 PM, M-Vero wrote: God forbid there was ever an earthquake where he lives

Apparently there is a way to solidify those permanently, it involves something along the lines of removing the back and dumping the contents out, supposedly that makes the pic permanent.

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-04-05 13:44:36

The most badass alphabet ever gallery:
A series of illustrations by Neill Cameron
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view /80957224/

BBS Signature

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-04-05 13:55:13

At 4/5/10 01:44 PM, The-Worsley-Bear wrote: The most badass alphabet ever gallery:
A series of illustrations by Neill Cameron
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view /80957224/

Hahahaha, I saw that the other day, it's fucking awesome.

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-04-05 23:07:22

I figured this would be a good place to put this. ha :)

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-04-15 01:52:11

Mona Lisa & Leonardo Da Vinci: 3D Truth

Awesome video with some sweet new technology

Response to Free Artistic Inspiration Here! 2010-04-15 02:13:29

At 4/15/10 01:52 AM, ornery wrote: Awesome video with some sweet new technology

That went from cool to fucking awesome in under 30 seconds.