00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

2009 Holiday Card Exchange

14,533 Views | 193 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange 2009-12-23 13:50:14

At 12/23/09 01:46 PM, M-Vero wrote: Damn it, who got mine?
I hope it didn't get lost in the mail

I dunno, just gotta wait and see. Everyone got a card from Bizarro so I just gotta wait for a second card now!

Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange 2009-12-23 19:01:41

Yay!! It's great to see that people are finally starting to get their cards :D

Undertone, I got yours and sent one out to you today.

In case anyone missed it... yes, BizarroJoe made enough cards for everyone participating (and then some!!) THANKS BIZARROJOE!!! ...so everyone should be getting one from him as well as one from someone else. Some of you might be getting your own card back because I'm beyond retarded!! (Hopefully I only did that with one and I've already talked to him.) I apologize in advance to anyone else I messed up on/with! lol

So, here's a break down:

Received/Sent:
USA = 8
Canada = 2
UK = 2
Australia = 1
Spain = 1

Still waiting on:
USA = 4
Canada = 2
Argentina = 1
Estonia = 1

I won't be checking for more cards until Monday, so...
THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!! and HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! :D

...even with my screw ups, it was a lot of fun! I'm already looking forward to Valentines!! lol

Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange 2009-12-23 19:07:14

At 12/23/09 07:01 PM, ReNaeNae wrote: Still waiting on:

Estonia = 1

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Starting to get worried about that one already....

BBS Signature

Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange 2009-12-23 20:33:13

Here's the card I got from TOAS

Front and inside

Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange 2009-12-24 17:19:02

At 12/23/09 08:33 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Here's the card I got from TOAS
Front and inside

Oh wow - that looks great! I like the image on the front, and the little coaster disc signed inside!

BBS Signature

Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange 2009-12-24 17:40:31

At 12/24/09 05:19 PM, CosmicDeath wrote:
At 12/23/09 08:33 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Here's the card I got from TOAS
Front and inside
Oh wow - that looks great! I like the image on the front, and the little coaster disc signed inside!

I'm happy it managed to get there in time, and to Jonny! Weight off my mind.

Looking forward to receiving my ng bundle, and I adore your sticker collage, cosmic.

BBS Signature

Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange 2009-12-29 09:21:09

At 12/24/09 05:40 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote: Looking forward to receiving my ng bundle, and I adore your sticker collage, cosmic.

BUMP!

Thanks TOAS; have you since received some cards back??

Anyone who's received their cards, please feel free to post scans/pics - we're all very excited to see them!! ^_^_^

BBS Signature

Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange 2009-12-29 09:31:17

Well i'd say theres 3 possibilities at this point,
1. the person who got mine is on vacation or something (most likely)
2. got lost in the mail (least likely)
3.The person who got mine neither has a scanner nor camera (likely)

Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange 2009-12-29 14:12:54

At 12/22/09 08:41 PM, CosmicDeath wrote: Haha! You can call me sir, if you like, I don't mind. ;P Especially since I received an awesome card from you today!! The idea was so cool - I love foldout/pop-out cards! I've taken some photos and will post now!! :D Thanks Occluded!

Thanks I'm glad you like it. It took me a bit of time, but I had fun with it. I might post a flat digital. I realize it might seem kinda lazy (considering all the work you did on your cards), but I must confess I made two of them to send out so someone else is getting the same card. I told Renae mine was mostly digital and I could make two if she had an odd man out.

Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange 2009-12-30 07:29:45

Don't you fret your worried head anymore, M-Vero... Your card arrived to my hands yesterday.
I'm unable to scan anything during these days (I hope the situation changes after the holidays, 'cause if not... glups.), so I had to take a pair of photoes and edit them the best I could... Sadly, that's not really that much...
Anyway, here's a brief description of M-Vero's card: It's a classical folded page printed in both sides. Here you can see the front picture depicting our troubled fellow... and the following conclusion (I have too google out that "boxing day"... Something tells me it has nothing to do with people fighting.).
The design looked really nice, it's a pity you can't really notice that in the pictures... But that's something I already had assumed. The people who have received my card will have noticed that it's printed in a textured, sturdy quality paper that looks like crap when scanned... I liked it because that way you can only look the picture properly when you have the card in your hands (I sticked to the same idea in my NG Sketchbook 2009 entry.). I won't post that picture unless someone else forces me to do that.
Anyway, good work, Dave. I'm really happy for receiving your card. Especially when I told 'Nae I wasn't really expecting she sends me anything in exchange...
...which brings us to the following post.

Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange 2009-12-30 07:33:04

ReNaeNae didn't just send meM-Vero's card. Apart from that, she sent me the "lost Santa" card ThePortalGuru mentioned before (BTW, I loved the colored envelopes. They add a classy touch.) and a stash of Newgrounds goodies that have made me a really happy bloke!
You know, it's really, REALLY difficult to me buying stuff online. So getting these NG-related items has been like my very own private X-mas miracle. Yeah, seriously.
Apart of the stuff FifĂ­ is kindly showing you there was an NG postcard featuring MindChamber's Pico Day 2009 art. That's already pinned in my wall, hehe.
May the higher being (if any.) bless you, 'Nae. Thank you very, VERY much.
I also want to greet all the people contributing to this project, and encourage those who haven't participated to take part in similar events. And I'm not saying that because of the presents, I swear!
... Well... I think that's enough.

HAPPY 2009 TO YOU ALL NG'ERS!!!

Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange 2009-12-31 01:12:24

At 12/29/09 02:12 PM, Occluded wrote: but I must confess I made two of them to send out so someone else is getting the same card.

I recieved the second one yesterday and it fits nicely in the corner of the shelf on my mis shapen desk. Great idea with the popup things, my card was simple and boring. :( I'm gonna take it to the next level for valentin's day though and put one of those musical things in my popup card and there'll be flashing lights and it'll have a motor on the back that makes some guys arm wave back and forth.

Please Note: probably wont end up going to that much trouble when making my card.

I also received one of Joe's cards, so thanks Occluded and Joe! :D
I'm not going to post pics as pics have already been posted of the ones I recieved.

At 12/22/09 07:51 PM, ThePortalGuru wrote: The first one is this incredible hand-drawn card by CloudEater. Thanks, Cloud!

When I made mine, for some reason I was thinking post-card not normal card like everyone else did, hope you still like it though and I'm glad I mailed it right :D

Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange 2010-01-03 12:16:43

Think this is one of the last ones ;)
My lovely pop-up card was made by AwesomeSaurus, all made in pencil crayon.
He's also made a spiffy suit out of a dollar.
Happy hols, Awesome!

Also received Joe's card, as well ;)

BBS Signature

Response to 2009 Holiday Card Exchange 2010-01-18 15:24:25

I'm a bit disappointed that no one has received my card yet (I forgot to put my username on it), but hey, we can't all be winners.

Thanks aplenty to Phobotech for the great user icon.

BBS Signature