00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kkolo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3

30,036 Views | 58 Replies
Respond to this Topic

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-13 19:48:48

BOOM BOOM BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THATS ALL I CAN SAY

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-13 20:20:35

Twisted fun? Who picked these catagories? Tom's son?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-13 20:42:02

SOUL CREAM FTW!!!! ( I really thought it was good )

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-13 20:57:18

The sillier the review, the more I probably like it!
I couldn't wait for these flashes to come! You need a morbid sense of humor to enjoy this kind of stuff; nothing makes me laugh more than this utterly scary random stuff. We have Catoblepas to thank for that ;)
Here's my reviews.
XD

]TheBigRace[

I freaking hate it when shit like this happens. I prepared all week to screw my girlfriend once. Cock push ups and everything. We got into bed, and you pretty much know the rest ;) Benny Hill played in the background and everything. This deserves a 10 to me, but in comparison to other flashes on this list, it could have had better art. 9/10

A Sign Of Happiness

It's animation is crudely drawn. Maybe that was the authors point, since this is, after all, a dream, BUT I did not enjoy it... That's about all that matters, unfortunately. I did laugh at the end and find the employment of subliminal messages to be creepy, so Kudos, but I can't relate with the way the dream appeared at all; however, this inspires me to someday make a flash based on my dreams ;) 8/10

king pepe

OK! So far this is a winner to me for this group! What did the tatto on the chick say? EAST? I liked the artists style of art and animation. I laughed when our king started getting laid. And honestly, who didn't love the end? END! GET IT!!! 10/10

Shave

A great quick laugh! Notice when the blood squirts all over the girl!
We shave to get rid of annoying hair on our face; Shave our heads off when our wives get pregnant. It is small and so in comparison to it's competitors I am putting with a 7/10

HENKEI

This is skilled work but not to funny or creepy... Yeah it's animated beautifully. But where's the fun or excitement? No reason to watch this really unless you are learning to animate... Just CGI effects won't make a good movie- look at Matrix 3-, and neither does just awesome animation. Maybe I just didn't get it. lol 8/10

Secret Sins Fast Food Boy

Wow! Watch it twice or more! There's a lot to see! Great use of bad and good art. Heavily animated and fun to watch. Great voice acting. The problem for me is it's so off the deep end of weird that I can't relate to it. But it is funny. The girls man voice, the images of food, feet lol, and FFB's and (bunny fu fu's) BFF's expressions. It's seriously great abstract humor. 9/10

Chocolate Easter Bunny

I get it. The problem with this one is its art looks like a kid made it. Clearly a kid didn't voice it... I honestly see what's supposed to be funny in this and its intentions, but I don't laugh at any of the jokes on racism, hicks, the randomness, not even the cock carved in the pumpkin. Sry. 6/10

Nath Milburn Stabs A Duck

A chuckle, but this feels like I'm left outside of some inside joke. 5/10

Zonked

Incredible. Not made for humor, just for engaging. Anyone will watch this from start to finish! Honestly, though, no everyone will fap to the girl at the end, like I did :3
I had a hard time finding the play button LOL. 10/10

Hny (happy New Year!)

Best post card ever. But just a short, although I like it's weirdness coming out to a fun joke. 8/10

The Travelling Sandwich

I love all this dudes work! I'm glad Last Resort made FP and won prize money for Halloween right? I think so.. 9/10

don't watch this

This is another funny guy who has had FPed flashes. This one shows his style perfectly. Those who liked this will love DON'T EVER WATCH THIS.

Onto the scary.

Dentist

Some really good stuff, some bad. I felt like some parts were very scary and well shown through black and white. But by the end I felt like it was more of a preview for a bigger flash than a flash in itself. 8/10

Soul Cream

This is really good for a scary flash! But there's no point besides it being scary. I'm sorry the thing that makes scary stories truly worth watching is that they some how feel like they could happen, or have a realer feel to them... Since this is a cartoon and mostly in slasher style I just didn't enjoy it to much. But at least a 9/10
lol this was front paged btw.

Empty Lands: Empty House

Scary again! But AGAIN just scary and not in anyway haunting. I could laugh at this for just being random. There should be a point to it. Maybe I'm missing it... 8/10

In The Dark- Abortion

Great art work, creepy... 9/10

NIGHTm.c.a Pt.1

A story! Who'd of thunk it?! This is cool. It's short, but cool to watch. I think we can all identify with childhood fears, that thing behind our closet, staying awake to avoid the boogey man, and me being an asshole. 9/10

Vexatia.

Hmm. I wasn't sure what to make of this... ... WOW I'M A SHITTY REVIEWER!

-Reminiscence-

Hmmm I think I would have been more scared by reading Rosanne's Autobiography.

I guess I just aint much for scary flashes guys! Thanks for not reading my reviews! :3

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-13 22:34:29

look at all these people sucking mean fulp dick. just because baron got a little recongnition, everyone is starting to do this.

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-13 23:03:41

Hidden Gems - Twisted Fun

Hard choice--there were so many good ones, but I guess I'll go will this one.

Hidden Gems - Twisted Dark

Although

was really well-animated. I should really give my vote to

considering it had a full plot and better fits the category of "twisted dark".

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-13 23:47:40

Obviously, I can't really vote for my own submissions in this contest, however I would like to talk them up a bit for consiteration. I got three of my picks into this thread. All in the "twisted dark"

I am not a fan of straight out horror. My preference is for having a storyline and plot to it rather then crazy beings going wild and murdering in disturbing ways. If that's your thing then mine will likely not be your preferred choices.

Boy tries to go to sleep but there is a monster in the closet... You could cut the tension with a knife.

This is my favorite one. I'm a big fan of the 'monster under the bed' style scarefests. I would disagree that it's just a bunch of noises and stuff. It makes excellent use of tension. with the door just creaking open and the boy running to slam it shut and the monster is mostly hidden except for that big, red eye. The monster's voice is also suitably creepy and best of all, the little boy doesn't die. :)

Instead he is left alone to ponder what this monster is and his purpose. I think if the series was ever finished it would be quite good.

Spirit arrives... somewhere. Where IS he, exactly? Questions are pondered this philosophical submission.

I wouldn't say this is straight out horror so much as a philosophical drama with supernatural overtones. The idea isn't the non-existence of a god, but rather the inability for humans on Earth to physically comprehend concepts such as what a deity or an afterlife would precisely look like. The protagonist is simply seeing inside his own mind, and learns that he is still a living man fearing judgment. The voice speaking to him was none other than his subconscious self.

I think it's very deep and makes you think, which is why I submitted it.

man walks through a house of horrors. What's real? Everything is answered in the credits. A story told mainly through vivid imagery.

Again, it's the plot that had me decide to add this one. I love the idea of a machine that brings memories of someone with amnesia to life. We don't know he's in this machine induced dream until close to the end. Then the man goes back to his house and discoverers he was a murderer before he lost his memories. He then decided to end his life and then the credits roll with newspaper headings the discovery of his body and then his victims bodies and so on.

If you want to take a look at the entire lise I submitted for the gem contest, go to this link.

http://tomao2.newgrounds.com/news/post/3 80618

I collect flash animations the whole year though. It's large but I did writeups for them all so you will have an idea, at least, of what might appeal to you. Every single animation/game had less then 10k views when I submitted them. There are many, many deserving animations that don't get much attention so feel free to look them over and give their author's a review. :)

Collecting NG's undiscovered gems has been a hobby of mine since 2005. I am curently posting them on my blog.

Feel free to check them out and tell me what you think.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-13 23:54:56

At 11/13/09 10:34 PM, ChaDMcBaDD wrote: look at all these people sucking mean fulp dick. just because baron got a little recongnition, everyone is starting to do this.

1st off everyone wants Fulp dick. Weather or not they know it. Secondly: http://omegared.newgrounds.com/news/post /227383
I did this last year, and it was for fun, much like Jak and the others probably did this year. Nobody wants to suck Tom Fulp's massive dick, except you because you think you'll look cool by making fun of us who took time out to enjoy his site and other people's work.

LOL! You don't make flash so nobody wants your dick and you probably don't make friends because you're an asshole. You certainly do make a lot of reviews though, HMMM TRYING TO SUCK SOME PEOPLE'S DICKS!?!?!

Be more friendly or Fuck off.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-13 23:56:37

My vote for this category goes to:

The animation for King Pepe was very impressive. The song really sealed the deal in my opinion. I had difficulty understanding the plot, but it was an entertaining film, and most of the time these twisted flashes do not tend to amuse me. Congrats to all of the gems in this category and I'm looking forward to seeing what tomorrow has in store.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-14 03:10:21

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-14 08:32:43

A Sign Of Happiness has a weird atmosphere. Pretty good animation along with some ambient music and unrealistic happenings. When the song switches up I can't help but feel that there's an endless amount of possible things that could happen and therefor was a little disapointed when this flash ended so soon.
7/10

]TheBigRace[ builds up with a serious tone, and in the middle of the heat something very unexpected happens. The ending made me laugh pretty hard.
8/10

king pepe, when I first watched it, all I could say was wtf. The animation is awesome and the song is pretty catchy. The main character made me think of the Great Gazoo at first lol.
7/10

Shave is short but pretty funny. The graphics were far from amazing but it's pretty replayable.
3/10

HENKEI is an awesome animation. I never saw the ending coming, its unexpected, well animated, weird and amusing. It's kind of short though, but who cares.
9/10

Secret Sins Fast Food Boy is very well animated and has a really nice style. It's atmosphere is weird and sort of disturbing. Pretty funny too.
8/10

Chocolate Easter Bunny had some pretty dark humor, I liked it. Graphics are ok too, ending made me laugh. Yeah, great stuff! I guess some people could lable it to be racist though.
8/10

Nath Milburn Stabs A Duck is kinda weird. The title spoiled the whole thing to begin with, so it was nothing interesting really. I think the music was a little out of place, and the frame by frame work was also pretty sloppy. If color was added it would have also made it a little more interesting.
5/10

Zonked involves some amazing animation techniques. It's artistic and weird. This is the kind of quality that belongs on television. I'm absolutely loving this.
10/10

Hny (happy New Year!) starts off really disturbing. It's really stylish and leaves you wondering what the hell happened. I suppose it's meaningfull in a way, but I like it most for it's style and disturbing atmosphere.
7/10

The Travelling Sandwich absolutely has some great art. For a while it seems like an adventure is starting, but it all appears to have been an illusion. I don't really get it, but it was pretty cool to watch.
7/10

don't watch this is a flash with short clips. Most of them have unexpected endings, and many of them are hilarious. The artwork wasn't all that great though. But it's very entertaining.
6/10

I'm not sure why, but I ended up reviewing these flashes anyway O:
I'll review the Twisted Dark cathegory later.

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-14 12:30:56

There are my reviews for the Twisted Dark cathegory:

Dentist makes use of experimental audio and creepy environments. The author did a really good job at making it creepy, but then again could have done a lot better aswel. Especially the ending could have been made much creepier, but I'm not quite sure whether the artist actually intended to scare people. I feel that there should have been one or more ambient songs in this movie.
8/10

Soul Cream convinces me to be really creepy. It shows us a psychotic world where the worst of sins are a normal everyday thing. Especially the audio was amazing. The flash could have been better but is good enough to work.
9/10

Empty Lands: Empty House is weird. There is some great voice acting going on and all, but the atmosphere wasn't all that creepy to me. This flash lacks sound effects at some parts. I like how his/her plaything died. I didn't see that coming at all.
7/10

In The Dark- Abortion is some quality shit. It leaves you in a contact state of paranoia. Audio's awesome, graphics are awesome. Nothing bad to say about this. It's awesome.
10/10

NIGHTm.c.a Pt.1 is a little bit too childish for my liking. Just when you think it's starting to get interesting, it results in a boring ending.
6/10

Vexatia. is pretty interesting, conversationwise anyway. There wasn't all that much to the animation. It's an amusing conversation and the plot is sort of meaningfull.
7/10

-Reminiscence- shows a guy going through many different emotions as he has many unexplainable experiences. I must say it contains a good plottwist and the ending is hilarious. The graphics could have been a lot better though, and it's sort of boring to watch.
8/10

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-14 13:39:00

illl have to check them out

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-14 13:52:02

Nath Milburn stabs a duck is awesome

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-14 16:17:52

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-14 19:11:47

Can we nominate a friend's post?..if its possible..and please make a list of games

lol

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-14 20:24:12

At 11/13/09 11:34 AM, 2good2b4goten wrote: LEAST FAVOURITE SO FUCKING SHIT I HATE IT, THIS IS SO FUCKING SHIT FUCK FUCK FUCK KILL ME:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 6724

I feel this picture has some of the same fellings.

Sig by ToastedToastyToast

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-15 05:04:06

hey yo wassup? y'all should totally check out rEALMS and rEALMS 2 and the upcoming rEALMS 3 mostly the latter two for the disturbing and funny

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-15 05:29:24

Those videos were pretty awesome! =D

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-15 11:47:46

ALL THIS FLASH ARE BELONG TO US. no not ryl but why is thar no games??

I OBJECT! (KLICK TEH PIC IF U DARE)

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-15 13:04:18

I don't know why, but I really liked In The Dark- Abortion.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-15 15:58:55

At 11/13/09 10:31 AM, cast wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/48 0299
That was by far my favorite out of this bunch, it was also the only one that made me laugh. :)

Yeah, I agree with you. Really hilarious.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-15 20:07:59

Twisted Dark: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/38 2175

It creeped the hell out of me, my face was stuck to the screen the entire time, too.

Twisted Fun:

because it was incredibly unexpected.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-15 20:36:38

I like the gems, and although there are allot of boring ones, there were some really good ones mixed in. All in all, i liked it.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-15 23:29:44

I LOVED THEM ALL!!! (read my blog at butt-munch46@windowslive.com)

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-16 13:54:12

Great Stuff :D

Quack!

Woundersplenndin'!

BBS Signature

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-17 20:34:44

For twisted fun.

A decent job on the animation. Looks like it was mainly a frame by frame flash. The style gives off a weird creepy feeling because everything is always moving and always squiggly. Nothing really to clean up too much here at all.

Dreams are always messed up like this. In our dream did you have the random Obey thing appearing? Your dreams are actually quite normal compared to mine. Not really bizarre at all.

The thing I noticed about this was that it was rather predictable. Once you started falling and the happy music started I just knew that you were going to fall to your death. Even though I saw it coming from a mile away I still laughed when he hit the ground. You know something is funny when you know it's coming and still laugh when it happens.

I didn't see the guy randomly throwing up at the end coming though.

Good job with the music all around. Sound effects and audio was well chosen and well synced with the submission.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-20 16:46:18

Alot of these were pretty awesome.

Response to Treasure Hunt 2009 Results Part 3 2009-11-24 09:24:32

I vote for DON'T WATCH THIS ...is too funny! LOL