00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

New York City Meet-up 2010

89,927 Views | 979 Replies

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-10 16:26:19

At 1/10/10 04:14 PM, Shikamarana wrote: Bum it out on the streets with me, yo.

Might I be so kind as to suggest a place you could bum it out on the streets? Try right outside Carnegie Hall on the south east side of 57th Street and 7th Avenue, but you'll only be comfortable there if you have a high noise tolerance. I used to have a homeless friend who used to sleep out there every night until he disappeared one night without a trace. I also spent a night there one time myself after a heated battle with my parents, and I lived to tell the tale.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

NYC Meet 2010 | NYC Meet 2011 | NYC Meet 2013

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-11 10:19:57

At 1/10/10 05:35 PM, Keith wrote: If you want, you can crash with Rig and I. As long as Rig as no objection to it.

That'd be great. PM me with details OR ELSE...

... or else I'll PM you asking for details. Rig should be chill with it, I didn't make fun of him when he couldn't ban anybody.

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-12 20:57:43

Why do I need to give my number so early? How about you give me YOUR numbers and i'll contact you if there's a prob. Like if I'm about to die on the train or something.

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-12 21:48:44

At 1/12/10 09:00 PM, DannyJay wrote:
At 1/12/10 08:57 PM, STEM wrote: Why do I need to give my number so early? How about you give me YOUR numbers and i'll contact you if there's a prob. Like if I'm about to die on the train or something.
well I can, but thats ALOT of people to pm, and i'm super lazy. But since its a huge issue to you, i'll pm you my number.

sorry danny but its an issue for me too :| can u please send me u and gory's #'s?
im trying to give out my # as little as possible

you guys call a lot randomly and i dont have the patience or the desire for it

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-12 22:25:52

At 1/12/10 09:48 PM, Kitala wrote: sorry danny but its an issue for me too :| can u please send me u and gory's #'s?

I just PMed you my number, and I'm willing to PM it to anyone else who doesn't already have it.

Former iron fist mod of the NG Featureless Chat from May 23, 2012 to May 4, 2014.

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-13 08:52:15

Goddamnit, always places on the other side of the fucking marble.

Join chat | In Obscurity Forever.| Least noticed user '13? Vote for me!

Sig by Me.

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-14 18:36:59

At 1/14/10 05:50 PM, FBIpolux wrote: It would be time to post an updated list.

Go.

Here it is now as it stands:

DannyJay (definitely)
Valz (definitely--well, last I checked anyway; I think she should update us on her current status)
STEM (definitely)
Luxury-Yacht (maybe)
Timmy (maybe for one day)
Luis (definitely)
Monocrom (definitely for one day)
Grub-Xer0 (definitely)
LynchedJohNNY (definitely)
AngoraFedora (supposedly coming with Johnny)
Techno (maybe)
scottmale24 (very likely, it looks to me)
OneGunn (very likely)
BareNakedMike (definitely)
mamatequila (definitely)
SeeInTheDark (definitely)
36Holla (maybe)
Jonas (definitely)
Nakoruru (maybe)
TheStarSyndicate (looks pretty definite)
michelinman (maybe)
Parlux (maybe)
Shikamarana (maybe)
Kitala (definitely)
JoSilver (definitely)
ChesterMcNuts (definitely)
AsthmaticHamster (definitely)
Jezuz (definitely)
Scrotaculous (maybe)
Rig (definitely if he gets his passport situation in order)
Keith (same situation as Rig)
DELUCA2400 (looks likely)
FBIpolux (definitely)
Evark (very likely)
Wadezilla (maybe)
life (maybe; he told me via AIM he may be able to make it)
The-Swain (definitely)
Sawke (very likely)
Captain-Ben (very likely)
rocknrolleater (maybe)

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-15 13:08:32

Hello, I just wanted to confirm that I will definitely be at the NYC meet-up. Still doing research on the most economical way to get there, but I'll be coming with Lynched JohNNY. Looking forward to meeting everyone!

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-18 08:18:16

I may be editing my appearance, I have other shit going on that will possibly conflict. I may show up and go home the same day. More on that later.

None

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 00:27:42

At 1/19/10 07:07 PM, DannyJay wrote: yeah, cause Luis apparently has a "busy" schedule. Dude, you'd be doing your job attending this meet, so you won't be using a sick day.

oh fuck off, i dont need to explain myself to 12 yr olds.

None

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 11:27:28

So I know nothing of NYC and am going on the naive assumption that since I'm from Detroit I know what I'm doing. I know that's a dangerous assumption, not to mention I'm like 4'10" so the idea that I'm tough makes the assumption comical.

The point is I would like any sort of feedback on the ideal way to conduct myself for this classy event in this quaint little town. (I really, really don't know anything about this city, or NG folk for that matter, but am still ecstatic to go nonetheless). :-)

Some suggestions I've heard:
Don't buy flowers.
Use a Yellow Taxi. Emphasis on Yellow. I would have put it in all caps but do not want to appear rude. (Although I'm probably not ready for this city if rudeness is my primary concern).
Ladies: Don't set your purse down. Ever!
Priceline: Good for hotel rates.
Don't talk to strangers. It's sad that I had to be told that, but still good info.

Also is it like Detroit in where you don't want to make eye contact with anyone?
I will be looking up other suggestions online but would much rather hear from you fine folks who may live there or have been there before.

Also, what is the general area in NYC we will be in? I need to book the hotel pronto, and would like to be in the general vicinity of everyone.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 11:39:08

I might make an appearance...
Idk if I'll have anything to do around then, but I live just a path train ride outside the city...

..............The Guide to Newgrounds Audio

Latest Track: Phoenix

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 12:24:02

I still don't have your number, Danny.

why would you delete my forum sig i barely even fucking use this shitty website anymore you sneaky cunt idiot

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 16:05:37

At 1/20/10 12:27 AM, Luis wrote:
At 1/19/10 07:07 PM, DannyJay wrote: yeah, cause Luis apparently has a "busy" schedule. Dude, you'd be doing your job attending this meet, so you won't be using a sick day.
oh fuck off, i dont need to explain myself to 12 yr olds.

Don't worry, they don't know much these days

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 18:36:47

Hey guys, I wanted to make sure you all knew that this meet was, thankfully and painstakingly, put together by Gory. This meetup has no legal ties or affiliations with the site, so it's really at everyone's own discrepancies on whether they go or not. Whether you are mature enough to go and take care of the responsibilities that go along with being in a City/away from home or not is totally upon you and maybe your parents, depending on your age. You should each look into making sure that you can handle the issues that may arise with being away from home, (your parents calling asking where you are, paying for room and food and fun, being with people you trust, and behaving like adults REGARDLESS of your actual age). It should also be a point that you each remember the things you may need for activities, (Legal identification, for one. The best would be 3 forms of ID with at least 1 being a photo ID). Nobody wants to play the role of mom or pop, and nobody wants to be the one who misses out because they forgot something. So get your checklists out and ready for your departure. If you can't handle that much, maybe you should hold off until next year or a meet closer to you.

Sorry my RA-lyness kicked in. It all needed to be said.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 19:14:36

At 1/20/10 07:03 PM, DannyJay wrote: Yeah, shes right.
btw, Gory didn't put this meet together on his own. He did do alot of planning, but me and him planned this for weeks on stickam, deciding where to go, what the budgets will be, the times, etc.

Theres alot that goes into putting these things together, so careful what you wish for. Its not just making a thread and telling people hey show up there. Based on light browsing ive done on this thread theres people who are trying to show up to ny regardless of whether they have their accomidations settled. Thats kind of insane imo, and kind of dangerous.

There is plenty of time left still, but if youre someone on the bubble or coming from far away you should be a responsible adult and sort your shit and go through the different scenarios.

If youre coming from like japan, your arrangements need to be sorted way before someone who lives in nyc so you should see how feasible it is before just signing yourself up to go.

This is kinda why most meets end up being with users over 18 and 21 because you are more able to fend for yourself. Yea it sucks to be young and have to listen to your parents but so what thats life, wait a few years and then you can show up like the rest of the older folks.

None

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 19:26:14

Wow! I'll see you guys there!

Fun! Meet up in NYC and do all the touristy shit that people in NYC dread doing!

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 19:33:26

At 1/20/10 07:31 PM, Twilight wrote: And Luis too. Get your Bolivian ass over here.

Sight-seeing is incomplete without Luis!

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 19:49:03

Would you guys still care if I come even though none of you know me? I might skip school for this.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 19:50:46

At 1/20/10 07:40 PM, Twilight wrote: lmfao, no one wants to go sightseeing and shit. Museums are gay imo but they're going bowling/skating/karaoke/playing rockband/molesting young girls so that's some shit tourists don't do. Also, try not to get in the way in NYC, seriously they will truck your shit if you walk too slow.

REALLY?! Tell me more about this grand city! Is Times Square as amazing as people say?!

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 19:54:31

At 1/20/10 07:49 PM, Twilight wrote:
At 1/20/10 07:49 PM, reacon341 wrote: Would you guys still care if I come even though none of you know me? I might skip school for this.
It's on a weekend

I live in the Midwest. So I'm going to have to fly.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 19:57:38

At 1/20/10 07:50 PM, TheStarSyndicate wrote: Is Times Square as amazing as people say?!

No it's not, unless you like annoying motherfuckers who wave their shitty rap CDs in front of your face, tour bus companies aggressively trying to sell tickets, and clueless tourists who walk too slow.

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 20:00:00

At 1/20/10 07:57 PM, GoryBlizzard wrote:
At 1/20/10 07:50 PM, TheStarSyndicate wrote: Is Times Square as amazing as people say?!
No it's not, unless you like annoying motherfuckers who wave their shitty rap CDs in front of your face, tour bus companies aggressively trying to sell tickets, and clueless tourists who walk too slow.

Maybe I should just play nice and just tell you I live in New York. I have my whole life. In fact, I can probably walk to wherever it is you guys are meeting up. And I'm totally going to heckle you guys :)

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 20:23:39

At 1/20/10 07:26 PM, Twilight wrote: Hey Gory, if SITD stays for another day (that monday) come across the water and see me gogogogogogo

She's scheduled to leave very early that morning, so I'm not sure if that's possible.

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 20:44:02

Tonight I'm going

To New York city

The place I'll call my home

And tonight I'm going where the climate's shitty

Where I won't feel so alone

And I will build it up right from the ground

With my own bare hands

Until the sun doth set

On the silhouette of this broken promise land

Tonight I'm leaving

For old Manhattan

The place where I was born

And I will fight for hope

Like a peaceful baron

With Broadway lights forlorn

And as the buildings weep

I will not sleep

Until I dry their tears

And I will not rest 'til east and west side

Thunder with the cheers

For the land we hold so dear

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-20 22:08:10

I want photographic proof that danny was actually capable of being touched by a member of the opposite sex not including family. without breaking down in tears of anxiety and social awkwardness.

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

~Henry Rollins

BBS Signature

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-21 07:25:42

At 1/20/10 07:18 PM, DannyJay wrote:
have I answered your questions?

Yes you have. Thanks!

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-22 08:41:23

PM me if you'd like to room with me and JohNNY, and please do it earlier than later. I'll be booking the room no later than February 11. In order to split the cost evenly, I'll need to know how many people express an interest.

Because I don't know how many people will be rooming with us, I've included a special disclaimer:
To keep things simple and cost-effective, I'll be reserving the room under my name. While it's not a good idea to do anything illegal in the first place, please do not do it in a room that has my name connected to it.

I'll keep you updated.

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-22 15:42:08

At 11/9/09 09:57 PM, kidd25 wrote: danm it, i can't go over there i hate my age and not having money. DANM YOU GORYYYYYYYYY

Sssssaaaaaaame!

Response to New York City Meet-up 2010 2010-01-22 16:33:14

At 1/22/10 03:30 PM, DannyJay wrote: I'm meeting up with Goryblizzard on sunday in Rockefeller Center, NYC. anybody want to join us?

SURE! MAN OH MAN! I'LL BRING MY BALL!