00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings

17,983 Views | 233 Replies

Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:06:36

Okay, so here's a delicious easy contest for everyone.

I have a coupon book for an almost year's worth of free wings from Buffalo Wild Wings.

Mind you it's not quite a year as due to internet problems, and the time it took to actually took so it's more like 10 months. BUT DAMN IT, it's a pile of free chicken.

The actual contest -

All you have to do is comment in this topic and answer these questions.

When did you first learn about Newgrounds?
What do you most enjoy about the site?
Given one day at the reins of the site, what would you change, what would you fix?
Is there anything you miss, that you'd like to see back? (I.E. Old Blam/Save Animations)

I'll randomly grab a user's reply, and post it on my user page, declaring them the winner.

Contest begins RIGHT NOW, Contest ends October 28th at Midnight. I'll be locking the topic and sifting through for a magical winner. Then I'll send you a PM for your name/address and ship you your coupon book.

YOU ARE MAGICAL RIGHT?

LEAVE A SINGLE REPLY, AS MULTIPLE ENTRIES WILL MURDER YOUR SHOT AT FREE CHICKEN, YOU TERRIBLE PERSON.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:08:46

Aww, damn the UK

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:09:22

2003, I think.

The wonderful little browser games that make me ignore my expensive video game consoles. Also the community at large.

Given one day at the reins of the site, what would you change, what would you fix?

I'd fix up the Top 50 Submissions list. Pixel Shrooms do not deserve to be there.

Is there anything you miss, that you'd like to see back? (I.E. Old Blam/Save Animations)

"The Problems Of The Future: Today!"

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:10:17

At 10/20/09 02:08 PM, Mulchings wrote: Aww, damn the UK

Sorry Sunshine, I know that you don't have them there, but you could still win, and then taunt everyone that didn't win with your pile of useless coupons.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:18:19

2005 from a friend

The games

Allow userpage themes so you can change the entire page appearance

Took the words right out my mouth lol

WHAT DO YOU CARE?!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:24:26

it was around 1998 I believe, when the assassin series was popular. Those flash games were mad fun to the angsty teenager

The games of course. They have a nostalgic value, I think it was the hokeyness that drew me to them, it felt hilarious at the same time as it being violent. Once flash movies like Yoda's blowjob and the Reading Rainbow series came along started coming in I was sold. Cartoons like this were fresh and new!!

Hahaha one day wouldn't be enough from what I've seen. But I've adamantly been against the PM system, and I'd love to see a redesign sooner than later. I'd also change the comment system of the art portal to be more forum-like.

Nope, Newgrounds has only been improving. =) The only thing I'd like to see come back are artists that haven't made much lately, like Jim Ether.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:25:50

I'll do almost anything for free wings, including blowjobs and this survey.

At 10/20/09 02:06 PM, Jonas wrote: When did you first learn about Newgrounds?

In highschool (2003-04ish) when I came onto the site sporadically to play games. Finally signed up my freshman year of college. Didn't really come onto the BBS regularly until a few years after that.

The wide variety of personalities, talents and viewpoints condensed into one meeting point. If you mean "which part of the site do I enjoy the most?" then it would have to first be the flash portal, then the BBS (especially General and the MWCs), then everything else.

There aren't really any glaring errors on the site that I would change. Maybe add a Lit Portal, even though it wouldn't be a huge draw for visitors. Also, I would remove the "Chat" page in order to kill once and for all any hope that the Chat will ever be finished.

I mentioned the Old Blam/Save Animations to someone awhile back, and apparently they DO have new animations that were simply not included during the redesign. It would be awesome to have those back.

Just in general, it seems that the site is moving further away from flash movies towards games, which makes sense because games draw more visitors (it's what first brought me to NG) and you can make more money with the ads. However, I hope that this trend doesn't continue to the point where all flash artists focus
entirely upon developing games and NG becomes just another "gaming" site. So I guess I'm not asking for anything from the past, just that the future of NG doesn't revolve entirely around developing flash games.

Sig by BlueHippo / User Icon by CosmicDeath.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:29:06

A longass time ago (for me atleast). Somewhere around 2002 or so I found out about this place because a friend showed me some flash here. I can't remember what flash it was but I liked it so lurked a while and I found alot of series and authors to be enjoyable and I liked the games. It wasn't until I saw some retarded flash that I signed up for an account and wrote an incredibly scathing review, earning myself an instant ban. It wasn't until 07 that I signed up a different time because my other account was noobish and shitty that I even used the forums.

Probably the Portal of course. Mainly the flash games and series, but every once in a while I'll see a single flash that is just incredibly great.

It depends. If it was like, I could do "anything" and not just "anything doable in the span of a day" then it would be an lit portal and forum or something along those lines. But if it was only one day and I could only do what was within reason I would mod Scarab (seriously he's the only person who actually thinks out every post he makes) and then go through the BBS open discussion and see what ideas are to be had there.

But as for changes and fixings, those would really be the only things.

A lot of the old users. I signed up in 07 so I barely got to see even the come down from the 'glory days' of the bbs so I never got to experience the greatness that was Earfetish, RoobyKillAll, most of the old mods, etc.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:33:04

This contest is unfair to vegetarians. I am disgusted and demand that this contest's winning product be updated to tailor to the needs of veggies, or I shall have to write a stern letter to the contest holders!

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:35:49

At 10/20/09 02:33 PM, Gagsy wrote: This contest is unfair to vegetarians. I am disgusted and demand that this contest's winning product be updated to tailor to the needs of veggies, or I shall have to write a stern letter to the contest holders!

I don't believe in vegetarians. I believe that if chickens weren't brutally murdered daily, their numbers would overwhelm us, and we'd have our arms torn off and glazed in delicious bastes, while our fowl overlords clucked and supped on our flesh.

I DREAM OF A BETTER FUTURE.
One where chickens are eaten out of survival and their tasty tasty flesh.

Need a hot dicking?

JonasATnewgrounds.com

I do voices.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:36:03

At 10/20/09 02:33 PM, Gagsy wrote: This contest is unfair to vegetarians. I am disgusted and demand that this contest's winning product be updated to tailor to the needs of veggies, or I shall have to write a stern letter to the contest holders!

Quiet, you.....

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:37:32

DID SOMEONE SAY A YEARS WORTH OF FREE B-DUBS COUPONS???

YEAH, I'll never starve here at college again!

All you have to do is comment in this topic and answer these questions.

Well then lets get this thing started.

About early 2007, before the redesign, used it just for games but became a memeber in 2008.

The variety of games and movies. There are all kinds of people here, creating a true feel of the slogan "Everything, by Everyone."

I would open up the Chat and the Writers Portal if I have the skills to do so, but sadly I don't. I might force the admins to do so thought. Or I would play along with the Chat coming back lie. Otherwise I would just spend the day overlooking the forums or the Flash portal.

Animated Sigs. I was never here to have one. And I know most of the forum regs would enjoy having them back as well.

I'll randomly grab a user's reply, and post it on my user page, declaring them the winner.

Sweet.

YOU ARE MAGICAL RIGHT?

Maybe, I donno.

LEAVE A SINGLE REPLY, AS MULTIPLE ENTRIES WILL MURDER YOUR SHOT AT FREE CHICKEN, YOU TERRIBLE PERSON.

But I love B-Dubs chicken....

Huh?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:37:56

Well I'll give it a try, even though I'm not a big wing fan.

My friend showed me an animation on here called "There's Something about Ninja", and from then on I was pretty hooked.

The Clock Crew. They know how to make a guy laugh.

Pay more attention to the stat whores and what small things they would want.

The edginess of NG seems to be gone. Used to be a site that weird religious wackos would complain about. Now it's much more calm.

S&Box, the game Facepunch Studio have been working on.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:43:36

At 10/20/09 02:06 PM, Jonas wrote:

In 2004, the same day that I signed up for an account.

I enjoy reviewing flash, audio, and art submissions. I also enjoy visiting the flash portal and B/Ping.

I would make it so the audio mods had better tools and so that art reviews showed up on the userpage. I would probably also change the art portal to be more like the audio portal so everyone had a chance for their stuff to be seen as the art portal is only for elitist as of now.

I actually don't remember anything that is too old on the site. I guess I'd like to see Knox start submitting like he use to.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 14:48:11

I was in 7th or so grade [now a year graduated, so 6 years ago or so]. My buddy Justin showed me R.A.B. and I was hooked from then on.

Well, I do enjoy the forums. The flashes are obviously the keystone of the site, but the forum is a big clusterfuck of people all talking about inane bullshit. Entertainment, in it's purest form.

I'd put the voice-work i've done at the front page, make myself and my friends high levels, and set the flashes to randomly rick roll people [like 1 out of 15,000]. When it happens, they win a free sticker.

I liked the older blam/save animations, and the blow my whistle song was badassed. Well, the KK and related groups would be toned down for sure, but I'd probably bring back BigBadRon if someone could find him. Probably in some spaghetti western bar somewhere knocking back whiskey holding a photo of him and Tom, except Tom's face is scratched out.

Please click here. You'd make my fiance` happy... Please?

I'm a voice actor, and I love what I do. I'm also a writer, and love that just as much.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 15:01:51

somewhere around 2004, followed the link from a stolen flash in some site.

It gives you the oportunity to submitt your work for free and it is fun to follow the comunity (at times)

There should be cash awards, but the submissions deserving those awards should be judged by some of the few sane members of the site, not the audience (independently of what the audience liked the most). And probably take away the trophy system since it seems to be more frustrating than it is fun and because I hate when people brag about not caring abut the awards then talk about that again and again and again

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 15:03:09

2004, was playing a game and accidentally got linked here.

Everything. Watching flash, listening to the user-made songs and posting on the BBS.

Nothing, Newgrounds is perfect exactly the way it is.

2005 layout.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 15:10:12

I remember the exact date: October 5, 2007. It was a Zelda dating sim with a Newgrounds preloader hosted on another site, of all things, that I followed. About four days later, I decided to come to NG and I signed up right when I got here.

It's a hard one between the Flash movies and the stats. I'd have to say the movies though, as they're part of the main attraction Flash Portal while the stats are a mere afterthought.

Hoo boy, there's so much I want to do and only a day to do it! But I'd start with a big change in how the Portal is handled. Instead of deleting spammers, I'd come on the BBS and start rubbing the problem in the userbase's face. I might even change the descriptions to "Why did you people let this pass?" and frontpage some of the spam movies. Then I'd add a preview button for BBS posting. You know that Egoraptor guy who got hacked and then kept his icon mod position? No more golden aura for him, nor for the convicted Flash thief 36holla (who was one of the people who submitted the Awesome Episodes in question). A permaban for anyone starting or participating in a religious flamewar or an atheist or Christian circlejerk thread in General, because they're just so annoying. That goes double for anyone asking questions in Wi/Ht? that are answered in the FAQ. Finally, I would add two or three more auras for users who want to at least try something new.

I've seen the old Blam, Save, and Whistle animations, and I think NG would be a lot better with them back. Also with animated sigs, and maybe the return of such features as NG Mag and the Alphas. As for what I miss that I've actually seen? BBS drama about harmless doings in the Portal. But the users need to generate that themselves.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 15:11:22

oh i'll reply just to get you another reply to whatever you're doing, jonas. lots of <3 from sweden >**

At 10/20/09 02:06 PM, Jonas wrote: All you have to do is comment in this topic and answer these questions.

Around 1999, I think I got linked here from joecartoon, since that's the site i was hanging out back in ye olde days of 56k modem.

right now, it's probably the versatility movies, games, music and artwork brings. Some parts could be better, and hopefully it will get there. All elements add up to games and movies being more and more kickass as time keeps running.

I'd give the audio portal a fullblown redesign. mainly to make it more like the other portals of the site, andbut also to incorporate audio more in the rest of the site - f.ex. user get to pick artworksoundtrack if wanted. things like that, use what's already available and enhance the site with it.

Apart from audio, I never was very fond of the art-portal main page, i'd make some changes there, like adding a weekly top five, best of all time etcetc.

mainly small features that got lost in the redesign, like a "whistle" for audio.

HEY LET GO OF MY ARM YOU BASTARD!

Contest begins RIGHT NOW, Contest ends October 28th at Midnight. I'll be locking the topic and sifting through for a magical winner. Then I'll send you a PM for your name/address and ship you your coupon book.

YOU ARE MAGICAL RIGHT?

dickazam

Wakka wakka

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 15:14:22

after looking at video from Youtube.

The ability to allow users to blam or protect flashes.

I'd say allow an ability to mark an artist's response to reviews as abusive.

Blam animations.

cheaters will never win. they are considered cowards. playing fair shows true skills.

Send me a PM if you want to join www.lockerz.com.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 15:21:40

When I was playing games on Gamefudge.com, I saw the most of those games have a preloader with Newgrounds on it

The B/P system and the stats

I would change the headers and fix the sticker stat in the profile

The regular layout of the Portal and not the wide version

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 15:27:39

I want to say '00. But I forgot about it until '08

The site is quite easy to navigate through, and the people are great too :P

To be able to see what art we review. I'd also make sure that in the BBS rules, it CLEARLY spells out what is spamming and what isn't. Like, giving examples would be helpful.

I'd also have something where ALL new users are required to read the rules before the can post, or evern see the BBS.

Mainly people, but you can't really get those back :P

The work, which becomes a new genre itself, will be called...

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 15:37:03

Working with Stamper on the redesign

Exactly what I'm fixing now.

No, everything removed was for the better.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 15:56:06

I will do this even though I don't have the slightest idea where to redeem these coupons.

1997-98 about, a kid i was babysitting showed me a site where you could kill celebrities and make fun of teletubbies.

Its evolution, its amazing to see how far its come, from being just a simple flash game and video showcase of a bunch of grouchy teens to a giant monster where the user base can be likened to that of any famous art movement of the past. The variety and quality still surpasses anywhere on the internet and who knows where it will go.

Delete all pointless spam flashes done for only stats. And massive revamps on the art and audio portal.

The days when the celebrity of a user wasn't a good enough excuse to showcase any new thing they shit out on the FP. Also the days before fanboyism made the monthly voting as predictable as the order of the days in a week.

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 16:05:32

Oct. 21, 2007

http://www.newgrounds.com/cat/

That space that automatically appears in long character strings and url's. Shit's like a hangnail.

Is there anything you miss, that you'd like to see back?

Hot Piss

Now gimme meh fryin chikken pleez.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 16:20:24

2001-2002 my cousin showed me skull kid

first it was the games then funny flashes now its bbs

i would add a :3 emote

i got techniques dripping out my butt cheeks; sleep on my stomach so i don't fuck up my sheets.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 16:21:38

Back in 2004, when i was in 6th grade my friend was telling me about how he wanted to get into flash, i asked him what that was and he refereed me here saying "but theirs lots of porn ads on the sides" being in 6th grade "porn" caught my eye

the fact that this site just absolutely oozes creativity, I've seen some pretty awesome stuff and glad to have witnessed it

I'd like to do something to the current flash submission system to cut down on the spam submitted

the pron ads :C j/k i like it the way it is

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 16:21:50

Ages ago, I've been lurking on here since I was like 12 or so, don't quite remember. It wasn't until a few years ago I noticed that there was an Art Forum that prompted me to make an account.

I like most aspects of the site. It gives me something to do instead of being bored. Plus I get most of my news from kids in the general forum, which is actually pretty sad now that I think of it.

I would probably find a better way to run the art portal than the scouting system :3

I don't have too good a memory, and don't really remember too much about the site pre-redesign. So I'm content with how it is.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 16:22:16

Flash portal

I would change the art portal scouting system.

Blam/Save animations, and, with approval by another mod, animated sigs.

Current PC: Ryzen 5 3600x, Corsair H100i, 16GB RAM, RX 580 Nitro +

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Contest - Free Wings 2009-10-20 16:23:59

Awww, I thought you meant that if I won I could fly.

I don't even eat animals so

BBS Signature