00:00
00:00

Our goal is for Newgrounds to be ad free for everyone! Become a Supporter today and help make this dream a reality!

Why Should Weed Be Legalized?

4,438 Views | 62 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-05 19:01:53

Get educated
btw, how would you pay higher taxes if the government would put a tax on the marijuana being sold?

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-05 19:02:02

At 10/5/09 06:40 PM, Canas wrote: Chances are weed would end up cheaper via government taxation than it is now (roughly 10 dollars per gram)

It's 5/g for swag, 10/g for KB and 20/g for dro.

Because people fucking suck at that shit, and large companies with scientists and researchers and mass-production machines will always make better quality products for cheaper.

I'd still buy from dealer-friends on occasion.

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-05 19:02:04

At 10/5/09 06:53 PM, Canas wrote:
At 10/5/09 06:49 PM, 13oobs wrote: It can cause brain cancer and other head and neck cancers, but no link has been established. That doesn't mean it doesn't.
That is actually exactly what it means

Like Canas said, that is indeed, according to our current knowledge, EXACTLY what it means.
Please educate yourself a bit on how the field of biostatistics works.

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-05 19:09:17

This thread is a barrel of laughs.

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-05 19:10:02

At 10/5/09 06:03 PM, Robotchk12 wrote: Yeah, you're going to spend $35 for a baggie

A full baggie? Sounds good to me.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-05 19:10:16

At 10/5/09 07:01 PM, 13oobs wrote: Get educated
btw, how would you pay higher taxes if the government would put a tax on the marijuana being sold?

NO.
THIS is a scientific source.
Pubmed articles... If your brain can handle it.
Educate yourself properly now.
Don't come back before you find something SIGNIFICANT that shows that the substance described here has worse effects than legally available substances.

Have fun!

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-05 19:15:46

At 10/5/09 07:10 PM, Zanroth wrote:
At 10/5/09 07:01 PM, 13oobs wrote:
Don't come back before you find something SIGNIFICANT that shows that the substance described here has worse effects than legally available substances.

Have fun!

"Increases in marijuana withdrawal discomfort scores and alcohol craving scores from baseline to marijuana abstinence significantly and positively correlated with increases in alcohol use."
*Cough* Gateway *Cough*

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-05 19:26:42

I honestly wouldn't want weed legal. It's more fun of doing it as a "secret" thing or whatever. I love how it is now. Me and my friends get together, and roll up a dutch. It's a nice excuse to get together. And we all put in for our part. But if it's legal..it'd be available all the time. Not as fun =/

Cancer doesn't make you immune to fire? - Kenshi2

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-05 19:48:54

At 10/5/09 06:03 PM, Robotchk12 wrote:

Do you really want super-stoned people stumbling around town? Driving, even?
Make being high in public illegal, same with driving. If cops see someone driving 5mph down the road they stop him, and if he's high he goes to jail. Simple, really.

People will start getting arrested for breaking other laws while high. Yes, don't deny it.

People get arrested for breaking laws while drunk, if you're going to use that argument, why not outlaw alcohol?

Yeah, you're going to spend $35 for a baggie when your man Terrence has his stash for sale at half the store price. Those shady dealers aren't going to go away just because it's legal now, they still want their money.

Yes, but it will more than likely be sold in packs like cigarettes, cheaper than you could get on the streets. And even if they don't, the dealers have to be getting the weed from somewhere, why should they grow their own pot illegally without a license when they could go down to the Coastal and get some?

Steam: Captain Iguana

Xbl: Darth Iguana

PSN: Mayor-Iguana

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-05 19:59:29

At 10/5/09 06:14 PM, Chymeraxe wrote: Oh my fucking god go back to 4chan you cancerous maggot.

Please save the unnecessary angst. Everyone has their take on the situation so you musn't always feel justified to spew your "facts" and "statistics" all over the place. The BBS doesn't need another cellardoor. For the love of christ, CHILLLLL....

Happily ETS'd.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-05 21:57:33

At 10/5/09 06:35 PM, Robotchk12 wrote: It's not like the people who already grow it are going to stop. It's their hobby. They have fun with it. Are you going to stop being a mod because some government-hired dork is becoming a mod?

Weakest argument ever.

Why buy marijuana from sketchy druglords armed with guns when you can buy organic weed from the hippy co-op for cheaper? Hippies who'd be paying local, state, & federal taxes. Hippies who would be as heavily armed and law-abiding as any other small business.

This country needs jobs. This would create jobs overnight, not to mention removing violence and gangs from the picture at a level the war on drugs has never been able to duplicate.

"A witty quote proves nothing."

~Voltaire

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-05 22:01:07

For no reason at all. It just should be. Why does there have to be a reason. It should never have been made illegal in the first place.

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-08 00:13:47

At 10/5/09 09:57 PM, TheShrike wrote: Weakest argument ever.

And yours is any better? I have never once bought cannabis from a "sketchy drug lord". I buy it from Average Joe, the pot dealer. He's nobody special. And he abides just as many laws as anybody else (ignoring those about weed). Honestly, I'd rather buy from a dealer than a commercialized corporation or store. It just feels more natural.

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-08 00:59:40

i agree. these things shoul never be legalized.

"Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world."

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-08 01:02:03

weed is fine, its just a PLANT!!!!! all you are is happy, hungry, sleepy, no big problem!!

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-08 01:09:32

At 10/5/09 06:07 PM, HighWayStar365 wrote: Because it makes you HAPPY!

This!

Sig by LemonSourKid

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-08 01:34:52

Hey shut the fuck up OP who does not know what he speaks about, I need weed because I'm an uncreative bastard who is unhappy and needs to smoke weed then go around telling people how awesome it is and let every one know I am a weed addict even if it means wearing shitty clothes talking to people who don't like me and express my love for bands like Queen, Pink Floyd and the Beatles

Seriously though, it's a natural drug and it makes people happy, as long as they don't be unproductive faggots and ruin society then it should be okay

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-08 01:51:55

In that case, we should make alcohol illegal too huh? I has worse effects, and has no medical purpose, unlike weed.

But then again, I dont believe in the government.... They dont deserve the tax money. You know what, just keep weed illegal.

Vote Green.

Sig by PabMo. Thank you very much.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-08 02:03:39

At 10/5/09 06:49 PM, 13oobs wrote: move on to acid and cocaine.

Oh wow... did you just class acid and coke on the same level? It just shows what a dumbass you are. Acid is not bad in smaller quantities. Obviously, it's bad in large quantities, but then again, so is shoving several cheeseburgers down your throat, like most american fucks do. Anything is bad if you overdose it.

Goddam Hippies

And now we know you are retarded.

Vote Green.

Sig by PabMo. Thank you very much.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-08 02:10:28

Most/all of these points can be made for alcohol.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-17 20:08:33

weed isn't bad. only if you overuse it. I smoke weed but only a few times and it help me relax. No one has ever died from weed. I smoke and my I.Q. is 146 and i get good grades. The wrong people make weed look bad by doing stupid things. I support legalization. Once weed becomes legalized less people will want it because it loses the picture of being cool and illegal. Some studies show somking it could even be beneficial.

Why Should Weed Be Legalized?

FOR THE GLORY OF CHAIRMAN MAO!!!

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-17 20:11:44

Only way to truly know whether we should have it be legal or not is to witness the effects first hand.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-17 20:15:28

if you have any good weed you'll be so stoned you can't do shit right. people would stop blowing all their money on rip off dealers, and if the government sold it they could profit huge because the only cost for growing it is time, water, and packaging(if even that). government out of debt, happy people, so many people do it(i don't but know people who do) anyway the world goes on and we wouldn't be in debt in only a few years.
the biggest problem is that the human race is stubborn. if you raise someone telling them all their life kittens are Satan spawns, they'll believe it. so if people are told that pot is bad all their life, they'll believe it. it's just human nature but honestly pot is no worse than alcohol and since it grows on the earth should be legal.

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-17 20:48:08

At 10/17/09 08:15 PM, crazygiraffe wrote: Some crap.

Couldn't just let it die, could you?

Steam ID: Major Sergeant Johnsonmanberg

It's been a while, hasn't it?

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-17 21:32:53

At 10/17/09 08:11 PM, InnerChild548 wrote: Only way to truly know whether we should have it be legal or not is to witness the effects first hand.

Effects have sort of already been studied.
Just watch this movie
Make sure though that if you are interested, you can watch the rest of the parts as well.

My Opinion: Since when did anybody really have a clue about what they want? This is just like the famous McDonalds case. It's all about the person's choice of how they use the objects. If they abuse the substance, all just for the little sensation of joy that one gets through drinking, marijuana, etc, then I truly believe that they deserve the consequences that they get including addiction. Just don't blame anyone else for your faults. Truthfully, I wish such substances were banned, but like I said before, people just want that small little sensation of getting drunk/high/drugged so badly, that it'll be difficult to ban it. So I can do for now, is teachthe people a little something I would like to call SELF-CONTROL.

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-17 21:37:20

They could just sell it in stores.

In Amsterdam, they sell marijuana in Coffee Shops.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-17 21:41:57

I love weed, I love it. I'm not sure if it should be legalized though, only because once you legalize weed people may start arguing that other drugs should become legal too. I think we got it figured out in Canada, have it illegal so all the old fucks are happy, but have the cops not really give a shit so you can walk down the street a toke on a joint without concern.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-17 21:47:58

we should nuke the world that would solve all problems and get rid of all those fucking faggot pothead shitstains!!!!!!!!!!!!! tehj

cr0mZX: norway sucks teh penor!!!!!

-

cr0mZX: Full of win and kittens! ^_^\

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-17 22:09:22

I love how people still think people will buy from dealers even when its legalized.

Here are some facts, tobacco is much much harder to grow then marijuana, yet you can purchace an ounce of tobacco at most smoke shops for under $7. Marijuana from the best hook ups ever (dealers) will never be less then $150 an ounce because of the illegality and the need to make profit. Once marijuana is legalized large corporations will create huge grow-ops to grow some of the best quality marijuana (Better then what most dealers have due to it being grown professionally and with high quality strains and cured properly) and it will be extremely cheap, a pack of around 20 marijuana cigarettes would cost around $2 (The packaging would end up costing more then the actual marijuana inside the cigarettes) with out tax, even with 800% tax it would be cheaper then buying marijuana from a dealer.

Which would you rather buy?

1. 4 grams of some unknown marijuana that could not even be marijuanna and might be cut short wrapped in some tinfoil

or

2. 4 grams of the highest quality marijuana in the market cured and produced by professionals in a propor thick plastic bag in a safe environment (store) with the assurance that it will be exactly 4 grams, what you payed for.

Just like alcohol which was once illegal marijuana will become legal soon, i guarantee it.

BBS Signature

Response to Why Should Weed Be Legalized? 2009-10-17 22:13:45

It should be legalized under some restrictions for a little while to see how things go...

brb ninjas surrounding house

BBS Signature