00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Knocturne's Art

51,352 Views | 570 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-03-26 22:17:52

At 3/26/10 10:04 PM, Knocturne wrote: Work in progress, almost have all of the details done, then I'm gonna go deeper, maybe, and try to bring out more detail.

That's pretty deeply colored with details so far, I wonder what's gonna be the result :D

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-03-27 08:01:35

you have a unique style, i like it

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-05-09 14:24:27

Experimenting with new mediums, made this Totoro doll for my friend for her birthday.

Gonna start being more active again, I don't think I made an impression on the forums enough for people to notice I was gone but I'm coming back;

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-05-09 14:33:31

At 5/9/10 02:24 PM, Knocturne wrote: Experimenting with new mediums, made this Totoro doll for my friend for her birthday.

Gonna start being more active again, I don't think I made an impression on the forums enough for people to notice I was gone but I'm coming back;

yeah we did, good to have ya back, and i want that doll

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-05-09 17:53:59

At 5/9/10 02:24 PM, Knocturne wrote: Experimenting with new mediums, made this Totoro doll for my friend for her birthday.

I know I already left a review on this, but I absolutely love it man, I would want this for myself.

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-05-09 20:21:12

For sure, gonna do more of those, I'm trying to learn traditional mediums! Bought oil paints today, gonna do stuff.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-05-10 23:13:25

My character Pierrot, trying to define him a bit more, not a serious drawing, more for the battle thread.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-05-10 23:14:57

At 5/10/10 11:13 PM, Knocturne wrote: My character Pierrot, trying to define him a bit more, not a serious drawing, more for the battle thread.

Cool perspective.

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-07 16:53:06

Latest thing I drew...

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-07 16:54:37

At 6/7/10 04:53 PM, Knocturne wrote: Latest thing I drew...

Hooray, you actually posted =D

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-07 16:58:08

Yeah, too bad I have no idea what other threads to post/contribute on haha

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-07 18:38:38

Intresting style. You sure like TVs, don't ya?

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-08 20:31:15

You have an uber cool style! This style kinda reminds of Mindchamber a bit, but at the same time in doesn't. You've finally posted. Is that your character on the Battle Royale? What happened to him? I guess he took a break.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-09 13:35:18

Thanks, being compared to Mindchamber is definitely sweet and I kinda forgot about the forums, I need to keep up!

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-11 13:27:44

THE ROBOTS FOR ROBOT DAY

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-13 02:21:53

Sucky, lame collab I did with this person on DeviantArt (ugh, yucky) well, I just coloured it in, it's for a contest involving creating a pokemon trainer and a team for said trainer. Mine was a guy who uses all magikarp ;P

Only discuss the colouring if you wanna talk about this at all haha

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-13 04:00:16

Weird, sleep-deprived self portrait.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-13 05:43:17

At 6/13/10 04:00 AM, Knocturne wrote: Weird, sleep-deprived self portrait.

And thats how baby anthros are made.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-13 11:02:22

At 6/13/10 04:00 AM, Knocturne wrote: Weird, sleep-deprived self portrait.

Loving this pic. Is that cat way big or are just small. Lovnig that expression.

Art Thread/NG Art - View it. /I love rainbows do you?/

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-13 13:36:22

I actually dunno what gives with the cat or anything I don't really remember drawing that... but that cat looks like the kitten I had that got stolen haha

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-13 14:06:06

Wow...Pierrot might be one of the coolest characters I have seen on NG.
I've always had love for TV Heads....I even wrote a song about them once.

I also really enjoy the bird tattoo. It departs from the usual and I think it will bring an interesting composition to the skin it's on.

The bear you used to call "Kuma"...very nice. I don't think it looks like a Radiohead guy copy at all...your bear is better.

FInally...the Totoro plush.
I have no idea who he is or what he's from, but the fact that you made that by hand is nothing short of astounding to me.
It looks as professional as anything you'd see in a high-dollar toy store.
If you ever do more of these, be sure to post them.
Keep it up, you're definitely going places.

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-13 14:30:42

At 6/13/10 02:06 PM, antiandy wrote: Wow...Pierrot might be one of the coolest characters I have seen on NG.
I've always had love for TV Heads....I even wrote a song about them once.

I also really enjoy the bird tattoo. It departs from the usual and I think it will bring an interesting composition to the skin it's on.

The bear you used to call "Kuma"...very nice. I don't think it looks like a Radiohead guy copy at all...your bear is better.

FInally...the Totoro plush.
I have no idea who he is or what he's from, but the fact that you made that by hand is nothing short of astounding to me.
It looks as professional as anything you'd see in a high-dollar toy store.
If you ever do more of these, be sure to post them.
Keep it up, you're definitely going places.

Wow, so many accolades! Actually I'm planning on doing a plush of that bear and of Pierrot, eventually I'll breach into doing some fan plush of Newgrouonds characters

Post up the song?

Here's what Totoro is supposed to look like, it's from a movie called My Neighbor Totoro and personally I think that movie sucks but the doll was for my friend haha

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-06-13 15:17:36

At 6/13/10 02:30 PM, Knocturne wrote: Wow, so many accolades! Actually I'm planning on doing a plush of that bear and of Pierrot, eventually I'll breach into doing some fan plush of Newgrouonds characters

Dude...seriously...if you make a plush of Pierrot...I will buy it.

Post up the song?

I only wrote the song.
The band that performed it only did it one time and it was live, with no recording.
I should get them to record it now, with the new members and sound...that might be interesting. :P

Here's what Totoro is supposed to look like, it's from a movie called My Neighbor Totoro and personally I think that movie sucks but the doll was for my friend haha

Yeah, I figured it was some sort of anime-type thing, which of course is not really my thing...though I can appreciate the art in a lot of it.
You did a great job capturing the likeness.

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-10-22 19:17:49

Haha I need to stick to posting in the forums. Here's one of the last (non-band related) drawings I did.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-10-23 12:37:53

I finally coloured that Pac-Man drawing

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-10-23 12:40:03

Background for a drawing I drew for my friend's birthday, being able to draw sure does save money on gifts ;D

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-10-23 14:09:24

At 10/22/10 07:17 PM, Knocturne wrote: Haha I need to stick to posting in the forums. Here's one of the last (non-band related) drawings I did.

Oh my god, I love her.
Your style is wonderful, and this drawing is very pretty. I love her face so much. I wish I could nail drawing feminine faces like that.

Some little crits, though: The angle of the floor she's sitting on looks a little weird, and it looks even weirder near the edge. Kind of like the floor is at an incline rather than flat. Perspective is a bitch, so I can very easily understand this mistake, but I still feel like I should point it out. Besides that, her right hand looks unfinished and off, and her right shoulder looks a little strange, too.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-10-23 14:27:44

At 10/23/10 02:09 PM, Luxembourg wrote: Some little crits, though: The angle of the floor she's sitting on looks a little weird, and it looks even weirder near the edge. Kind of like the floor is at an incline rather than flat. Perspective is a bitch, so I can very easily understand this mistake, but I still feel like I should point it out. Besides that, her right hand looks unfinished and off, and her right shoulder looks a little strange, too.

Haha I really didn't notice the unfinshed things, nice catch, as far as perspective, when it comes to real artistic techniques such as perspective I'm quite amateur and I think this is one of my few attempts at getting it right. I'll work on that!

Yeah, anatomy in general is another problem for me (surprise surprise) I've been thinking of referencing things for a while til I can truly understand the human form, is that a good idea? Or do you know a better way?

Thanks for the critique! I really need help haha

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-10-23 14:32:00

Finished version of the drawing for my band, inspired by our song Corso.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2010-10-23 14:34:19

At 10/23/10 02:27 PM, Knocturne wrote:

Yeah, anatomy in general is another problem for me (surprise surprise) I've been thinking of referencing things for a while til I can truly understand the human form, is that a good idea? Or do you know a better way?

Thanks for the critique! I really need help haha

Referencing for each piece you make can be a good way, but it's not necessarily the best way. It doesn't really help you build an eye for it at a good rate. I'd suggest you just practice sketching out the human form in varous poses extensively and that can help a lot.
Try doing this. It offers tons of ways to practice. Lots of people use it to practice.

My Art Thread.

Eeureka! With an exclamation point!

BBS Signature