New Topic Respond to this Topic
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-10-27 23:51:38 Reply

They both have sharp teeth that wrap arounf their faces, that's all. The face is very different to me, I've only gotten tha. The weird thing I've drawn that bear for years and I have heard it being compared to that bear just within the last couple months. I don't get what you mean still.

Oh, I guess I could redo it, but I don't want a realistic space scene, just want it like it enough so when I draw the foreground I can mess with the backgroud to match up in style.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Scipio243
Scipio243
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-10-28 17:56:51 Reply

Not too bad. I like the art style and all that, but I don't like the coloring... just not good color combos in my opinion, but that's just me. Great work other than that though!

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-10-28 18:36:30 Reply

At 10/28/09 05:56 PM, Scipio243 wrote: Not too bad. I like the art style and all that, but I don't like the coloring... just not good color combos in my opinion, but that's just me. Great work other than that though!

For each one? Do you mean the palette I choose or the actual technique? I try different things each time I have to colour so I'm not sure. I actually don't know much about colours, I know the basics about them, complimentary and all that but I have no knowledge of colour logic, thanks for pointing that out.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-10-29 18:30:41 Reply

Random person listening to music.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-02 19:04:00 Reply

Here's a Pico/Alien Hominid sketch for a concept I will never do: Picomon. I thought putting those two into a Pokemon-esque drawing would be funny but eh.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
VisionPie
VisionPie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-02 19:15:30 Reply

At 11/2/09 07:04 PM, Knocturne wrote: Here's a Pico/Alien Hominid sketch for a concept I will never do: Picomon. I thought putting those two into a Pokemon-esque drawing would be funny but eh.

My gosh that's creepy. The pokemon style works well with this peice. Can't wait to see it finished!

Sci-Fi
Sci-Fi
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-03 01:02:41 Reply

As for the train: see below picture, it looks like your going to follow the blue lines, wherease my suggestion would be more along the red lines (quick scetch mind you)

those changes are completely wrong. quick sketch or not...

knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-03 01:58:36 Reply

You are the Tim Burton of art.
That said, it's hard to criticize, since you aren't very consistent.

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-03 11:55:20 Reply

At 11/3/09 01:58 AM, knuxrouge wrote: That said, it's hard to criticize, since you aren't very consistent.

I take that as a compliment. I'm still amateur so I try different things, trying to feel out exactly what I like and what I don't.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
knuxrouge
knuxrouge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-03 14:34:46 Reply

At 11/3/09 11:55 AM, Knocturne wrote:
At 11/3/09 01:58 AM, knuxrouge wrote: That said, it's hard to criticize, since you aren't very consistent.
I take that as a compliment.

Good, because it was.

what happened to this place?
Latest Blog: Chaos Sonic Ch 3 Update.

BBS Signature
Nayhan
Nayhan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-04 07:06:27 Reply

Well pretty much all of your art is awesome, there's not much to critisice.
The only thing I could say really is that you should try as many different styles as you can try using different colours and techniques and try drawing things that that are different to what you usually draw. It'll make you a much more diverse and better artist.
And it could be cool if you tried animating.

don't be late | Collab101 | Australian Users List | Nayhan's actionScript examples > click

Danopus
Danopus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-04 07:38:51 Reply

You are my new favourite artist.

Everything about these is wonderful.

Keep up the good work.

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-04 22:31:46 Reply

At 11/4/09 07:06 AM, Nayhan wrote: And it could be cool if you tried animating.

I'm actually working on an animation, I could post how it looks so far, my lack of animation talent makes it basically mouth animation to limited moving images.

I'm holding off on it at the moment but if you guys really wanna see it, I'll post what I had before I decided to get better at art in general and animating before I continue.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Voice Actor
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-04 23:25:10 Reply

At 11/4/09 10:31 PM, Knocturne wrote: I'm actually working on an animation, I could post how it looks so far, my lack of animation talent makes it basically mouth animation to limited moving images.

Well, that's what a majority of Johnny Utah's flashes are like. Beautiful images, with minimal movement.

CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-06 07:50:14 Reply

At 11/4/09 10:31 PM, Knocturne wrote:
At 11/4/09 07:06 AM, Nayhan wrote: And it could be cool if you tried animating.
I'm actually working on an animation, I could post how it looks so far, my lack of animation talent makes it basically mouth animation to limited moving images.
I'm holding off on it at the moment but if you guys really wanna see it, I'll post what I had before I decided to get better at art in general and animating before I continue.

That's gonna be awesome! To get the hang of animating you should try not to put as much detail into each frame as you would in a picture and just try to get the animation looking smooth. Then once you've pretty much mastered that or have gotten it looking decent add more detail.

And it would be interesing to see whether your animting is as awesome as your art.

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-11 18:35:10 Reply

Trying to decide on a background and a colour for the robot.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-12 01:16:44 Reply

One is passed the sketfching phase, I started a third sketch but I think at this rate I'll only have one of them done because I keep spreading myself too thin, but it's everyone else's fault for making collabs I wanna join.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Scourger9
Scourger9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-12 01:39:34 Reply

I think it's all great! I have yet to capture any ambience im my art as you have in nearly all of your creations. I think that proportions are supposed to be off... it makes it more interesting. But whatever you think needs improvement is up to you. I'm just admiring the color here... I really like the train-in-space thing... Though I don't like the train. Just the space (i'm not very "deep" when it comes to art). Good work! DEFINATELY make more!

What the FUUUDGE!! Lookit my ART!

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-12 02:05:55 Reply

At 11/12/09 01:39 AM, Scourger9 wrote: I think it's all great! I have yet to capture any ambience im my art as you have in nearly all of your creations. I think that proportions are supposed to be off... it makes it more interesting. But whatever you think needs improvement is up to you. I'm just admiring the color here... I really like the train-in-space thing... Though I don't like the train. Just the space (i'm not very "deep" when it comes to art). Good work! DEFINATELY make more!

Thanks a lot, I just want to be able to draw proportionally, it'd be an asset.

Here's an update on the train drawing, yeah I don't know how to draw trains, or mechanical things at all, I'm gonna work on drawing that kind of stuff

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
CloudEater
CloudEater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-12 07:00:29 Reply

At 11/12/09 02:05 AM, Knocturne wrote: Here's an update on the train drawing, yeah I don't know how to draw trains, or mechanical things at all, I'm gonna work on drawing that kind of stuff

The perspective and proportions look heaps good, the front of the train is probably on a bit too much of an angle compared to the carridges behind it, so you should probably rotate the front clockwise a bit. The front engine part looks excellent.

bigjonny13
bigjonny13
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Voice Actor
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-12 08:05:20 Reply

At 11/11/09 06:35 PM, Knocturne wrote: Trying to decide on a background and a colour for the robot.

If it's a steam punk robot, you're gonna want to work with metallic colours, copper and such.

Scourger9
Scourger9
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-12 15:17:08 Reply

Actually, I take back what I said before; the train is looking really good now! Keep it up! I can't wait to see the finished product!

What the FUUUDGE!! Lookit my ART!

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-13 19:44:24 Reply

This character is very important to me, his story has changed multiple times since I created him and so has his look, I am anxiously awaiting the time when I can animate his story.

This is a work in progress, regardless, I present, East.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-14 23:35:46 Reply

The finished product...missing a background but I couldn't think of anything to put in the background.

I used to call that bear Kuma when I was a huge anime fan, but I don't have a name for him anymore, and just because his teeth wrap around his face doesn't mean he is a Radiohead bear rip off, because that is where the resemblance ends and it actually bothers me to get accused of copy-cat-ism.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
kr8to
kr8to
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-14 23:49:45 Reply

i think that you think that your really good at anatomy, skin colors, ect. I suggest you do more studies and less of this stuff, it will help.

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-14 23:52:41 Reply

What studies? Do you mean observational works? I'm not sure what you mean.

I've been working on colours and anatomy because the first couple of critics said I needed to work on it.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
kr8to
kr8to
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-15 01:41:25 Reply

At 11/14/09 11:52 PM, Knocturne wrote: What studies? Do you mean observational works? I'm not sure what you mean.

I've been working on colours and anatomy because the first couple of critics said I needed to work on it.

what have you been using to study anatomy? how often do you do it?

Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-15 01:55:49 Reply

Just get an image of a model (hand, full body or whatever) and draw it as much as I can without looking at my paper too much, this book I bought said you become better at observing if you concentrate on portraying what you see, and don't look at the paper more than you need to.

Sometimes I'll draw outside at this little park near my house.

All in all, I only do it maybe once a week. For the colours of skin, I haven't really done much besides look at various skin tone palettes but I haven't done anything about it.

Right now, I'm trying to learn up about drawing machines and strengthen and impliment perspective.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
Knocturne
Knocturne
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Artist
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-20 14:46:09 Reply

I was trying to find the last swf I exported before my computer crashed and I lost everything, this is the one before that one.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature
JoeTheToucan
JoeTheToucan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Knocturne's Art 2009-11-20 15:46:39 Reply

At 11/14/09 11:35 PM, Knocturne wrote: The finished product.

I like this.
I like it.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature