00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Knocturne's Art

51,319 Views | 570 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-19 15:18:14

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-23 22:51:01

A self portrait I don't particularly hate that's in progress, I should post the dozens of others I did

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-25 18:10:51

Self portrait specifically for JQB's collab, in progress =]

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-26 16:00:44

Drew my band members as astronauts too but only cuz it was fun

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-26 20:56:27

The whole band in space suits cuz I liked drawing myself as a spaceman.

Guess my self-portrait for JQB's collab will be something else

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-26 23:15:58

At 7/26/11 08:56 PM, Knocturne wrote: The whole band in space suits cuz I liked drawing myself as a spaceman.

Very shnazzy.
Gonna colour it?

Please?

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-27 14:58:55

Probably not, the band reacted pretty lukewarmly to it, so I don't like them anymore

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-27 16:28:02

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-28 00:58:59

The product of the stream is an unfinished fan art

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-28 21:11:46

Maybe like 86% finished

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-28 21:44:15

Oh, yeah the sash was his bass strap because I was playing with the idea of drawing out their instruments but then I changed my mind and couldn't erase the charcoal haha

I think if I do go over it digitally I'l; fix the hands and remove the sash

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-28 23:54:05

At 7/28/11 09:44 PM, Knocturne wrote: I think if I do go over it digitally I'l; fix the hands and remove the sash

Looking back on it, I can definitely recognize the band members.
Funny thing is, that you look the least like your character.

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-29 00:41:58

Yeah, I referenced them but I didn't use one for me so I don't look like that guy haha

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-29 02:18:20

Tom drawing update, I'm having trouble at the moment, need to expand the canvas too I think

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-29 03:52:02

At 7/27/11 02:58 PM, Knocturne wrote: Probably not, the band reacted pretty lukewarmly to it, so I don't like them anymore

It's actually kind of ugly..... I'm sorry....

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-29 13:18:39

At 7/29/11 03:52 AM, Iamsofuckingcool wrote:
At 7/27/11 02:58 PM, Knocturne wrote: Probably not, the band reacted pretty lukewarmly to it, so I don't like them anymore
It's actually kind of ugly..... I'm sorry....

I thought so too, but I decided I can fix it digitally so I will =]

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-07-31 18:19:26

Trying a slightly different "style"

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-08-01 22:24:49

Maybe now it's done, I am starting to think I can't finish anything "big" because I always feel like I'm not done and run out of steam

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-08-07 04:22:58

My band has most (or all) of our songs taking place in the so-called Pluto-verse, this being said there three key time periods, the City of Lost Ambitions era, the Bounty era and the Vampire Song era, we are working on using other media to enhance our fans experience by supplying a universe of story (not unlike what the Gorillaz do).

That being said, Rocky is working on a comic to be released in chapters at key "named" shows as part of a "You better go to all of our shows" type deal. He wants me to color the stuff so here's my work in progress.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-08-08 04:16:46

Finished coloring this, all I did was color it, I think I portrayed metal and snow somewhat decently, I tried to do better at texturing.

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-08-08 04:32:43

At 8/8/11 04:16 AM, Knocturne wrote: Finished coloring this, all I did was color it, I think I portrayed metal and snow somewhat decently, I tried to do better at texturing.

Yeah, I'm liking the texture you go going on, liking the piece too but to me it seems that something needs to pop more wether it be the title or the astronaut. Though this is just my opinion.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-08-09 03:10:09

More work on this drawing

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-08-15 17:42:48

I started my CHOW drawing, probably won't finish...

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-08-15 17:48:16

At 8/15/11 05:42 PM, Knocturne wrote: I started my CHOW drawing, probably won't finish...

you know it ends tomorrow right? this looks like it will be a good one, i think you should finish it! want to see how it turns out.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-08-16 02:32:28

I'll finish it, just not tomorrow

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-08-16 19:39:25

POrtrait for JQB's collab, arms/hands came out really wrong

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-08-17 19:18:20

Proto design

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-08-18 08:05:43

I took the liberty or redlining that selfportrait. It's looking really cool, but like you noticed yourself, the hands are a bit of a problem...
My redline is by no means stellar, but it's a quick thing to illustrate my points:
1: fingers have three phalanges (parts), in your drawing you seem to have skipped some of those.

the thumb is an exception with only two phalanges.

2: Hands are arguably the most difficult thing to draw, that's why it helps to sketch a skeleton before you draw them; just draw a rectangle for the palm and lines and dots for the phalanges; this way you keep control over the relative length of the fingers and parts.
3: See how in my redline, the blue lines follow a nice pattern? The fingers and palm follow one curve and the joints in each finger all lie along a number of parallel curves; this gives you're drawing a bit more serenity. In the hand you drew the blue lines are more wiggly, which draws the eye there, it makes it look a bit chaotic...
4: If you are holding something; you normally wouldn't put fingers on top of each other, which is what you did with the middle fingers.
5: as I said, hands are arguably the most difficult thing to draw; but there is one big advantage to drawing hands, you always have your reference nearby; take a picture of you holding a ball are mask and see how you wrap your fingers around it etc...

Disclaimer: I'm by no means an expert on this stuff, but this is how I interpret some of the stuff I picked up, how it's of help to you.

Knocturne's Art

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-08-18 10:51:01

Thanks a lot JQB, I've started over on that drawing, made it look more like me and I'm fixing the hands/arms. I'll post it in a bit hehe

But yes, your red lining was very helpful. I'm gonna draw some hand/feet studies just cuz I think it'd benefit

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to Knocturne's Art 2011-08-19 18:10:27

A wip of two caramel macchiato cheesecakes I'm making, garnishing them with some coconut and...caramel

Knocturne's Art

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature