00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doubles Showdown 7

11,840 Views | 189 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-20 02:28:52

lets start this thread rolling!!!

here is my team (little-eise and me) so team Little-laSS *based on the order of which we did it*

basicly from what i was told... JD from scrubs is having one of his moments when he thinks about a fantastic idea which isnt possible in the real world... but that doesnt stop him dreaming about it...

Dr.Cox's: well there noobie... why dont you just fly over the rainbow and make everything alright...
JD: hmmmmm *dreambubble*

YAY i make a cockjoke... :P

Doubles Showdown 7

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-20 08:01:05

very nice but how many people have done scrubs, just wondering

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-20 10:42:50

At 9/20/09 02:28 AM, LegolaSS wrote: lets start this thread rolling!!!

here is my team (little-eise and me) so team Little-laSS *based on the order of which we did it*

basicly from what i was told... JD from scrubs is having one of his moments when he thinks about a fantastic idea which isnt possible in the real world... but that doesnt stop him dreaming about it...

Dr.Cox's: well there noobie... why dont you just fly over the rainbow and make everything alright...

YAY i make a cockjoke... :P

That's pretty awesome right there, I love JD's little imagination trips XD They are so hilarious!

As for me and idiot-monarch, I might be able to get this done today... it's mostly done, just some bg stuff left & a few honing touches.

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-20 11:40:11

At 9/20/09 02:28 AM, LegolaSS wrote: Dr.Cox's: well there noobie... why dont you just fly over the rainbow and make everything alright...

That'd be well funny if it looked like JD

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-20 12:11:14

Anybody dare share an explanation of who JD is?

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-20 13:16:25

should be finished by tonight if not tomorrow, just need to do details and bg

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-20 13:25:33

I haven't heard from ngmastah since like... thursday, which sucks because I only really have weekends to work on this stuff :(

JD from Scrubs

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-20 14:07:36

about half the teams havent posted here since the beginning, who will actually be finished by thursday?

and legolass lovely picture you got there im guessing you did colouring?

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-20 18:42:40

HI-RES version or something...

Oh yes, team one, status: Ready (I think, I didn't really show this to idiot-monarch yet XD).

We chose... Inglorious Basterds by Quenting Tarantino.
So blood was mandatory!

Doubles Showdown 7

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-21 04:17:34

At 9/20/09 02:07 PM, ashman112 wrote: and legolass lovely picture you got there im guessing you did colouring?

yep... i used 50% aplha colours so you could still see the line work underneath... i didnt want to completey mask the picture... Little-eise did lovley line work so i didnt want to do my own big black line style over the top of it... also i tryed to keep it cartoony with only a few shades... :P... nice work fat-choas... i havent seen the film but it looks good! *your picture that is*

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-21 17:21:01

i said id finish it by the end of today and by god i have
lineart rhunyc
other stuff me
yeah we did scrubs aswell get over it lol

Doubles Showdown 7

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-21 17:26:40

At 9/21/09 05:21 PM, ashman112 wrote: i said id finish it by the end of today and by god i have
lineart rhunyc
other stuff me

*high fives* Team work!!

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-21 18:34:56

At 9/21/09 05:26 PM, Rhunyc wrote:
At 9/21/09 05:21 PM, ashman112 wrote: i said id finish it by the end of today and by god i have
lineart rhunyc
other stuff me
*high fives* Team work!!

yeah whoever says pms are no good for this thing, this is evidence that they are, done completely through pms, glad its to your liking dude

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-21 18:37:57

lineart rhunyc
other stuff me

d-d-double post
forgot to say larger high quality version is on my art page

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-21 19:45:37

I'm throwing in the towel. I've got school going now, which would be alright, but I've had next to no communication with my partner. Maybe another day.

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-22 03:05:42

yeah, I might have to bail too... I have to get the calendar done by Thursday, so I won't have time for anything else at this point. sorry ngmastah :'(

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-22 06:24:53

dropping out? lame...
I have to say I have been lucky with my partners in doubles so far.
I just sent our piece to Kernalphage for a last review, and then Ill probably post it tomorrow...

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-22 07:25:20

its really down to who you get put with... if they can get it done in time and are online most days then its fine...

Scrubs FTW!!!

nice work there....

also... poor ranaenaenaenaennaeeeeiiii and her other commitments... mabey next time :3

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-22 14:17:57

Great stuff so far, everyone! Sad to hear about the dropping out :( there's always next time eh? I find it pretty funny that two teams already have done the same show, but it is pretty interesting to see how different teams handle the same subject.

Anyhoo, hopefully the rest of the teams are finishing up! Deadline is still Thursday at 11:59 PM!

Also, anyone who has an idea for the next doubles, shoot me a PM! Not to give it away, but the idea I had for it is Happy Birthday Art Forum! (Even though it is a little bit late, I think ReNaeNae said it was around the 16th) But I wanted to make a thread for it anyways, and I think it might end up being a pretty good theme, whaddya say?

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-22 16:19:08

I find myself working a lot slower than usual.
This is going to be a close call, and I think I'll skip the next one to shatter this art block first.

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-23 10:44:26

At 9/22/09 02:17 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote:
is Happy Birthday Art Forum! (Even though it is a little bit late...)

hmm... it would be a hard topic to do... its a fourm... unless your going to start drawing people who use it its very hard to picture something to congraz a fourm... :S... that been said... im sure the creative minds off newgrounds would be able to come up with something... il send you a list when i have time for intresting ideas for doubles...

>:3

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-23 11:12:55

At 9/22/09 02:17 PM, AwesomeSaurus wrote: Also, anyone who has an idea for the next doubles, shoot me a PM!

Well, here's an idea. (completely ignoring the fact you'd want a PM... ;D) How about doing like an official movie poster for any series on NG? :3

Like, a typical movie poster, where you can see the gist of an entire movie (in this case, series) from one picture. :)

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-23 13:56:04

At 9/23/09 11:12 AM, Rhunyc wrote:
Well, here's an idea. (completely ignoring the fact you'd want a PM... ;D) How about doing like an official movie poster for any series on NG? :3

Like, a typical movie poster, where you can see the gist of an entire movie (in this case, series) from one picture. :)

Ooooooo! I'm liking this idea! Could even do it for the games, this could have a good turnout. I can already picture a great mastermind one in my head!

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-23 14:47:38

Ooooooo! I'm liking this idea! Could even do it for the games, this could have a good turnout. I can already picture a great mastermind one in my head!

O.K., can i enter the next one providing i don't get paired up with AngryGlacier, we've been paired up twice and never finish. Not that i don't like him.

Drink tea and fuck bitches.

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-23 14:50:44

hmm posters yh i guess so they have posters for games to dont they, yh im sure
sign me up for the next one while your at it

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-23 17:18:35

MARTOONI
lineart by Kernalphage
Coloring by J-qb
FULL SIZE RECOMMENDED! (<more like 25% of full size, but it should be big enough!)

Doubles Showdown 7

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-23 17:26:48

At 9/23/09 05:18 PM, J-qb wrote: MARTOONI
lineart by Kernalphage
Coloring by J-qb
FULL SIZE RECOMMENDED! (<more like 25% of full size, but it should be big enough!)

Ha ha ha, solid submission guys.

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-23 17:44:12

Here is our piece. Poor DooDoo has been very busy but he still found the time :)
Linework by the gentleman DooDooMeat
Color by me
Dirty Job logo... Some guy (or lady)..

ps. I have no idea what it is that Mika is covered in, but it works :P

Doubles Showdown 7

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-23 17:46:48

At 9/23/09 05:44 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: drunken ramblings..

High res btw

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-23 18:02:56

At 9/23/09 05:44 PM, Lundsfryd wrote: Here is our piece. Poor DooDoo has been very busy but he still found the time :)
Linework by the gentleman DooDooMeat
Color by me
Dirty Job logo... Some guy (or lady)..

ps. I have no idea what it is that Mika is covered in, but it works :P

Nice work guys, but that white stuff is kinda creeping me out.... puss-baby anyone?

BBS Signature