00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MagDeWarrior just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Doubles Showdown 7

11,839 Views | 189 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 01:01:32

Alrighty, folks! With the closing of Doubles 6, it is time for yet another showdown to begin. I must request that YOU READ ALL THE RULES THAT ARE TO FOLLOW!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Number 1 ultimate rule: PLEASE BE SERIOUS ABOUT JOINING!
- This is because you are not alone in your participation, but you must think that without you, your partner is sure to fail. This is unfair to them if you end up crapping out. The set 2 week time limit is generous enough that you can complete a piece, even if you live in separate time zones.

2 - All entrants will be screened. Thats right! Not to be a stalker, but I will be looking through everyones profile/posts to find some of your artwork to gauge your ability/dedication to actual effort. This is not to be cruel, and I am not looking for the next Da Vinci, but to assure that the #1 ultimate rule stays intact. If you have not been selected to join, you will be notified via PM. If there is enough people who have been "ousted" I may use these people in another random team drawing among themselves, as long as there are no objections. Take note that your partner may be unreliable/a stick figure spammer, but if you are included in this category, we will go over it in PM's.

3 - This is to promote cooperation, create a great collaboration piece, and make new friends! Have fun with the project; be competitive, but don't get carried away/bitch at your partner. It is necessary to use an instant messenger client, e-mail, or at the very least the Newgrounds PM system (which you can provide links to your .psd/.fla/.etc file on megaupload or some other hosting site) You need to be able to communicate, and if you are not cool with that, then why would you want to participate in a collaboration project anyway?

4 - IMPORTANT! - If you do not make respond to your partner within 3 days after teams are sorted, YOU ARE SUBJECT TO LOSE YOUR PARTNER! Let me know if you have extenuating circumstances, but make contact ASAP. If you are left partnerless, you will be put into a re-draw. This is a double check against the #1 ultimate rule!
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Here are some familiar rules that also apply:

Photoshop, Flash, Painter, Gimp, and other art programs are a must, unless you are an exquisite MSpaint artist, or have a scanner/digital camera.
- It is recommended that you provide a link to a higher quality image
- Once you know who your partner is, PM them with your contact info (Instant Messanger, e-mail, etc.)
you another partner, but I really am hoping this doesn't happen.
- Abide by all NG art forum and site rules
- BOTH artists must contribute!
- Give a description of what it is, and who did what in your piece!
- - - - - -
Okay, so now that all that good stuff is outta the way. Here's how it works!

Until Sunday, September 6th, at 11:59 PM US Eastern time, you are to post in this thread letting me know that you are "in." On Monday the 7th, I will write down the entrants onto tiny little pieces of paper, crumple the hell out of them, and throw them into a hat. I will then be picking the teams at total random! Don't bitch about your partner please.

From that Monday the 7th, you have until Monday, September 21st, 11:59 PM US eastern time. to complete your team's piece.
- - - - - - -
Now to the Theme of this Showdown!
Live action to illustration!

- Here's what I mean: Take any non-cartoon TV show or movie, and illustrate how it would look as a cartoon, OR if you don't want to be cartoony, make a caricature or the character(s), or depict them in their environment doing whacky stuff etc. This has endless possibilities, you can pretty much do whatever you want as long as it isn't just a portrait of the characters. Think outside the box, and be passive about what show you are doing. The hardest part may just be agreeing with your partner on a topic. Remember that this is about the art, but it will help if it is a show/movie you are both familiar with, as you can get more creative.

If you think I forgot something, or have a quarrel with some of the rules, feel free to shoot me a PM and I will try and straighten it out.

*PHEW!* Thats a lot of stuff! If you actually took the time to read all of it, I greatly appreciate your time! On to the results business:

- - - - - - - - -
Doubles 6: Comic Pages results! (from when voting actually ended)

In a tie for third place, it is Zanroth & Sockembop, and MeMB & Ngmastah!

In second place, Daniel123297 & big-jonny-13!

And your winner of Doubles 6, ReNaeNae and J-qb! (see attached)

A great job to all the participants, and hopefully we have a few more this time!
- - - - - - - - -

Characters remaining: 3,326. Gosh.

Doubles Showdown 7

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 01:46:01

woO! Congrats to all the winners!

lol, that would be everyone that participated!!

...and yay for J-qb and me! :D

also... I'm in! :P

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 03:28:37

I would like to joing :)

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 03:32:45

yeah, i feel bad about quitting the last one too, but with my nan in hospital i couldn't keep up so i had to drop out, i guess i'll try again if nobody minds

Drink tea and fuck bitches.

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 06:01:55

At 9/3/09 01:55 AM, angryglacier wrote: I'm in, I feel really bad on the last one so I'll try really hard on making a image and not let my doubles showdown partner down.

I'll join if he stops acting all emo!

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 06:17:12

Ill definitely join this one (if I get through the screening process....)

Also, I suggest that poeple who do not have access to an IM program set up a box.netaccount.
It works wonders in sharing your files/wips

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 08:13:59

sign me up

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 09:02:28

Suuuuuuure, why not? :3

Count me in.

"People could care less about you, what people really care about though, is the image of you. The idea of you."

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 11:30:20

I want to play!

Like me on the FaceBook :D

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 11:33:55

Haha, cool man!

So, can I join mister?

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 13:09:43

Ah, I've had a nice "empty" slot for a project like this, so... sign me up.

Sure, we all share one thing. We will all die sooner or later. Thank god.

My art thread, starting from pg 18

See all my crap in larger, smexier images! (DeviantArt)

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 13:25:03

I dunno if I'm going to be in this one or not. It was either 4 or 5 I participated in, and we went through a lot of work, yet the thread died (that was the game characters one I think. We did Spyro, that's all I remember).

Maybe. I'll give a definite answer later. Great topic though!

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 13:26:43

At 9/3/09 11:30 AM, DooDooMeaT wrote: I want to play!

You are back.. Where have you been all this time..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 14:53:58

wow nice comic

Newgrounds Rocks Like A Mother F**ker

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 15:03:44

Yeah, i'll definately be able to join, my clicking fingers been broken for a while and the doctors should be giving me the all-clear tommorow. This'll probably be my first art piece with a working finger for a while.

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 16:48:55

yh sure i know i messed up last time but put me in

begin the background check

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 17:12:11

I'm in! I already have an idea for this project that will blow the pants off of everyone!

It's top secret!

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-03 19:03:33

I'm in! (use my DA if you're checking, i haven't posted art here in awhile)

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-04 04:00:20

im in i hope i pass rule numer 2

keep ur friggen eyelids down

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-04 10:06:56

At 9/4/09 04:00 AM, gassyturtle wrote: im in i hope i pass rule numer 2

How about obeying rule number one for a change.

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-04 10:19:52

At 9/4/09 10:06 AM, Zanroth wrote:
How about obeying rule number one for a change.

Touché.

This is going to be great. I don't have any awesome ideas for the theme yet though.

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-04 14:18:53

Woo! Second place. This time Im going for fiiiiirst!

I ran. I ran until my muscles burned, and my veins pumped battery acid. Then I ran some more.

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-04 18:19:55

So... for clarification, do you mean something like this? Drawing them in a 'cartoony' style/situation?

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-04 19:12:40

I'm totally in man.

PM me if you think I am good at MS paint. PMs: 9 Newest By:

darkspartan000 Siggy, made by ME :3

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-04 20:10:39

At 9/4/09 06:19 PM, kernalphage wrote: So... for clarification, do you mean something like this? Drawing them in a 'cartoony' style/situation?

Precisely! Well, to say that is at least one way to go about it. You can also digital paint rather than vector, but this is definitely a choice. I mean there should be more work put into it, with a background and items relating to the show, but this is a great start. I think that the more little details that pertain to the show/movie the better.

I hope my teammate likes the same show I want to do so baddd.

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-05 05:03:38

I hope (if i get in) to get a partener who likes violent stuff.

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-05 11:32:43

Looking good, we have quite a selection of people already... can't wait to see who's unfortunate enough to get to work with me (unless I get turned down, of course!).

So far, personally... there's only 1 person here who I refuse to work with... >;D

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-05 11:44:08

So far, personally... there's only 1 person here who I refuse to work with... >;D

Who!?!?
Is it me!?!?
Please say it's not me!!!

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-05 12:39:45

At 9/5/09 11:32 AM, Fatchaos wrote: So far, personally... there's only 1 person here who I refuse to work with... >;D

Hey there buddy.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Doubles Showdown 7 2009-09-05 20:40:40

At 9/5/09 11:44 AM, fishboy121 wrote:
Who!?!?
Is it me!?!?
Please say it's not me!!!

... No, it's not you...
Why would I refuse to work with you? XD

BBS Signature