00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

GRIM - art collab

29,493 Views | 494 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-10-31 23:39:13

At 10/31/09 11:34 PM, Lundsfryd wrote:

Biggest crit in my eyes is that I think it is a shame to use non-NG music for the collabs. Even though the song fitted perfectly.

Yeah, now that you mention it, that would have been awesome if there had been Newgrounds music.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-10-31 23:48:52

At 10/31/09 11:42 PM, flyingmonkey456 wrote: the graveyard (rejected submissions).

That is a pretty nice idea..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-10-31 23:51:07

It's a funny idea to put rejected submissions in. Kinda mean though, even if they have a clever section name.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-11-01 02:01:46

Looks pretty good, nice job everyone who participated.

The Game.

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-11-01 07:56:22

Hey guys, well done on putting this thing together... I agree with some of the points which have been mentioned. I cant see the 38th submission... it wont go to the next one from 37...
Also, it gets laggy when you quickly browse through the submissions, maybe you could do something to fix that.

also: I received a pm that I was going to be coautored, and ace is on my flash buddies list, but im not coauthored.... :s

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-11-01 08:43:20

At 10/31/09 11:51 PM, Knocturne wrote: It's a funny idea to put rejected submissions in. Kinda mean though, even if they have a clever section name.

Haha, we're so evil. It also has some old logos and wips. It's somewhat 'The crappy stuff that happened during the making of..." section. But that's not as catchy. You'll have to see what's in there when it's released.

At 11/1/09 07:56 AM, J-qb wrote: Hey guys, well done on putting this thing together... I agree with some of the points which have been mentioned. I cant see the 38th submission... it wont go to the next one from 37...

That's because the first few pictures don't label themselves apparently. It's an easy fix. There are 38 total.

Anyway, awesome job everybody! You all did great work! You too Ace and Monkey!

But I'm still sad my art wasn't added... :(

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-11-01 09:48:42

i just realised theres art missing, jonnys first one, renaenaes other two pieces, probably some more, also the loading looks better now less empty space, i just want the eggs so get crackin

haha eggs, crackin lol

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-11-01 10:22:51

At 11/1/09 09:48 AM, ashman112 wrote: i just realised theres art missing, jonnys first one, renaenaes other two pieces, probably some more, also the loading looks better now less empty space, i just want the eggs so get crackin

haha eggs, crackin lol

Hey, you're right. Glad I'm not the only one with art MIA. Good catch

Oh, and nice pun.

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-11-01 12:49:40

At 11/1/09 12:45 PM, flyingmonkey456 wrote:
also j-qb, ace has a bit of a grudge against you for what you said on page 14 :P

haha he only said his shading wasnt very good, did that hurt his ego cause hes not the best artist sorry to say

and im gunna get kicked off the collab for that

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-11-01 12:51:13

At 11/1/09 12:45 PM, flyingmonkey456 wrote:
At 11/1/09 07:56 AM, J-qb wrote: also: I received a pm that I was going to be coautored, and ace is on my flash buddies list, but im not coauthored.... :s
there were some coauthoring misunderstandings between me and ace, some people got coauthored who weren't supposed to and some people who were supposed to didn't. sorry to anyone who was expecting to be coauthored, but we'd rather not cause any more disappointment by messing with the coauthors now.
also j-qb, ace has a bit of a grudge against you for what you said on page 14 :P

ah well, that clears things up.... so basically this grudge basically means I cant be coauthored, but you do use my art... good to have that straigtened up.
at ace: I`m sorry if I hurt your feelings, but telling poeple that someday they will be as good as you is just begging for it.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-11-01 12:59:10

At 11/1/09 12:45 PM, flyingmonkey456 wrote: there were some coauthoring misunderstandings between me and ace, some people got coauthored who weren't supposed to and some people who were supposed to didn't.

I'm particularly sensitive to the whole co-author thing... who was told they'd get it and didn't? and who got it but shouldn't have? or did you promise more spots than you had? Taking an "Oh well, we screwed up so we'll just leave it" attitude is bullshit. This needs to get fixed.

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-11-01 13:05:59

I gave it 5 stars :D

I'm glad I could be a part of something that turned out so good.

Also I agree with the feminine former art mod, its not like it takes all that long to change it or anything.

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-11-01 13:58:13

At 11/1/09 12:59 PM, ReNaeNae wrote:
I'm particularly sensitive to the whole co-author thing... who was told they'd get it and didn't? and who got it but shouldn't have? or did you promise more spots than you had? Taking an "Oh well, we screwed up so we'll just leave it" attitude is bullshit. This needs to get fixed.

I was promised a spot, it was out of the blue and everything and I don't really want it to be a big deal. Though, being told I was gonna get co-authoired and then seeing I wasn't was kinda like getting dumped over the phone, via voice mail, at a surprise party for you, since it's your birthday and everyone waiting to surprise you heard the long break-up message.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-11-01 14:31:33

At 11/1/09 02:07 PM, flyingmonkey456 wrote: sorry for the double post, but i think, knocturne, that you were accidentally replaced with m-vero. i'm not entirely sure though. m-vero, did you recieve a message saying that you were going to be coauthored?

so anyone who got a pm about being co-authored was meant to be, i got a pm and have still got it for proof, but those who just got the buddy request but no pm werent meant to be, you guys need to be more organised

Response to GRIM - art collab 2009-11-01 14:39:43

At 11/1/09 02:07 PM, flyingmonkey456 wrote: sorry for the double post, but i think, knocturne, that you were accidentally replaced with m-vero. i'm not entirely sure though. m-vero, did you recieve a message saying that you were going to be coauthored?

no you guys all got the letter i made and sent on a list the monkey provided me with before i sent out and i was to busy and stressed to count how many people were on that list he made.

At 11/1/09 12:51 PM, J-qb wrote:
ah well, that clears things up.... so basically this grudge basically means I cant be coauthored, but you do use my art... good to have that straigtened up.
at ace: I`m sorry if I hurt your feelings, but telling poeple that someday they will be as good as you is just begging for it.

i know im sorry but i wasnt who chose co-authors though and even if i was that wouldnt factor in ive gotten over it, mainly it was telling me my art is shoddy when i spend hours on each one. there were one to many who got the message i had to send and on one of those or so i didnt get a message back. if i could id give up my spot and let another person in who got the message.

sorry everyone but dont get all angry at me its not my fault for the list its my fault for not counting out the list before messaging everyone.

my friends list

join this site trust me youll love it.

join the best steam server site out there -interhax - for all your gmod and game needs

BBS Signature