00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW

15,804 Views | 301 Replies

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 06:45:53

At 8/21/09 09:15 PM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 8/21/09 08:45 PM, BrockManson wrote: They can fuck right off. I'll eat whatever the fuck I want.

Do they check every single packet of chicken for poop? You can't make such sweeping generalised statements without being able to back them up.

I cannot stand people who impose their beliefs upon others. They don't occupy a moral highground because they don't eat meat at all, they're just idiots.
I think it's usually e.coli. And to be fair, that can be found in veggies too. Just got to make sure you wash your food.

It's funny how you think you're rebelling by eating meat. You're doing exactly what you've been conditioned to do and what people expect you to do. Especially if you drink milk. You're sooo mainstream.

I'm interested in knowing why you think people who abstain from consuming meat are idiots. Please enlighten me.

You misunderstand me. I'm firmly of the opinion that people can eat whatever they want, be they carnivores, omnivores or herbivores. That's perfectly fine, you can survive on all 3 diets, everyone's a winner.

I don't think people who abstain from eating meat are idiots though. It's the people like that in the video who feel that they are morally right for not eating meat who really annoy me. Who are they to say that eating meat is wrong? You see what I'm saying?

I don't go up to someone eating a salad and say "That's wrong, our bodies are designed to eat meat, wtf are you doing?" That's pretty much exactly what these representatives of PETA are doing with this video; they're walking up to me and my steak dinner, and telling me my food is dirty, morally wrong and bad for me. I'm 20 years old; I know perfectly well what I'm eating, I spend money I've earned working on my food, I'll buy whatever I want. That's not rebelling at all, it's eating what I want.

I'll eat anything that tastes good, so yes, every now and then I'll have tofu instead of beef or chicken, but not because I think eating meat is wrong and disgusting, it's because I like to try different things. I'm not going to eat tofu because some vegan prick who most likely doesn't shower thinks my steak is dirty. If they don't like it, stick to their food, and I'll stick to mine.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 06:50:17

It's PETA. IGNORE IT.

;){____/| Anime Reviews /|\ Actually an '06er /|\ New Short Story! More to come. |\ ____}(;

BBS Signature

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 06:57:13

I find this movie more compelling. (also NSFW)

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!

Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.

Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 06:57:53

Hmmmm, I just feel like a nice, juicy, meaty big mac right now.

Bla

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 06:59:41

also, this. (sorry for double post)..

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 06:59:49

At 8/22/09 06:40 AM, kaywire wrote:
That was mainly concentraiting on the cruelty not the food.

It's all about cruelty, even when it comes to the food. They overfeed chickens till they can't support their own legs just to get a plumper bird.

They restrict pigs to coffin sized boxes and their piglets will be on the other side just able to suckle but poor mum can't move. They basically do the same with chickens, put about 2 or 3 in a container just larger then a shoebox so they can fit more into their warehouses.

It's not fucking right how these poor animals live, let alone how they die.

Of course you can just assume that it's only a select few but it really isn't.

I would urge people to always buy range free eggs and to get their meat locally, not from some big superstore, even if it is cheaper. It never taste as good anyway.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:03:41

At 8/22/09 06:59 AM, Gagsy wrote: Of course you can just assume that it's only a select few but it really isn't.

I would urge people to always buy range free eggs and to get their meat locally, not from some big superstore, even if it is cheaper. It never taste as good anyway.

I see where your coming from...People protest and protest but at the end of the day the answer is : Its life.

Right ?

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:06:09

At 8/22/09 07:04 AM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 8/22/09 06:57 AM, Alphabit wrote: Hmmmm, I just feel like a nice, juicy, meaty big mac right now.
Does every person who says this really think they are edgy or funny? Talk about something being overdone and unoriginal!

"Oh shit dude, it totally hurts my feelings that you enjoy eating meat."

Ughhhhh.

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:08:03

At 8/22/09 07:03 AM, kaywire wrote:
I see where your coming from...People protest and protest but at the end of the day the answer is : Its life.
Right ?

That's exactly the kind of attitude I mentioned to begin with -

Lazy.

Just because it's easy doesn't make it right.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:10:25

At 8/22/09 06:57 AM, Sensationalism wrote: It's not like tofu is just for vegetarians. It's cool that you eat it though. I don't eat it very much but I did make some the other night that was delicious. Oh, and vegetarians don't eat salad all the time either. ;-)

My GF made us some vegan version of vol-au-vent and it was one of the best things I've ever eaten. I've also eaten some other vegan recipes (amongst others houmous) and they were really good. Being vegan can still mean having tasty meals.
However, it's still weird to ban meat completely, because it still tastes good.

I do pity the raw, gluten-free vegans, though. They can't eat honey, eggs, milk. They can't eat anything that has ever been processed, so no sauces and warm/frozen stuff. They can't eat any rice or pasta, or nuts because of the gluten. Those are the people who have to satisfy with a plate of salad and fruit. That is all discipline, really.

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:13:36

So how many of those reasons were actually valid and not born from Peta's arrogance and dumbassery?

BBS Signature

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:16:39

At 8/22/09 07:13 AM, Dezimo wrote: So how many of those reasons were actually valid and not born from Peta's arrogance and dumbassery?

Just look at stuff like this for real reasons to be vegetarian.

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:20:56

At 8/22/09 07:08 AM, Gagsy wrote:
At 8/22/09 07:03 AM, kaywire wrote:
Right ?
That's exactly the kind of attitude I mentioned to begin with -

Lazy.

Just because it's easy doesn't make it right.

I dint say it was right, I just said its Life.

If you get put in a cage with a tiger and he nails you and eats you...That wouldnt be fair would it ?

But its life...

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:22:07

At 8/22/09 07:20 AM, kaywire wrote: If you get put in a cage with a tiger and he nails you and eats you...That wouldnt be fair would it ?

But its life...

Humans aren't tigers.

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:22:58

At 8/22/09 06:57 AM, Sensationalism wrote:
At 8/22/09 06:45 AM, BrockManson wrote:
No, I don't think humans can survive on a carnivorous diet. They'd get scurvy or something pretty quickly I imagine. But yes, people should be allowed to eat what they want.

Yeah, and who's to say torture or murder or stealing is wrong?? No, I don't get you there. I think it is morally better to try to diminish suffering and to show love and kindness for our fellow creatures of the Earth. Do I look down upon people who do eat meat? No, not at all.

An ad that you clicked on and watched willingly? I don't see how that relates to someone harassing another person while they are eating. You did choose to go to the site with a good idea of what it was.

It's not like tofu is just for vegetarians. It's cool that you eat it though. I don't eat it very much but I did make some the other night that was delicious. Oh, and vegetarians don't eat salad all the time either. ;-)

Torture, murder and stealing are a little different to eating meat wouldn't you say?

Don't get me wrong, PETA can put out as many ads as they want, but this is bullshit propaganda, that isn't even based on any facts. It's just scaremongering by people who think they're better because of their diet. As this thread has shown, they only succeed in alienating people, and looking like complete idiots. There is no structured debate in the advert, a large portion of it is just lies. Whether I chose to watch it or not is irrelevant; I watched it and have come to the conclusion that the advert only hinders their cause, not aid it.

My girlfriend is a vegetarian so I cook quite a few vegetarian meals for the two of us. I've grown quite fond of tofu (I only really started cooking with it because I hate quorn). But I still think it's important to have meat as a part of your diet, simply because it's easier to gain the protein and iron etc that you need to stay healthy than if you were vegetarian/vegan.

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:24:01

At 8/22/09 07:22 AM, AngryBanana wrote:
At 8/22/09 07:20 AM, kaywire wrote: If you get put in a cage with a tiger and he nails you and eats you...That wouldnt be fair would it ?

But its life...
Humans aren't tigers.

But we are still animals, We still eat meat...plus vegetables but that doesnt matter.

If your dead it wouldnt matter, Its mainly comes back to the " Survival of the fitest "

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:26:04

At 8/22/09 07:24 AM, kaywire wrote: But we are still animals, We still eat meat

We're animals that are smart enough to realize we don't need to.

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:27:03

At 8/22/09 07:16 AM, AngryBanana wrote:
At 8/22/09 07:13 AM, Dezimo wrote: So how many of those reasons were actually valid and not born from Peta's arrogance and dumbassery?

3 You can put more money in your mutual fund. Replacing meat, chicken and fish with vegetables and fruits is estimated to cut food bills by an average of $4,000 a year.

My personal experience is that being vegan is more expensive. Vegan meat replacers tend to cost a lot more than regular ol' meat and to acquire the right amount of vegetables to attain your daily advised callories is also a lot more. Even if a cucumber costs half the cost of a steak, the amount of cucumber needed evens out the drop of cost. add to this that it is also healthier to choose biovegetables rather than industrial vegetables. And bio is expensive.

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:28:57

At 8/22/09 07:26 AM, AngryBanana wrote:
At 8/22/09 07:24 AM, kaywire wrote: But we are still animals, We still eat meat
We're animals that are smart enough to realize we don't need to.

But it tastes good !, Plus it is very Bilogicaly Valuable, It has most of the things you need to make you a stronger healthier person. While when you eat vegies all the time there could be alot of down sides.

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:33:22

At 8/22/09 07:16 AM, AngryBanana wrote:

That list wasn't without it's own stupid reasons and assumptions but at least a few of them actually made sense!

Personally i don't think being a vegetarian is going to solve anything, I'm more concerned about how the animals are treated while they're still alive :/

BBS Signature

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:34:39

At 8/22/09 07:28 AM, kaywire wrote:
But it tastes good !, Plus it is very Bilogicaly Valuable, It has most of the things you need to make you a stronger healthier person. While when you eat vegies all the time there could be alot of down sides.

Scientific studies show that vegans are healthier and one can conclude that we don't really need the meat, even eating meat is more a tradition/luxury than a necessity. One could compare meat t cigarettes...

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:39:28

At 8/22/09 07:28 AM, kaywire wrote: But it tastes good !,

Which is really all it comes down to.

Plus it is very Bilogicaly Valuable, It has most of the things you need to make you a stronger healthier person.

http://www.pcrm.org/health/veginfo/veget arian_foods.html

While when you eat vegies all the time there could be alot of down sides.

If you're dumb and don't know how to manage your diet correctly.

At 8/22/09 07:33 AM, Dezimo wrote: That list wasn't without it's own stupid reasons and assumptions but at least a few of them actually made sense!

True. Was just trying to find something that wasn't total PETA sensationalism (lol : D).

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 07:56:48

At 8/22/09 07:39 AM, AngryBanana wrote:
At 8/22/09 07:28 AM, kaywire wrote: But it tastes good !,
Which is really all it comes down to.

I beg to differ :

"It is well established that eating meat improves the quality of
nutrition, strengthens the immune system, promotes normal growth and
development, is beneficial for day-to-day health, energy and
well-being, and helps ensure optimal learning and academic
performance"

Tell me this are you a vegan ? If so...then i guess its your choice, its your life.
If not, Why the fuck are you giving me this bullshit if you yourself go against it.

Anyways I would life to live a normal lifestyle and enjoy my life with different types of meat cooked in loads if different delicious ways.

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 08:00:12

At 8/22/09 07:53 AM, Sensationalism wrote:
Oh, growing your own fruits and veggies is a good idea too. Organic, (possibly) pesticide-free, and cheap!

Can you manage that without needing a greenhouse and a large yard to grow stuff in? I can get that you at least need a patch for your vegetables and to have apples you need at least a full grown tree.
On the countryside, no biggie. In the city however...
(fortunately, we get free organic vegetables from my inlaws farm)

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 08:03:43

PETA should really focus it's attention more on tackling animal cruelty and promoting free range stuff. That and reducing animal euthanasia in animals they look after. I don't like being told what to do by hypocrites atleast.

I really don't like being told not to eat meat and being compared to a Nazi German when I do mostly eat free range produce. It's just another PETA video that everybody has seen before. They're just becoming regular viral shock videos.

meat is awesome anyway.

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 08:05:35

At 8/22/09 08:01 AM, Sensationalism wrote: I live a normal lifestyle and enjoy my life with different types of foods prepared in many different delicious ways. All while being vegan.

A get a bigger variety of foods than you do.

Plus when you walk in to a restaurant it sucks to see that only a small part of the menu is for vegies right ?

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 08:07:25

At 8/22/09 08:05 AM, nazmdeh wrote: That video was utter horse shit.

'Because meat makes you fat'.
Probably the most fucking retarded reason to become a vegetarian, I have ever heard.

I totaly agree, Makes you fast ? Where the fuck did this come from.

I eat meat and i am not fat all infact i have a six pack showing. ( I hate summer...its going to go away soon )

Anyways i have freinds who are vegies and a few of them are fat.

The onlly rationaly explanation is there were traces on meat on there vegetables.

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 08:08:49

At 8/22/09 08:06 AM, Frank-The-Hedgehog wrote: Wow, you guys are all so hardcore, eating steak like a REAL MAN!

It can just be me, but my sis in law raised a good point: As meat eaters we tend to eat only the good parts. Why don't we eat the more disgusting parts if it is our call of nature anyway? (like organ meat and all)

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 08:12:25

Fine it may be peta.
This is why im turning vegetarian.
i dont really know if its NSFW lol
but fuck it. im a vegetarian now.

Response to 15 reasons to be a vegetarian NSFW 2009-08-22 08:15:32

Those clips were very amusing to me. When I saw the pig falling I'm like "Yeah, I'll be a vegetarian when pigs fly...(scene)...shit."

Hewo

BBS Signature