00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Dunso just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NInt3ndo Art Collab

53,189 Views | 747 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-03 03:51:34

At 9/3/09 03:26 AM, JKAmovies wrote:
At 9/3/09 03:25 AM, JKAmovies wrote: @LinaInverseFan - Sorry. . . but it kinda looks as if you didn't draw that Kirby =/
Sorry. . . looks as if you traced it a bit.

Yeah that is the image I used as a model, but I do not trace ever. Besides its a fanart, I understand you want as original as possible, but I am not that good of an artist, yet anyway. I am working on getting better.

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-03 04:04:43

I do not know why... but I am getting this really creepy vibe...
You do not want me in the collab, do you?

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-03 07:51:50

I've noticed a lot of recent images with white backgrounds... do they not need to be transparent anymore?

"I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future... I consume time... And I will consume you!"

- Culex

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-03 08:17:03

At 9/3/09 07:51 AM, Nergali wrote: I've noticed a lot of recent images with white backgrounds... do they not need to be transparent anymore?

well, You can only post jpg on the forum (and gif, but gif sucks ass) and jpg doesnt support transparent backgrounds.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-03 09:06:09

Well here is a jpg image of an obscure nintendo boss. Hopefully its appearance won't change when it transfers from GIMP to here.

NInt3ndo Art Collab

"I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future... I consume time... And I will consume you!"

- Culex

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-03 21:22:43

@Nergali- I actually really like this one. . . Dunno why :3

@MAZEGREEN- O__o. . . Just amazed. Awesome job ;P

NDC: 2011 ~ Twitter ~ Artwork ~ ©JKA

BBS Signature

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-03 23:13:58

@Mazegreen
I have seen an image similar to the one you have created.

BBS Signature

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-03 23:25:24

At 9/3/09 11:13 PM, KillerGoose wrote: @Mazegreen
I have seen an image similar to the one you have created.

Aw, here we are. Right on the money too.

Please use your own original artwork and don't rip from other people's ideas.

NInt3ndo Art Collab

BBS Signature

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-04 00:18:20

Seeing this image I agree with killer, but I want to take MazeGreens side.
I agree the image is already done, but Maze at least repositioned her arms.
He could still probably use this if he incorporates a joke or a completely different background.
Like in my Kirby Tetris pic I used a model for Kirby because I suck at circles, Kirby is all circles, but I incorporated the Tetris theme and a joke with it.

I agree we need to be original, but I disagree with completely bashing another person like that. Isn't that what this forum is, to chat about what can be improved and brainstorming new ideas?

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-04 00:27:22

At 9/4/09 12:18 AM, LinaInverseFan wrote: Seeing this image I agree with killer, but I want to take MazeGreens side.
I agree the image is already done, but Maze at least repositioned her arms.
He could still probably use this if he incorporates a joke or a completely different background.
Like in my Kirby Tetris pic I used a model for Kirby because I suck at circles, Kirby is all circles, but I incorporated the Tetris theme and a joke with it.

I agree we need to be original, but I disagree with completely bashing another person like that. Isn't that what this forum is, to chat about what can be improved and brainstorming new ideas?

So, by your logic...

I could go out and write a book that is completely similar to the original one, but give it a new title, put less effort into it, and then publish it claiming it to be rightfully mine?

It just does not work that way. This is an art collaboration, you are meant to share your own original work and ideas with others. I could understand someone using a picture like that for reference, but not here.

And I was never bashing him, I was giving him good advice.

BBS Signature

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-04 00:53:06

I could go out and write a book that is completely similar to the original one, but give it a new title, put less effort into it, and then publish it claiming it to be rightfully mine?

I think that 'twilight', and all of these movies based on other sources prove that it has been done way to much anyway. I am not saying that it is right, but recreating something that already exists and introducing your own influence is common. As long s a person does not blatantly plagiarize another work I am fine with it. Like I said Maze needs to make more changes, but I think he should use minda as this is a "Nintendo Art Collab."

This is an art collaboration, you are meant to share your own original work and ideas with others.

And I am... I am sharing my ideas, and discussing what needs need to be changed, I also put down that I recreated the work. I have seen some things you did for other collabs, I like the machines you did. When are you going to contribute to this collab? I want to see what you have to offer, you have a good hand at drawing. I am being sincere, I can see how that statement looks offensive... LoL.

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-04 01:00:17

Lina and Killergoose, stop arguing in this thread. If you want to argue some more about how lame tracing is than keep it to PMs.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-04 01:18:33

At 9/4/09 01:00 AM, Captain-Ben wrote: Lina and Killergoose, stop arguing in this thread. If you want to argue some more about how lame tracing is than keep it to PMs.

Fair enough, captain-ben. I'll drop it.

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-04 09:36:30

I'm sorry , it is stupid to argue over tracing and unoriginality.

Forgive?

BBS Signature

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-04 16:09:52

I may participate in this collab, if only I could find a character from Nintendo that would be charming in my "style".

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-04 21:17:30

At 9/4/09 02:02 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Is it still possible to pore out for creativity to something that is already existing?

Of course it is, the nature of fanart is to take a character that has already been made, and redrew it with your own personal and unique style/perspective on the character.

Look at my art!

BBS Signature

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-04 21:36:02

There's a lot of talking going on about. . . TRACING. I know that I didn't say anything about tracing but I thought that most of you 'artists' (as you call yourself) would know good enough that tracing is pretty much just stealing other peoples art, yes. It's fine to look at someone's art and get ideas and inspirations from it to help you, but direct trace is a no go. I will have to remove ALL traced artwork.

MAZEGREEN. You have been caught tracing art from another piece of art, your submission will be taken out. You've submitted two pieces so I'll be doing a bit of research to see if your other piece is also a trace.

I haven't really seen any other art that looks traced, so if you traced your submission. . . have the decency to own up to your actions.

BBS Signature

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-05 05:06:14

I haven't really seen any other art that looks traced, so if you traced your submission. . . have the decency to own up to your actions.

I have taken a sort of promise to myself to not base my stuff of other images from now on. It will all be strictly from memory and imagination.

In other news, my Dr. Mario funny work is coming along. It is not done quite yet. I need to work on the background some more. By tomorrow I will post it here.

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-05 18:46:38

Alright I have finished it up. For my first non-model funny fanart work, I think this turned out fairly well. I am much happier with how the background looks than both of the others I sent in. However I could not quite replicate the Mario charm, Dr.Mario defiantly looks like what he is, but I don't know I guess I am unhappy with his face.
So yay or nay to keeping this one for the collab?

NInt3ndo Art Collab

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-05 20:39:07

At 8/21/09 08:07 PM, JKAmovies wrote: Rules/Specs~
Background colour: Transparent.

You might want to change it.

a garlic a day keeps the vampire away.

My Facebook Music page.

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-05 20:55:16

At 9/5/09 06:46 PM, LinaInverseFan wrote: Alright I have finished it up. For my first non-model funny fanart work, I think this turned out fairly well. I am much happier with how the background looks than both of the others I sent in. However I could not quite replicate the Mario charm, Dr.Mario defiantly looks like what he is, but I don't know I guess I am unhappy with his face.
So yay or nay to keeping this one for the collab?

That should be good enough and what Moonhitler said referring to the rules, you'll just have to make the background transparent and keep the character (and the word bubble) instead. It was a descent joke to me, so that should be good. ^v^

Just how exactly does "getting laid" solve any mental problems? Hmm? /:7

BBS Signature

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-05 21:55:17

That should be good enough and what Moonhitler said referring to the rules, you'll just have to make the background transparent and keep the character (and the word bubble) instead. It was a descent joke to me, so that should be good. ^v^

Okay fair enough. Even though I am very proud of the background, I will change it so the character and joke can be used in the collab. I just have one question about the transparency, how do you do that in MS Paint? Because that is the program I use for my works.

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-05 22:06:51

At 8/21/09 08:12 PM, JKAmovies wrote: Sorry, the Dimension are~460x430.

I can't help but notice that half the people trying to enter the collab are completely ignoring the size requirements

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-05 22:50:07

You can't do it in paint, but I think you can do it if you copy it across to Word. I'm not sure, though, considering I haven't had ms office in a while.

My Facebook Music page.

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-05 22:51:21

At 9/5/09 09:55 PM, LinaInverseFan wrote: Okay fair enough. Even though I am very proud of the background, I will change it so the character and joke can be used in the collab. I just have one question about the transparency, how do you do that in MS Paint? Because that is the program I use for my works.

I forgot to quote in the previous post.

My Facebook Music page.

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-06 01:44:43

At 9/5/09 10:50 PM, moonhitler wrote: You can't do it in paint, but I think you can do it if you copy it across to Word. I'm not sure, though, considering I haven't had ms office in a while.

Alright, I was able to find the "set transparent color" button in MS word. Hopefully this will work, cross your fingers. I also sized it down for the other guy who commented.

NInt3ndo Art Collab

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-06 01:46:29

At 9/6/09 01:44 AM, LinaInverseFan wrote:
At 9/5/09 10:50 PM, moonhitler wrote: You can't do it in paint, but I think you can do it if you copy it across to Word. I'm not sure, though, considering I haven't had ms office in a while.
Alright, I was able to find the "set transparent color" button in MS word. Hopefully this will work, cross your fingers. I also sized it down for the other guy who commented.

Shoot.... I do not know how to set transparency on this? Anyone else have any ideas?

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-06 03:26:19

@LinaInverseFan- I'll let it in with the BG. But this doesn't mean the rules change, it just looks better with the BG. The size is wrong though so you might need to fix that =/

@M-Vero- Agreed. and it's kinda annoying me now because I have to start modifying the art and getting it to the right size. . .

BBS Signature

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-06 04:15:49

At 9/6/09 03:26 AM, JKAmovies wrote: @LinaInverseFan- I'll let it in with the BG. But this doesn't mean the rules change, it just looks better with the BG. The size is wrong though so you might need to fix that =/

I understand, I'll change it to the correct size and reput in the background...
Do I have to re-size the pikachu funy fanart you wanted to use for the Collab as well?
Because it is fairly large.

Response to NInt3ndo Art Collab 2009-09-06 20:59:15

I'll have my Lucas from Mother Three drawing done by today or tomorrow. I thoroughly enjoyed drawing it, I'm not sure if I should add Claus or Ness in it though, it's a pretty static looking image.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature