Hey you there! Thats right you, not that guy creeping over your shoulder, not the kids playing outside your window, not your pet goldfish, and certainly not your little sister who keeps tapping you over and over again requesting your attention to help attend her tea cup party with Mr. Fluffles and Jeff the cat.
I think YOU should enter theFourth Voice Acting Competition! If you want to be/are a voice actor and you have a microphone sitting somewhere within your piles of cheetos and empty coke cans, then you have everything you need to enter this contest. If you wish to enter, please read the rules below. If you don't read them, you might record a 5 minute long story of epic proportions and get your ass disqualified just because you ended it with "Du Hast" ! I would hate to do that. :'(
- Record an original story that you wrote by yourself. It can be a parody.
- You must end yourt estory with the word "muffins" or "muffin"
- Use AT LEAST three different characters using different sounding voices.
- Your recording needs to be a minimum of 2 minutes long.
- Your story must be submitted to the Newgrounds Audio Portal
- You must use your own voice, you may try to sound like another character from another story.
- You can use audio equalizers, but no filters.
- You can use pre-made background sounds and music for atmosphere in your recording.
- You can be inappropriate, but no sex please... please.
- You can use any microphone of your liking.
- You CAN NOT use copyrighted music.
- You CAN NOT use recordings of another persons voice.
- You CAN NOT use voice filters to tweak your voices pitch.
- You CAN NOT submit past the deadline.
- You CAN NOT PM ANY JUDGE! Ask all questions here and I will answer them.
Each contest I present a certain phrase, theme, character design, e.t.c. that everyone should base their story around.
In this contest, your story needs to take place at the main characters job. A plumber would be at someones house fixing drains and shit, a taxman would be working in his office typing at the computer all day, e.t.c. You can make some pretty hilarious stories with this theme. I am excited to see what comes up.
You MUST end your story with the word "Muffins" Try to be creative in inventing a nice ending to somehow tie up your story with this one word. Look back to the last competition to see how people ended their story with the word turtles.
*Thanks Tom Fulp!*
1st: 40$ in store Credit + Orgasmic Front Page
2nd: 30$ in store Credit +Marvelous Front Page
3rd: 20$ in store Credit + Happy Happy Front Page
4th: 00$ in store Credit + Front Page WOOT
Each entry will be judged like so:
Acting - The most important of all, YOUR ACTING! Your voice acting needs to sound like the character is actually in his or her situation. Try not to be monotone and dull. - 35 points
Fit - How well each charecters voice fit with their being. *An old man would have a raspy voice and a big guy would have a deep voice. e.t.c.* - 25 points
Originality - How original your story was. Be creative! - 15 points
Range - How well each character sounds different from eachother - 15 points
Mixing- Not all of us can afford a good mic, but please try to make your final production as high quality as possible! If your voice is fuzzy and staticy, the judges cant judge your voice as well. - 10
All of the judges will give you a score out of 100, based on this judging process. Then I will average the score salong with mine and review your submission with a summary of what each judge said.
THATS IT!!! I can't wait to see what entries come up this time! IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JUDGE, PM ME WITH YOUR EXPERIENCES IN VOICE ACTING. Thanks guys! And good luck. >:)
By the way, this small Voice Acting Tutorial might increase your chances of winning.