00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

293,713 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-06 23:10:55

At 2/6/11 04:37 PM, Buddhist wrote: Honestly, the amount of pointless blathering about the Super Bowl in the two weeks leading up to the Super Bowl has made me almost not want to watch the Super Bowl. Just play the fucking game, a one-game sporting event does not need this much scrutiny and analysis.

They have a habit of retreading stuff that we already knew about. I know it is the Super Bowl and all, but I could cram all the matchups, predictions and highlights with 2 days at the most, instead of 2 weeks. That's the problem when you have 2 weeks between the conference championship games, and the big game itself, the saturation amount is going to be too much to handle.

ESPN...*puke*

That's why I go with Pro Football Weekly more often than ESPN.

BTW, anyone see the halftime show? Because if you did, you have my deepest sympathy of watching that craptacular performance.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-06 23:50:31

At 2/6/11 11:10 PM, orangebomb wrote:
BTW, anyone see the halftime show? Because if you did, you have my deepest sympathy of watching that craptacular performance.

It was one for the ages. Fergie looked like she was wearing Dragon Ball Z armor and the black guys looked like they were about to do a kamehameha. The microphones kept cutting out, and overall, it was a very unsatisfactory performance. I felt indigestion from too much pizza before the performance, and I was so sick after it that I had to lay down until the start of the fourth quarter.

What a terrible show. And the anthem at the start wasn't much better. I particularly enjoyed the F-18 flyover and how it drowned everything else out for a few seconds.

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-07 00:41:43

Super Bowl halftime shows are always terrible performances. When was the last time you saw a good one?

Aaron Rodgers, still the man.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-07 02:08:34

Well, I was right about Green Bay from the very beginning

Feels Good

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-07 10:50:59

Makes you kind of wonder what if Green Bay didn't hold the tie breakers with the Giants and Bucs to make it into the playoffs, who would win then. Oh well, good game Packers.

And also it's must be a horrible feeling to know that even though you have a ticket to the game you don't get a seat. Nice one Jerry.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-07 11:01:33

I GOT A FEEEELIN', THAT TONIGHTS GONNA BE A GOOD NIGHT.

It was not a good night. Steelers lost, I got way too wasted, extreme drama happened at the party I was at, and then when I got home I forgot my house key... so I slept in the backyard all night and pretty much froze to death.

Despite all this, the Black Eyed Peas half-time show was by far the worst thing that happened.

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-07 23:12:27

At 2/7/11 10:50 AM, reverend wrote: And also it's must be a horrible feeling to know that even though you have a ticket to the game you don't get a seat. Nice one Jerry.

Well, the good news for them is that they are going to get Super Bowl tickets next year in Indy, {if there is a season next year, that is.} and they got triple money for the tickets, not to mention free food and drinks too.

With all that said, the hoopla before the Super Bowl was a disaster, mostly because of the freak ice storm and the cold in Dallas pretty much dampen all the fun. As for the other stuff, Jerry Jones really dropped the ball on this one, what with the falling ice and the ticket gouging fiasco, that pretty much hampered their chances of hosting another Super Bowl, if not erased them totally.

At the very least, the NFL tried to rectify some of Jerry's and even their own mistakes in the planning of this game, and the game itself was decent enough to overlook a lot of their mistakes. The Black Eye Peas performance and the botched national anthem on the other hand, was basically a bad idea right from the start, and I honestly didn't know what they were trying to prove with that.

Now begins 7 months {and hopefully no more than that due to the lockout}, of football withdrawl.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-08 13:39:46

At 2/7/11 11:12 PM, orangebomb wrote: The Black Eye Peas performance and the botched national anthem on the other hand, was basically a bad idea right from the start, and I honestly didn't know what they were trying to prove with that.

Now begins 7 months {and hopefully no more than that due to the lockout}, of football withdrawl.

I missed the time when Enrico Pallazzo sang the national anthem. Granted he wasn't any better than what Christina did but still, at least he did saved the queen from Reggie Jackson's assassination attempt.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-09 18:15:51

I don't know why I found this so awkwardly hilarious

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-10 22:11:42

At 2/7/11 11:01 AM, Rallard wrote:
Despite all this, the Black Eyed Peas half-time show was by far the worst thing that happened.

Amen to that. Also, shame on Slash and Usher for tarnishing their good names by being a part of it. Their appearances were just stupid.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-14 15:39:50

I guess Carson Palmer is leaving Cincinnati, which isn't that surprising to me, considering how bad he played this season, which means the Bengals are more than likely going with a QB for a 1st round pick. I really wished Palmer would stay, considering he is leaving millions on the table, and a talented team behind if he does, and I don't think he would want to do that.

Then again, we thought Brett Farve was going to be a Packer for life, and that didn't quite work out as planned.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-15 22:27:21

At 2/14/11 03:39 PM, orangebomb wrote: which means the Bengals are more than likely going with a QB for a 1st round pick.

This is great. I really hope they pick up Cam Newton. That kid could take this team to the Super Bowl, no lie.

However, knowing Mike Brown, we'll probably screw up and just have Carson's brother be quarterback. :(

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-15 22:55:09

At 2/15/11 10:27 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 2/14/11 03:39 PM, orangebomb wrote: which means the Bengals are more than likely going with a QB for a 1st round pick.
This is great. I really hope they pick up Cam Newton. That kid could take this team to the Super Bowl, no lie.

I believe that Cam Newton is the best QB in terms of ability and skill, not to mention he is an obvious dual-threat QB, which is almost the standard now. Blaine Gabbert is also a decent choice, but he isn't as mobile or dynamic as Newton is.

However, knowing Mike Brown, we'll probably screw up and just have Carson's brother be quarterback. :(

The Bengals drafting over the last 5 years was pretty good, and considering the only real needs are pass rushers and a QB, they can't possibly screw this up, especially when every other skill position on the team is well stocked. Now getting them to play as a cohesive unit on either side of the ball is a different story.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-17 16:35:45

At 2/15/11 10:55 PM, orangebomb wrote: The Bengals drafting over the last 5 years was pretty good,

Andre Smith was an awful, awful pick. Other than that, you speak the truth.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-18 14:53:26

At 2/17/11 04:35 PM, Buddhist wrote:
At 2/15/11 10:55 PM, orangebomb wrote: The Bengals drafting over the last 5 years was pretty good,
Andre Smith was an awful, awful pick. Other than that, you speak the truth.

Yeah, that's a pick we wished we could take back, considering his could barely get his fat ass out of training camp and onto the field.

Colts released Bob Sanders today, which I was a little surprised to see, but not necessarily shocked by this move. As great as he is at safety, he gets injured too often to be truly effective on the field, especially over the last 3 years, and considering how Indy was decimated with injuries this season, they could use somebody other than Peyton that can last the entire season on either side of the ball.

Something tells me that either New England or Seattle could take a chance on Sanders, because both of them could use a run stopper in the secondary.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-19 00:50:59

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-19 11:10:43

At 2/19/11 12:50 AM, puddinN64 wrote: Watch this and tell me you didn't laugh. It's impossible not to.

I laughed at that one

and then the Buffalo Bills one just made me sad

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-19 11:49:11

At 2/19/11 11:10 AM, Gobblemeister wrote:
At 2/19/11 12:50 AM, puddinN64 wrote: Watch this and tell me you didn't laugh. It's impossible not to.
I laughed at that one

and then the Buffalo Bills one just made me sad

I agree. I really would want to see Buffalo win at least one Super Bowl, especially after losing four in a row.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-19 13:07:32

@Bigplayclay52 clay matthews is the biggest roids abuser in%uFEFF the NFL. I cant wait till hes tested and suspended.
petracryo 1 week ago

Sorry but I just couldn't resist!

He wished Clay Matthews plays for his team.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-19 23:05:17

At 2/19/11 01:07 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote:
@Bigplayclay52 clay matthews is the biggest roids abuser in%uFEFF the NFL. I cant wait till hes tested and suspended.
petracryo 1 week ago

Sorry but I just couldn't resist!

He wished Clay Matthews plays for his team.

Agreed, whoever this guy is must be extremely jealous, or a Steelers fan upset that Roethlisberger tanked the last drive, lol. As for the Lions winning the Super Bowl, well that is a bit of a stretch, but then again, they're pretty close to making the playoffs as a team, and if they can make the playoffs, then all bets are off.

Now if Cincinnati makes a Super Bowl run next year {which is highly doubtful at this point}, then hell will truly freeze over, or at least get chilly.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-19 23:12:49

At 2/19/11 11:05 PM, orangebomb wrote:
Now if Cincinnati makes a Super Bowl run next year {which is highly doubtful at this point}, then hell will truly freeze over, or at least get chilly.

I honestly don't think that even the hardcore natives of Cincinnati want to give that smug bastard Mike Brown the satisfaction of getting a Super Bowl ring. He really doesn't deserve one.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-20 22:40:42

Most recent mock drafts have Cam Newton going 3rd overall to the Bills. Would be a stupid pick considering the passing game was the one thing that made them look like a football team last year.
Fitzpatrick has potential. Newton could turn a team around right away and make an impact, but he could just as soon never be capable of being a big player in the NFL. JaMarcus Russell is who he reminds me of. Work ethic and adapting are gonna be key for him. I'm interested to see how it goes. I'd like to see him in Miami to integrate into a wildcat with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, but I don't see it going down like that, even if Miami gets him.

As for my Raiders, Seymour has been signed to a big contract, so Nnamdi is all but gone. Not TERRIBLY sad. He doesn't fit the profile of the new defense. Raider D is all about big plays. Nnamdi just eliminates one player and makes the game 10 on 10. With him gone, we can pick up two or three playmakers, and get ready for a playoff run. On defense, Greg Biekert and Rod Woodson have both been named linebacker and secondary coaches, and Chuck Bresnahan who was the defensive coordinator during the 99-2001 era when the Raiders were relevant has been hired and looks to be named the new coordinator. A combination of these guys working with a lot of big physical talents in Oakland is going to create a brutal bunch of guys. Don't know if it'll stop offenses, but it'll definitely make them think twice before setting themselves up to take a hit.

On offense, Steve Wisniewski will try to add his nastiness to the O-Line as coach with Al Saunders quitting his job with the Ravens to join Hue Jackson as OC. Al Saunders is an offensive genius, and with players like McFadden, Jacoby Ford, Michael Bush, DHB, and Zach Miller coming off a playoff worthy performance, I expect great things next season. I'd be extremely surprised if the Raiders didn't win at least 9 games next year, assuming there is a season. Definitely on the rise, and it feels fuckin good. Lol.

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-21 00:22:41

I really don't want Buffalo to waste their pick on Newton

What we need to fix is the defense

Invest in Fitz, give him the offense, let him continue to build the synergy he has with his receivers and work on incorporating Spiller more.

We have something going. We need solidarity, a foundation, not more wasted money.

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-21 23:12:30

At 2/21/11 12:22 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: I really don't want Buffalo to waste their pick on Newton

What we need to fix is the defense

The most notable need is to have a powerful run stopper on that D-line, because Buffalo had the one of, if not the worst rush defense in the league. Linebacker is also needed, because I'm sure that Shawn Merriman isn't going to be in Buffalo for very long, especially if he doesn't perform well at all.

Invest in Fitz, give him the offense, let him continue to build the synergy he has with his receivers and work on incorporating Spiller more.

If Buffalo has any chance of being relevent again, they have to get that running game on track, and rely on them a lot, because I don't trust that WR corps very much at all, considering you're best recievers are Lee Evans, who sometimes takes plays off, and Stevie Johnson, who has a rather fragile psyche, {especially that choke against Pittsburgh}, and average hands.

We have something going. We need solidarity, a foundation, not more wasted money.

The Bills are going to be stuck in neutral, because as long as senile old Ralph Wilson still owns the team, they're going to be the AFC version of the Detroit Lions of a few years ago.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-25 22:52:51

New York Jets' linebacker Bart Scott to get involved with Pro Wrestling.

This made me laugh so hard. Apparently the man who told us that the Pittsburgh Steelers "couldn't stop a nosebleed" is going to appear and fight during a match of TNA Impact wrestling. I'm not normally a fan of the sport, but I'd watch it just to see how a real athlete like him would do against the actors of the "sprort" of pro wrestling. Anyone else find this humorous?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-02-25 23:48:19

At 2/25/11 10:52 PM, puddinN64 wrote: New York Jets' linebacker Bart Scott to get involved with Pro Wrestling.

This made me laugh so hard. Apparently the man who told us that the Pittsburgh Steelers "couldn't stop a nosebleed" is going to appear and fight during a match of TNA Impact wrestling. I'm not normally a fan of the sport, but I'd watch it just to see how a real athlete like him would do against the actors of the "sprort" of pro wrestling. Anyone else find this humorous?

This isn't the first time that football players got involved with pro wrestling, dating back to when The Fridge was in the Royal Rumble in the 80's, and even recently when Ben Roethlisberger hosted an episode of Raw a few years ago, and Clay Matthews reffing a match a few weeks ago.

In this case, however, this is typical of the Jets, these guys are becoming attention whores almost every day, what with fatass Rex Ryan promises to get to the Super Bowl, when more than likely, they'll lose in the 1st round of the playoffs by 30. Then again, if next season is locked out by the greedy ass owners, then it wouldn't surprise me that more football players go to pro wrestling to get their paychecks.

Back to the Jets here, this may be me here, but they really need to shut up and focus on football for once. They got smacked around by the Steelers and should've got their ass handed to again by the Patriots, but it seems like that just makes them even more arrogant than before. There's only enough room for 2 circus-like franchises in the NFL, that would be Cincinnati and Dallas, everyone else will wait their turn.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-03-04 09:33:06

TICK tick tick tick. TICK tick tick tick </ Chris Berman>

time's running out NFL. . .

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-03-08 15:06:03

Tiki Barber is planning to unretire. I hope this is an early April Fool's Joke.
Link

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-03-08 18:42:52

At 3/8/11 03:06 PM, reverend wrote: Tiki Barber is planning to unretire. I hope this is an early April Fool's Joke.
Link

Somewhere Michael Strahan is laughing.

He should have stuck around few few more years, especially in 2007 (both foresight and hindsight). I really hope it's a joke as well.

If he comes back as a coach or a senior adviser then that's a different story.

Please subscribe

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2011-03-08 23:20:11

At 3/8/11 03:06 PM, reverend wrote: Tiki Barber is planning to unretire. I hope this is an early April Fool's Joke.
Link

At 35 years old, I highly doubt that Tiki is going to get any offers to play RB, at least with a championship contender, although it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up with the Patriots, if only to get to that ring and nothing else.

Of course, that won't matter if the owners and players union doesn't get a new deal done soon. Even though I have some trepadation with this, I still believe that we will still have pro football next year, because there's too much money to lose in a lockout on both sides, and you don't want to to piss off fans who fill the seats of the stadium.

BBS Signature