00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

294,857 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-02 16:16:03

Also this picture interests me for no definable reason. Could it be what Vincent Jackson was doing with his free time?

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-02 16:28:02

Week 13
Houston at Philadelphia - Eagles
New Orleans at Cincinnati - Saints
Chicago at Detroit - Bears
San Francisco at Green Bay - Packers
Jacksonville at Tennessee - Titans
Denver at Kansas City - Chiefs
Cleveland at Miami - Dolphins
Buffalo at Minnesota - Vikes
Washington at NY Giants - Giants
Oakland at San Diego - Raiders
Carolina at Seattle - Seahawks
Atlanta at Tampa Bay - Falcons
St. Louis at Arizona - Rams
Dallas at Indianapolis - Colts
Pittsburgh at Baltimore - Steelers
NY Jets at New England - Jets

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-02 17:24:39

I go with the Eagles este noche and pick the rest later.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-02 19:16:49

Week 13

Houston at Philadelphia - Eagles
New Orleans at Cincinnati - Saints
Chicago at Detroit - Bears
San Francisco at Green Bay - Packers
Jacksonville at Tennessee - Titans
Denver at Kansas City - Chiefs
Cleveland at Miami - Dolphins
Buffalo at Minnesota - Vikes
Washington at NY Giants - Giants
Oakland at San Diego - Raiders
Carolina at Seattle - Seahawks
Atlanta at Tampa Bay - Falcons
St. Louis at Arizona - Rams
Dallas at Indianapolis - Colts
Pittsburgh at Baltimore - Steelers
NY Jets at New England - Jets

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-02 23:36:43

At 12/2/10 04:28 PM, reverend wrote: Week 13
Houston at Philadelphia -

As I've already said before, I have the Eagles.

New Orleans at Cincinnati -

My Super Bowl prediction, not so super now, going with the Saints.

Chicago at Detroit -

I'm going with the Bears, I believe Chicago is the real deal.

San Francisco at Green Bay -

I've got the Pack winning at home.

Jacksonville at Tennessee -

Going with Jacksonville here, the Titans are falling apart.

Denver at Kansas City -

Denver has a lot of trouble at Arrowhead in December, Chiefs get their revenge at home.

Cleveland at Miami - I've got Miami.
Buffalo at Minnesota -

Minnesota, no question. I don't think Steve Johnson has gotten over the drops yet.

Washington at NY Giants -

I've got the Giants winning big, Washington's defense is pathetic.

Oakland at San Diego -

In an upset, I've got to go with the Raiders. I hate it when San Diego decides to start playing well after October, the season starts in September, Chargers!

Carolina at Seattle -

I got Seattle, someone has to win the NFC West.

Atlanta at Tampa Bay -

I've got Matt Ryan and the Falcons.

St. Louis at Arizona -

St. Louis, 'nuff said.

Dallas at Indianapolis -

The Colts don't often have 2 bad games in a row, Colts should have no trouble dispatching Dallas.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore -

These 2 teams are almost mirror images of each other, the only difference is Baltimore has a good offense. Obviously, I'm going with the Ravens.

NY Jets at New England -

Patriots haven't lost at home this season, and it will continue that way with a big divisional win against the Jets.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-03 07:18:39

At 11/30/10 06:18 PM, Gooch wrote: Is anyone as glad as I am to see Dwayne Bowe finally explode the way he's been?

Anyone who had any affiliation with JaMarcus Russell kind of brings a sour taste to the mouth. Bowe and that DT from LSU that the Chiefs picked up (both of which at first brought lazy attitudes to the NFL) are two guys I'll probably never root for.

It has more to do with the actual on field personnel. Denver's O Line has been better than Chicago's which is the first step in letting QBs do well. Denver also has a squad of proven and varied WR's that can hurt you in almost any possible way at any part of the field (Short, deep, middle of the field, etc.) Chicago's receiving corp is developing but is not as versatile, and their O Line is old. This is why you can have Cutler and Orton basically swap roles from one year to the next.

Can't forget that Chicago hasn't been able to effectively throw the ball since the 80's.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-03 15:47:23

QB Bruce Gradkowski has been placed on IR with a separated shoulder, ending his season. QB Jason Campbell resumes his role as the starter. Oakland signed QB J.T. O'Sullivan to take the roster spot of Gradkowski.

Current QB Depth Chart:

- Jason Campbell
- Kyle Boller
- J.T. O'Sullivan

IR: Charlie Frye, Bruce Gradkowski

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-03 20:49:01

At 12/2/10 03:01 PM, Cootie wrote: I am ready to see if Auburn is going to beat the Gamecocks in the SEC championship. If we win it will just add another SEC championship to our belt. Also, if we win the SEC championship it would be pretty much guaranteed that Auburn will get a chance to go to the national championship.

Even if Auburn loses, they will still be able to go to the National Championship. I don't see them losing regardless because South Carolina doesn't offer much to stop the Auburn offense. Not even the Civil War is much of a match up. Oregon is going to run up 60 on the Beavers.

The match up that has some intrigue this week is the last Big 12 championship game; Oklahoma vs. Nebraska. We'll see whether it'll will be a fitting parting shot from the Cornhuskers or if it will be a 'Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out' from the Sooners.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-03 21:32:23

At 12/3/10 07:18 AM, michelinman wrote: Can't forget that Chicago hasn't been able to effectively throw the ball since the 80's.

Make that the 90s because of Erik Kramer. Also they've traditionally built the offense on the running game. Not this year though.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-03 23:26:09

This is my favorite week in CFB regular season, Championship Saturday. {And it's nice that the Big Ten finally have a championship game next year, so that they don't "give" the title to Ohio State almost every year.}

ACC: For the first time in a long time, two good teams are in the Championship game, #21 Florida State vs. #15 Virginia Tech. I'm going with Va Tech, because Tyrod Taylor's ability to escape the Seminoles pass rush will pay dividends later in the game, whereas Ponder will struggle against the Hokie defense that has greatly improved during the season.

Big 12: One last showdown between #13 Nebraska and #9 Oklahoma {in the same conference}, Oklahoma's offense will have a big test against Nebraska's vaunted defense, but without Taylor Martinez for Nebraska, this is certainly going to be an uphill battle for Big Red's offense. I'm going with an upset here and pick Nebraska to win this game and stick it to the Big 12, on their way out.

SEC: #1 Auburn clashes against the underdog #19 South Carolina in Atlanta, and I think this may be the game of the week. With the scandal lifted from Cam Newton {for now}, he will ignite against an average Carolina defense through the air and on the ground, but Steven Garcia and Marcus Lattermore {Sp?} will put up some big numbers against Auburn's crappy secondary given the chance. In the end, Auburn will win the championship and move on to the national title game.

Civil War: Not quite a conference championship match per se, but with National Title implications for sure. Quite simply, Oregon State can't keep up with Oregon's offense, period. The Ducks defense may give up 30 points or so, but they can easily score double that on offense, In other words, Oregon wins easily with another high scoring performance.

Big East: No championship game here, but UConn and West Virginia are the 2 teams that have the best shot at getting a BCS bid, as pathetic as that sounds. I'm going with the lesser of the 2 evils so to speak, and go with West Virginia winning at Rutgers and UConn losing against South Florida.

Now I'll get back to pro football for a moment here, New Orleans is at Cincinnati this week, which happen to be my Super Bowl matchup, and that pretty much went down the drain. Considering how the Bengals season went down {for some reason}, this is their Super Bowl. Please, Cincy, at the very least, show up to play, and try to give the Saints a run for their money.

Also, I lol'd at Mark Scheleth's attempt to act all smart and tough when he said the Colts are going to lose against Dallas at home because the Colts aren't physical. Well no shit, Indy doesn't play physical football, but neither does Dallas. Colts don't lost to overrated teams at home 2 weeks in a row, and using the "everyone's injured" excuse doesn't fly with me. I will laugh at his face when Peyton throws 4 TDs against a shitty Cowboy defense, and Jon Kitna's useless ass can't even keep up with Manning. It's no wonder why you were a dumb offensive lineman and not a star player in the NFL.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-03 23:33:10

What I meant to say was the Colts don't lose against 2 overrated teams in a row at home, sorry for the typo, that happens when I'm on a roll.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-04 14:31:07

New Orleans at Cincinnati - NO
Chicago at Detroit - CHI
San Francisco at Green Bay - GB
Jacksonville at Tennessee - JAC
Denver at Kansas City -DEN
Cleveland at Miami - CLE
Buffalo at Minnesota - MIN
Washington at NY Giants - NYG
Oakland at San Diego - SD
Carolina at Seattle - SEA
Atlanta at Tampa Bay - ATL
St. Louis at Arizona - STL
Dallas at Indianapolis - IND
Pittsburgh at Baltimore - PIT
NY Jets at New England - NYJ

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-04 23:14:26

At 12/4/10 01:15 PM, Nivis wrote: NFL Lockout = 2 spoilt stubborn children arguing?

I have mention this topic before, and no one really said too much about it, which has me a little concerned. Although, I would imagine after the season ends, then people will begin to debate about it more.

NFL & NFLPA need to realise how much money comes from the fans and if they dont both stop being fucking retarded there is going to be a huge drop off in people bothering about football

What with the overpriced tickets and all their merchandising, they really shouldn't be complaining about money at all, but the owners, the greedy cunts, thinks that the players get too much of the pie, and want to get a bigger slice, in simple terms.

On the player's side, however, there seems to be a lot on their plate, {18 game regular season, health benefits after retirement, etc.} and the owners and even Goodell has been stubborn in their resistance to giving in to the players, like what happen in the 90's with MLB, and the steroid issue, and we all know what happened after that.

its so dumb :( Personally I think if Goodell resigns there will be far less problems in the league

I know if Goodell resigns, then their would be more chaos than what we have right now. James Harrison and the Steelers would possibly continue their carnage of headhunting and their overall questionable moral system. Not to mention the end of salary cap regulations, which would turn the NFL into European Soccer, where only the big teams {New England, Dallas, maybe Chicago} would be in the championship hunt every year while the small market teams {Tampa Bay, Cleveland} will fade into nothingness.

If both sides do care about the fans and the game of football, then they need to find a way to work out their problems without going to extremes on either side. Otherwise, we'll be forced to watch Canadian League Football or Semi-Pro scrubs take a metaphorical dump on pro football, and I know no one wants that.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-05 01:08:49

K im givin 2 different picks here from me & Gobblemeister cause he's currently banned and cannot post

Gobblemeister's picks
NO > CIN
CHI > DET
GB > SF
JAC > TEN
KC > DEN
CLE > MIA
BUF > MIN
WAS > NYG
SD > OAK
SEA > CAR
ATL > TB
STL > ARI
IND > DAL
PIT > BAL
NE > NYJ

My Picks
NO > CIN
CHI > DET
GB > SF
JAC > TEN
KC > DEN
MIA > CLE
MIN > BUF
NYG > WAS
ATL > TB
SD > OAK
SEA > CAR
STL > ARI
IND > DAL
PIT > BAL
NE > NYJ

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-05 01:30:57

At 12/4/10 11:14 PM, orangebomb wrote: Otherwise, we'll be forced to watch Canadian League Football

Hey man, there was a time when the CFL was just as good as the NFL... of course I wasn't born yet, but my dad tells me they were grand ol' times.

Week 13:

Eagles > Texans

Vikings > Bills
Browns > Dolphins
Broncos > Chiefs
Bears > Lions
Packers > 49ers
Saints > Bengals
Titans > Jaguars
Giants > Redskins
Chargers > Raiders
Colts > Cowboys
Rams > Cardinals
Falcons > Buccaneers
Panthers > Seahawks
Ravens > Steelers. Would have gone the other way if I didn't catch part of the game last week. Not playing Steeler football atm, and I think the Ravens capitalize at home.
Patriots > Jets

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-05 10:21:09

At 12/4/10 02:31 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: New Orleans at Cincinnati - NO

Saints

Chicago at Detroit - CHI

Bears

San Francisco at Green Bay - GB

Packers

Jacksonville at Tennessee - JAC

Jags

Denver at Kansas City -DEN

Chiefs

Cleveland at Miami - CLE

Browns

Buffalo at Minnesota - MIN

Vikings

Washington at NY Giants - NYG

Giants

Oakland at San Diego - SD

Chargers

Carolina at Seattle - SEA

Seahawks

Atlanta at Tampa Bay - ATL

Falcons

St. Louis at Arizona - STL

Rams

Dallas at Indianapolis - IND

Colts

Pittsburgh at Baltimore - PIT

Baltimore

NY Jets at New England - NYJ

New England

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-05 16:07:10

I am seriously annoyed with the fact that Kyle Orton got called down on a sack when he never touched the ground. He completed the freaking pass!

In any case, picking the Broncos every week has been like a guaranteed loss this year. Glutton for punishment and all that.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-05 20:27:10

At 12/5/10 04:07 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: I am seriously annoyed with the fact that Kyle Orton got called down on a sack when he never touched the ground. He completed the freaking pass!

In any case, picking the Broncos every week has been like a guaranteed loss this year. Glutton for punishment and all that.

Coulda really used a Denver win this week. Be sitting in a lot better position for the playoffs. Running all over the Chargers is still way more than I could've expected for this weekend. And of course, the Oakland Raiders, for the first time in nearly 8 years, have gotten more than 5 wins in a season. Doesn't even seem possible. I'm rocking my Asomugha jersey to work tomorrow. Haha.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-05 20:42:40

At 12/5/10 08:27 PM, michelinman wrote:
Coulda really used a Denver win this week. Be sitting in a lot better position for the playoffs. Running all over the Chargers is still way more than I could've expected for this weekend. And of course, the Oakland Raiders, for the first time in nearly 8 years, have gotten more than 5 wins in a season. Doesn't even seem possible. I'm rocking my Asomugha jersey to work tomorrow. Haha.

yeah, I admit I thought the Chargers were doing their late season win streak thing before today.

In other news, my Pittsburgh upset pick is now screwed as Big Ben just broke his nose. I did pretty good the rest of the picks though.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-05 23:23:12

At 12/5/10 08:27 PM, michelinman wrote:
At 12/5/10 04:07 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: I am seriously annoyed with the fact that Kyle Orton got called down on a sack when he never touched the ground. He completed the freaking pass!

I picked the Raiders as an upset pick, and I was feeling good when they trounced those Chargers. Unfortunely, the Bengals still lost again, and this time, Pat Sims was to blame for a neutral zone infraction, ON A 4TH DOWN!!!. Just when we were ready to spring an upset, they flushed it down the drain by a ref, yet again. It's just like the 90's all over again, but with different names.

Frankly, I don't know how a team as talented as the Bengals are, become the worst team in the AFC, and only be slightly better than Carolina and maybe Detroit, but I guess they already gave up on the season, and hope to get either someone to rush the passer, or a Ryan Mallett/Andrew Luck, whoever is there when we pick.

At least Palmer had a better day than Peyton Manning, {not often that has happened}, who threw 4 Int and 2 pick 6s to a shitty Cowboy secondary, and making me look bad as well. It looks like Manning has lost a step or two, considering he is tossing more INTs than TDs, against 2 overrated teams that they should have wiped out. Somewhere in Brisol, CT, Mark Schelreth is probably laughing it up when Dallas beat the Colts at home, and making almost everyone else look like an idiot.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-06 15:55:43

At 12/5/10 08:42 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: In other news, my Pittsburgh upset pick is now screwed as Big Ben just broke his nose. I did pretty good the rest of the picks though.

Well even though he broke his nose he still pulled the team together and came out with a win, And have to admit it was a damn good game down to the wire. But in the end the Steelers defense held strong and came through big for the rest of the team. To me they are the big reason why the Steelers came away victorious against the Ravens.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-06 22:21:49

For Serious: Don Meredith. (1938 - 2010)

In Jest: Josh McDaniel's Head Coaching Career (2009 - 2010)

I'm too young to have any remembrance of Dandy Don's antics and certainly his playing career, as it was all before my time, but his contribution's to the game have been numerous and to be commended. Also, he was awesome on that one King of the Hill episode. Respect.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-06 23:00:02

At 12/6/10 10:21 PM, EternitySpent wrote: For Serious: Don Meredith. (1938 - 2010)

In Jest: Josh McDaniel's Head Coaching Career (2009 - 2010)

I'm too young to have any remembrance of Dandy Don's antics and certainly his playing career, as it was all before my time, but his contribution's to the game have been numerous and to be commended. Also, he was awesome on that one King of the Hill episode. Respect.

King of the Hill was the first time I had ever heard of Dandy Don Meredith, as with most everyone here I assume. Along with being the Cowboys QB during the 60s, he was most famous for his commentary on MNF alongside Gifford and Howard Cosell {Damn, I feel kinda old when I remember the MNF cast from the 1970's.} Even though I despise the Cowboys a lot, I will say that Meredith has made a big contribution to pro football both as QB and as a commentator for MNF.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-07 02:37:29

Fuck S.D., Fuck S.D.!

Running game re-established.

LOL Jets.

"In this world // We walk on the roof of hell, // Gazing at flowers." -- Issa

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-07 17:54:13

At 12/6/10 03:55 PM, Pandamir wrote:
At 12/5/10 08:42 PM, TheSongSalad wrote: In other news, my Pittsburgh upset pick is now screwed as Big Ben just broke his nose. I did pretty good the rest of the picks though.
Well even though he broke his nose he still pulled the team together and came out with a win, And have to admit it was a damn good game down to the wire. But in the end the Steelers defense held strong and came through big for the rest of the team. To me they are the big reason why the Steelers came away victorious against the Ravens.

I was rather surprised when Pitt won that game, I honestly think Baltimore is the better team. NYJ was clearly a terrible pick though.

And Josh McDaniels is gone. That actually took me by surprise but I guess he did deserve it.

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-08 09:13:14

I know it might be a bit late for this but...

LMFAO SANCHISE

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-09 12:57:54

At 12/8/10 09:13 AM, Gobblemeister wrote: I know it might be a bit late for this but...

LMFAO SANCHISE

Picks for week 14

IND > TEN
CLE > BUF
CHI > NE (it can happen)
GB > DET
NYG > MIN
PIT > CIN
TB > WAS
ATL > CAR
JAC > OAK
SEA > SF
NO > STL
NYJ > MIA
DEN > ARI
SD > KC
PHI > DAL
BAL > HOU

also for the lulz

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-09 16:12:01

Colts vs. Titans - Colts
Well I will pick the Colts this week even after they have lost their last two games to very under par teams but every team is entitled to a few bad games right?

Browns vs. Bills - Browns
This is really a nothing game in my opinion but have the browns coming out on top of a very shaky Buffalo side.

Bears vs. Patriots - Patriots
Jay Cutler has improved much over this season to be a some-what good quarterback but still in the back of my mind he does not have what it takes to topple a very strong New England side and Tom Brady.

Packers vs. Lions - Packers
The Packers have been doing good so I take them to best the lions in this one easily.

NYG > MIN - Giants
Kinda hard to pick in this one but will side with the Giants cause they seem to be a stronger team out of the gates then the Vikings have been lately.

PIT vs. CIN - Steelers
Steelers are coming off of a very good win last week and have them winning big against the Bengals in this one.

TB vs. WAS - Tampa Bay
Washington just has not being clicking as a team here in the past few games and Tampa Bay has just been picking up steam towards the playoffs so will say the Bucs take it in this one.

ATL vs. CAR - Atlanta
A very strong Atlanta team against one of the worst teams in the NFL Atlanta will win big in this one.

JAC vs. OAK - Jacksonville
I think Jacksonville has what it takes to win in this one against the Raiders.

SEA vs. SF - Seattle

NO vs. STL - New Orleans

NYJ vs. MIA - Jets

DEN vs. ARI - Denver
Well hopefully my Broncos can pull one out here after they got rid of their coach.

SD vs. KC - Chargers

PHI vs. DAL - Eagles
Really? Is there even a choice there? Cause while the Cowboys may be better then they where to begin the season I still think they lack what it takes to take down Vick and the Eagles.

BAL vs. HOU - Baltimore
This is going to get ugly I think. Cause Baltimore is a very pass dominant team and the Texans don't exactly have the best pass defense to cover them.

When life gives you lemons, be glad it didn't give you herpes.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-09 16:22:01

Colts > Titans. Though I am kind of embarrassed for both of these teams atm.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2010-12-09 16:22:19

Week 14
Indianapolis at Tennessee - Colts
----
Cleveland at Buffalo - Browns
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh - Steelers
Green Bay at Detroit - Packers
NY Giants at Minnesota - Giants
Tampa Bay at Washington - Bucs
Atlanta at Carolina - Falcons
Oakland at Jacksonville - Jags
Seattle at San Francisco - Seahawks
St. Louis at New Orleans - Saints
Miami at NY Jets - Jets
Denver at Arizona - Broncos
Kansas City at San Diego - Chargers
New England at Chicago - Pats
Philadelphia at Dallas - Eagles
---
Baltimore at Houston - Ravens

BBS Signature