00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MovementalStudio just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

American Football Discussion

293,715 Views | 4,005 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-12 22:43:49

At 8/12/12 09:17 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 8/12/12 08:44 PM, reverend wrote: Chad Johnson headbutted his significant other and get arrested. And now he's out of a job with the Dolphins releasing him.
Any chance any other team picks him up? Maybe mid-season?
Lmao. This story has unfolded in an awesome way. I personally think he's done playing football, at least in the NFL in 2012. Even the Bengals have said that he won't touch him. He messed up really bad with this...

Well, when even the Bengals take a pass on a player with a negative reputation like that, it's hard to see Chad go back into the league anytime soon. Of course with that said, I can't imagine any team will not at least take a look at him {Pats, Dolphins and Bengals exceptions} if he can avoid jail time, although it will most likely be next year.

I've also noticed that Tebow got more of the headlines in a bad loss than Cincinnati did in a big win, and honestly, I don't give a shit. Hell, I like it better that we will fly under the radar this year, considering the last 2 times we come off a postseason birth the previous year, it becomes Murphy's Law the next season. At least we don't have to worry about Tebow on my team, I could do without the annoying "Tebowing" stunt or accuracy that would make Akili Smith look good.

Just stop worrying, and love the bomb.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-13 16:37:30

At 8/13/12 12:16 PM, Travis wrote: As we all know it's preseason.

But damn Andrew Luck looks like a stud already.

We can say it was expected, but seriously those throws were beautiful.

Wasn't it the same deal as Peyton? That same "His first pass in the NFL and it was for a touchdown" deal?

I seriously felt sorry for St. Louis.

3 to 38? Jeez....I know it's just the preseason but that's murder....

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-13 22:26:45

Exciting game going on right now fellas.

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-13 22:51:00

At 8/13/12 10:26 PM, Teqneek wrote: Exciting game going on right now fellas.

Holy shit, I just tuned into it to find them in the 4th at the 2:00 warning. 3-0 Dallas? Either both of them suck ass pretty bad or both of them are equally as good.

Actually, that can be taken in the same way...

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-14 14:31:21

Happy Birthday to Tim Tebow yay whoop whoop

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-16 00:13:14

At 8/14/12 02:31 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Happy Birthday to Tim Tebow yay whoop whoop

Fuck em both i'm sick of the shit and the season hasn't even started yet,seriously damn you ESPN.

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-16 22:41:46

At 8/16/12 12:13 AM, ViceFullbuster wrote:
At 8/14/12 02:31 PM, Gobblemeister wrote: Happy Birthday to Tim Tebow yay whoop whoop
Fuck em both i'm sick of the shit and the season hasn't even started yet,seriously damn you ESPN.

Besides ESPN, {specifically Skip Bayless and Michelle Beadle who blindly support Tebow even though he played just as worse if not worse than Jamarcus Russell at times.} I blame the management of the New York Jets and Rex Ryan for this ass pull of a move. This is just one of the many reasons why the Jets are a bad franchise and why I despise them so, they always have to make splashy moves to land on the tabloids, instead of actually trying to build a team on both sides of the ball. You don't see this with the New York Giants at all, and yet they have won 2 Super Bowls in the last 4 years, which proves you don't need to be media whores to have a successful team.

I really feel sorry for Tim Tebow in all this, because he is really a good guy and all, but with all this media shoving all this Tebow stuff down our throats 24/7, let's just say that it won't end well, especially when he takes over as QB, and the Jets start falling behind New England and Buffalo in their division, never mind the rest of the AFC.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-19 16:12:38

Sooo, how 'bout that Kirk Cousins?

I hope he gets named the Skins' #2 QB. It'll be nice to know someone apparently competent can take the reigns if RG3 gets hurt.

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-19 19:56:38

At 8/19/12 04:12 PM, Teqneek wrote: Sooo, how 'bout that Kirk Cousins?

I hope he gets named the Skins' #2 QB. It'll be nice to know someone apparently competent can take the reigns if RG3 gets hurt.

More than likely it's going to be Grossman but who knows.

Anyways the draft is coming up in an hour and hopefully it won't be a disaster for myself as was last year. I'm actually showing up for it which is good for starters.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-19 20:45:40

At 8/19/12 07:56 PM, reverend wrote: Anyways the draft is coming up in an hour and hopefully it won't be a disaster for myself as was last year. I'm actually showing up for it which is good for starters.

This will actually be my first time doing fantasy football. I practiced with a few mock drafts but I thought I read something about the league being set up for drafting individual defensive players or something so I'm not sure how well I'll do with that if that's the case.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-19 20:55:18

At 8/19/12 08:45 PM, chiefindomer wrote:
This will actually be my first time doing fantasy football. I practiced with a few mock drafts but I thought I read something about the league being set up for drafting individual defensive players or something so I'm not sure how well I'll do with that if that's the case.

That's for those true hardcore fantasy football junkies we always just do a minimal 1 QB/2 RBs/3 WRs/1 TE/Wideout or Tight End slot/1 Kicker and 2 Defense/Special Teams

NOW IS WHEN YOU RAM HAPPY WITH LIFE SAUCE. PSN Screenname - Mooglejoke Wii U Network ID - Mooglejoke - Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 4768-8871-1657

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-19 22:27:31

Had to do a crash course in picking individual defense players in the middle of the draft. Didn't know that we were doing that.
I think my team is half decent so at least the season won't seem to drag on, heh.

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-21 00:33:39

Eagles dodged a bullet tonight with Vick taken a shot to the ribs. Good thing the x-ray showed nothing broken, and I think we'll see less and less starters playing in the next few preseason games after tonight.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-21 11:43:14

At 8/21/12 12:33 AM, reverend wrote: Eagles dodged a bullet tonight with Vick taken a shot to the ribs. Good thing the x-ray showed nothing broken, and I think we'll see less and less starters playing in the next few preseason games after tonight.

Kind of makes me wonder why they would start Vick in the first place, considering his history of getting injured at the worst possible time. Now I get trying to work out the kinks before the regular season starts, which the teams will probably say, but in cases like Vick, then it's not a good idea for him to start in games which don't count in the first place.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-21 11:52:51

At 8/19/12 10:27 PM, reverend wrote: Had to do a crash course in picking individual defense players in the middle of the draft. Didn't know that we were doing that.

Yeah, my bad on that. I did mention it, but I probably should have thrown up a reminder, especially for those who joined late. I guess defensive players didn't really work out too well, but whatevs, you live, you learn; it didn't really occur to me that LB's would basically turn out to be the QB's of the defensive side under yahoo's scoring, leaving db's, safeties, and linemen pretty much fantasy irrelevant. Maybe I'll change it to 1DE,1LB,1CB/S next year, or probably just give up on IDP entirely.

Eagles dodged a bullet tonight with Vick taken a shot to the ribs. Good thing the x-ray showed nothing broken, and I think we'll see less and less starters playing in the next few preseason games after tonight.

Really? I don't think you can let anecdotal evidence like that effect your gameplan. There's no simulation for live game reps, and it's preferable to work out any known kinks now, before the L's start to mean something.

A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a friend with weed is better.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-26 15:18:55

At 8/21/12 11:52 AM, EternitySpent wrote: Really? I don't think you can let anecdotal evidence like that effect your gameplan. There's no simulation for live game reps, and it's preferable to work out any known kinks now, before the L's start to mean something.

Each coach is different I guess. Bill Belichick had no problem not playing Tom Brady and the rest of the starters in that game. I guess he feels different and is comfortable where they are at. Week four I guess well see more but most of the teams already know who they are keeping and are just ready to start the season.

BTW, TO announced on Twitter that he was cut by the Seahawks.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-26 16:32:42

At 8/26/12 03:31 PM, Travis wrote: College football starts this week (right?) and I'm pretty confident that the Ohio State Buckeyes will rip a new asshole on a lot of people this year.

Except for Wisconsin annnnd Michigan.
At least they will smack around Miami to kick things off. I'm sure ZJ is ready for that game.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-26 16:35:49

At 8/26/12 04:32 PM, reverend wrote:
At least they will smack around Miami to kick things off. I'm sure ZJ is ready for that game.

I'm just hoping that the point spread doesn't go beyond 30...

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-26 20:37:59

At 8/26/12 04:45 PM, Travis wrote:
At 8/26/12 04:32 PM, reverend wrote:
At 8/26/12 03:31 PM, Travis wrote:
Being a broken team last year, we not only beat Wisconsin, but was literally one pass from beating Michigan to.

And yet you finish with a losing record. Granted, there was a lot of offseason shit to deal with last year, but let's face it, other than Wisconsin, {which was a real fluke considering how the rest of the season went} Ohio State either got the tar kicked out of them, or in the case of Nebraska and Michigan, simply ripped their hearts out at the last moment.

Plus the Wolverines will have to deal with a ridiculous defensive line that the Buckeyes have through recruiting alone this year.

Yeah, it's pretty much the same line we face last year, I don't think it's going to be much different when Denard Robinson is 10+ yards ahead of the defense on a scramble, or uncorks a clutch TD pass in the last few seconds. The bigger question is can Ohio State's pitiful offense can keep up with ours? I have my doubts.

I can see us getting beat by Wisconsin, but Michigan isn't going to beat us this time around,

Well with that piss easy schedule the Bucks get almost every year, you should, in theory only have 1 or 2 losses coming into the Michigan game, but I tell you for sure that Ohio State will not beat Michigan this year. The toughest game they have until the Big Ten schedule is Cal, which ain't no USC that's for sure.

Urban's spread offense will be in full swing by then and it's the last game of the season for the Buckeyes. They aren't going out on a bad note.

Something tells me that they will, as it always seems to be. But look at the bright side, at least your Buckeyes won't get their skulls caved in by an SEC team in a bowl game this time. This year, you can watch us win the Big Ten, and at least go the Rose Bowl and win it, or possibly to the National Title game if we can beat Alabama.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-27 20:11:45

At 8/26/12 08:56 PM, Travis wrote:
At 8/26/12 08:37 PM, orangebomb wrote:
All of our losses other than Miami and Florida were by 7 points or less. We sure got the tar beat out of us. Get your facts straight.

You still lost those games, and considering that many teams they faced last year were able to move the ball more effectively against that so called vaunted defense last year, my point still stands.

Yeah, it's pretty much the same line we face last year, I don't think it's going to be much different when Denard Robinson is 10+ yards ahead of the defense on a scramble, or uncorks a clutch TD pass in the last few seconds. The bigger question is can Ohio State's pitiful offense can keep up with ours? I have my doubts.
Two 5-Star recruit DE's... Yep, that's going to be the same line alright.

They will still be freshmen, which means most likely, they will have their ups and downs. Other than that, I don't see that much of a difference.

Ohio State's pitiful offense? Do you remember that the very pitiful offense you speak of put up 34 points against Michigan, 6 points less than the almighty wolverines... Oh and keep in mind that the offense is now running an Urban Meyer spread and unlike Jim Tressel, Urban Meyer won't mind running up the score on everyone.

It's a rivalry game, of course they were going to show up for that. {Even though they really had no business doing that} The main problem is that they didn't do that for most of their games, and to expect anything different with no real weapons on offense and a brand new system is highly unlikely.

Well with that piss easy schedule the Bucks get almost every year, you should, in theory only have 1 or 2 losses coming into the Michigan game, but I tell you for sure that Ohio State will not beat Michigan this year. The toughest game they have until the Big Ten schedule is Cal, which ain't no USC that's for sure.
We have roughly the same schedule you have. After you guys get railed by Alabama it's basically the EXACT same. How can you call our schedule weak when the only difference is, you guys getting railed by Alabama.

There is a big difference between Cal at your place, and Alabama in Cowboys Stadium, never mind the difference between the teams. And what exactly do you think that Alabama is going to "rail" us exactly? Their defense isn't the same defense from last year's, I can assure you that, plus it's not like the Bucks can do any better against the Tide, probably why they never schedule them and we did, fortune favors the bold.

As it always seems to be? That's funny. How long was that OSU winning streak against Michigan you guys finally managed to break... and barely break at that.

That's irrelevant to the point I was trying to make, I've noticed that in the last few years under Tressel, they have lost big games against USC, every SEC team in a bowl game, and occasionally Wisconsin, which you seem to conveniently gloss over. While it may be true that OSU had the upper hand the the last couple of years prior to last year, there are more big games than just OSU vs. Michigan.

I doubt you guys can beat Michigan State or Wisconsin (if they are even on your schedule), yet alone the revamped Buckeyes this year.

The Spartans lost a lot of talent on their offense, and are mostly a young team. Wisconsin on the other hand tends to choke in big games all the time, which would play to our advantage with Denard Robinson's history of big-time clutch plays. I suggest you quit underestimating us.

I can't wait until that weekend in November...

One game at a time, dude. When the time comes, we'll be glad to have another W in our column, this time in Columbus.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-30 20:46:09

At 8/27/12 08:40 PM, Travis wrote:
At 8/27/12 08:11 PM, orangebomb wrote: Stuff

Ok, you know what? I'm getting rather tired of your disrespect and arrogance over Michigan and Ohio State, and to continue this proverbial pissing contest is simply fruitless at this point. You have your points, and I have mine, and I think my points make more sense in the big picture, but I'm not going to keep doing this over and over again.

Rather, I'll make my predictions for the NFL season, and predict the National Title game as well, let's start with the NFC.

NFC East:

1. Philadelphia Eagles. When healthy, this is the most talented team in the NFL, and they are hard to beat. But it seems like something keeps holding them back, whether it's in the playoffs or whatever, but I think they should win their division. {11-5}

2. New York Giants. This is one of those teams that like to fly under the radar, {ironic since they are in New York of all places.} and then turn out and win the Super Bowl. Even though they do lose some pieces from last year, they are still solid enough to get a wild-card spot in the NFC, and then who knows? {10-6}

3. Dallas Cowboys. I really don't know why a lot of people keep picking this team to win the division and go far into the playoffs, when they have proven that Romo can't get it done when it matters most, this year is going to be no different. {8-8}

4. Washington Redskins. They don't have to worry about getting a QB this time, but I might be the only person who thinks that RG3 is only slightly better Vince Young, and with no offensive weapons, it'll be another tough year for the 'Skins {5-11}

NFC North

1. Green Bay Packers. This was the best offense and had the best record in the NFL last year. They might go down a little bit from that historical numbers, but they are still good enough to win it all, given the chance. {13-3}

2. Chicago Bears. Keep an eye out for this team. Before Cutler and Forte went down, they were on the Packers' heels through most of the season. They may not be as talented as Green Bay, but they will compete with them for the division crown, and even the Super Bowl when healthy. {11-5}

3. Detroit Lions. As good as their pass offense is, their defense was horrid last year, and their discipline was just as worse. That's going to be the difference between them making and missing the playoffs. {9-7}

4. Minnesota Vikings. All I can say is, this team is bad even with Adrian Peterson. This team has some potential to be good down the road, but for now, it's a long road up. {4-12}

NFC South

1. New Orleans Saints. Simply put, this team is on a mission to prove that they won't go down without a fight. Their defense is awful though, and with baffling playoff losses the last 2 years, let's see if they can some confindence like they had when they won it all. {10-6}

2. Carolina Panthers. Cam Newton is a beast, 'nuff said. That said, that D really screwed this team more so than Cam himself who had to carry this team at times. They might be better, but next year is when they begin to break out. {9-7}

3. Atlanta Falcons. As much as I want to believe in this team, they keep finding ways to fall apart at the end of the season, and become a disappointment despite having a good regular season. {8-8}

4. Tampa Bay Buccanners. This team can't be as bad as they were last year, and I really do think that their team is much improved, but this will take a few years to show it. {5-11}

NFC West

1. San Francisco 49ers. The best D by far in the NFL, IMO. Alex Smith had a revival last year, and he might be even better with some weapons at WR, although I have a feeling that Smith will ultimately hold this team back. {12-4}

2. Seattle Seahawks. I can't really tell where this team is going. They have a good defense, but their offense is rather shaky, and as of now, I'm not entirely sold on Russel Wilson as the QB. {8-8}

3. St. Louis Rams. This team is bad, but I still believe in Sam Bradford. As long as Bradford stays healthy, then they will be competitive, but will not win very much at all. {4-12}

4. Arizona Cardinals. Larry Fitzgerald might be the best WR in the league, but they pretty much have nothing else on that team. Simply put, this team are frauds, and except for a few years where they got lucky, they have always been that way. {4-12.}

Now the AFC.

AFC East

1. New England Patriots. Let's face it, there are only a few teams in their conference that can challenge them, and no one in their division can come close. They made the Super Bowl and were one pass away from winning it all, just imagine how good they can be with an average D. {14-2}

2. Buffalo Bills. Normally, I would be trashing this team, and it would be justified because of their poor play and lack of consistency in every position. This time, I'll give them some credit for doing something to make their team better, but it's still not enough. {8-8}

3. New York Jets. QB problem+no offense+overrated coach= total freaking disaster, enough said. {7-9}

4. Miami Dolphins. They may have solved their QB problem, {for now} but they are still pretty bad in a lot of key positions. {5-11}

AFC North

1. Baltimore Ravens. They are getting rather old on their defense, and I still don't trust Joe Flacco when it counts the most, but they should eek a division title over the rest of the teams in their division. {11-5}

2. Cincinnati Bengals. Personal bias, but this team finally has some hope for the future of competing for a Super Bowl, but they need to get over that gap in the playoffs, and this could be the year. {10-6}

3. Pittsburgh Steelers. Like the Ravens, they are getting old at D, but the main problem is their offense and they just seem to have problems in a lot of places with only temporary solutions. {9-7}

4. Cleveland Browns. Simply put, this is the worst team in the NFL talent-wise. This team has every right to go 0-16, and they just might do that, but somehow, they pull off a few wins that they shouldn't. {2-14}

AFC South

1. Houston Texans. This team pretty much wins their division by default, but the most important thing is if they can stay healthy on offense, then they can compete with New England. {11-5}

2. Indianapolis Colts. Andrew Luck is going to be the next Peyton Manning, but the first couple of years is going to be rough for sure. {6-10}

3. Tennessee Titans. I really don't trust this team very much at all. Not too crazy about Locker at QB, and other than Johnson, they really have jack squat. {6-10}

4. Jacksonville Jaguars. Jones-Drew is the only reason why anyone would watch this team, because this team will compete with the Browns for the worst record in the NFL. {3-13}

AFC West

1. Kansas City Chiefs. This team is about as old-school as it gets, and this might just be enough to win this pathetic division. {9-7}

2. Denver Broncos. Peyton Manning is a Super Bowl caliber QB, even now. But this team is closer to .500 than a Super Bowl. {8-8}

3. San Diego Chargers. Basically the Atlanta Falcons of the AFC, they just can't seem to get it done when it matters most, and it won't be any different this time. {7-9}

4. Oakland Raiders. As talented this team is, they are horrendous when it comes to disipline and the little things in general. History tends to repeat itself more often than not. {5-11}

Oh, for college football, I have LSU over USC, yet another title for the SEC, but this one will not be easy for LSU.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-30 21:27:53

At 8/30/12 08:46 PM, orangebomb wrote:
2. Cincinnati Bengals. Personal bias, but this team finally has some hope for the future of competing for a Super Bowl, but they need to get over that gap in the playoffs, and this could be the year. {10-6}

While I love what you're saying, I can't really honestly say that I believe it. I do think that a younger Bengals squad is going to trump an aging Steelers, but I don't know if it's going to be this season. I still think we have a ways to go to be on the same footing as them. I could be wrong, but I'd say we need one more season before we can trump the Steelers.

Still hoping for that wildcard spot, though.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-30 22:47:54

At 8/30/12 09:27 PM, ZJ wrote:
At 8/30/12 08:46 PM, orangebomb wrote:
While I love what you're saying, I can't really honestly say that I believe it. I do think that a younger Bengals squad is going to trump an aging Steelers, but I don't know if it's going to be this season. I still think we have a ways to go to be on the same footing as them. I could be wrong, but I'd say we need one more season before we can trump the Steelers.

While that may be true considering our luck, I do feel like this is the best time to trump the Steelers, considering that they have a pretty big transition at offensive coordinator, Mendenhall is going to be out for this season, and it'll take some time for Mike Wallace to get back into game shape after his holdout. {Look at Chris Johnson as an example.} Even with Roethlisberger, the Steelers aren't exactly the most potent offense in the league week in and week out, so we don't necessarily have to worry about that, but it's trying to break through that D is the tricky part.

Although, if Tebow can break through that defense despite being abysmal at QB, then I would like to think that Dalton could do that too, if things go our way.

Still hoping for that wildcard spot, though.

Considering how the AFC is pretty weak, there could be the same 3 teams from the AFC North make the playoffs again, but I wouldn't count on that happening again.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-08-31 02:15:47

Just a reminder that the regular season for the NFL is starting next Wednesday and you have to have all of your picks in five minutes before each game starts. If you want to get in on the Pick'em action, you can do that by joining the official NG Pick'Em group. You'll need a Yahoo account to do it, though.

Here's the details for you guys:

Group I.D.: 14397
Password: TOMFULP

Hope to see you there.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-09-01 08:46:10

My division prediction

AFC North
1. Baltimore Ravens - 11-5
2. Pittsburgh Steelers - 10-6
3. Cincinnati Bengals - 9-7
4. Cleveland Browns - 4-12

AFC South
1. Houston Texans - 12-4
2. Tennessee Titans - 9-7
3. Indianapolis Colts - 6-10
4. Jacksonville Jaguars - 3-13

AFC East
1. New England Patriots - 13-3
2. Buffalo Bills - 9-7
3. New York Jets - 8-8
4. Miami Dolphins - 5-11

AFC West
1. Denver Broncos - 11-5
2. Kansas City Chiefs - 8-8
3. Oakland Raiders - 8-8
4. San Diego Chargers - 7-9

NFC North
1. Green Bay Packers - 13-3
2. Chicago Bears - 11-5
3. Detroit Lions - 10-6
4. Minnesota Vikings - 5-11

NFC South
1. Atlanta Falcons - 11-5
2. New Orleans Sains - 10-6
3. Carolina Panthers - 9-7
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - 6-10

NFC East
1. New York Giants - 11-5
2. Philadelphia Eagles - 10-6
3. Dallas Cowboys - 9-7
4. Washington Redskins - 7-9

NFC West
1. San Francisco 49ers - 12-4
2. Seattle Seahawks - 9-7
3. St.Louis Rams - 6-10
4. Arizona Cardinals - 6-10

AFC Playoffs
1. New England Patriots - 13-3
2. Houston Texans - 12-4
3. Baltimore Ravens - 11-5
4. Denver Broncos - 11-5
5. Pittsburgh Steelers - 10-6
6. Buffalo Bills - 9-7 (you're welcome Gobble,i believe it's finally time)

NFC Playoffs
1. Green Bay Packers - 13-3
2. San Francisco 49ers - 12-4
3. Atlanta Falcons - 11-5
4. New York Giants - 11-5
5. Chicago Bears - 11-5
6. New Orleans Saints - 10-6

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-09-01 15:51:48

At 8/26/12 04:35 PM, ZJ wrote: I'm just hoping that the point spread doesn't go beyond 30...

And that didn't happen. 56-10

So ready for OU to kick off but I don't really know why they have it so late (1030 PM CDT) even though it's in El Paso. I wouldn't want to be there after dark.

The game of the day is Michigan and Alabama. On paper it looks good but it might be over by halftime.

Also I'm so glad the Boise State lost and we don't have to hear from them all season, since Michigan State is the only noteworthy team on their schedule.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-09-01 16:50:10

At 9/1/12 03:51 PM, reverend wrote:
At 8/26/12 04:35 PM, ZJ wrote:
The game of the day is Michigan and Alabama. On paper it looks good but it might be over by halftime.

The suspensions of Tousaint and Clark doesn't really help the cause any. Well I'm hoping that it doesn't turn into a blowout anytime in the game, because TBH Michigan only has a chance if they don't let the game come out of hand until the 4th quarter, that's when Denard can pull off some of that 4th quarter magic we've seen the last couple of years.

Also I'm so glad the Boise State lost and we don't have to hear from them all season, since Michigan State is the only noteworthy team on their schedule.

Thank God. The clock has struck 12 on these wanna-be cinderellas, and hopefully ESPN doesn't go into any more discussion about them until the bowl games.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-09-02 08:51:45

At 9/1/12 11:15 PM, Travis wrote: 41-14 in the 4th.

This hasn't been much of a game at all...

At least it wasn't this bad.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-09-02 18:27:56

At 9/2/12 08:51 AM, ViceFullbuster wrote:
At 9/1/12 11:15 PM, Travis wrote:
At least it wasn't this bad.

It's only going to get worse for Savannah State, considering that they are going to play Florida State next week, which I can safely assume that they will take another beatdown, and all I can say is I hope it was worth it for them to get a couple of big paychecks for all intents and purposes, just lying down and take the 84 point beating like that.

BBS Signature

Response to American Football Discussion 2012-09-03 18:34:58

Super Bowl Pick - New England Patriots vs. San Francisco 49ers / winner New England Patriots

National Title Pick - Alabama vs. Florida State / winner Alabama

BBS Signature