00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Sinnymon just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is anyone still christian?

6,182 Views | 149 Replies

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-13 02:31:53

At 8/12/09 07:57 PM, JaY11 wrote: I like to think we are evolving out of that crap.

You can't "evolve" out of a belief.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-13 02:37:25

At 8/12/09 07:45 PM, IamWeird33 wrote:
At 8/11/09 11:24 PM, steelsammy wrote:

I've noticed that less and less people go to church today. It's really sadening to see more and more people turn from the Lord to atheisam. Are any of you loyal christians still out there? Hello? Is any one left?

Atheists have Geographical records, fossils, and ice core samples that date back millions of years. They also have carbon printing.

You have....a...book.

I have the records of thousands of generations in Isreal AND the covenant ark in Etheopia, along with millions of people that have talked with god. You have so-so science. I PWN U!

Don't fuck with ninja's!

Newgrounds Blog Topic- Easy Medals

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-13 02:38:51

because people are getting smacked into reality

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-13 02:40:03

No, now leave...

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-13 02:44:40

A thought Occurs.

If God is real, and not totally powerless, he's able to hear us anywhere and thus going to Church isn't essential to being a Christian. Faith needs to live in your heart, i'd rather have an empty church then a church full of faithless men.

If the faithful are really faithful, they'll be everywhere.

Render Unto Caesar

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-13 02:50:10

yes...the molestatrion levels are skyrocketing

Not only do I not know what's going on, I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-13 02:52:13

At 8/13/09 02:44 AM, OddlyPoetic wrote: A thought Occurs.

If God is real, and not totally powerless, he's able to hear us anywhere and thus going to Church isn't essential to being a Christian. Faith needs to live in your heart, i'd rather have an empty church then a church full of faithless men.

O.K., first of all, not every christian goes to church, I know. But you live up to your name. You are really OddlyPoetic.

Don't fuck with ninja's!

Newgrounds Blog Topic- Easy Medals

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-13 02:58:09

At 8/13/09 02:52 AM, steelsammy wrote:
At 8/13/09 02:44 AM, OddlyPoetic wrote: A thought Occurs.

O.K., first of all, not every christian goes to church, I know. But you live up to your name. You are really OddlyPoetic.

You didn't seem to know how trivial it is at the beginning of the thread. A church is really more of a community thing. Going doesn't really make you any more connected to God.Shit, i've been countless times and i'm rather far from "His divine grace"

Okay, thanks for saying i live up to my name. Not sure whats so odd about thinkng its better to have a bunch of people staying home and praying then having the church be filled with people who don't even believe. Afteral, isn't church attendance the least important goal? but rather keeping the faith alive?

Aside from Church, theres lots i could say about religion.

Render Unto Caesar

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-13 03:01:54

I was once an Atheist. Some things happened to me and my family and it changed my views... I'm a Christian now but I don't get into all the different Sects and such. It looks to me like alot of younger people like to run around saying "I hates religion, i have science" just because its popular and rebellious. Just like when Little Billy grew his hair out really long in the 60s and was called a hippie and couldnt get a job.
A lot of people view it as... "God must not be here since he's letting these horrible things happen to us".... well, if you really read, these things are supposed to happen... and Christians are supposed to be badmouthed and ridiculed. Plus, why would God want to help people who reject him? I haven't seen a single person worth saving.
You guys can flame me all you want to with your attempts at being mister internet tough guy, its not going to do a bit of good. I'm just here stating what I see and believe along with the rest of you.

"Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead." - Charles Bukowski.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-13 03:04:58

I really hate religious threads. They come in just above failing photoshop threads. But that's a rant for another topic....

Stop That

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-13 03:05:55

At 8/13/09 02:37 AM, steelsammy wrote:
I have the records of thousands of generations in Isreal AND the covenant ark in Etheopia, along with millions of people that have talked with god. You have so-so science. I PWN U!

Covenant Ark? A box? Which proves...? Records that people lived in Israel? Which proves...? Millions of people who've talked with God...? Not empirical... Sooo... which proves...?
Science is repeatable and verifiable. It's empirical. If it doesn't ACTUALLY prove something, it's not yet science. There's no so-so. It's right, it's wrong, or it's under study.

You have a book... that has some historical information, some romanticized, fictionalized historical information, and some completely made up information. Its biggest piece of support is that it says in it that it's perfect. And yet, it's interpreted differently throughout the world in different societies, and thus, there are people who are "doing it wrong," those in English speaking countries being likely candidates for that.
You should do some research on what it means to make an argument before you submit flimsy stuff like that.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-13 07:25:34

At 8/13/09 02:37 AM, steelsammy wrote:
At 8/12/09 07:45 PM, IamWeird33 wrote:
At 8/11/09 11:24 PM, steelsammy wrote:
I've noticed that less and less people go to church today. It's really sadening to see more and more people turn from the Lord to atheisam. Are any of you loyal christians still out there? Hello? Is any one left?

Atheists have Geographical records, fossils, and ice core samples that date back millions of years. They also have carbon printing.

You have....a...book.

Science vs. Religion is basically facts vs. belief. Saying that you have millions of people that have talked with god isn't going to convince me of anything. You're no where near PWNING me.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-13 07:41:10

My sig explains it all.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 01:01:24

Just because people aren't going to church doesnt mean they aren't christian.... it just means they have better tnings to do than sing religious songs and eat crackers.....

Yes I do like cheese..... incase you couldnt tell from my name....

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 01:03:13

i'm still christian.

Love and Hate, Give and Take, Fire and Ice, Day and Night. Opposites, indeed they are, but are opposites real in a world so small?~Me

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 01:05:05

yet ANOTHER religion thread?! damn... its like a plague

DevourerJay~Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 01:07:39

At 8/15/09 01:01 AM, Likescheese wrote: Just because people aren't going to church doesnt mean they aren't christian.... it just means they have better tnings to do than sing religious songs and eat crackers.....

What people here don't seem to get about religion is that alot of its totally symbolic. Of course it won't make sense if you think about it totally literally. But still, my Atheism considered, The Story of Christ moves me.

Render Unto Caesar

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 01:10:15

I'm catholic but I rarely go to church anymore

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 01:13:03

At 8/11/09 11:53 PM, agustana wrote: Maybe the world would be better without religion.

Maybe, John Lennon, but religion has produced good (i.e. Mother Teresa, countless religious charities, etc.)

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 02:39:42

At 8/11/09 11:55 PM, Nessbeatsfox wrote:
At 8/11/09 11:33 PM, 1001115968 wrote:
I don't like to post in religious threads, but what 1001115968 pretty much sums up NG. Not very many "true" atheists, or agnostics (or whatever you call yourselves) have actually studied different religions and come to the conclusion that your believes make the most sense. Most of you just hate Christians.

im atheist, and i have studied many religions, and atheism makes the most sense to me really.

so id apreciate if youd stop making gross generalizations

LA CONCHA DE TU MADRE

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 02:43:53

At 8/11/09 11:28 PM, AngryBanana wrote: What's so great about going to church?

Its a time honored tradition for Americas to go to church and if you don't you will be mocked by your community.

Yes I think suicide is funny and I am sick of pretending its not.

eX(Wi/Ht? #45)

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 02:44:17

At 8/12/09 07:35 AM, Animator1mike wrote:
At 8/11/09 11:27 PM, tweekee wrote:
At 8/11/09 11:26 PM, GOTHCLAWZ wrote: Because people are coming to there senses. Why, do you want a philosophical debate?
And then god said " let there be light"

And there was bullshit and a made up book.
Trust me, one day, you guys will regret it.

trust me no one gives a shit.

LA CONCHA DE TU MADRE

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 02:44:51

At 8/11/09 11:24 PM, steelsammy wrote: I've noticed that less and less people go to church today. It's really sadening to see more and more people turn from the Lord to atheisam. Are any of you loyal christians still out there? Hello? Is any one left?

You don't have to go to church to be a Christian. I'm living proof.

Also, cock joke.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 02:45:14

At 8/15/09 02:43 AM, iscrulz wrote:
At 8/11/09 11:28 PM, AngryBanana wrote: What's so great about going to church?
Its a time honored tradition for Americas to go to church and if you don't you will be mocked by your community.

I've never been mocked by my community for not going.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 02:48:45

At 8/12/09 12:08 PM, Anozke wrote: I'm still a Christian, and will forever stay a Christian. Heed not the atheist, because it's obvious that many of them have low moral standards. Not saying that all of them are that way, but a majority.

I wish they would stop arguing about Christianity and just continue down their own foggy path.

yeah, because you know the majority of atheists in the world good enough to know they are assholes.

by your logic i could say: because its obvious that religious people are blinded fuckers that lack the intellect and will to live a good life without a supreme being whatching over them.

and i would be right, but i am not, am i?

LA CONCHA DE TU MADRE

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 02:49:52

At 8/15/09 02:39 AM, Chello wrote:
At 8/11/09 11:55 PM, Nessbeatsfox wrote:
At 8/11/09 11:33 PM, 1001115968 wrote:
I don't like to post in religious threads, but what 1001115968 pretty much sums up NG. Not very many "true" atheists, or agnostics (or whatever you call yourselves) have actually studied different religions and come to the conclusion that your believes make the most sense. Most of you just hate Christians.
im atheist, and i have studied many religions, and atheism makes the most sense to me really.

Good, you actually try to know what you're talking about. I admire that very much Rasta.

so id apreciate if youd stop making gross generalizations

Honestly, its true for alot of Ngers. Don't forget that the Majority of teeangers on this site are raised in white-bread christian America. Teenagers, which means rebellion, rebellion which means speaking out against the authority in their lives. Alot of them here can't eve explain why. I've yet to see a single newgrounds Atheist that has a religion to bash beside Christianity. Yes, its a generalization (Not a gross one, however) which makes me reluctant to believe it, but throughout my experiance here, i've seen it to be true.

The teenage denizens of newgrounds can be rather predictable, after all.

Render Unto Caesar

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 02:58:12

its because after awhile the fairy story shows its true colors

rar

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 04:04:47

At 8/11/09 11:53 PM, agustana wrote: Maybe the world would be better without religion.

I second that opinion.

I mean aren't half of all the wars and battles of the world made through territory and RELIGION?

Lol'd

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 04:14:35

At 8/15/09 04:04 AM, Deathrow-cy wrote:
At 8/11/09 11:53 PM, agustana wrote:
I mean aren't half of all the wars and battles of the world made through territory and RELIGION?

By that logic I believe that the world would be better off without science. I mean isn't half of SCIENCE dedicated to finding out new ways on how to kill and melt the skin off of people while the other half is made to discover new ways with which to treat the burns?

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-15 04:24:08

At 8/15/09 04:14 AM, MultiCanimefan wrote:
At 8/15/09 04:04 AM, Deathrow-cy wrote:
At 8/11/09 11:53 PM, agustana wrote:
By that logic I believe that the world would be better off without science. I mean isn't half of SCIENCE dedicated to finding out new ways on how to kill and melt the skin off of people while the other half is made to discover new ways with which to treat the burns?

This ^^^
it's stupid and naive to believe that Religion is the source of all human ills.( Weren't the two World Wars caused by politics and not religion?) Aggression is just part of our nature. Even if the world was rid of religions, the wars would still continue. There will always be something to fight for, something to kill for, and something to die for. Whether its God, the State, your family, or one of those really tasty blueberry bagels from Dunkin Donuts.

Render Unto Caesar

BBS Signature