00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MrFantastik88 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Is anyone still christian?

6,167 Views | 149 Replies

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 12:49:33

Church needs more cockjoke.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 12:50:39

At 8/11/09 11:25 PM, MudkipsPiano wrote: That's because more and more children are being molested.

Poor things.

I think

It should be the other way now since MJ is gone....

WHAT!? someone had to

Some signature thingy here!

Sig by Cagedsilhouette :3

Join me in the feilds of justice.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 13:40:07

At 8/12/09 12:07 AM, hateyou1 wrote:
At 8/12/09 12:05 AM, Bolo wrote: stupid bullshit
Please get at least an IQ of 100 before making another post.
kthnxbye

Did you even read it? As far as I know everything he said is true

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 14:29:09

lol, looks like NG doesn't like us Christians.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 14:42:54

At 8/12/09 10:46 AM, SlimeManMan wrote:
That is a gross generalization. When I left the church when I was 12, I studied Buddhism, Islam and Taoism, in addition to Norse, Greek, Japanese, Chinese, and Native American mythology. None of it really seemed to really have it. And I couldn't really distinguish Theology from Mythology, which in my mind boiled the whole thing down to fables to live by. And after 2000 I don't think the fables hold up.
What happened after 2000 that made morals obselete?
And besides, most Christians hand wave the majority of Genises and go with the proven facts about the spawning of the universe. One of them being me. My older brother is an atheist, and I am just fine with that. But these "angstheists" who cannot stop harrasing Christians and other religous peeps like me just because we belive that God (and Jeseus) exist need to shut the fuck up and stop trying to force their beliefs onto us. This is the 21st century, goddamnit. It woulden't kill you to act more sane. Hmmm? Can we do that? Nope, I guess scince morality is obselete, we can just grab our AK-47s and go at it like the amoral animals we are!
Have a wonderful day!

I'm Agnostic "open to the idea of a god, who really knows, ect yada yada" but I agree with what you say about morality. I find a lot of the time people will join the bashwagon against religion simply to try and sound as though they have had some great revelation. Philosophical bullying, "my belief's better then yours . " Which is ironically what fueled most of the religious wars in the first place.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 14:45:40

People aren't going to church because they would rather be lazy and watch it on t.v.

Also churches aren't like they ust to be. There focused on more power of the preacher then more power of the lord.

-THESNOOPSGUY

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 14:50:14

This thread is too intelligent for the BBS!

picture is related.

SirKillington is your new god.

Mongo just pawn... in game of life.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 14:51:36

At 8/12/09 02:50 PM, newgroundskeeperjim wrote: This thread is too intelligent for the BBS!
picture is related.

Yep, This isn't the proper place to have this discussion. People will put religion down more then give the real facts.

-THESNOOPSGUY

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 14:53:51

At 8/12/09 12:53 PM, Victory wrote: So how many atheists have you met? (In terms of hundred-millions).

Sorry for not being specific. What I mean was that in the towns and cities that I lived in (which has been 3), most of the Catholic people were really decent (maybe because I am Catholic), while most of the non-religious people I've talked to are sort of warped in personality, like the computer and gamer geeks. Maybe it's just the places I've been to, but that's how I view the world.

Funny how the Christians that I have met tend to do this sort of thing all the time.. demonstrate unwillingness to have anyone discuss or critique their own faith, an action which they would regard as intolerant and rude, whilst slipping in judgmental comments towards other religious stances.

I don't know how to tackle this one. Perhaps we are hypocrites to our own word, which reinforces the idea that religious arguments get us nowhere.

Assuming control.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 15:00:21

At 8/12/09 02:51 PM, THESNOOPESGUY wrote: Yep, This isn't the proper place to have this discussion. People will put religion down more then give the real facts.

Indeed. In a place where people usually talk about penises in the place of various appendages, you just can't debate religion. It's the wrong place.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 15:12:41

I'm catholic, i don't go to church, I've sinned a shit load of times, i believe in god, though i used to be agnostic. I'm not biased about this, i don't try to shove my opinions and beliefs down others throat, i don't care if you're Atheist, Muslim, Buddhist, or Christian, i base my judgement and hate/appeal on performance, and i respect your opinion and beliefs, even if they go directly against my own.
If all of you mother fucking dick weeds, would act like this, we wouldn't have these endless debates and flame wars. The ones who want others to agree with them whether they like it or not, the ones who feel like they should be smart asses and make a thread on why they are right and the others are wrong.

Most of you atheists are only doing what you are against, except without the god part. You're as annoying as a Jehovas witness and extremists. If you don't believe you don't believe, can you stick a cock in it and move on with your life.

And you fucking extremists out there. SHUT THE FUCK UP! Let the rest disbelieve or believe in something else if they want. You are no one to try to force it down their throats, they have the same amount of right that you have to believe in whatever the fuck they want. Now stick a cock in it, and go on with your life.

Regardless if you're right or wrong, acting this way only makes you as low as the next guy

To those who read, and actually listened. I say thank you, and wish to you, a good day

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 15:14:29

im christian.

flame in 3...2...1...

Your soul tastes like chocolate pudding.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 15:16:41

I believe this picture is in order for this thread about now.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 15:18:46

At 8/11/09 11:29 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: You don't need to go to church to believe in God or be religious. I stopped going a while ago, and while I still believe in God, I'm a hell of a lot happier now than when I was going.

Same here, not going to church doesn't make you atheist although I'm thinking about going back to church one day

It's a good church, I'll be surprised if certain "you-know-what" happens.

Please subscribe

"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"

.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 15:26:25

At 8/12/09 02:35 PM, ThePretenders wrote: Yes, their dominance is why I have negative views of Christianity.

So you admit that if any other belief was dominant, you'd believe that the world would be better without said belief? Even if it was atheism?

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 15:39:29

At 8/11/09 11:24 PM, steelsammy wrote: I've noticed that less and less people go to church today. It's really sadening to see more and more people turn from the Lord to atheisam. Are any of you loyal christians still out there? Hello? Is any one left?

So now Christian and Atheism are the only options? Also, if going to church makes you Christian, does going in the garage make you a car?

Steam: Captain Iguana

Xbl: Darth Iguana

PSN: Mayor-Iguana

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 18:18:26

Even as I walk through the shadow of the Valley of Death, I shall fear no Evil. Semper Fidelis

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 18:19:04

Well, it's simple really; church is a waste of time. Besides, it's the 21th century and there is no longer a need for myth and superstition.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 18:25:04

At 8/12/09 02:51 PM, THESNOOPESGUY wrote:
At 8/12/09 02:50 PM, newgroundskeeperjim wrote: This thread is too intelligent for the BBS!
picture is related.
Yep, This isn't the proper place to have this discussion. People will put religion down more then give the real facts.

You generally don't combine "religion" and "facts". In fact, Christianity asks and requires you to take things on faith.

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 19:20:51

At 8/12/09 06:04 PM, Victory wrote: Does a warped-in personality constitute 'low moral standards'?

Normally so. Referring back to the caffeine-induced gamer nerds, the TV/computer is their life and warps their personality based on what they're watching. So media plays a part in this sexually-crazed culture. Apart from that, not much comes to mind because the brainwashing media is so prevalent.

Yes we're taking this debate toward the media, tell me otherwise and we'll kill it.

Furthermore, you live in America; would it not be the case that, when a large majority of the population are Christian, the usual social isolates (the 'gamer nerds' you have referred to) would not also adopt the most isolating ideologies and beliefs as a response to rejection from their peers? Can you generalise this to atheists who live in a country where Christianity is not the vast norm religion of the population?

Yes I guess the 'gamer nerds' would adopt their isolating ideologies from being rejected by the majority. I know it's not right to generalize atheists that way, but I do so because that's most of what I've seen. Almost like the way people generalize blacks to be inner city gangsters, until they meet some that are completely opposite of what they thought. I'm still waiting for that moment with atheists.

Assuming control.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 19:35:06

At 8/12/09 12:47 PM, SeeInTheDark wrote: So I don't know where you all are getting that Christianity is/has been dwindling. Christianity, ever evolving, is thriving.

Christianity is growing only in places like Asia and Africa, where people are poor, ignorant, uneducated, prone to superstition and EASILY tempted by a promise of a better life after death. It leaves them vulnerable to religious exploiters that have an economical and political imperative to spread their religious ideology.

Why do you think the Pope is opposed to condoms? Because the Vatican KNOWS that if the people are struggling with issues like overpopulation, they depend ever more on the handouts by religious organizations. It has nothing to do with helping people, their goal is simply to create and maintain an artificial bond of dependence.

In civilized places like Europe and North America, people are becoming less and less religious.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 19:37:23

God bless Atheism.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 19:43:10

Am I a Christian? No.

There may be a god (or gods), but given just how many religions there have been, in the past and present day, and how many people have been killed trough history in their names, I'm just happier keeping to myself. It's worked so far, and should work many years down the road.

Account is Dormant.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 19:45:39

Hm, well not anybody who possesses a three-digit IQ.

BTW:

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 19:45:49

At 8/11/09 11:24 PM, steelsammy wrote: I've noticed that less and less people go to church today. It's really sadening to see more and more people turn from the Lord to atheisam. Are any of you loyal christians still out there? Hello? Is any one left?

Atheists have Geographical records, fossils, and ice core samples that date back millions of years. They also have carbon printing.

You have....a...book.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 19:53:05

Main reason no one actually cares anymore?...

The fact it doesn't relate to us... At all...

We already know that we have to get on with each other and that we have to be all happy and friendly, and keep all the insults behind their back, because this is what we do in every day life.
We don't need the church telling us what to do.

It's practically a broken record... They tell people the same crap over and over again, after a while the brain can only take so much before it realises that it is bullshit...
Sure, you can keep trying to decieve yourself, but the entire basis of the religion is flawed and hypocritical; not to mention how the religion was conceived back when they knew next to nothing of how the world worked...

Give me proof of god, proof of anything to do with christianity that is actually true...
You give me proof, and I'll stop being an asshole.

And don't use the bullshit faith argument. You lot try to use science to prove god is real... Prove it. Don't ask me to just believe, since I have seen all of these flaws; and it just goes to show how naive people can be...
I suppose its centuries of brain washing... If you were atheist back in the roman-medieval times, you were shunned if not executed... Over time, people must have just fallen into routine and forgotten the true roots of this cult.

Being inconsiderate about Michael Jackson since 25/05/09

Best. Animation. Ever. (NSFW/FL?)

Blind users club

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 19:54:39

At 8/12/09 07:45 PM, MrSmirkODouche wrote: Hm, well not anybody who possesses a three-digit IQ.

BTW:

That insult was bad and you should feel bad.

Give me cash and receive arts!

(thanks for the years of Lulu/Payne r34 my loyal dealers)

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 19:57:07

I like to think we are evolving out of that crap.

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-12 19:58:41

Also...
Religious trolls fail.

Being inconsiderate about Michael Jackson since 25/05/09

Best. Animation. Ever. (NSFW/FL?)

Blind users club

BBS Signature

Response to Is anyone still christian? 2009-08-13 02:30:31

besides, people who fear hell are bible huggers who live out their lives in a cottage with no computer no tv no answering machine or anything like that, because the internet is sin, technology is sin, makeup is sin..... good god i could go on for days with stupid sins

Blasphemy is a sin, and your bad at that one.

Don't fuck with ninja's!

Newgrounds Blog Topic- Easy Medals

BBS Signature