00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

cosoden just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

186,553 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-04-30 11:49:05

At 4/30/15 07:06 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Yeah, FFX has the best ost.

Do you have proof for your claim? How about a link?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-08-01 16:51:03

Was cleaning out my cupboard today and saw an opportunity to give this thread a bump. Dragged out most of my consoles to try and store them in a way that took up less space and had them all laid out so thought I'd take a picture. Most of these haven't been used for quite a while now (layer of dust on them all) but going to be trying to put some of them to use in the near future. Have my eye on the GameCube just now.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-08-01 17:22:23

Consoles Owned: PS3 & PS4.

Online User Names: flame-wolfe1 (PSN.)

Current Games Being Played: Deadpool, Batman Arkham Knight.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-08-01 18:36:05

At 8/1/15 04:51 PM, Dean wrote: Was cleaning out my cupboard today and saw an opportunity to give this thread a bump. Dragged out most of my consoles to try and store them in a way that took up less space and had them all laid out so thought I'd take a picture. Most of these haven't been used for quite a while now (layer of dust on them all) but going to be trying to put some of them to use in the near future. Have my eye on the GameCube just now.

god, even now i still feel that you guys got the better looking super nintendo design by far

when the hell is the regular new 3ds coming to north america anyways? some of us prefer smaller devices...

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-08-02 01:40:52

At 8/1/15 06:36 PM, Cubone wrote:
At 8/1/15 04:51 PM, Dean wrote: Was cleaning out my cupboard today and saw an opportunity to give this thread a bump. Dragged out most of my consoles to try and store them in a way that took up less space and had them all laid out so thought I'd take a picture. Most of these haven't been used for quite a while now (layer of dust on them all) but going to be trying to put some of them to use in the near future. Have my eye on the GameCube just now.
god, even now i still feel that you guys got the better looking super nintendo design by far

I hate how easily the plastic on the US SNES consoles turns from grey to piss yellow. I really need to clean mine off, it bothers the hell out of me every time I look at it.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-08-02 04:54:43

At 8/2/15 01:40 AM, Jercurpac wrote: I hate how easily the plastic on the US SNES consoles turns from grey to piss yellow. I really need to clean mine off, it bothers the hell out of me every time I look at it.

I've seen a lot of UK consoles that have done that too. They turn a similar colour to the Atari ST or Commodore64 in the back corners of that photo. Both of those have yellowed a lot. I've seen some methods of restoring the colour though and some people have posted videos of turning horribly yellow consoles back to near enough their original colour.

BBS Signature

Barkley 2: The Promise Has Been Made

new trailer came out, shows no new gameplay but it reflects the values of Barkley 1 perfectly

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-08-25 18:31:34

At 8/24/15 08:07 PM, Cubone wrote: Barkley 2: The Promise Has Been Made
new trailer came out, shows no new gameplay but it reflects the values of Barkley 1 perfectly

Another Barkley game? I would have to see more before I gave it a chance.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-10-15 12:27:38

At 10/9/15 10:12 PM, kanef wrote: oh sweet god yes
i need to play barkley 1, found out about it through cboyardees dilbert shit

Did you complete it, or just play for fun?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-10-23 01:59:00

Probably gonna buy a PS3 tomorrow. If all PS3 games were available for PS4 (or if it were backwards compatible) I'd get that, but I think I'll just save 100-130 bucks and wait a while instead. Can't get Folklore, Dragon's Crown, J Stars or JJBA on PS4. MKX, Fallout 4 and Second Son make it tempting, but it can probably wait. Just hoping the built in wifi works so I can also download games.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-10-23 09:16:16

Fuck it, maybe I'll just get a PS4 and miss out on Dragon's Crown, JJBA and Folklore. It already has God of War 3, the Last of Us, Uncharted trilogy and is apparently going to have Heavy Rain and it actually does have J Stars. Hopefully, that new Vanillaware game and the Odin Sphere remake will be released in America on PS4. Maybe I'll get a used 60 gig fat PS3 some day for the PS3 exclusives I can't play plus the CD ROM PS2 games my PS2 has either been unable to play or had a really hard time with since I got it 13-14 years ago. Might want to grab an HDMI splitter if I'm doing this, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-10-24 12:00:28

Not a whole lot for me to do this weekend so installing some random stuff that's been sitting in my Steam library without me even really being aware of them:

King's Bounty: The Legend
Strider
Ridge Racer Unbounded
Stepbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Bionic Commando Rearmed

No idea if I'll spend much time on any of them, but worth a go. They all seem a bit different to the stuff I'd usually play.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-10-24 13:31:31

Just been playing TF2 recently, enjoying the recent content updates, for a game that so many consider "dead" it gets updated really often.

I'm going to be buying an Xbox One, I know, the PS4 is the superior console blah blah blah, but I feel Microsoft has been really trying to please it's customers, while the PS4 has been fairly stagnant since launch. XBO has a new Windows 10 interface coming very soon, a lot of games are about to receive backwards compatibility support, a new controller has been released supporting 3.5mm headphones (I know, PS4 has had it since launch), and I like to consume a lot of media, which as far as I know the Xbox is WAY better at dealing with, supporting content searches across multiple distributors, eg, you can search for say "The Office" and the Xbox will search across Netflix, Hulu, Xbox Store, maybe Plex too for any content matching that, which is amazing IMO, it also supports DNLA something the PS4 promised at launch but still lacks 2 years down the road (I think).

It also has a better games line up this holiday season imo, what With Halo 5, Forza 6, Tomb Raider 2, and GoW Ultimate edition. Whereas the PS4 has The Uncharted Collection as it's only AAA title, and even then it's only a remaster, for shame Sony. As mentioned obviously games usually run at a higher resolution and often higher graphical settings, but honestly, if you're not comparing them side by side you would struggle to say which is which, and I don't think it's hugely important either, I just want to play the latest games, I don't care which version is slightly better than the other. I'm gonna miss out on some great PS4 exclusives in the future, like anything by Naughty Dog and many Japanese/Eastern games, but honestly I don't play many of those.

I'm open to change my mind, so if anyone has anything to add I'd love to hear it.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-10-25 07:09:20

At 10/24/15 01:31 PM, iMini wrote: I'm open to change my mind, so if anyone has anything to add I'd love to hear it.

Nothing to add, but I've really been struggling to find a reason to want to get any of the current gen consoles ever since I got myself a half decent PC. I did come very close to buying a WiiU at one point, which surprised me actually, but I just felt like of the three consoles, the WiiU had the most fun looking exclusives. Mostly talking about the first party stuff. Also really wanted a WiiU for whenever the new Zelda is released. Not been paying much attention at all to current console news, but I heard there's a new Nintendo console being talked about which put me off getting the WiiU for now.

I don't really play my consoles at all these days, or game much in general. I bought a little AV to HDMI converter/upscaler in the hopes of playing my retro consoles more often again, but it's a hassle having to set them up with my current setup.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-10-25 08:13:50

At 10/25/15 07:09 AM, Dean wrote:
At 10/24/15 01:31 PM, iMini wrote: I'm open to change my mind, so if anyone has anything to add I'd love to hear it.
Nothing to add, but I've really been struggling to find a reason to want to get any of the current gen consoles ever since I got myself a half decent PC. I did come very close to buying a WiiU at one point, which surprised me actually, but I just felt like of the three consoles, the WiiU had the most fun looking exclusives. Mostly talking about the first party stuff. Also really wanted a WiiU for whenever the new Zelda is released. Not been paying much attention at all to current console news, but I heard there's a new Nintendo console being talked about which put me off getting the WiiU for now.

I don't really play my consoles at all these days, or game much in general. I bought a little AV to HDMI converter/upscaler in the hopes of playing my retro consoles more often again, but it's a hassle having to set them up with my current setup.

Yeah if I could afford a half decent PC I'd probably get that, but consoles are really fairly priced right now IMO. I see some really good deals on Wii U's get posted on Hot UK Deals, a Wii U and any other console is probably the best set up you can have, I really like the look of the new Zelda, and Mario Maker looks neat too.

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-11-01 11:29:03

Just watched some of the Fallout 4 trailers/clips for the first time and this looks so much better than I was expecting, and I had pretty high expectations. Kind of fallen out the loop with video game news recently, but had this on pre-order for a while now and realise it's being released soon, so thought I'd have a look.

Can't remember the last time I was this excited to play something. Starting to wonder if I should take a few days off work for it...

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-11-01 13:19:45

At 10/24/15 12:00 PM, Dean wrote: King's Bounty: The Legend
Strider
Ridge Racer Unbounded
Stepbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Bionic Commando Rearmed

How were they? Which one did you enjoy the best?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-11-01 13:47:11

At 11/1/15 01:19 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: How were they? Which one did you enjoy the best?

The only one that I ended up playing was Bionic Commando, and it actually seemed pretty fun. Feels like the kind of game that will take a little while to get used to. You need quick reflexes in some bits, and it was taking me too long to think about what I was doing. Think it's mostly just because the grappling control feel a bit strange.

I did play a little bit of King's Bounty too, which seemed pretty cool but never spent enough time with it get a proper opinion.

Sunk a few hours into Torchlight 2 again this week and was actually quite enjoying that, but been a few days since I was last on it. At this point I think I might just lay off games until Fallout 4 arrives. Was starting to get worried that I'd get Fallout 4 and then barely play it, but after watching the trailers today I'm actually quite excited for it.

BBS Signature

At 11/1/15 01:47 PM, Dean wrote:
At 11/1/15 01:19 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: How were they? Which one did you enjoy the best?
The only one that I ended up playing was Bionic Commando, and it actually seemed pretty fun. Feels like the kind of game that will take a little while to get used to. You need quick reflexes in some bits, and it was taking me too long to think about what I was doing. Think it's mostly just because the grappling control feel a bit strange.

I played and beat the NES Bionic Commando, so the remake was not as difficult.

until Fallout 4 arrives. Was starting to get worried that I'd get Fallout 4 and then barely play it, but after watching the trailers today I'm actually quite excited for it.

Fallout 4 will be the game to play when it arrives.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-11-01 19:11:59

At 10/24/15 01:31 PM, iMini wrote: Just been playing TF2 recently, enjoying the recent content updates, for a game that so many consider "dead" it gets updated really often.

I'm going to be buying an Xbox One, I know, the PS4 is the superior console blah blah blah, but I feel Microsoft has been really trying to please it's customers, while the PS4 has been fairly stagnant since launch.

I bought a PS4 recently because I kinda regretted picking 360 over PS3 last generation. The only really worthwhile thing IMO that 360 had that PS3 didn't was the Left 4 Dead games. Gears of War was okay, not that good and I never even got around to playing Halo 3 and 4, though I'm sure they're decent. Meanwhile I really wanted God of War 3, Heavy Rain, the Last of Us, Dragon's Crown and Folklore. Plus Kratos in MK 9. Who knows if I made the better choice this time, but I'm loving the hell out of Infamous: Second Son and I finally have God of War 3 and can get the Last of Us eventually. Uncharted is pretty good so far as well, but Infamous is just a blast. Maybe sometime I'll get a used 60gb fat PS3 to play the stuff that won't be ported plus the blue PS2 games my PS2 always screamed at me for putting in it.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Anybody play FF Type-0? I didn't even know that was a thing. It looks good.

Also, I found out my PS4 controller works as a great gamepad for my emulators. Just have to keep the system on, though. And I have to redo input often when loading ROMs but whatever.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-11-08 21:09:55

One of these days I'm going to have to buy a PC for gaming that just seems like the best platform that has the most going for me.Preferably with hardware to run Metal Gear Solid 5 and The witcher 3 to run at Maxed out Settings

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-11-09 09:04:36

At 11/8/15 09:09 PM, argile wrote: One of these days I'm going to have to buy a PC for gaming that just seems like the best platform that has the most going for me.Preferably with hardware to run Metal Gear Solid 5 and The witcher 3 to run at Maxed out Settings

The Witcher 3 has one of the best Soundtracks I've heard to come out recently ,I might as well make it a my new standard for gaming.

At 10/24/15 01:31 PM, iMini wrote: I'm going to be buying an Xbox One

I bought a bonebox 180 shortly after E3 this year and I've been really liking it. The instant-on feature is brilliant and the menus are so much faster and more fluid than on the 360, and if the windows 10 upgrade is even half as good as advertised it'll get significantly faster yet again. There's just lots of small things like being able to view the achievements list while still playing the game that make it feel nice.

The biggest benefit the PS4 seems to have is that game install times are faster. The graphical differences between 360 and xbone are often unnoticeable to me unless you're viewing them side by side, let alone the difference between the bone and PS4. From what I understand it does do multitasking better than the PS4. I don't use the multimedia capabilities often at all but it's really nice watching netflix or youtube then instantly switching back to where you left off in your game without any loading in between.

At 11/2/15 09:17 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Anybody play FF Type-0? I didn't even know that was a thing. It looks good.

I bought the HD version a while ago but didn't get far into it. It sill definitely feels like a PSP game which is a bit shit on an eighth generation system and what I played was just a lot of simple, repetitive combat. I'll give it a proper go when I run out of other things to play, from what I understand once it gets going it has much more in common with classic FF than any of the major releases in a long time.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-11-09 21:06:06

At 11/8/15 09:09 PM, argile wrote: One of these days I'm going to have to buy a PC for gaming that just seems like the best platform that has the most going for me.Preferably with hardware to run Metal Gear Solid 5 and The witcher 3 to run at Maxed out Settings

Nothing wrong with having a gaming PC, but don't throw your consoles away.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-11-09 22:21:03

At 11/9/15 12:54 PM, Jackho wrote:
At 10/24/15 01:31 PM, iMini wrote:
The biggest benefit the PS4 seems to have is that game install times are faster. The graphical differences between 360 and xbone are often unnoticeable to me unless you're viewing them side by side, let alone the difference between the bone and PS4.

I don't really have an eye for graphics, but man, the facial expressions and body language in Infamous Second Son are nuts.

From what I understand it does do multitasking better than the PS4. I don't use the multimedia capabilities often at all but it's really nice watching netflix or youtube then instantly switching back to where you left off in your game without any loading in between.

I didn't really care about the media part of it when I got it, but I'm using the shit out of it now. The YouTube app and internet browser beat the fuck out of the Wii's, which I was using often before this. And there's streaming sites that actually work on this thing unlike the Wii, which did jack shit. Dailymotion, Dubbedcrazy and Stream-TV are bookmarked on mine. And there's the Crunchyroll and Crackle apps as well. My friend's got Spotify on his, which is cool. We were listening to albums while playing games.

Also, the controller is just excellent. I love the rechargeable battery. I've got it plugged into my computer since it's next to my couch so it can charge over here while I use it. It also works as a game pad for my emulators. You have to keep the PS4 turned on, though, which means it'll receive all those button presses, but I just put on the Bladestorm demo since it won't do anything until you push the touchpad button to start the game. So I just map out all the other buttons and leave that alone. Oh, and plugging headphones into the controller is pretty sweet.

At 11/2/15 09:17 AM, Sense-Offender wrote: Anybody play FF Type-0? I didn't even know that was a thing. It looks good.
I bought the HD version a while ago but didn't get far into it. It sill definitely feels like a PSP game which is a bit shit on an eighth generation system and what I played was just a lot of simple, repetitive combat. I'll give it a proper go when I run out of other things to play, from what I understand once it gets going it has much more in common with classic FF than any of the major releases in a long time.

Oh, it was originally a PSP game. I didn't realize that. It caught my eye seeing that M rating on the box of a Final Fantasy game and then I saw from videos and screenshots that it appears to be a hack n' slash, which is like my favorite kind of game. I've never been a fan of turn based strategy games, but I used to try to get into lots of them including several FF games since I really like the fantasy part of it. This made me think of Drakengard. Loved the first one, but the second didn't really live up and it was a bummer to see all the low ratings the third one got. This has gotten a pretty good reception as far as I've seen, though.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-11-09 22:47:01

At 11/9/15 09:06 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

True I would be missing many exclusives and multiplatform titles if were to do away with my consoles.They do after all hold a sentimental value with each individual gaming experiance. It would give me a reason to buy a Wii u To since emulation of that console won't happen anytime soon .

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-11-09 23:18:11

At 11/9/15 10:47 PM, argile wrote:
At 11/9/15 09:06 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

It would give me a reason to buy a Wii u To since emulation of that console won't happen anytime soon .
Maybe I should make either xbox 1 or ps4 to be my secondary console of choice for this current generation.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-11-10 00:56:45

At 11/9/15 09:31 PM, X-Gary-Gigax-X wrote: I'm trying to sell my old collection on eBay but need help. Is now a good time to sell, or just to buy?

What is in your collection. Only certain items seem to be in demand.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2015-11-28 13:00:16

Just bought Deadly Premonition for the 4th time. Originally played on Xbox 360, then I had to check out the Directors Cut on PS3 and then I ended up getting the PC version in a Humble Bundle or something. I've ended up buying another PS3 copy, only this time it's Classified Edition that has only just been released.

As far as the BBS goes, I always felt pretty alone in liking this game. I understand why people dislike it, but the people who can look past the flaws seem to rate this game so highly.

Anyway, this edition comes with some playing cards, which I was hoping would be the in-game trading cards, but it's a DP themed set of playing cards. There's also a 25 track soundtrack CD, hardcover book which contains info about all the characters and the game itself.

Not going to recommend that people pick this up, because you can get the standard editions of the game for next to nothing these days if you're interested in giving it a shot, but it's pretty cool to finally see some kind of collectors edition of this game. Given that this is probably my favorite game of all time, I had to get this.

Also, in the unlikely event that someone reading this does pick up this edition and is playing for the first time, don't open the hardback book until you're done with the game. Spoilers everywhere.

BBS Signature