00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Neptuno84 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

186,361 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-05 21:12:09

At 11/4/12 09:17 PM, ZJ wrote: Go see Wreck-It Ralph guys. It's one of the best video game movies ever. Trust me on this.

I'm going to see it purely for Zangief.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-06 04:33:58

What with work and what not, gaming's taken a backseat at the minute. Don't think I've booted up my console in over a week. However, I've got a load of unused holiday's at work I'm trying to use and so starting tomorrow I've got three whole days off for the first time in a long time. Que lots of TV, gaming and movies.

|| Portfolio || Facebook || Twitter ||

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-06 04:59:05

At 11/6/12 04:33 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: What with work and what not, gaming's taken a backseat at the minute. Don't think I've booted up my console in over a week.

You're small-time.

I'm going on three months.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-06 05:18:00

At 11/6/12 04:59 AM, Oolaph wrote:
At 11/6/12 04:33 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: What with work and what not, gaming's taken a backseat at the minute. Don't think I've booted up my console in over a week.
You're small-time.

I'm going on three months.

I'd say you win, but I don't really think you do.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-07 14:27:17

At 11/6/12 05:18 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: I'd say you win, but I don't really think you do.

You callin' me a liar, punk?

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-08 06:55:44

I was watching someone playing Deadly Premonition on YouTube last night and it made me want to start playing it again. I just don't have the time though :(

On the bright side only a few more weeks before the semester is over. Then I'll have a few weeks with not much to do. The perfect opportunity to play video games.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-08 08:49:31

At 11/4/12 09:17 PM, ZJ wrote: Go see Wreck-It Ralph guys. It's one of the best video game movies ever. Trust me on this.

Well the bar for video game films isn't set that high so... :p

But yeah, I was already planning on checking it out when I first saw the trailer. I heard there weren't that many video game references in it though, but it's good nonetheless.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-08 16:47:29

For some bizarre reason it's not coming out in theaters over here until feb 2013 :C

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-09 02:36:06

At 11/8/12 04:47 PM, Jackho wrote:
For some bizarre reason it's not coming out in theaters over here until feb 2013 :C

What a bunch of horseshit. You guys deserve this movie NOW.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-09 23:55:48

Not too late for a fellow game enthusiast joining the thread, is it? Granted, I haven't been able to play as many games as I would like to (YAY COLLEGE :P), but I still play a bit from time to time.

Oh, and I too wish to watch Wreck-It Ralph, although I doubt I can watch it until it comes out on DVD.

Nothing short of seven flavors of awesome sauce... with some extra-violence glaze on the side!

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-10 07:54:14

School holidays are coming up soon so I will probably have a chance to see Wreck-it-Ralph then

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-10 11:29:18

I seem to tell myself that I never have any time to play video games any more but it just struck me that I've been watching what is essentially a "Lets Play". I could be using this time to play game for myself. Well, in reality I should probably be doing work but spending this time pissing about on the internet is no less of a time waster than playing video games.

As for "lets play" videos, they're not something I used to enjoy watching. To me, it seemed silly to watch people play a game when I could be doing it myself. These days though, I actually quite like them depending on who's playing them. I've been enjoying some of the GameGrumps videos and more recently I've been watching Video Games Awesome because I like their set up and style of video. I'm actually watching their Deadly Premonition play through now. I guess in a way they're more interesting than playing the games myself (depending on who's playing) because they bring a level of comedy to it but then you're sacrificing the first hand experience and immersion of the game. I really want to keep watching this Deadly Premonition playthrough but it has now passed the point that I got to when I played it. If I continued watching I'd be less motivated to play through the rest of the game myself.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-10 14:43:06

I intend to ask my sister to take me to see Wreck it Ralph.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-18 06:26:40

So I decided to set up the GameCube yesterday and start playing the Resident Evil remake. I've never made much progress with it in the past but I'm somehow doing better this time than I previously did. Ammo doesn't seem to be in such short supply and I have a small stockpile of herbs. It has become one of those games that really makes me want to know what the hell is going on. Still not too far into the game though. Been trying to open every door possible with the first key but I must be missing one because the key should disappear once I've opened all possible doors, right? I was waiting for that to happen before I blow the dog whistle and attempt to get the next key.

It was nice to play a video game again but I still can't see it becoming a regular thing. Still, less than a month before my exams are over and then I'll have three weeks to get through as many games as I can be bothered to play. I've got a big list of stuff I'd like to play which I already own. Too big a list to get through in a few weeks. Here's a few of the more interesting games that I'm wanting to play through:

Deadly Premonition
Dragon Quest VIII
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask
Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2, XII
Resident Evil, RE4
Fallout: New Vegas
Star Ocean: Second Evolution, Till The End of Time, The Last Hope
Infinite Undiscovery
Popolocrois
Grandia II
Breath of Fire III
Metroid Prime
Chrono Trigger
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim

So yea, there's probably enough games there to last me a couple years, never mind a couple weeks. You guys got any games sitting around that you've not had a chance to play yet? If not, any games out there that you're really wanting to play?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-18 12:03:14

At 11/18/12 06:26 AM, Dean wrote:
Chrono Trigger

I got this from Nintendo's Virtual Console a short while ago and have put off playing it. It seems like a lot of fun, but it's so damn epic. It's hard to get lost. Curious to hear your thoughts on this when you finally start playing.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-18 12:30:29

At 11/18/12 12:03 PM, ZJ wrote: I got this from Nintendo's Virtual Console a short while ago and have put off playing it. It seems like a lot of fun, but it's so damn epic. It's hard to get lost. Curious to hear your thoughts on this when you finally start playing.

It's the DS version that I have so it's lower on my list of priorities because of that. I just don't enjoy handheld gaming as much. But yea, it's meant to be an amazing game so when I do start playing it, I'll go in with the assumption that it is overrated, just to cover myself in case I feel let down by it. I'm expecting it to be good, but just not "best game ever" good, which is what some people suggest.

I listed some other handheld games for the PSP that I'd love to get around to playing but again, they're lower down on my list of priorities too. I'm not sure why I don't enjoy handheld gaming as much. I think it's just the initial thought of having to use a tiny screen and I always find myself in weird positions if I'm playing for any great length of time because it's a bit of a pain in the ass to hold those things up for so long. Once I get into it though, I don't really notice. I played through Star Ocean: First Departure and Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core not too long back and got really into them, despite being on the PSP.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-18 14:14:37

At 11/10/12 11:29 AM, Dean wrote: As for "lets play" videos, they're not something I used to enjoy watching. To me, it seemed silly to watch people play a game when I could be doing it myself. These days though, I actually quite like them depending on who's playing them.

I like to watch them for games that I intend to play someday or for games that I've played myself. Although I'll only watch a few episodes at most. I just don't have time to sit through 50+ ten minutes long episodes.

At 11/18/12 06:26 AM, Dean wrote: So yea, there's probably enough games there to last me a couple years, never mind a couple weeks. You guys got any games sitting around that you've not had a chance to play yet? If not, any games out there that you're really wanting to play?

Let's me just check my play list here...:

Morrowind (still need to finish)
Persona: Revelations (still need to finish)
Final Fantasy IV DS (still need to finish)
Metal Gear Solid
Persona 2
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Fire Emblem - Shadow Dragon (still need to finish)
Ace Attorney Investigations - Miles Edgeworth
Secrets of Mana
Advance Wars Dual Strike (still need to finish, although I don't care about it much)
Tales of Phantasia
Dragon Quest X
Lunar Silver Star Story

I'm mostly playing Morrowind right now, which is going to take up so much time that my play list is just going to keep on growing for a while. And soon we'll have the holidays sale on Steam which I'm sure is going to add few more to the list.

Next to this I got a shitload of work to do for uni, even during the Christmas break. I feel like I won't get to playing that many of them until the Summer holidays...

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-18 14:37:00

At 11/18/12 06:26 AM, Dean wrote: If not, any games out there that you're really wanting to play?

Persona 4 Golden when it finally has a European release. I could probably just import it though. Not much else besides that. A lot of the AAA titles this year don't interest me in the slightest. I was really looking forward to Persona 4 Arena earlier this year, though I doubt I'll be seeing that until next year too.

It really sucks being on this continent sometimes.

UNCLE///

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-18 17:56:39

At 11/18/12 06:26 AM, Dean wrote:
You guys got any games sitting around that you've not had a chance to play yet? If not, any games out there that you're really wanting to play?

Shit. I forgot to answer this. I've got GunStar Heroes, River City Ransom, Chrono Trigger, Harvest Moon, Castlevania III, and Super Metroid waiting to be played. It's amazing how pumped I'll be for these games when I buy them off of the Virtual Console, but how quickly I'll forget about them. :O

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-18 18:26:45

At 11/10/12 02:43 PM, Sense-Offender wrote: I intend to ask my sister to take me to see Wreck it Ralph.

lol what a kid

This is my signature. It is a nice signature.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-18 19:11:59

I miss those days when I'd become obsessed with a game, nowadays is more of a "I'll play whenever I get time" and I'm ok with it. Maybe I'm just getting old and pathetic :(

I blame work. And life.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-19 05:13:03

At 11/18/12 06:26 AM, Dean wrote: You guys got any games sitting around that you've not had a chance to play yet?

Lots :(

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-19 06:33:34

At 11/18/12 02:14 PM, Auz wrote: Metal Gear Solid

I know it's one of those games that everyone seems to have played but I only recently played it myself and I have to say, fantastic game. I'd possibly even go as far to say it was my favourite of the first 3 MGS games. I can't comment on the 4th because I've not played that. I think I just loved the simplicity of it and I think it had the best boss battles.

At 11/19/12 05:13 AM, DannyIsOnFire wrote: Lots :(

Oh god, don't remind me about Backloggery. It's good for keeping track of what games are in my collection but I hate looking at it and realising that I've got 487 unbeaten games. Added you to my multitap btw. But yea, I don't think I'll ever beat every game that I own.

At 11/18/12 07:11 PM, sayomgwtf wrote: I miss those days when I'd become obsessed with a game, nowadays is more of a "I'll play whenever I get time" and I'm ok with it. Maybe I'm just getting old and pathetic :(

Yea, I'm pretty much the same. A lot of the time I don't even play games when I have a little free time because there doesn't seem much point in starting on a 70+ hour JRPG when I know I'm only going to be able to play it for a couple hours each week or something.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-19 10:30:40

At 11/19/12 06:33 AM, Dean wrote:
At 11/18/12 02:14 PM, Auz wrote: Metal Gear Solid
I know it's one of those games that everyone seems to have played but I only recently played it myself and I have to say, fantastic game. I'd possibly even go as far to say it was my favourite of the first 3 MGS games. I can't comment on the 4th because I've not played that. I think I just loved the simplicity of it and I think it had the best boss battles.

In terms of boss battles, I feel MGS3 does best with them. Although the identities of each boss fight in MGS1 were brilliant, MGS3 does take a step further with the Cobra Unit and the battle against the Shagohod/Volgin and to think the game is yet to be done after all of that.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-19 10:37:49

At 11/19/12 10:30 AM, Bahamut wrote: In terms of boss battles, I feel MGS3 does best with them. Although the identities of each boss fight in MGS1 were brilliant

I think it was the battle with Psycho Mantis in particular that I really liked. I thought having to switch controller port was pretty unique although I wish I didn't know about that prior to the battle. It would have probably pissed me off if I never knew to do that, unless it hints that you should do that.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-19 13:00:08

At 11/19/12 10:37 AM, Dean wrote: It would have probably pissed me off if I never knew to do that, unless it hints that you should do that.

It does, if you've had several game overs and you're still using controller port 1. Colonel calls you to suggest switching over.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-19 16:05:22

I forgot to mention that I got a pretty sweet deal on eBay today, although I wont get my hopes up because I get the feeling the guy will screw me over and offer a refund or something. Hopefully he won't, because I was really pleased to win this auction.

Basically, I've had about 100 Sinclare ZX Spectrum games sitting in my room for 2 years but no system to play them on. I randomly came across an auction for a ZX Spectrum 128k +2 on eBay and managed to win the auction at 99p (which is about $1.40 to you Americans) + postage. Thing is, these computers usually sell for like £20 and I only got it cheap because the seller misspelt "Spectrum" as "Spectrun" so people searching for these computers wouldn't have found it. In fairness, I'd be pretty pissed if I was auctioning off something like that and it only sold for 99p but whatever. He took the chance of not putting in a reserve so I'm expecting to receive it.

Really hoping the guy does send me it but I wouldn't be too surprised if it gets "lost in the mail" and is re-listed on eBay not long after. Also not too sure where I'm going to store this. The shelves that I use for storing old consoles / home computers are full up.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-19 19:16:20

I saw Wreck-It Ralph, which was great.

At 11/18/12 06:26 AM, Dean wrote: So yea, there's probably enough games there to last me a couple years, never mind a couple weeks. You guys got any games sitting around that you've not had a chance to play yet? If not, any games out there that you're really wanting to play?

I haven't started Star Fox Adventures yet. And there are several games that I've put on Hold, such as Twilight Princess, Escape from Monkey Island, Onimusha 2, Zak and Wiki, and probably some others that aren't coming to mind at the moment.

At 11/18/12 06:26 PM, jjjkuk wrote: lol what a kid

lol what a dick

I don't have a car, prick. Plus, she treats me to outings and stuff since I babysit her daughter all the time.

Go ahead and keep feeling superior, though. It totally makes you likable and appealing.

sig by JaY11

Letterboxd

one of the four horsemen of the Metal Hell

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-20 10:26:36

Persona 4, oh my god.

I have barely touched my Xbox in comparison to my PS2, the ratio is like 4:1.
I've never felt this way about an RPG in my life. Everything just feels so perfect, all the elements just meld together so well.

It's so damn good, I'm considering getting a Vita JUST FOR P4 Golden. An entire console for 1 game.

/end orgasm

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2012-11-20 10:33:09

At 11/20/12 10:26 AM, phrozonfire wrote: It's so damn good, I'm considering getting a Vita JUST FOR P4 Golden. An entire console for 1 game.

I thought that was just a remake of Persona 4? I can't really comment because I know almost nothing about the Persona games. Although I have been trying to expand my JRPG collection recently and this one is getting added to my list of stuff to buy because of your post!

BBS Signature