00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mike181 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

186,535 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-10-03 17:30:58

Just bought Deus Ex since it was £18.99 on amazon. I look forward to getting stuck into it since I haven't played a game like it in a while.

Am I right in thinking that one of the earlier Deus Ex games gave you like psychic powers or something? Or am I think of an entirely different game series? Never really played any of the other Deus Ex games, merely watched someone play one of them...I think.

Sig made by simon <3

360 Gamertag - Warshark NG

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-10-03 17:37:32

Pretty certain there were no psychic powers on the first Deus Ex game and I'm doubtful they were in the second, although I've not really played much of the second one at all.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-10-08 09:20:37

At 10/3/11 05:30 PM, warshark wrote:
Am I right in thinking that one of the earlier Deus Ex games gave you like psychic powers or something? Or am I think of an entirely different game series? Never really played any of the other Deus Ex games, merely watched someone play one of them...I think.

Psy Ops, maybe?
Also, RAGE is really frigging good.Apart from the annoying texture problems and the idiotic lack of a world map it's hard to find something wrong with it.
Think Borderland's setting, mixed with some Fallout 3-ish weaponry and Deus Ex-y mission system (obviously those weren't the first games to do it, but I used them as examples to make it easier to understand).
And I dunno why, but I just went "FUCKING WANT" when I saw this.
The trailer is shit, but I love the very concept of an MMO-ish Tower Defence game.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-10-08 11:50:16

At 10/8/11 09:20 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Psy Ops, maybe?

Yeh that sounds about right actually.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-10-08 20:05:03

Any of you guys heard this yet?

My buddy and I love it and have been singing it all day. Hilarious. You'll totally get it if you beat the last Mortal Kombat game.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-10-08 20:09:50

At 10/8/11 11:50 AM, warshark wrote:
At 10/8/11 09:20 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Psy Ops, maybe?
Yeh that sounds about right actually.

NO, IT'S EITHER PSI-OPS: THE MINDGATE CONSPIRACYOR SECOND SIGHT ASDSFAWF

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-10-09 00:54:43

Second Sight was one of the greatest games of the last generation. Anyone who disagrees is a cunt or hasn't played it and therefore is also a cunt.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-10-09 04:09:38

At 10/8/11 08:09 PM, phrozonfire wrote: NO, IT'S EITHER PSI-OPS: THE MINDGATE CONSPIRACY OR SECOND SIGHT ASDSFAWF

Gee, I'm sorry for spelling the name of a game I barely played a thousand years ago in the way that's supposed to be the right one (I'm sure they have a reason for writing it like that, but since I obviously forgot about it it's only normal that I assumed it would be "Psy" as in "Psychic")

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-10-10 06:17:58

If you have GT5, get on this week to get your free X2010 and there's also a challenge for an easy 5 million credits. It's for this week only though so don't hang about.

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-06 09:28:48

Question of the Day: Should I buy Alien Hominid for the 360 if I already own the game on the Gamecube and have played it a fuck ton of times? Part of me wants to see the improved graphics all the way through and dick around with the achievements, but I don't want to waste money on what would essentially be the same product.

Any of you have thoughts?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-06 09:34:54

Consoles Owned: SNES (Both versions PAL And NTSC and they're still working :D), PS1, PS2, PS3. Never had an xbox in my life. And a Wii. Never had an xbox in my life. I'm more of a sony and nintendo type of guy.

Currently i'm not doing any online gaming. Single Player experience FTW. Also, i'm currently playing battlefield 3, still playing fallout 3 for old times sake and of course going to pick up modern warfare 3 in 2 days.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-06 12:29:41

So Portal 2 is pretty lame.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-06 12:42:35

At 11/6/11 12:29 PM, Dromedary wrote: So Portal 2 is pretty lame.

I didn't think it was a bad game, it just didn't have the same impact on me as the first one because it was no longer a fresh idea. It just felt like I was playing a Portal expansion with a few new levels and a couple new features. I don't really think it was worthy of all the praise it got. Good game, just over-rated in my opinion.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-06 12:55:27

At 11/6/11 12:42 PM, Dean wrote:
At 11/6/11 12:29 PM, Dromedary wrote: So Portal 2 is pretty lame.
I didn't think it was a bad game, it just didn't have the same impact on me as the first one because it was no longer a fresh idea. It just felt like I was playing a Portal expansion with a few new levels and a couple new features. I don't really think it was worthy of all the praise it got. Good game, just over-rated in my opinion.

I've played a couple of levels, and it's just boring me really. Which is strange because I liked the first.

MrPercie on Dromedary: "smug santa claus face, bringing nicieties to those he likes but shite to those he hates - which is everyone"

Sig by this dude

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-06 14:46:35

Just completed Uncharted 1 on my PS3. Extremely enjoyed it and I think i'll actually start the second game soon.

Only decided to play it again because of the adverts for the third game reminding me I had the first and second games hidden somewhere.

It made a nice change from playing on my xbox.

Sig made by simon <3

PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-06 18:23:32

Played MW3 at Replay Expo today. It was alright. Also, the Tekken 6 tourney was cancelled ;___;

TEABAGGIN' AIN'T EASY

English Gents Club | 5th on PS3 Trophy Leaderboard | PSN: KillSwitch_Bob | Sig by Ryan

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-07 00:43:36

I don't know where to ask, but this is the video game lounge, so uhh... Is there an Official MW3 thread on the Video Game forums? I searched for it, and didn't find anything, do I need to look harder? Seriously, I thought there was an official thread for everything here.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-07 00:58:44

At 11/7/11 12:43 AM, TheJungleBunny wrote: I don't know where to ask, but this is the video game lounge, so uhh... Is there an Official MW3 thread on the Video Game forums?

http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic/1247 801/15

There you go, sugartits.

Happy with what you have to be happy with

you have to be happy with what you have

to be happy with you have to be happy with what you have

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-07 03:19:41

At 11/7/11 12:58 AM, Jercurpac wrote:
There you go, sugartits.

Thanks.

I never realized how funny sugartits sounded. You just made my day. (technically my morning, it's 12:19)

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-27 05:56:02

Something quite amusing and probably pretty uncommon happened a couple nights back. I was in an Xbox Live party with two friends and one of them was about to redeem his Saints Row 3 multiplayer code when he realised that they hadn't actually printed it on his manual. There was just an empty space where it was meant to be.

Five minutes later, the other guy decides that he's going to redeem his BF3 code so that he can play online with me and then he too realised that he never had a code printed. Again, it was just a black space where the code was meant to be.

I thought it would be pretty rare to see one game come without a code, but two games in the same night? That's just crazy. Hopefully they'll be able to get a new copy from whatever store they bought the games from but I don't think they kept the receipt.

Had anything like this happen to you?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-27 07:53:16

At 11/27/11 05:56 AM, Dean wrote: Had anything like this happen to you?

The worst I've had with games missing content inside is getting Tekken 5 which the disc inside was missing. The game was sealed and everything. Thankfully I was given a disc from the shop so I was able to play it in the end.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-27 08:27:37

At 11/27/11 07:53 AM, Bahamut wrote: The worst I've had with games missing content inside is getting Tekken 5 which the disc inside was missing.

Heh. I think a missing disc beats some missing codes. Although having said that, some games are made to be pretty useless if you don't have these codes. With BF3 you can't play online without a code, so you have to purchase one. The same applies to Saints Row 3. I can see that this might be an effective way to get those who buy pre-owned games to hand over some cash to the developers, but it seems a little extreme to me.

I can't think of having had many bad experiences with new games. My collectors edition of Two Worlds didn't come with an instruction manual, but instead they gave me two copies of the map. I hate when games don't come with instruction manuals :(

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-27 08:34:19

I had to sell Battlefield 3 to get Skyrim.

Went to the shops.
The guy tells me I can get Skyrim for £5 for trading in BF3.
Oh cool, I think to myself.
He refuses to accept the game because the 2 page instruction manual is not in the case.

"I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act." ~ Jaime Lannister

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-27 09:00:22

At 11/27/11 08:34 AM, phrozonfire wrote: He refuses to accept the game because the 2 page instruction manual is not in the case.

That sucks. They refuse to buy a game because it's missing a crap excuse for a manual yet they're quite happy to sell me a copy of Bioshock 2 with no manual?

I don't think I'd want to sell BF3 though. I still think it's a pretty awesome game.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-27 09:06:02

I have commented on how good BF3 looks, especially in multiplayer and the use of vehicles. When I said this game would be refreshing from the yearly COD games, looks like I was right. However, I'm weary about console versions of this game considering the lower frame rate. I was going to get it on PS3 for free from my future brother in law since he gets one free game from EA every month but someone from his workplace was new and wanted BF3 so it was given to him instead. I don't mind since I always take my sweet time with most new games anyway. Well, not Skyrim, haha.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-27 09:29:31

At 11/27/11 09:00 AM, Dean wrote: I don't think I'd want to sell BF3 though. I still think it's a pretty awesome game.

I kinda had to. It was no use to me anyway, seeing as my account is still suspended.

I WILL be repurchasing it at a later date, though.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-11-27 09:30:04

Maybe I need to experience some of these newer games on the PC first, but I've never found the frame rate to be an issue on pretty much every Xbox 360 game I've owned. Sure, some titles lag up a little on occasion but I wouldn't say it's anything catastrophic.

I've still not played MW3 yet either, but I'm still tempted to get it. Told myself that I was going to only pick one or the other (BF3 and MW3) but like I've said before, my friends are quite into CoD and have been playing that more, so I might have to invest in it at some point. Battlefield games are just generally more my thing though.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-02 00:23:01

Consoles Owned: 360, PlayStation 2/3, PSP, Wii, DS, Gameboy color/sp/advance, PC
Online User Names: I would prefer if you asked me rather than me having to post it. (steam)
Current Games Being Played: skyrim, brink, Grotesque Tactics

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-04 10:42:57

I think I may have gotten my youngest brother completely hooked on video games. I talked to him on the phone yesterday and he wouldn't shut up about how much he loves Kirby on the Wii. He even started playing Kirby's Adventure, which is something we've had from the VIrtual Console. I guess I just witnessed the birth of a gamer. Wow.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2011-12-04 19:50:20

How olds your brother? You need to feed him the nintendo classics, Zelda, Mario, DK. Kirby's cuteness can only attach someone for so long!