00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Videa Game Regulars Lounge.

186,578 Views | 2,372 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 06:50:23

Hey Gamers,

I want to firstly clear this up. I have taken into account the fact there was an original Regulars thread. Even after countless attempts by many users to keep this thread alive, It has just failed again and again. The only option is then to attempt it a second time. It has worked for other threads, And I hope it will now. This thread has moderator approval.

Basically, this thread is just for people who are constantly posting inside the Video games forum. Here you can discuss anything related to the forum itself or gaming at all. The idea of a lounge is that it isn't too formal, and all Forums have a lounge. We are currently the only Forum with a regulars lounge that has died out. And hopefully this will fix that.

As a side note too, You don't have to have tens of thousands of posts in order to post here. This could be used as an alternative to spam style threads from time to time. Considering most posters within this thread would have a basic idea of anything game related.

Anyway, Everyone knows the point of a regulars lounge. So, I'll shut up about that. To get us started without this thread, Lets get a brief gaming description of people. That way if you's play similar games, You can add each other and so on. Myself:

Consoles Owned: 360, PlayStation 3. (And previous gaming consoles).
Online User Names: iCurrie (Xbox Live). I'm currently not doing online gaming.
Current Games Being Played: Grand Theft Auto 4, Mass Effect, Fable 2, Halo 3.

Fingers crossed for the new thread :)

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 06:56:28

Consoles Owned:

Atari 520 ST, Sega Saturn, PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3, Wii, DS & Xbox 360 (won't list the older handhelds I have)

Online User Names:

Xbox Live: DeanT92, PSN: DeanNG (don't expect to see me on PSN too often.)

Current Games Being Played:

Battlefield Bad Company, COD4, Battlefield 1943 and GTA: IV

Nice idea to get a regulars thread going again. It's not all that often that I post outwith the Video Games Forum, so I think I'll be in this thread regularly as long as it stays alive.

BBS Moderator - Feel free to send me a PM if you have a problem!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 07:05:47

New lounge redux sounds like a decent idea considering how sparse the posting in the original was. Most of the old 'regulars' have left, leaving the old lounge to be posted in very little so here's a chance for a fresh start.

So I have an Xbox 360 and a PS3. I barely play the PS3 since most games I get are multiplatformed and I get those on the 360 because I have far more online friends on that console, and because I'm somewhat of an achievement whore. My gamertag on the 360 is Triple 6 Holla (spaced exactly like that) Right now I've been playing some older games mixed in with new ones. For instance today I played Max Payne 2 and the newest Ratchet and Clank for the PS3. Both decent games to me, though I remembered how cliche Max Payne 2 could be.

I'm looking forward to Batman Arkham Asylum, Uncharted 2, and Modern Warfare 2, all of which are coming out in the next few months. I figure after MW2 comes out, I'll be set with gaming for another 6 months at least. Thanks Infinity Ward. Just as soon as I'm dying off my original COD4 addiction, you go ahead and do something that's gonna renew it :p

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 07:07:31

Well a lounge eh? Boy this should be interesting.

Systems Currently Owned
Nintendo (NES), Nintendo 64 (N64), Playstation 2 (PS2), Nintendo Gamecube (GCN), Nintendo Wii (Wii).

I do not play games online. I have nothing against online play, but I just don't really like it.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 07:07:58

At 8/9/09 06:56 AM, GodsBitch wrote: Nice idea to get a regulars thread going again. It's not all that often that I post outwith the Video Games Forum, so I think I'll be in this thread regularly as long as it stays alive.

I thought it was needed. I mean we have a whole group of people in this Forum that are regular here. And we have no place to talk about all of our erotic adventures.

I can see this going strong and then falling off. And then me going into some sort of psychiatric mode because I know there is no way of a third chance at this. Although, I will be very frequent in this thread considering I spend all my time here, Or in the Audio Forums. So, theres a list of 2 of us already.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 07:11:18

I own a Wii, PS2, DS, and a PC (which I use the most.)
I'm an FPS fanboy who loves shooting anything that moves. My xfire and steam and both Kooper08.

I play under the name of {ahe}Kooper, and my currently playing online games are TF2 and Halo PC/CE.

Oh and because 36Holla is such a mean fella (jk plz dot ban moi), here comes the first convo based on my recently locked thread, latest achievements.

Hopefully this thread lasts.

We had some good times, Newgrounds.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 07:17:47

At 8/9/09 07:07 AM, The-Great-One wrote: I do not play games online. I have nothing against online play, but I just don't really like it.

I'm guessing part of it has something to do with not wanting to deal with the stereotypical annoying kids on the online services.

I haven't dealt with too many of those in the recent past since whenever I go online, I usually only play with people on my friends list, and we all get in a party chat to drown out any outsiders who might be annoying. I remember before the XBL party chat how annoying it could get though.

At 8/9/09 07:11 AM, Greenfrost6 wrote: Oh and because 36Holla is such a mean fella (jk plz dot ban moi), here comes the first convo based on my recently locked thread, latest achievements.

This is a much better place to mention an achievement you got, than making a whole thread about it, especially if it was an achievement that was hard to get and you're proud of it. Less clutter and all.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 07:17:59

Hi..I have a ps3 coz sony > microsoft

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 07:19:56

Hello, I am Aigis, and I am an alcoholic.

Of the current generation, I own a Wii, a DS and a PSP. My brother owns a PS3, and since he is still living here, I have been able to make good use of it.

I used to be a huge RPG fan. I still am, but there has been so very little to satisfy my desire lately that I haven't played one for some time. Otherwise I tend to enjoy the usual suspects. I'm not a big fan of sports games, however. They've never interested me much.

Recently, my brother has been talking about moving out, and soon. In his absence, I will lose my access to a PS3, and thus not be able to enjoy the benefits of a high definition gaming console.

I am going to need to replace it, and fast, but I am not certain how to do so.

Do I go the tried and true route of buying another Playstation 3?

Or do I venture off the beaten path and purchase the adversary's vile hell machine?

My brother has assured me that at certain points we would be able to swap consoles and enjoy the benefits of both, yet I am sceptical of the frequency as to which these events may happen.

My common sense is telling me Xbox, but my gut feeling/nostalgic fanboyism is telling me Playstation.

Aigis - Putting the 'ai' back in 'Aigis'.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 07:21:05

At 8/9/09 07:17 AM, Fiction-Is-Real wrote: Hi..I have a ps3 coz sony > microsoft

Don't start this whole thing. We know that this will just bring a whole lot of flaming and crap into the thread at an early stage. I actually own every console, And they both have better points about each other. In the end, They're both the same. Makes me sound like the Dhali Llama or something. But its true :)

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 07:25:22

At 8/9/09 07:21 AM, iCurrie wrote:
At 8/9/09 07:17 AM, Fiction-Is-Real wrote: Hi..I have a ps3 coz sony > microsoft
Don't start this whole thing. We know that this will just bring a whole lot of flaming and crap into the thread at an early stage.

I'm also gonna jump in and say off the bat guys that if you see a post like that, ignore it. I know that if this thread becomes a mainstay that it'll become inevitable for someone to post something like this and it'll get responded to every so often, but for now I'm going to strongly say to just not respond to posts like this which have no thought to them.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 07:28:32

Uhm, slight typo. The thread name says "VIDEA" .

D:

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 07:32:48

At 8/9/09 07:28 AM, Bloodman101 wrote: Uhm, slight typo. The thread name says "VIDEA" .

D:

Oh god. I didn't even notice. I don't think anyone else did either. Maybe we can get away with it. Or moderator privileges can change the name - If that's even possible.

Hint hint ;)

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 07:35:13

At 8/9/09 07:28 AM, Bloodman101 wrote: Uhm, slight typo. The thread name says "VIDEA" .

I think that was intentional.

Anyway, I recently bought BF:BC and BF 1943 and I'm hooked on the two of them. More so BF:BC. I was always a huge fan of COD4, but BC has bigger maps and vehicles. I've pretty much abandoned COD4 altogether for the time being. I'm sure MW2 will take up all of my gaming time when it is released, but until then if anyone wants a game of BC just PM me!

There's also a few other games that I'm waiting to be released. Mafia II probably tops the list. I loved the original so much and I've been waiting years to play the second one. It's been a while since I read up on any new information about it, so that's something I'm going to look into today before I have to head of for work. Anyone else eagerly awaiting the release of Mafia II?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 07:43:07

At 8/9/09 07:35 AM, GodsBitch wrote: I think that was intentional.

It wasn't actually, Haha. Although I see how it happened because I occasionally spell it like that because of the way it sounds out. Being Australian and all. I normally only do that through Windows messenger though. I try to keep my slang away from Newgrounds :)

But hey, Here we are. This is actually off to an amazing start. And as Holla said earlier, This is a new generation (To an extent) of regular users. Therefore there is really no reason for this thread to go down the same path as its previous version.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 07:45:22

Anybody here remember Pokemon Snap?

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 08:01:18

At 8/9/09 07:45 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Anybody here remember Pokemon Snap?

I actually have no idea whatsoever that is, or was. On the topic of Pokemon though, Today I was doing a quick clean out of my Garage, and I ran into a yellow bag with the name 'Pokemon 2000' printed on it. This was a fairly expensive gift bag from a convention in Sydney in, you guessed it, 2000. In the bag was a folder full of nine, mint condition Pokemon cards.

Every Pikachu ever made. Even ones from other continents. I was stoked to find the bag and all its valuable goodies. But this was the standout. Did any other Australians (r even Americans at different conventions) get these little folders also? Give me 50 years, And I'll be in the money with that folder!

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 08:04:45

Since I was asked to list my consoles for my first post in this thread I was reminded of my Atari ST, so I went looking to buy games online. I can't find many at all. I got the system at a car boot sale for £20 along with about 30(?) games. I don't use it all that much, I just thought it would make a nice collectors piece but now I was thinking of buying some of its "classic" games and I'm disappointed that I can't find many for sale.

Anyone else here own an Atari ST? It would be nice to know of some of the games that people think were great for their time. For those interested in the games that I already own, I have a complete list in my most recent news post.

Any links to sites that are selling Atari ST games are also appreciated.

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 08:06:13

At 8/9/09 07:45 AM, The-Great-One wrote: Anybody here remember Pokemon Snap?

i got one better

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 08:59:51

At 8/9/09 08:06 AM, narf109 wrote: i got one better

Ah yes, Hey You Pikachu. I still have that game. I played it one day to relive nostalgia and it was just as fun as it used to be... then again I'm a big Pokemon fan anyways.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 09:17:38

At 8/9/09 08:59 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 8/9/09 08:06 AM, narf109 wrote: i got one better
Ah yes, Hey You Pikachu. I still have that game. I played it one day to relive nostalgia and it was just as fun as it used to be... then again I'm a big Pokemon fan anyways.

When you talk to Pikachu are the responses limited to "Pika!" and "Pikachu!"? It sounds like a really crap game either way. The sole feature it to talk to Pikachu? Why the hell did you ever buy that game?

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 10:12:21

At 8/9/09 09:17 AM, GodsBitch wrote: When you talk to Pikachu are the responses limited to "Pika!" and "Pikachu!"? It sounds like a really crap game either way. The sole feature it to talk to Pikachu? Why the hell did you ever buy that game?

It came out in 1998. I got it being a fan of Pokemon. Talking to Pikachu and seeing his reactions can be fun from time to time. I could go more in-depth, but then I'd be writing a review.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 17:11:48

At 8/9/09 10:12 AM, The-Great-One wrote: It came out in 1998. I got it being a fan of Pokemon. Talking to Pikachu and seeing his reactions can be fun from time to time. I could go more in-depth, but then I'd be writing a review.

I dare say there's no harm in that :)

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 18:48:39

I own a PS3, Wii, Gamcecube, and N64. Interestingly, I really wasn't into gaming all that much until this generation. Yeah, I had the N64 and Gamecube, but I never followed the industry or really knew when games were coming out until right before the Wii and PS3 launched. Up until then, I pretty much only played Diablo 2 LoD...a lot. I think it was Newgrounds that really hooked me on researching the industry and getting involved more. There were occasionally topics that linked to videogame-centric websites. I started going to these everyday, started listening to those sites' podcasts, and am now where I am today.

Podcasts I listen to: ListenUP, Giant Bombcast, Invisible Walls, The Hotspot, Rebel FM, Podcast Beyond, Game Scoop. Nintendo Voice Chat, Three Red Lights, Idle Thumbs, and Playstation Nation.

Obviously, I don't catch all of these every week. There really isn't enough time. Anyone else listen to podcasts regularly though? I find them to be the best way to stay up to date, as well as visiting/posting on NeoGAF. ListenUP and Giant Bombcast are really the best ones.

At 8/9/09 07:07 AM, The-Great-One wrote: I do not play games online. I have nothing against online play, but I just don't really like it.

I rarely play an online game for too long. Call of Duty 4 I played for about a month and a half and Red Faction Geurilla I played for about two weeks. Those are probably the longest I've played an online game aside from Diablo 2. The repetition eventually just gets to me.

PS3 ID: Jerkapotamus

Sig by Akula

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 18:57:18

At 8/9/09 10:12 AM, The-Great-One wrote:
At 8/9/09 09:17 AM, GodsBitch wrote: When you talk to Pikachu are the responses limited to "Pika!" and "Pikachu!"? It sounds like a really crap game either way. The sole feature it to talk to Pikachu? Why the hell did you ever buy that game?
It came out in 1998. I got it being a fan of Pokemon. Talking to Pikachu and seeing his reactions can be fun from time to time. I could go more in-depth, but then I'd be writing a review.

There was a sequel, if you want to call it that, on the Gamecube, called Pokemon Channel, the picture shown. It was a decent game that had some good moments, pretty much put it at that.

I mean, I still like Pokemon, and I'm heading into my senior year of High School. Not the newer anime series that 4kids tremendously screwed up, or the cards. But the games are just still as good. I've got Platinum. And I sure as hell will get Heart Gold or Soul Silver when they come out.

Consoles Owned: Xbox 360, Nintendo DS, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES(2)
Online User Names: I MaRcX I (Xbox Live), MarcX (DS)
Current Games Being Played: COD 4, Halo 3, Pokemon Platinum

XBL Gamertag: TrainerMarcus

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 20:14:16

I'm round here often, so why not.

Consoles: xbox 360, DS, PSP, PC. I'll have a PS3 by next month.
Online User Names: Ledgey91 (Steam and Xfire), LedgeyNG (XBL)
Current Games: TF2, CSS, L4D, Dead Space, CoD5, GTAIV, BF1943, Hearts of Iron 3 (There are more, I shift games more than I shift underwear.)

I mostly play FPS and strategy games, but I play pretty much anything.

GT - LedgeyNG, Steam - Ledgey91, PSN - LedgeyNG

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 20:24:10

Consoles: Every Nintendo console after NES
Handhelds: Every Nintendo handheld after Gameboy Color up to original DS
Gameboy Pocket and NES were a little ahead of my time, so I don't own them.

As you can see, Nintendo is the only type of console I have, but that doesn't mean I don't like the other consoles. I only get 1 console a generation and so far far I've chosen Nintendo every time :S

Currently playing: Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA), Phoenix Wright: T&T (DS), Donkey Kong (Gameboy)

ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 20:45:16

I've got an Xbox(normal), PS3, Wii, SNES, Sega Genesis/megadrive, gamecube, and a nintendo 64, not counting my PSP(hacked) and DS.

My favorite game is easily oblivion, I've clocked so many hours on that I don't think numbers go that high.

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 20:45:27

Consoles: N64, GameCube, Wii, GBC, GBA, NDS, PC
Online handles: List of gay-ass Friend codes here, ParadoxVoid (Steam, Xfire)
Games: TF2 and Oblivion primarily. Occasionally I'll jump on CSS or Audiosurf though.

I've also recently gotten into the original Half Life. I never played it before, mainly because prior to this year, I've never been a huge PC gamer. If you want to see the entire list of my games though, just jump onto my Xfire profile.

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Videa Game Regulars Lounge. 2009-08-09 20:47:31

I'm somewhat of a reg here, hoping that this new lounge goes better then the last one or the one in the general forum, ha.

Consoles Owned: PS2, DS lite, Gamecube.
Online User Names: None.
Current Games Being Played: Dargon warrior IV.

Anyways. I just beat Kingdom hearts 2. Great game. Aside from the interesting story I really enjoyed the game play, I honestly think that the combat system was better then that of Kingdom hearts 1. The addiction of quick time event s and transformations relly spiced things up, in my opinion. I wonder when Kingdom hearts 3 will come out. I'm hoping within the next five years, although I'm not holding my breath.

Another thing. Duke Nukem forever. Anyone here thing it will ever come out?

._.