00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

168,979 Views | 1,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-08 20:28:40

So, the new Mario Sports game (The one where Mario's going to be playing volleyball, basketball, dodgeball, and hockey) is coming to the U.S.A. next month. Anybody excited for it? I know I am.

Honestly, who hasn't wanted to smack Yoshi right in the nose with a dodgeball?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-09 01:09:05

At 1/8/11 09:31 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 1/8/11 08:28 PM, puddinN64 wrote: So, the new Mario Sports game (The one where Mario's going to be playing volleyball, basketball, dodgeball, and hockey) is coming to the U.S.A. next month. Anybody excited for it? I know I am.
Mario Sports Mix? I've never seen Mario play dodgeball or hockey, but I think he's played volleyball before, not sure. I know he's played basketball, Mario Hoops 3-on-3, but that game sucked.

Fuck, even Mario Golf was good, we need another good Mario sports game that isn't a piece-of-shit shovelware title.

So, wait, are you saying that this game is a piece of shit shovelware title? I can't tell based on how you worded it. Also, Mario has played hockey before, most prominently during Mario & Sonic at the Winter Games for the Wii.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-09 01:15:18

, aAt 1/9/11 01:12 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:

I seem to remember there being a Mario basketball game on Gamecube or something which apparently is supposed to be awesome, but I can't find it.

I think you're referencing NBA Street Volume 3, an entry in EA's long-running hoops series where Luigi, Princess Peach, and Mario made a cameo as playable characters.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-09 01:30:49

At 1/9/11 01:23 AM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 1/9/11 01:15 AM, puddinN64 wrote: I think you're referencing NBA Street Volume 3, an entry in EA's long-running hoops series where Luigi, Princess Peach, and Mario made a cameo as playable characters.
Not what I was thinking of, but nice find.

LUIGI BE BALLIN YO

Hmmm, I don't know what to tell you, man. The only basketball games I can think of with Mario in them are Square Enix's DS game and that one I just showed you. Maybe you're thinking of a minigame from one of the Mario Party titles?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-09 08:49:03

At 1/8/11 09:31 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Mario Sports Mix? I've never seen Mario play dodgeball or hockey, but I think he's played volleyball before, not sure.

There were beach volleyball and ice hocket minigames in Mario Party 5 and they weren't actually that bad. And ice hockey was in Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games.
Famitsu gave Mario Sports Mix 30/40 when it came out in Japan, so it's probably going to be decent throwaway fun.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-09 10:21:19

At 1/5/11 08:13 AM, jorfen12345 wrote: im in im currently playing phoenix wright ace atorny (i cant spell that) and chrono trigger

I´ve finished Chrono Trigger. But for SNES.

It's not about the destination.

It's about the journey.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-09 10:30:29

At 1/7/11 06:52 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
It doesn't play original Gameboy games does it?
No I'm pretty sure it plays the others to at least last I remember it does

Oh I see.

You're right about that. It does look like they're really aiming for children and older generations with the Wii, and there are not so many shooters around for it.
Yeah the shooters is the only problem, I mean I'm ok with them having their strategy aiming for younger kids but the shooters aren't as good such as Call Of Duty, Left 4 Dead, and that stuff. Really that's the only problem although the wii does have a gun accessory you can buy.

Well that's true. I haven't heard of any good shooter games on the Wii, while the Wii does have a very good control system for shooter games. It's a shame, but I guess if you really want your shooters, you better buy an XBox or PS3.

At 1/9/11 08:49 AM, R3DPhoenix wrote:
At 1/8/11 09:31 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote: Mario Sports Mix? I've never seen Mario play dodgeball or hockey, but I think he's played volleyball before, not sure.
There were beach volleyball and ice hocket minigames in Mario Party 5 and they weren't actually that bad.

I remember those. They were quite fun indeed. In the end, they were the only minigames in Mario Party 5 that I still played.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-09 10:45:10

At 1/9/11 10:30 AM, Auz wrote:
At 1/9/11 08:49 AM, R3DPhoenix wrote: There were beach volleyball and ice hockey minigames in Mario Party 5 and they weren't actually that bad.
I remember those. They were quite fun indeed. In the end, they were the only minigames in Mario Party 5 that I still played.

I remember there was another one which was a weird, gothic version of Mario Party with a floating hand and a deck of cards or some weird shit like that. The ice hockey was great in multiplayer!

Also, I'm surprised that Nintendo haven't tried Mario Volleyball on the DS. One team on each screen (yours on the bottom screen of course), tap the ball while it's in your court to pass and slam the lid shut to spike. Well, probably not the last one, but you can see where I'm coming from.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-10 06:53:01

Well, there aren't many nintendo games I'm especially looking forward too. But I won't lie that I am totally psyched about the 3DS.

Thank you. And good-bye.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-11 15:50:54

I wanna fucking join... NOW!!!

I'm Darwin7 you can keep the change

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-11 16:40:03

At 1/11/11 03:50 PM, Darwin7 wrote: I wanna fucking join... NOW!!!

Only if you can list your top ten favorite Nintendo games and the reasons why you like them.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-12 21:22:05

Do you believe that this is the Wii 2?

The Nintendo Club

It's about the journey.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-13 04:43:46

At 1/9/11 10:45 AM, R3DPhoenix wrote:
At 1/9/11 10:30 AM, Auz wrote:
At 1/9/11 08:49 AM, R3DPhoenix wrote: There were beach volleyball and ice hockey minigames in Mario Party 5 and they weren't actually that bad.
I remember there was another one which was a weird, gothic version of Mario Party with a floating hand and a deck of cards or some weird shit like that. The ice hockey was great in multiplayer!

I vaguely remember that, although I'm not sure if it was in the same Mario Party.

Also, I'm surprised that Nintendo haven't tried Mario Volleyball on the DS. One team on each screen (yours on the bottom screen of course), tap the ball while it's in your court to pass and slam the lid shut to spike. Well, probably not the last one, but you can see where I'm coming from.

Sounds like a decent game, although I'm not sure if it will be that good as a standalone one.

At 1/9/11 02:43 PM, tyler2513 wrote:

Well that's true. I haven't heard of any good shooter games on the Wii, while the Wii does have a very good control system for shooter games. It's a shame, but I guess if you really want your shooters, you better buy an XBox or PS3.
Yeah that's why I had to buy a PS3 but it's a waste of my money I'm trying to spend that stuff on N64 and SNES but I suppose it is worth it. Have you heard of Brothers In Arms? Oh well that's my favorite series. I bought NES (well my brother did before I was born), Gamecube and Wii cuz I'm a Nintendo fan. I bought PS3 because I really like shooters and so I can play Part 3 of the BIA trilogy. I want Xbox so I can have the first two parts of the BIA trilogy. It's complicated.

I happen to see some footage from Goldeneye 007 yesterday, and I have to say: That looks like a pretty good shooter to me. It's a bit Splintercell-ish and it's also completely different from the original Goldeneye. The levels are very different, you play as Craig Daniel and there are plenty of other things that have changed.

At 1/12/11 09:22 PM, Floofs wrote: Do you believe that this is the Wii 2?

Oh boy. If that's true, I can already hear the complaints about how the Wii 2 is fucking up the brain of little kids.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-13 10:03:54

At 1/12/11 09:22 PM, Floofs wrote: Do you believe that this is the Wii 2?

Exactly what Auz said.
Consider all the recalls for the consoles that are 'new'.
PS3, 360, and Wii, even though Wii didn't have many recalls...
The thing is, this thing will have access to the brain, assuming that by the picture. If there's one thing wrong with that it could really fuck someone's brain up.
That and it could be connected to the government transmitting our thoughts.... Oh man!

Sorry, been a long time since I posted, been really busy with music and job hunting that I haven't said much, I haven't made very many posts lately at all to be honest.
Hope you guys are doing good, I haven't played many games lately either. Rough life.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-13 21:14:13

Can you indicate me a good platform game for ds?

It's about the journey.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-14 10:58:09

At 1/13/11 09:14 PM, Floofs wrote: Can you indicate me a good platform game for ds?

New Super Mario Bros., Yoshi's Island 2, Henry Hatsworth and Sonic Rush. Any of them tickle your fancy?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-15 00:59:48

At 1/13/11 09:14 PM, Floofs wrote: Can you indicate me a good platform game for ds?

Wario: Master of Disguise is also one to try.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-15 15:59:38

At 1/15/11 09:36 AM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 1/14/11 10:58 AM, R3DPhoenix wrote:
New Super Mario Bros., Yoshi's Island 2, Henry Hatsworth and Sonic Rush. Any of them tickle your fancy?
Sonic Rush is my favorite DS platformer

Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team DS. :D
Cause it has two games in one. >:3
:nuff' said

""Victory Loves Prepareness"" | I'm a Icon Mod.

PSN: PK-Lucas//Gamertag:PSILeo

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-15 16:36:48

Sonic Rush Adventure is better.

It's about the journey.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-15 16:46:45

At 1/15/11 04:36 PM, Floofs wrote:

Agreed. Sorta.
I ruin my fun of it by using M3 Real DS with cheats and used infinite lives and rings. :D

""Victory Loves Prepareness"" | I'm a Icon Mod.

PSN: PK-Lucas//Gamertag:PSILeo

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-15 17:18:55

At 1/15/11 04:46 PM, PSILeo wrote:
At 1/15/11 04:36 PM, Floofs wrote:
Agreed. Sorta.
I ruin my fun of it by using M3 Real DS with cheats and used infinite lives and rings. :D

A game with cheats is a game without fun. I prefer not use cheats, they take away all the fun of the games.

It's about the journey.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-16 05:24:21

At 1/15/11 05:18 PM, Floofs wrote: A game with cheats is a game without fun. I prefer not use cheats, they take away all the fun of the games.

Agreed, I had a similar experience when playing Animal Crossing in the grand summer of '09. A lot of people were getting stupid amounts of money by using the duplication glitch, and I couldn't understand how they were enjoying the game. It's much more fun to stay up at night writing programs to predict the turnip prices for the week.

Not that I did that or anything...

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-16 18:29:11

I've decided that I hate Microsoft's Kinect.

Why? Because of the stupid 360 fanboys. Way back when, I remember these asshats telling me that Halo was the greatest and that the Wii was stupid because of it's weird motion controls and that it would never catch on that Nintendo would go out of business on it. Now, fast-forward to today, where Nintendo has made a huge profit off of motion controls. Instead of admitting that the Wii got it right first and that Microsoft is making the Kinect in desperate hopes of catching some of the crowd that Nintendo is making millions off with the motion controls, they just simply tell me that the Wii is gay and that the Kinect's Motion Controls are 10x better. They can't even admit Nintendo did something good.

Here's a handy visual aid to illustrate my point:

The Nintendo Club

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-17 21:23:02

At 1/17/11 07:23 PM, tyler2513 wrote: I have 3 best friends, one likes 360, another likes wii, and one likes ps3. The Sony fan told me it would be gay if Playstation did that and when I told him about Playstation Move he went out and got it. Same with the Xbox Kinnect fan.

Yes. These people sucks. Wii is better than Xbox and PS3.

It's about the journey.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-18 14:01:11

Haven't posted anything lately so here we go.

My Wii broke, I've got 2 WIis and other has broken 3 times, other broken once, currently I have no working Wii at all.
I'm very pissed off because of this. God, why are you punishing me like this :'( ?!?!?!

What ?!? There is motion controllers for Xbox as well now ? Oh what the f*** is this ?
Perfect reason to hate Microsoft and Sony even more.

Anyone can explain what causes this problem with a Wii : Screen stays black, there is no sound, I can turn it on from the power button but it wont turn off by pressing it ?

*sigh* Any ideas ? :(

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-18 17:20:10

At 1/16/11 12:44 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 1/15/11 05:18 PM, Floofs wrote: A game with cheats is a game without fun. I prefer not use cheats, they take away all the fun of the games.
Not true. Spyro wouldn't have been the same if not for the big head cheats, and GTA requires you to use cheats if you want to have a good amount of fun.

Yes, there are some exceptions. GTA is almost impossible without cheats.

It's about the journey.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-18 19:44:21

May I join?
If I read correctly the last guy that asked to join needed a list of their top 10 nintendo games and why?
Here are mine
1.Pokemon Silver[not Soulsilver, just silver]- Just a lotta fun, shinies were a neat addition, story was still fun, enjoyed the Night and Day system.

2. Legend of Zelda: Majoras mask[Nintendo 64]- Challenging, lotsa little side-junk, some awesome puzzles.

3.Legend of Zelda: Link to the past[Game boy]- First LoZ game I ever beat

4. Super Smash Bros.[Gamecube]- Two reasons, first is that it was awesome, second is that I don't need to get a "newer" Wii to play this one.

5. Goldeneye 007[Nintendo 64]- I liked it, O.K. What other goddamn reason do you people need!!!!!

6. Donkey Kong[Nes]- Don't remember exactly which one but I remember having a lot of fun playing it when I was young.

7. Mega Man [four or five]- I don't remember which but I remember blowing a lotta time away on a Mega Man game and not regretting it, so I musta really liked it.

8. Super Mario- This was awesome, if you wish to die then oppose me on this.

9. Wheres Waldo[WTF?]- I bet you stopped reading four games ago!!!!

10. Othello- You probably figured out I just pulled up a wiki page of all the Nintendo games and chose the last two at random, eithier way I chose this one because I read the play Othello and their was the movie with the sex scene that was oh so hot!!!

Still reading? Soooooooo, Am I a member now? ^_^

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-18 19:51:49

Does anyone know if Nintendo will launch the third Super Mario Galaxy?

It's about the journey.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-18 23:24:03

i shall join, and i shall be WiiMotionPlusZack

Its over 9,000!!!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2011-01-19 14:40:39

At 1/18/11 09:34 PM, tyler2513 wrote:
At 1/18/11 07:51 PM, Floofs wrote: Does anyone know if Nintendo will launch the third Super Mario Galaxy?
Miyamoto said he's done with it entirely but they'll look further into doing anything wih it in 2012.

Good! I´m really excited!

It's about the journey.