00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

xrusteater0 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

168,974 Views | 1,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-05 09:30:54

At 9/5/09 08:34 AM, MrSaint wrote:
At 9/5/09 07:43 AM, Auz wrote: This seems like a nice club to me. I still love to play old N64 games, so is it okay if I join this club?
I am not the master of the club, but it's the Nintendo Club, and we all play Nintendo games! So of course you're in!

Alright, great =)

I´ll do my best to be as active as possible around here.

What is your favorite N64 Game if it's not a secret? :3

Of course it´s not a secret. I think I´ll also have to go for Ocarina of Time, but I must say that it´s a tough pick for me. I also really love Goldeneye, Majora´s Mask, Super Mario, Conkers Bad Fur Day and other classics. But OoT stands out most.

By the way, currently I´m playing through Paper Mario. I just finished the Koopa´s Fortress which is still early in the game I think. So far I´m enjoying the game, although I must say that there sure are a lot of cutscenes and dialogues everywhere =/

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-05 09:34:46

I love Paper Mario 64. You're right about the cutscenes. I was really mad when there were cutscenes before a boss fight and if you lose you gotta watch all of the scenes again, it was annoying.

But overall, Paper Mario is a special experience xD

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-05 12:40:52

At 9/5/09 09:34 AM, MrSaint wrote: I love Paper Mario 64. You're right about the cutscenes. I was really mad when there were cutscenes before a boss fight and if you lose you gotta watch all of the scenes again, it was annoying.

Really? Can't you press start or something to skip them? Cause otherwise it's kinda lame.

But overall, Paper Mario is a special experience xD

Yeah I agree. I didn't think much of it when I first heard about a 2d-Mario RPG game. But I've heard nothing but good stories about it from everyone, so I decided to give a go and it hasn't dissapointed yet.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-05 13:00:52

nintendowin

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-05 15:12:38

At 9/5/09 12:40 PM, Auz wrote:
At 9/5/09 09:34 AM, MrSaint wrote: I love Paper Mario 64. You're right about the cutscenes. I was really mad when there were cutscenes before a boss fight and if you lose you gotta watch all of the scenes again, it was annoying.
Really? Can't you press start or something to skip them? Cause otherwise it's kinda lame.

Well, I experienced the cutscene pain, before the final boss battle.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-06 09:21:21

Just got turok 2 and jet force:gemni for the N64!

-Im out!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-06 18:41:16

I really wish I still had all my old Pokemon games, I want to play Gold and Silver again.

A strong emphasis on underlining.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-06 20:08:52

can i join? i am a lover of Nintendo

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-06 20:19:08

At 9/6/09 08:08 PM, Lionel738 wrote: can i join? i am a lover of Nintendo

Yes you may. Just 1 rule, you must play atleast 1 Nintendo game every week.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-06 20:34:06

At 9/6/09 08:19 PM, dmansland wrote:

Man, there is no rule saying that, that's ridiculous. Haha.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-06 20:37:09

At 9/6/09 08:34 PM, Gergaloth wrote:
At 9/6/09 08:19 PM, dmansland wrote:
Man, there is no rule saying that, that's ridiculous. Haha.

Are you calling the rule unfair or irrational?

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-06 20:48:57

At 9/6/09 08:37 PM, dmansland wrote:
Are you calling the rule unfair or irrational?

I am calling the rule stupid.
The only rules are the rules of the BBS, EpicFail never said anything about nintendo playing is a must, etc. That's not what the club is meant to be.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-07 11:34:17

At 9/5/09 03:12 PM, MrSaint wrote:
At 9/5/09 12:40 PM, Auz wrote: Really? Can't you press start or something to skip them? Cause otherwise it's kinda lame.
Well, I experienced the cutscene pain, before the final boss battle.

Isn´t that some sort of purple sorceress? I believe I heard about some boss in Paper Mario that was claimed by some to be one of the hardest bosses ever.

At 9/6/09 09:21 AM, killerchai wrote: Just got turok 2 and jet force:gemni for the N64!

I still need to play Jet Force Gemini. A great game I heard, but I remember I got stuck somewhere near the beginning at a spaceship and gave up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-07 20:28:47

At 9/7/09 11:34 AM, Auz wrote: Isn´t that some sort of purple sorceress? I believe I heard about some boss in Paper Mario that was claimed by some to be one of the hardest bosses ever.

Yeah but that was in The Thousand Year Door for Gamecube which was the sequel. Anyways yeah, she was pretty difficult but all you had to do was level each time you lost until you got her beat.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-08 02:01:42

Sounds great! I'm in.

I love the SNES. I want a DS, but haven't got one yet.

Play my game, Jade Wolf!

It's a tribute to Sonic the Hedgehog, with elements of Ecco the Dolphin included. Heaps to explore, heaps to do!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-08 15:05:35

I still need to play Jet Force Gemini. A great game I heard, but I remember I got stuck somewhere near the beginning at a spaceship and gave up.

how i got pass the ship after the forest easily!

-Im out!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-08 16:12:11

At 9/7/09 08:28 PM, Ass-Crumb wrote:
At 9/7/09 11:34 AM, Auz wrote: Isn´t that some sort of purple sorceress? I believe I heard about some boss in Paper Mario that was claimed by some to be one of the hardest bosses ever.
Yeah but that was in The Thousand Year Door for Gamecube which was the sequel. Anyways yeah, she was pretty difficult but all you had to do was level each time you lost until you got her beat.

Oh okay. I guess the main villain is just Bowser then. And simply leveling up is pretty much the solution to every hard boss in RPG games I think.

At 9/8/09 03:05 PM, killerchai wrote:
how i got pass the ship after the forest easily!

I´m not sure, it was long ago since I last played the game. Maybe I couldn´t find a switch or something like that.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-08 20:34:52

At 9/8/09 03:05 PM, killerchai wrote: how i got pass the ship after the forest easily!
I´m not sure, it was long ago since I last played the game. Maybe I couldn´t find a switch or something like that.

to activate some doors you need to kill all the enemys in a room!

-Im out!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-09 00:59:11

What are the best GBA games I can find guys? EF and I have beaten them all, we need some more.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-09 02:02:39

I wanna join. :3

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-09 02:16:22

At 9/9/09 12:59 AM, Gergaloth wrote: What are the best GBA games I can find guys? EF and I have beaten them all, we need some more.

Drill Dozer. Very fun game. Banjo Kazooie: Grubty's Revenge s another suggestion.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-09 02:23:21

Count me in to this club man!
Nintendo 64 IS my childhood. Especially OoT and MM.

I was gonna use this picture for my account on something but it wouldn't fit

The Nintendo Club

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-09 04:25:29

At 9/9/09 12:59 AM, Gergaloth wrote: What are the best GBA games I can find guys? EF and I have beaten them all, we need some more.

Have you played the Golden Sun games yet? I think many reckon them as some of the best games you can find on the GBA.

Advance Wars and Fire Emblem are also really good.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-09 09:40:54

im looking for goldeneye, MM, ans SSB for n64
there hard to find, sept on ebay but me dont have credit card

i also need to go to play n trade to buy SNES controllers cause when i gave my brother a hundred dollars, of cource he betted on the SNES without controller

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-09 12:05:18

At 9/9/09 04:25 AM, Auz wrote: Have you played the Golden Sun games yet? I think many reckon them as some of the best games you can find on the GBA.

I would second this. But then again those games are all for someone who is very patient or just plain into RPG's, but I would say try and pick up fire emblem if you have the chance anyway because there aren't many games like it (and even if there are those games haven't come near as close to perfecting their genre like Fire Emblem has)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-09 15:43:55

At 9/8/09 08:34 PM, killerchai wrote:
At 9/8/09 03:05 PM, killerchai wrote: how i got pass the ship after the forest easily!
to activate some doors you need to kill all the enemys in a room!

Maybe that was what I was doing wrong. But like I said I can´t really remember.

At 9/9/09 09:40 AM, llnuclearmuffins wrote: im looking for goldeneye, MM, ans SSB for n64

Try amazon.com. I´m pretty sure I saw all those games on sale there. Although they can be a little expensive sometimes. Like a new version of Conkers Bad Fur Day costed more than $100.

At 9/9/09 12:05 PM, Ass-Crumb wrote:
At 9/9/09 04:25 AM, Auz wrote: Have you played the Golden Sun games yet? I think many reckon them as some of the best games you can find on the GBA.

I would second this. But then again those games are all for someone who is very patient or just plain into RPG's, but I would say try and pick up fire emblem if you have the chance anyway because there aren't many games like it (and even if there are those games haven't come near as close to perfecting their genre like Fire Emblem has)

True, if you´re not into RPG's you might not like these. But for the rest I can´t think of any other good titles.

I liked Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, so if you´re into platformers I would recommend those. Although Nightmare in Dreamland is a remake of Kirby´s Adventure for the SNES.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-10 09:20:08

At 9/9/09 09:40 AM, llnuclearmuffins wrote: im looking for goldeneye, MM, ans SSB for n64

i also need to go to play n trade to buy SNES controllers cause when i gave my brother a hundred dollars, of cource he betted on the SNES without controller

Any pawnshop should have these, they aren't rare games or anything, and were extremely popular. Call some pawnshops and see if they have any.

CLICK ME >>>>

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-11 01:30:36

At 9/9/09 12:05 PM, Ass-Crumb wrote:

True, if you´re not into RPG's you might not like these. But for the rest I can´t think of any other good titles.

I liked Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland and Kirby and the Amazing Mirror, so if you´re into platformers I would recommend those. Although Nightmare in Dreamland is a remake of Kirby´s Adventure for the SNES.

Ah, the Kirby games are probably the only Nintendo franchise that has never had a shitty game (Even Zelda had those absolutely terrible Cd-I games and don't get me started on all of Mario's mishaps) so pretty much if you pick up ANY Kirby game you're in for a decent experience although they are usually not too difficult.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-11 06:23:38

well ovsious he didn't think or look up the average price.

The Nintendo Club

Death to all who appose me. and Screw the rules I have money !!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2009-09-11 06:27:41

Ah, the Kirby games are probably the only Nintendo franchise that has never had a shitty game (Even Zelda had those absolutely terrible Cd-I games and don't get me started on all of Mario's mishaps) so pretty much if you pick up ANY Kirby game you're in for a decent experience although they are usually not too difficult.

Well i can say differntly. almost every kirby game. Sqeek suad and cavanas curse were kinda suckish. if i wanted mini games i would play wario ware. but the squeek squad story line was horrible.

Death to all who appose me. and Screw the rules I have money !!