00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

169,090 Views | 1,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-04 15:40:20

At 6/3/10 01:45 PM, Auz wrote:
That's pretty good. Was there any prize you could win? Like a huge pile of cash?

A Wii gaming system :P

Well I would definitely play with smash balls in SSBB, because it's a lot more fun. With most characters at least.

Fox, Falco and Wolf had shit tanks :(
Even if they did help to give you a few kills... they were boring to use :(

In Melee I usually played with Pokeballs only, sometimes baseball-bats and bob-ombs along with it. I think those were the most fun items.

Those were my 3 favorite items :)

Yeah I suppose the levels will only get harder as I progress.

They will :P

I really do wish there was something that enabled you to go back to a certain room in a dungeon. Like Farore's Wind in Ocarina of Time. It's kind of annoying to have to walk through the entire dungeon all the time to get back where I was. Sometimes I die again when I'm not even there yet =/

I know. It can really get frustrating to do the whole thing over and over again.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-05 00:27:58

Damn, haven't posted anything lately, i still want to get that last 1% at DKC but my current problem is that i'm addicted to online games which kinda sucks...

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-05 03:03:14

Nothing new still. I had a choice between Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Red Dead Redemption. I chose RDR...

I failed you all :(

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-05 03:16:13

At 6/5/10 03:03 AM, dmansland wrote: Nothing new still. I had a choice between Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Red Dead Redemption. I chose RDR...

You let us all down alright and your punishment is that next time you have to choose the nintendo game,lol, right your forgiven so stop being silly and talk about the games!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-05 03:19:35

At 6/4/10 07:23 AM, Auz wrote:
At 6/4/10 02:16 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Yeah i have played that one before, completed it in less than a week i believe,lol, anyway what consoles can you get that game on again, i have: PS2, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS and a Gameboy Advance SP...oh and of course a PC,lol
It was originally for the SNES, but they released a version for the Gameboy Advance which also had Four Swords Adventures. FSA is unplayable if you don't have a link cable though =/

Thx, i will keep a look out for it on the game boy and wii, mainly wii as better graphics and i hardly ever use my gamboy any more i just use the few games i have on the DS and i only use the gameboy for a gameboy colour, the first portable console, game that i have...i still don't play that much either,lol

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-05 15:07:43

At 6/4/10 03:40 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 6/3/10 01:45 PM, Auz wrote:
That's pretty good. Was there any prize you could win? Like a huge pile of cash?
A Wii gaming system :P

Lol. There was a time where you could win a Wii with everything :p

Well I would definitely play with smash balls in SSBB, because it's a lot more fun. With most characters at least.
Fox, Falco and Wolf had shit tanks :(
Even if they did help to give you a few kills... they were boring to use :(

I agree. Ganon had something similar, except that he turned into a boar.

Most fun ones were Snake's, Luigi's, Bowser's, Lucario's in my opinion. Especially Snake's. Also liked Ike's and Link's, but they can be difficult to hit someone with.

In Melee I usually played with Pokeballs only, sometimes baseball-bats and bob-ombs along with it. I think those were the most fun items.
Those were my 3 favorite items :)

Yeah, Bob-ombs can be annoying though, if they light up just when you are walking past them.

Yeah I suppose the levels will only get harder as I progress.
They will :P

:(

At 6/5/10 03:03 AM, dmansland wrote: Nothing new still. I had a choice between Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Red Dead Redemption. I chose RDR...

That's okay. In all honesty I think I would pick Red Dead Redemption as well. Been hearing some good stories about it and the concept seems interesting to me.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-05 15:10:10

At 6/1/10 05:36 AM, Auz wrote:
I agree with that. You didn't have any health whatsoever, did you? Like once you got hit by an enemy you were dead. I thought that was one of the toughest parts of the game. Dragging the key around while avoiding to get hit by any enemies.

To be fair, if you're carrying the key and something touches you, Mario just drops the key and gets knocked out for a second. The game isn't a complete dick to you. It's not Ninja Gaiden.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-06 02:29:30

Hey guys i have never played mario galaxy which also explains why i haven't got roselina on Mario Kart but anyway what is the game like? Is it any good, rubbish, alright? I am asking cause i am wondering if i should get it or not....

Oh and would £29.99 be a good price or not from morrisons in England?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-06 09:34:42

At 6/5/10 03:10 PM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 6/1/10 05:36 AM, Auz wrote: I agree with that. You didn't have any health whatsoever, did you? Like once you got hit by an enemy you were dead. I thought that was one of the toughest parts of the game. Dragging the key around while avoiding to get hit by any enemies.
To be fair, if you're carrying the key and something touches you, Mario just drops the key and gets knocked out for a second. The game isn't a complete dick to you. It's not Ninja Gaiden.

Oh alright. I guess it's not as bad as I remember then :)

At 6/6/10 02:29 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Hey guys i have never played mario galaxy which also explains why i haven't got roselina on Mario Kart but anyway what is the game like? Is it any good, rubbish, alright? I am asking cause i am wondering if i should get it or not....

Can't say I've played it myself, but I have heard lots of positive comments about it. Whether that's a good price I don't know. I think it is a normal price for games around here, but I don't know how it is in England.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-06 11:20:58

At 6/6/10 02:29 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote: Hey guys i have never played mario galaxy which also explains why i haven't got roselina on Mario Kart but anyway what is the game like? Is it any good, rubbish, alright? I am asking cause i am wondering if i should get it or not....

This is what you need:
The options to unlock her
Rosalina

* Get a "One Star" rank in the 100cc Mushroom Cup.
* Get a "One Star" rank in all Mirror Mode Wii Cups.
* Have a saved game file from Super Mario Galaxy and win 50 races.
* Win 4,950 races.

simple, you don't need SMG but i do recommend it, it is a good game, can be little irritating at some worlds, but still lovely game.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-06 11:29:26

At 6/6/10 11:20 AM, wallrus wrote: This is what you need:
Rosalina

* Win 4,950 races.

I think Rosalina was the last character a friend of mine had to unlock (though we had no idea it was Rosalina). The 100cc Mushroom Cup seems like the easiest one to me (one star is winning every race in a cup right?). Next time we're playing Mariokart Wii I'll be sure to tell him :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-06 12:20:45

Thanks for the information, i am not too sure about 1 star on 100cc mushroom as i have at least 1 star rank on all 50cc and 100cc races and still haven't got rosalina but the others i will give a try thx. Oh and if push comes to shove and none of you have played it, i will just borrow my mates Mario Galaxy to see if its any good and get rosalina if i can.

(Very protective of games, doen't like games getting damaged thats why i say 'if i can', don't blame them though)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-06 17:36:54

What do you guys think about the Mario Party serie?
I play Mario Party 8 with my girlfriend sometimes. It's kind of cool :)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-07 02:05:28

Pokemon Heart Gold is superb, it's like the old Pokemon games, gameplay wise, so far. But new graphics. It's pretty rad.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-07 03:06:38

At 6/6/10 11:29 AM, Auz wrote:
At 6/6/10 11:20 AM, wallrus wrote: This is what you need:
Rosalina

* Win 4,950 races.
I think Rosalina was the last character a friend of mine had to unlock (though we had no idea it was Rosalina). The 100cc Mushroom Cup seems like the easiest one to me (one star is winning every race in a cup right?). Next time we're playing Mariokart Wii I'll be sure to tell him :)

Yeah, i got help from gamewinners, there isn't any cheats for mariokart but there is everything how to unlock them, i printed the times you need to do in time trials and damn, i got Mii's B outfit very quickly.

Many people think it's hard and only true pros can get it, well yeah that is true at somepart but you don't have to be the best at the world to get it, all you need is the times and you eat the ghost racers

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-07 03:14:54

At 6/7/10 03:06 AM, wallrus wrote:
At 6/6/10 11:20 AM, wallrus wrote:

Yeah, i got help from gamewinners, there isn't any cheats for mariokart but there is everything how to unlock them, i printed the times you need to do in time trials and damn, i got Mii's B outfit very quickly.

Many people think it's hard and only true pros can get it, well yeah that is true at somepart but you don't have to be the best at the world to get it, all you need is the times and you eat the ghost racers

Hahahahaa, eat the ghost racers, eh...well i guess i can say so too but i ment beat, and BTW i'm not sure that is that star rank in 100cc true because some of the info are fails in the site for some games.

But if not, then mirror it is, damn it's cool to have all the spots full of gold in the lisence

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-07 03:25:03

lol, eat that ghost ... lol

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-07 07:29:22

At 6/6/10 05:36 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: What do you guys think about the Mario Party serie?
I play Mario Party 8 with my girlfriend sometimes. It's kind of cool :)

They're kinda fun, although I'm wondering if there really need to be ... three versions of it for every console. Why not make one big version?

At 6/7/10 03:06 AM, wallrus wrote:
At 6/6/10 11:20 AM, wallrus wrote:

Oh so you need to do the time trials instead? I thought you got a star every time you do a cup and come in first place in all the races.

Also it seems strange to me that the 100 CC Mushroom Cup would get you the character and the more difficult cups won't. I guess it's actually the mirror cup, or the winning 4950 races part.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-07 09:20:12

Yes to unlock Mii's B outfit you must unlock the expert ghost racers in time trials

And i barely remember how to unlock Rosalina, i think it was the mirror after all.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-07 10:59:55

At 6/7/10 09:20 AM, wallrus wrote: Yes to unlock Mii's B outfit you must unlock the expert ghost racers in time trials

And i barely remember how to unlock Rosalina, i think it was the mirror after all.

Yeah i know about Mii Outfit B even though i don't have it i am on my way to it as the only characters i don't have are Mii Outfit B, Dry Bowser and Rosaline :)

The Nintendo Club

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-07 11:59:36

At 6/7/10 09:20 AM, wallrus wrote:

Either that or have a save file of Super Mario Galaxy on your Wii.

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-08 03:11:03

At 6/7/10 11:59 AM, puddinN64 wrote:
At 6/7/10 09:20 AM, wallrus wrote:
Either that or have a save file of Super Mario Galaxy on your Wii.

Yeah i know that way and mirror i was seeing if there was a easier way but i will go with mirror, i am alright at it you know,lol, anyway i do't know how to get mii outfit B, does anyone know how?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-08 05:32:56

Been playing Perfect Dark again lately. Trying to beat it in 'secret agent' mode, but it's a lot harder than I remember Goldeneye to be.

At 6/7/10 09:20 AM, wallrus wrote: Yes to unlock Mii's B outfit you must unlock the expert ghost racers in time trials

Sounds more plausible ^^

At 6/8/10 03:11 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote:
At 6/7/10 11:59 AM, puddinN64 wrote: Either that or have a save file of Super Mario Galaxy on your Wii.
Yeah i know that way and mirror i was seeing if there was a easier way but i will go with mirror, i am alright at it you know,lol, anyway i do't know how to get mii outfit B, does anyone know how?

I suppose beating the 'expert ghost racers in time trial'.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-08 11:33:28

lol, forgot about that, lol again

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-09 14:54:38

I swear Perfect Dark is much harder than Goldeneye.

It just seems like the enemies are moving much faster and can take way more hits than they could in Goldeneye. For example on secret agent difficulty I have to shoot someone through his limb like four or five times before he dies. I can't imagine what the hardest difficulty will be like.

Another difficult thing; The assault rifle type weapons unload so quickly if you keep the trigger down. If you just shoot at someone until he drops, you'll almost empty your magazine which forces you to reload before you can shoot the next guy.

Not that there's anything wrong with the difficulty though, I like a challenge. I just expected that I would master this game much quicker with my Goldeneye experience :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-09 15:05:54

Even considering what you said Auz, I still think Goldeneye was better for the single player mode :)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-10 02:08:14

At 6/9/10 03:05 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Even considering what you said Auz, I still think Goldeneye was better for the single player mode :)

What game are you talking about now?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-10 10:29:59

At 6/9/10 03:05 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Even considering what you said Auz, I still think Goldeneye was better for the single player mode :)

It would be difficult for me to pick a favorite.

I think Goldeneye had a better atmosphere. In Perfect Dark everything is so dark and gloomy, and the music is always a bit alien/space-like. Goldeneye had more variety in that aspect.

Hmm... I think I would prefer Goldeneye for the single-player mode as well, but for the multiplayer mode Perfect Dark is much more expanded and more fun in my opinion.

At 6/10/10 02:08 AM, KirbyX1000 wrote:
What game are you talking about now?

Perfect Dark for the N64 =)

It was sort of a sequel* to Goldeneye, which was also made by the Rare company.

*graphical updates, new plot, new weapons, but similar set-up.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-10 11:35:33

At 6/10/10 10:29 AM, Auz wrote:
Hmm... I think I would prefer Goldeneye for the single-player mode as well, but for the multiplayer mode Perfect Dark is much more expanded and more fun in my opinion.

That's why I said it's better for Single Player. Cause the Multiplayer of Perfect Dark made the game.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-06-11 00:34:10

At 6/10/10 11:35 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 6/10/10 10:29 AM, Auz wrote:
That's why I said it's better for Single Player. Cause the Multiplayer of Perfect Dark made the game.

I never played Perfect Dark :( No 360 either so I can't download it and seeing as how I gae my N64 away, I'm a dumbass.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature