00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

MoxKatt just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

168,972 Views | 1,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-08 16:43:11

At 4/5/10 05:13 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 4/5/10 02:55 PM, Auz wrote: In my eyes it's more like hacking, using cheatcodes and stuff like that. Exploiting a glitch like he did is something every player can do. Therefore you don't really get an advantage over everyone else.
Glitching is not that easy to do... and it's like that in pretty much every game. You have to learn how to do it. And I always feel that playing legit is way better than learning how to mess with the game. I guess I technicaly could be glitching, but I cannot do something like that. It's just not right for me...

Ah well, messing with the game can be quite fun as well. But personally I'd only like to do it once I've completed the game and got bored with it. I wouldn't want to beat the game in such a way.

In online play it might be different though. If you do get an edge that way, then I would say it's cheating.
Haha! Go check out Javelin glitch on youtube for MW2, you'll have a great laugh :P

Wait, what exactly happens? Is it that whenever you use that glitch you will just explode whenever somebody kills you? So basically you just become a suicide bomber or something.

Seems like fun, but not something I would use a lot probably. Expert mode sounded like a better reward to me.
I really never heard of an expert mode, sorry.

Oh alright. I must've misheard something then I guess.

As a perk? Is that like a class or something?
On CoD, when you play online you can select specific attributes for your caracter. You have three slots in which you can choose what attribute you want to have. And juggernaut was a perk to give you extra life. You cannot have it anymore.

Oh, because it was overpowered/overused or something?

Oh yeah, I don't really play online games. Never played one, not even Counterstrike. It seems fun to me though, but very, very time-consuming.
Haha! It is!
Do you own any of the most recent generation gaming systems? (PS3, Xbox360 or Wii?)

Nope I don't actually. I've had a Wii for a couple of weeks, but only because I borrowed it from my friends. About two years ago my friends had this idea to buy a Wii together. However, they're not really gamers and eventually they've put it aside and the thing just got on their way. So they decided to go sell it and I could borrow it for a while.

Anyway, I must say that just I don't really have the money to buy a new console. I'm only a poor student you know and 300 euros for a console + 60 euros per game is a fortune to me. The console alone is already like... 1/4th of my yearly income =/

Yeah it's got a nice multiplayer mode with bots and stuff. I still haven't beaten all the challenges, because some of them are just... way too hard. Like the 18th which is King of the Hill against two of those Elvis guys. They kill me before I can even take one shot at them.
Haha! It sucks that they can aim that good. Sucks that you can't aim down your sight (or hardly can) but that these guys seems to headshot you even when shooting from the hip!

Yeah it's insane. I have no idea how to beat that challenge because the weapons available don't really give any room to try different strategies either. If you could get some explosives you might be able to set some traps, but as far as I know you only get pistols =/

Good point I guess, but I can still see the logic behind the water > fire and I guess it might also be there to balance the game. Water and fire would otherwise only be strong and weak versus rock and ground. Not many of those types are in the game so water would have too few strengths and fire too few weaknesses.
Yup! I get your point. It's the same exact concept that goes for Rock,Paper and Scissors. Sadly, some kids think they can throw in a "match". But if there was a match then the rock and scissors would be over-powered and the match and paper would be weak.

What? That's something I've never heard of :p

So I guess match beats paper because it can put it on fire. But scissors can cut the match in two and rocks won't burn. Something like that?

Really? That's pretty strange man :p We're the same age and I remember everybody in my neighborhood used to play the classic Pokemon games. When the weather was good we all gathered outside and played our Gameboys together.
Haha! Yup, it was a trend when I was like 10 years old. I tried buying some pokemon cards to be like everyone else... But I really just guess that I was not that much into pokemon and all these japaness animations things.

I never really got into Pokemon Cards myself, but indeed they were also quite popular.

And the Japanese animation series on TV, like Pokemon and Digimon, were always crap. I remember I watched a few, but soon I found out they were all pretty much the same thing over and over again. Similar characters, similar plot-lines, similar build-up etc.. I have a feeling that they really gave the anime genre a bad name here, which is a shame because there are actually some really good anime movies and series out there.

Great times really, I can't believe you missed out on that. If it was just not popular in your neighborhood though I understand why you might have never been interested.
Well, I really liked DragonBall and I was already a lot into StarWars videogames, movies and action figures

Hah Dragonball Z :p That was really popular here as well once. If I look back at it now, I don't think it was such a great series actually, but almost everybody in my neighborhood used to watch it. It's too bad that they rewinded it like... ten times over here before they finally got to the end of the Majin Buu saga. After that I've never seen it on TV anymore.

No I guess not. What arcade like stuff do you mean actually? Stuff like Super Mario Bros Wii?
All the things involving the fact that you have to make retarded moves in front of your television. It's pretty fun and all. But I think it's limited and cannot replace the great feeling of playing well designed games like Chrono Trigger. I think Nintendo are just putting too much effort on the motion captors and shits and not enough on the game itself... I'm not being very clear I know... sorry...

Ah I think I know what you mean. They're focusing too much on the controls and gadgets, but they're neglecting the more important things. Like a good plot, good characters, good gameplay etc..

Well I haven't played that many Wii games, but I suppose you're right. Whenever I see a commercial for a Wii game, they almost always try to show how fun this can be with the Wii controls and such. You know, they show this room full of people making 'retarded' moves in front of a TV, but they don't actually show much of the game itself. I guess you could derive from that they indeed pay a lot of attention to the controls and not so much on the rest.

wallrus, I'll get to your post later.

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-08 17:08:31

At 4/7/10 02:20 AM, wallrus wrote:
At 4/5/10 03:04 PM, Auz wrote: The last levels on Earth seemed pretty easy to me. The enemies were harder, but the levels appeared to be shorter and less complicated. I went through Fahrenheit by the way and not Area 51. Guess I was lucky there.
Yeah, it isn't aht bad, the are 51 i mean, it is just that it can be really annoying

Fahrenheit was a piece of cake though, so I think I preferred that one.

You know which level I thought was a real bitch by the way? That subway level. There was this point where you had to get this red card, but once you got close to it one of those battlelords would spawn behind you and start firing at you. The main problem with it was that there wasn't any space anywhere to dodge his grenades and fire your bazooka back at him. For about half dozen of times I ended up killing myself because I stepped aside and fired my bazooka against a pillar that was right in front of me. He also killed me with his grenades a couple of times, really started to piss me off after a while.

Anyway, the final boss was a piece of cake. All you had to do was stay relatively close to him so that he would use that weak breath attack which usually didn't hit anyway if you kept moving. Also the polygon appearance looked pretty strange :p Especially when you've only encountered pixel enemies before.
Yeah, only thing that i kinda missed was that in deathmatch you can go inside those doors and walk in the dark halls, it would be nice to have that change in the final battle

Yeah, but I suppose the boss wouldn't be able to walk into those halls, would he? He's too big. I gotta say that I think I liked the original final level more, with the stadium being build on a rooftop. Also I missed the dark city backgrounds in most levels.

But all in all it was quite a fun game. I might play it again in the future and try and unlock those secret levels. One negative point I'd like to mention though is that the game could've been prettier in my opinion. The N64 is capable of a lot more than the PC was back then, yet this game felt like a bit of a downgrade without music and graphical improvements.
Thats what i was thinking too, going without music in the bacjground was pretty boring, but anyway i still gotta beat the original Duke Nukem.

Yeah, and like I just said above, I kinda missed the backgrounds too. I read that they removed the music due to a lack of space on the cartridge, but that doesn't make any sense to me at all. I mean this game was brought out in what... 1997? There were already games like Goldeneye and Mario 64 on the market which were far bigger than this game. So why in Gods name the lack of space on the cartridge if you haven't even added music, save options and backgrounds? What's taking up all the space then?

Also my big bro bought Redsteel 2 for wii

Oh I read an article about that in the paper earlier this week. It gave it 4 stars out of 5, stating that using the sword is simply loads of fun in this game. It said the graphics were pretty good as well, but for the rest there wasn't that much special to it.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-09 02:19:57

At 4/8/10 04:43 PM, Auz wrote:
Ah well, messing with the game can be quite fun as well. But personally I'd only like to do it once I've completed the game and got bored with it. I wouldn't want to beat the game in such a way.

Of course. I know what you mean. I've done some glitches and cheat codes can be a lot of fun :)

Wait, what exactly happens? Is it that whenever you use that glitch you will just explode whenever somebody kills you? So basically you just become a suicide bomber or something.

You have to hold your semtex (sticky grenade) press the button to set it up, but do not throw it, then pull out your javelin and anytime someone will kill you, the javelin will go kaboom!
But that glitch as been fixed :P

No, you may be right. I'm not a Star Fox pro.

overused and overpowered. When you end up fighting two guys at the same time and that both of them are using it... there is no way you can win.

Nope I don't actually. I've had a Wii for a couple of weeks, but only because I borrowed it from my friends. About two years ago my friends had this idea to buy a Wii together. However, they're not really gamers and eventually they've put it aside and the thing just got on their way. So they decided to go sell it and I could borrow it for a while.

Oh well, the Wii is no big deal though. I joinned this club because I like the SNES and some N64 games.

Yeah it's insane. I have no idea how to beat that challenge because the weapons available don't really give any room to try different strategies either. If you could get some explosives you might be able to set some traps, but as far as I know you only get pistols =/

I hate playing games with bad bots system. An example could be useful here. Have you ever played against these peace sims on Perfect Dark on the N64? These guys who run around and only try to disarm you?

Yeah. Try this... Set all bots to be peacesims, go hide on a multiplayer map in a corner where you can only get attacked from one spot. Don't take out any of your weapons. When you are ready, pull out one of your guns. All the peace sims will immediatly run towards your hiding spot and try to disarm you. Do you remember the fact that you only appear on the map when you fire your weapon? So why is it that the enemies all know exactly where your at?

You see... I hate it when bots are just badly programmed and that when you get killed by enemies it's not because the bots have better strategy or whatever... but only because when you change the diffuculty of the game... all of a sudden, the enemies know exactly where your at... ALL THE TIME !!!
Plus they have perfect aiming and won't ever miss...

Never played Rock, Paper, Scissors? (see the picture at the end of my post)

So I guess match beats paper because it can put it on fire. But scissors can cut the match in two and rocks won't burn. Something like that?

Yup...
Rock can destroy both scissors and match...
Scissors can cut the match and the paper.
But the paper and the scissors suddenly became weaks shits :P

And the Japanese animation series on TV, like Pokemon and Digimon, were always crap. I remember I watched a few, but soon I found out they were all pretty much the same thing over and over again. Similar characters, similar plot-lines, similar build-up etc.. I have a feeling that they really gave the anime genre a bad name here, which is a shame because there are actually some really good anime movies and series out there.

Your right. These shit did give anime a bad name... but your also right when saying there is some good anime movies out there :)

Hah Dragonball Z :p That was really popular here as well once. If I look back at it now, I don't think it was such a great series actually, but almost everybody in my neighborhood used to watch it. It's too bad that they rewinded it like... ten times over here before they finally got to the end of the Majin Buu saga. After that I've never seen it on TV anymore.

Haha! DragonBall gets kind of silly with the Freeze saga, The Piccolo saga and Sayans saga were quite good. But from this point on... the whole serie only became redundant. It was always the same shit...
There is a new enemy... Oh! so strong I cannot defeat him!... Than we train and get stronger... we fight again and win!... Then there is another enemy... Oh! so strong I cannot defeat him!... gotta train so I can beat him... and then... you know how this shit goes...
I can only imagine how the situation would have turned out if the first guy to ever attack planet earth would have been Cell...
Humanity would have been screwed up!!

Ah I think I know what you mean. They're focusing too much on the controls and gadgets, but they're neglecting the more important things. Like a good plot, good characters, good gameplay etc..

Yeah... sorry I can't seem to express my mind properly...

Well I haven't played that many Wii games, but I suppose you're right. Whenever I see a commercial for a Wii game, they almost always try to show how fun this can be with the Wii controls and such. You know, they show this room full of people making 'retarded' moves in front of a TV, but they don't actually show much of the game itself. I guess you could derive from that they indeed pay a lot of attention to the controls and not so much on the rest.

Exactly what I meant! The game itself doesn't seem that important anymore. Only the controls matters now...

The Nintendo Club

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-09 11:48:55

At 4/9/10 02:19 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 4/8/10 04:43 PM, Auz wrote: Wait, what exactly happens? Is it that whenever you use that glitch you will just explode whenever somebody kills you? So basically you just become a suicide bomber or something.
You have to hold your semtex (sticky grenade) press the button to set it up, but do not throw it, then pull out your javelin and anytime someone will kill you, the javelin will go kaboom!
But that glitch as been fixed :P

Ah :p Yeah that sounds like a fun thing to do, but aren't there easier ways to suicide bomb yourself? Like can't you just hold a grenade and pull the pin when you get close to someone? In most games you will then drop the grenade when you get killed, but it will blow up very shortly after.

No, you may be right. I'm not a Star Fox pro.

Well let's ask gamefaqs then...

Yep there is an expert mode actually. You can unlock it by getting all 15 medals in the game. In expert mode, the levels will differ a bit. Your wings will break more easily and enemies will do different things. You can read about it here.

overused and overpowered. When you end up fighting two guys at the same time and that both of them are using it... there is no way you can win.

Because both of them have insane HP, right?

Oh well, the Wii is no big deal though. I joinned this club because I like the SNES and some N64 games.

Nah it wasn't a big deal indeed. The only game I was slightly interested in was Metroid Prime 3 back then. For the rest I already had Twilight Princess for the Gamecube and Mariokart and Brawl were a bit of letdown to me.

But by now there might be some more interesting games on the market... I thought Wii Sports Resort looked fun and Wii fit seems to be quite popular as well.

I hate playing games with bad bots system. An example could be useful here. Have you ever played against these peace sims on Perfect Dark on the N64? These guys who run around and only try to disarm you?

I've never heard of them actually :p I find the menuscreen a bit confusing though so that's why I might have never come across them.

You see... I hate it when bots are just badly programmed and that when you get killed by enemies it's not because the bots have better strategy or whatever... but only because when you change the diffuculty of the game... all of a sudden, the enemies know exactly where your at... ALL THE TIME !!!
Plus they have perfect aiming and won't ever miss...

Yeah that's exactly what's happening in the 18th challenge. It's just not fair, because you can never beat the computer that way. Only thing you can do is try to set traps and such, but if you don't get the gear for that...

Never played Rock, Paper, Scissors? (see the picture at the end of my post)

Yeah of course I know about Rock Paper Scissor, but I've never heard about the match thing. I agree that it's stupid though. I thought the whole point of the game was that it was balanced so that it doesn't matter what you picked. It was all based on luck. But with this new match rule, you should always go for either rock or scissors obviously. Rock might be best since it's now more likely that people will choose scissors rather than paper.

Your right. These shit did give anime a bad name... but your also right when saying there is some good anime movies out there :)

Indeed. But on the dutch television they only broadcast stupid series like Pokemon, Digimon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Medabots, Beyblade and shit like that. I think MTV once started broadcasting Cowboy Beebop, which was a great series (or so I've heard), but there was no interest so they stopped. Which is too bad, because I might be very interested in it right now.

Haha! DragonBall gets kind of silly with the Freeze saga, The Piccolo saga and Sayans saga were quite good. But from this point on... the whole serie only became redundant. It was always the same shit...

Very true. You know I had this feeling that the series wasn't actually supposed to go on after the Freeza saga. It always seemed to me like the original script was only written up until there, but because of the popularity they suddenly decided to add a few more saga's to it. You can see that some things were actually different after Freeza. To give a few examples:

- I think the character drawings became much more detailed and Goku, Gohan, Vegeta looked way more serious than they did at the beginning of the series.

- Before Freeza, characters like Krillin, Yamcha, Tien etc. had some relevance to the plot and were okay fighters. Afterwards they all 'retired' and were only distractions for the main characters. Even Picollo, who was once the strongest along with Goku, didn't fight much anymore.

- The series really built towards Goku becoming Super Saiyan and made a huge deal out of it. After the Cell saga, people became Super Saiyans over the most silly things and you had this whole SS2, SS3 thing which didn't seem to have much of a point. Also, wasn't it first established that there has never been a Super Saiyan before Goku? If you saw how Goten became SS then you wonder how that's possible =/

- You suddenly had all these little side-saga's which had no relevance to the plot at all. Examples: Garlic Jr, Great Saiyaman (Gohan as a superhero), the tournament etc.

- The Dragonballs hardly played any role in the plot anymore. Occasionally they were only brought up for convenience, but that's all.

And there were loads of other things. It really seemed to me like they quickly wrote some stuff after Freeza to cash in some more on its success.

Exactly what I meant! The game itself doesn't seem that important anymore. Only the controls matters now...

Yeah. Well let's hope that they will eventually see this and will spent some more time on the rest in the future.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-10 00:35:49

Found this. Made me laugh a lot. Your guys's thoughts?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-10 02:10:20

At 4/10/10 12:35 AM, puddinN64 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/19 32
Found this. Made me laugh a lot. Your guys's thoughts?

If this made you laugh......I'm worried about you.....OR then you just got that kind of sense of humor that is easy to maje laugh, unlike me. It really needs to be something super fun to me to make it a laughter.

Though it opens a whole new Discussion. You guys ever played NHL 97 on Snes ?
Damn i love that game, when there comes fights it's so god damn fun.
But i never played trough the games actual Hockey Season. I started to play it when my Wii got broken (took freaking 2 months from the repairmans to even look at it, my wii would still be there but thanks for this nice store clerk i finally got it after almost 3 months).

Anyway I loved this game when i was little kid and it stilll gives me a good laughter when i put the rules off from otions

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-10 02:15:41

Oh and i noticed that Auz and HeavenDuff are talking about that is glitching cheating.
I by myself hate glitchers/hackers. And i know few glitches in Tcon but i don't use them. Glitching is always cheating and it is wrong unless you use glitches that wont give you ANY advantage.
I also accept glitching if you use it only and i really mean ONLY in a glitcher.
But hacking....all i can say to hackers is Go F**K yourself

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-10 04:20:38

At 4/10/10 02:15 AM, wallrus wrote: Oh and i noticed that Auz and HeavenDuff are talking about that is glitching cheating.
I by myself hate glitchers/hackers. And i know few glitches in Tcon but i don't use them. Glitching is always cheating and it is wrong unless you use glitches that wont give you ANY advantage.
I also accept glitching if you use it only and i really mean ONLY in a glitcher.

Fight fire with fire, they say. If you play online games and that someone glitches on you, than you have the right to use any kind of glitch or noob strategies :P

I did try some glitches, but never in ranked matches or to get on the high score sheets. Glitches are made for the lolz :)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-10 04:21:54

At 4/10/10 02:15 AM, wallrus wrote: Oh and i noticed that Auz and HeavenDuff are talking about that is glitching cheating.

Fight fire with fire, they say. If you play online games and that someone glitches on you, than you have the right to use any kind of glitch or noob strategies :P

I did try some glitches, but never in ranked matches or to get on the high score sheets. Glitches are made for the lolz :)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-10 07:16:49

At 4/10/10 04:21 AM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 4/10/10 02:15 AM, wallrus wrote:

You sir are absolutely right. Besides i am too lazy to even try to learn any glitches, i know few that aren't even usefull and wont give you any advantage.

There was this one guy who said that "I think that people who are in final rank in Tcon are allowed to glitch"......I was on final rank.....BUT DID I FREAKING GLITCH ? No !

PS: EUROPIAN REGIONAL IN TCON KICKS ASS OF AMERICAN REGIONAL !!!!! WE'RE THE BAD ASSES !!! WOOOOHOOOOO !!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-11 14:47:12

I have just Picked up Phantom Hourglass and I already hate the controls. It's annoying how you have to touch the screen to make Link walk, they should have left that on the D-Pad. The way you handle items is fine and attacking is good though, just that little mistake that is bugging me. Otherthan that, I'm enjoying it right now.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-11 17:36:09

At 4/11/10 02:47 PM, dmansland wrote: I have just Picked up Phantom Hourglass and I already hate the controls. It's annoying how you have to touch the screen to make Link walk, they should have left that on the D-Pad. The way you handle items is fine and attacking is good though, just that little mistake that is bugging me. Otherthan that, I'm enjoying it right now.

Than again... Nintendo is just abusing of all these "LOOK YOU HAVE TO USE A PEN TO MOVE!!!111 ISNT THAT FUCK K3WL ??66"

They are annoying... blowing away what gaming really is to replace it by useless adds...

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-12 09:11:41

At 4/10/10 02:10 AM, wallrus wrote:
At 4/10/10 12:35 AM, puddinN64 wrote:

>.>
<.<

Seriously anyone ?

Are ya saying that you never played it ?!?

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-12 13:43:13

At 4/12/10 09:11 AM, wallrus wrote:
At 4/10/10 02:10 AM, wallrus wrote:
At 4/10/10 12:35 AM, puddinN64 wrote:

>.>
<.<

Seriously anyone ?

I probably did.

But if it's a game that was made for the season of 1997, then I was 8 years old and I have no specific memories of me playing that game, sorry mate.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-12 14:12:10

At 4/11/10 02:47 PM, dmansland wrote: I have just Picked up Phantom Hourglass and I already hate the controls. It's annoying how you have to touch the screen to make Link walk, they should have left that on the D-Pad. The way you handle items is fine and attacking is good though, just that little mistake that is bugging me. Otherthan that, I'm enjoying it right now.

That's an odd way of controlling indeed. I can imagine it would be annoying. I don't get the point of doing it that way either. I mean, the D-Pad is specifically designed in such a way to make walking around in games as easy as possible, so why would you switch to the touchscreen and make it... harder? =/

Can't you just alter the controls somewhere by the way?

At 4/12/10 09:11 AM, wallrus wrote: Seriously anyone ?

I don't think I have, but it looks vaguely familiar. Could be that my neighbor had it on one of those game compilation cartridges and we might have played it once. Can't remember any of it though.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-12 14:52:59

I'm pretty sure I joined this club a lonnnng time ago... but I'm just gonna say I'm joining anyways.

Man, I remember the old NHL games on the SNES. My cousin was crazy about them and he had like 3 different hockey games on his SNES. I found it hilarious how the screen would flip so that you could see the opponent's goalie when you passed the half line, and how it flipped back to your goalie when you crossed it again.

Even for NBA for the SNES. Any point past half court and just taking a jump shot was an instant 3-pointer... And when you fouled, the sprites would roll on the ground.

Old sports games are just fun.

I can't tell if you're joking, because you never use emoticons. ~ SolidToad

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-13 01:12:50

At 4/12/10 02:12 PM, Auz wrote:
That's an odd way of controlling indeed. I can imagine it would be annoying. I don't get the point of doing it that way either. I mean, the D-Pad is specifically designed in such a way to make walking around in games as easy as possible, so why would you switch to the touchscreen and make it... harder? =/

Can't you just alter the controls somewhere by the way?

If I could, I would have. All the Options Menu contains are Sound Options and some other thing I forget, but no controls. The D-Pad is used for shortcuts, like the face buttons.

Only sports game I remember playing was NBA Jam and that was cause of how fun it was.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-21 09:31:48

At 4/13/10 01:12 AM, dmansland wrote:
At 4/12/10 02:12 PM, Auz wrote:
At 4/11/10 02:47 PM, dmansland wrote:

Only sports game I remember playing was NBA Jam and that was cause of how fun it was.

All the sports games were so fun for the old consoles, so much humor and epicness.

Hmm...Pretty quiet in here. Too bad that i've nothing to discuss about. Hmm...nah. i can't figure out anything right now.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-21 10:46:12

At 4/21/10 09:31 AM, wallrus wrote: Hmm...Pretty quiet in here. Too bad that i've nothing to discuss about. Hmm...nah. i can't figure out anything right now.

Heh sorry. I haven't been up to much lately. I had a lot of exams and stuff to study for so no time for videogames. Now that that's over though I think I could start playing again. I think I might go give Chrono Trigger another try :)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-21 11:33:39

At 4/21/10 10:46 AM, Auz wrote:
At 4/21/10 09:31 AM, wallrus wrote: Hmm...Pretty quiet in here. Too bad that i've nothing to discuss about. Hmm...nah. i can't figure out anything right now.
Heh sorry. I haven't been up to much lately. I had a lot of exams and stuff to study for so no time for videogames. Now that that's over though I think I could start playing again. I think I might go give Chrono Trigger another try :)

Exams are real pain in ass. I got this Swedish exam that took 2 hours, damn, well no more swedish to me. NEVER AGAIN.

Hmm.. Hey ! We've been talking alot about classic games and stuff. This would fit better to The Wii Club but it's kinda dead, You ever played Ice age 2 ?

I've it on GC but it is also for Wii, i just loved that game, just like Ice Age movies, Scrat is SO AWESOME !!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-21 15:25:40

You better do that son !!!

Now that's I'm almost done with school, I know I will have a lot more spare time. I think I'm going to try playing some of the Castlevania games during the summer. Plus, I really feel like playing Donkey Kong Country 1

Talking about DK... anyone thinks the N64 game was shit compared to DKC1 and DKC2 ???

I remember someone complainning about the fact that DK was not a playable caracter in DKC2. Who was it? And do you still like the game even if you can't play DK??

Also, on another note... I really think SNES games music is way better than what pop music industry produces nowadays....

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-21 15:40:15

At 4/21/10 11:33 AM, wallrus wrote:
At 4/21/10 10:46 AM, Auz wrote: Heh sorry. I haven't been up to much lately. I had a lot of exams and stuff to study for so no time for videogames. Now that that's over though I think I could start playing again. I think I might go give Chrono Trigger another try :)
Exams are real pain in ass. I got this Swedish exam that took 2 hours, damn, well no more swedish to me. NEVER AGAIN.

Heh, Swedish? That's an odd pick for a foreign language, or is it obligatory in Finland?

Hmm.. Hey ! We've been talking alot about classic games and stuff. This would fit better to The Wii Club but it's kinda dead, You ever played Ice age 2 ?

Nah, I tended to avoid games based on movies. Only exception being Goldeneye, but for the rest most of those games are usually only mediocre. Or that's what I always hear at least.

At 4/21/10 03:25 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
You better do that son !!!

Working on it right now :) I'm currently in jail waiting to be executed.

Talking about DK... anyone thinks the N64 game was shit compared to DKC1 and DKC2 ???

I haven't played any of the Donkey Kong Country games, but I really liked Donkey Kong 64. What do you think was wrong with it?

Also, on another note... I really think SNES games music is way better than what pop music industry produces nowadays....

Lol :p Almost anything is better than what the pop music industry produces nowadays. With a few exceptions here and there.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-21 15:50:21

At 4/21/10 03:40 PM, Auz wrote:

Do you play it on an Emulator?

I haven't played any of the Donkey Kong Country games, but I really liked Donkey Kong 64. What do you think was wrong with it?

Dunno... I guess I just didn't like the feeling of the game. I guess I just didn't like the game going from 2D to 3D... and usually... when a franchise goes from 2D to 3D... the games will be soooo fucking different... the both games will be completely different. I think the only thing that DK on N64 and DKC have in common is the name Donkey Kong in the title...

Lol :p Almost anything is better than what the pop music industry produces nowadays. With a few exceptions here and there.

But dude!!! There is true feeling in the music that was made for SNES games. Chrono Trigger is one of these games that will totally blow your mind because of the music (not only because of it... but you know what I mean :P). Super Mario 7 Stars was another of these games... Geno's Theme was badass !!!

Donkey Kong had one of the greatest soundtrack also. So much to say about all the great music in SNES games !!!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-22 02:03:33

I'm back, no Nintendo in my life though. Still waiting for Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Super Street FIghter 4.

At 4/21/10 03:50 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:

Don't know about you, but I do. It's my only option for now, but hopefully I'll be able to afford all the old consoles and a TV for it. I have a Swapmeet nearby too which sells old games cheap, hell I saw Chrono Trigger for 7 dollars there.

Dunno... I guess I just didn't like the feeling of the game. I guess I just didn't like the game going from 2D to 3D... and usually... when a franchise goes from 2D to 3D... the games will be soooo fucking different... the both games will be completely different. I think the only thing that DK on N64 and DKC have in common is the name Donkey Kong in the title...

Well this is obvious, since in 2D, enemy placement can fuck you up and have you start over, while in 3D the platforming can be too easy since you have more space to work with rather than just a straight line. It all goes with how developers feel to make a game challenging. DK64 went for puzzles and timing rather than going through a stage without dying, which is what makes them so different. I thouroghly enjoyed both games, but didn't treat them as equals, saw them as their own different types of games.

But dude!!! There is true feeling in the music that was made for SNES games. Chrono Trigger is one of these games that will totally blow your mind because of the music (not only because of it... but you know what I mean :P). Super Mario 7 Stars was another of these games... Geno's Theme was badass !!!

Meh, I still perfer the new music now, mostly for the fighting games. Really pumps you up. Each game with their own style makes the game 100000 time better.

At 4/21/10 03:25 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I remember someone complainning about the fact that DK was not a playable caracter in DKC2. Who was it?

That was me =P

And do you still like the game even if you can't play DK??

I like the game, but it's just that small annoyance I have that forbids me to either fully enjoy and complete the game.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-22 02:22:28

At 4/22/10 02:03 AM, dmansland wrote:
Don't know about you, but I do. It's my only option for now, but hopefully I'll be able to afford all the old consoles and a TV for it. I have a Swapmeet nearby too which sells old games cheap, hell I saw Chrono Trigger for 7 dollars there.

I played it on the SNES. If the guy is selling it for 7 dollars, buy it, even if you don't have a SNES already. The game is worth much more than 7 dollars dude!

Well this is obvious, since in 2D, enemy placement can fuck you up and have you start over, while in 3D the platforming can be too easy since you have more space to work with rather than just a straight line. It all goes with how developers feel to make a game challenging. DK64 went for puzzles and timing rather than going through a stage without dying, which is what makes them so different. I thouroghly enjoyed both games, but didn't treat them as equals, saw them as their own different types of games.

I think you have the best words to describe it. But I guess that when I first played it as a kid I was expecting something like what I found in DKC. It was a kind of dissapointment because I couldn't see it like you said as two diffent types of games...

I still think that DKC was better. Better music, more challenging, fast paced action... I dunno, it was just much more of a classic than DK on N64.

Meh, I still perfer the new music now, mostly for the fighting games. Really pumps you up. Each game with their own style makes the game 100000 time better.

You really have to play Chrono Trigger than. That music was pure awesome !!!

At 4/21/10 03:25 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: I remember someone complainning about the fact that DK was not a playable caracter in DKC2. Who was it?
That was me =P

:)

And do you still like the game even if you can't play DK??
I like the game, but it's just that small annoyance I have that forbids me to either fully enjoy and complete the game.

Haha! But Dixie was a great add to the game. She wasn't a useless copy of DK like that noob in DKC3 :P

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-22 04:18:46

At 4/21/10 03:40 PM, Auz wrote: Working on it right now :) I'm currently in jail waiting to be executed.

Yeah I do. I never owned a SNES and as far as I know there isn't a single place in this country where I could still buy a SNES with Chrono Trigger. So I pretty much have to =/

Haha, yeah okay you got a point there. Still I think it's a very good game though. Definitely among the best for the N64.

Have you ever played Banjo Kazooie?

I haven't been able to enjoy that many tracks yet, but the music is indeed pretty good in Chrono. I especially like the battle theme :)

At 4/22/10 02:03 AM, dmansland wrote:

I thought Mario 64 was not necessarily easier because it was in 3D. But Donkey Kong was easier in the sense that you don't die so often. Indeed the game was more aimed at solving puzzles, doing minigames, collecting stuff and that sort of thing. Personally I didn't mind though. It's still very challenging, but in another way.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-22 04:54:41

Heh, Swedish? That's an odd pick for a foreign language, or is it obligatory in Finland?

I'd never pick Swedish, but it's my secondary language because Finaland is two language country.
But like i said i don't have to study Swedish anymore that was my last exam from it

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-22 14:14:36

At 4/22/10 04:18 AM, Auz wrote:
Yeah I do. I never owned a SNES and as far as I know there isn't a single place in this country where I could still buy a SNES with Chrono Trigger. So I pretty much have to =/

You could probably buy a SNES on eBay for a good price. But getting Chrono Trigger will probably cost you a few more bucks

Yes! I own this game in fact. Never was really good at this kind of games though. I think it's just really not my kind of games. The whole adventure thingy... going through the same starges all the time, but with different objectives...

It's alright, just not my style.

I haven't been able to enjoy that many tracks yet, but the music is indeed pretty good in Chrono. I especially like the battle theme :)

There are plenty of Battle Themes, but the first one is indeed, pretty fucking awesome!!

I'm telling you dude, the Magus Battle Theme will bring tears to your eyes. It's THAT awesome !!!

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-22 14:30:38

I just got passed lab 16 and I'm currently in that dome part where you gotta go cross those pipes and such. One of the parts I found less interesting last time.

I just got one question by the way, does it matter if I sell old equipment? I've already sold some Bronze Helmets and old junk like that, but I know in some RPG's you can do stuff with it later. Is that the case in Chrono, or can I just sell everything if I think I won't equip it anymore?

At 4/22/10 04:54 AM, wallrus wrote:
I'd never pick Swedish, but it's my secondary language because Finaland is two language country.
But like i said i don't have to study Swedish anymore that was my last exam from it

Really? I didn't know you guys spoke two languages there. But hey, great that you passed your last exam for it.

At 4/22/10 02:14 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 4/22/10 04:18 AM, Auz wrote: Yeah I do. I never owned a SNES and as far as I know there isn't a single place in this country where I could still buy a SNES with Chrono Trigger. So I pretty much have to =/
You could probably buy a SNES on eBay for a good price. But getting Chrono Trigger will probably cost you a few more bucks

Yeah, but that would give me quite a lot of trouble. I don't have a credit card or paypal so that already makes it more difficult. Then I also gotta pay for shipping costs and other shit and I generally don't trust people on eBay either. So I'll just stick with the emulator.

Yes! I own this game in fact. Never was really good at this kind of games though. I think it's just really not my kind of games. The whole adventure thingy... going through the same starges all the time, but with different objectives...

It's alright, just not my style.

Ah that's too bad. There were many good games of that genre on the N64. Donkey Kong 64, Super Mario 64, Banjo Tooie, Banjo Kazooie, they're all considered some of the best games of that era.

There are plenty of Battle Themes, but the first one is indeed, pretty fucking awesome!!

I'm telling you dude, the Magus Battle Theme will bring tears to your eyes. It's THAT awesome !!!

Lol, tears to my eyes? :p I don't see that happening, but as I proceed further in the game I think you could be right about the music. Now that I start paying attention to it, I notice the background themes are indeed very good.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-04-22 14:43:55

Well, to start off my collection, I will show you a picture of all my N64 Games and controllers. 26 N64 games and 4 controllers. there's actually supposed to be 28 games but the other 2 are somewhere else in the room.

The Nintendo Club