00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Matilly just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Nintendo Club

169,094 Views | 1,692 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-20 12:55:33

At 3/20/10 02:37 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Wow! Did you ever have a copy of Secret Of Mana? Cause this fucking game is worth something like $80 nowadays :P

$80 i doubt that, but its still one of my fave snes games, oh lets see nintendo i also loved playing i think the name was dragon quest which turnedout to be a good series

for the wii, mario universe was notbad.

and last year when i had my DS i liked the new mario game or more of just old mario except kinda new lol

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-20 16:51:07

At 3/20/10 12:18 PM, Auz wrote:
I know the only way to perform a good attack with her was to do that fire spin thing with Chrono. That worked pretty well against most enemies, but other than that I was often unsure what to do when it was her turn.

The other pretty awesome shit she could do was Delta Force with Chrono and Marle. It's a triple tech doing lightning, fire and ice damage.

She's pretty weak with melee, but she doesn't seem to be the magician type of character either. So what is her major strength then? I assume she must have something.

She sucks until you get in a place where you get to fight different magical immune enemies.
As in some fights you will fight two monsters you can only hit with lightning, 2 monsters you can only hit with ice/water and 2 monsters you can only hit with fire. Then, she comes very handy, because any other kind of attacks will heal them back :P

Also, specific monsters have more resists or are immuned to some specific kind of magic. So if you fight an enemy with lower fire resist, she's quite awesome

Forgot to mention Lucca's powers were fire :P

Hmm... is it one of those trading kinda quests? You know the one where you have to trade items again and again and again until you finally get some awesome weapon?

No, you have to put a special stone in a pit of light in a moutain in the past, then come pick it back in the future. But when you do, the stone is not there anymore, you then have to go back in the past and prevent it from being stolen away, but it back in, then go to the future, pick the new stone, bring it back to the guy who's going to craft you a sword with it. It's a very frustrating quest and I don't even think I finished it, cause I already had the second best sword of the game.

Hehe oh yeah. I remember you would also be rescued by Lucca or Marle or something on day two if you were found guilty. If you're not guilty you would be saved at the execution room. Difference was that you would have to fight through the prison from a different position.

In fact, you have the choice to try and run away by yourself or wait for Lucca to come and get you. Even if it's a video game, I had too much pride to get saved by a girl :P

Aha. And if you take the easiest mission you take the lower path right? I remember I once made it to the higher path, but then I had to go through some lava level which was insanely hard =/

It's always been like that, same thing goes for Starfox on SNES and Starfox64 on the N64. But on the N64, you will want to avoide going through sector Z, even if it's the hardest path, you will get less points than if you go through Macbeth instead. The lava level is on normal level, not the hardest path.

I will include a map at the end of the post with my favorite patern on it.

That game looks pretty good for a SNES game actually. Except that there is no crosshair or anything which would make it difficult to aim I think.

Which game are you talking about?
Super Metroid? It's a platformer... I guess you were not talking about Metroid...

At 3/20/10 12:55 PM, XwaynecoltX wrote:
At 3/20/10 02:37 AM, HeavenDuff wrote: Wow! Did you ever have a copy of Secret Of Mana? Cause this fucking game is worth something like $80 nowadays :P
$80 i doubt that, but its still one of my fave snes games, oh lets see nintendo i also loved playing i think the name was dragon quest which turnedout to be a good series

Do some research on eBay :P

for the wii, mario universe was notbad.

and last year when i had my DS i liked the new mario game or more of just old mario except kinda new lol

I'm not that much of a Wii or portable gaming systems.
The Wii is a casual gaming system and I am no casual gamer.

Still, I enjoy playing Mario Party with my girlfriend from time to time :)

Also, Auz, here's the map I was talking about.
I have added a patern on the map, so you know which path is the best to get high scores.

The Nintendo Club

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-21 21:41:38

OH starfox

That brings back memories, i had always liked it, my fave part was the one level where you have to destroy the mother ship or something which was from that movie with Will smith, good movie aswell, aww the memories

~X~

~X~ (FOLLOW-ME)

[] The Top Reviewer Since 2002 [] COMIC >> WAYNES WORLD

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-22 14:40:22

*Wonders where wallrus went...*

I played some more Duke Nukem and defeated the first boss in the game. He was quite a piece of cake actually, I just kept shooting grenades at him and he died eventually. Now I'm in the first space level.

At 3/20/10 04:51 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 3/20/10 12:18 PM, Auz wrote: Hmm... is it one of those trading kinda quests? You know the one where you have to trade items again and again and again until you finally get some awesome weapon?
No, you have to put a special stone in a pit of light in a moutain in the past, then come pick it back in the future. But when you do, the stone is not there anymore, you then have to go back in the past and prevent it from being stolen away, but it back in, then go to the future, pick the new stone, bring it back to the guy who's going to craft you a sword with it. It's a very frustrating quest and I don't even think I finished it, cause I already had the second best sword of the game.

That doesn't sound too difficult to me actually. What's the big deal about it? Do you have to fight through some tough battles to get the stone back?

Hehe oh yeah. I remember you would also be rescued by Lucca or Marle or something on day two if you were found guilty. If you're not guilty you would be saved at the execution room. Difference was that you would have to fight through the prison from a different position.
In fact, you have the choice to try and run away by yourself or wait for Lucca to come and get you. Even if it's a video game, I had too much pride to get saved by a girl :P

Oh yeah, right. But if you ended up in the execution room, I believe you could go through the castle way more efficiently. Like you wouldn't have to walk back and forth so much to get all the treasure chests. You could just start from one corner of the level and work your way out, getting all the treasure along the way.

Aha. And if you take the easiest mission you take the lower path right? I remember I once made it to the higher path, but then I had to go through some lava level which was insanely hard =/
It's always been like that, same thing goes for Starfox on SNES and Starfox64 on the N64. But on the N64, you will want to avoide going through sector Z, even if it's the hardest path, you will get less points than if you go through Macbeth instead. The lava level is on normal level, not the hardest path.

I just played through the entire game once. I think last time I didn't realize flying low on the lava level destroys your ship. So I got through it and within an hour or so I've beaten the game for the first time. The final boss was also really, really easy by the way. I think he has only hit me once when he got so close after you destroy his hands. But with a few bombs he was finished within a matter of seconds. Final score was 649, which isn't that good I suppose.

Below is a map of the path I took.

That game looks pretty good for a SNES game actually. Except that there is no crosshair or anything which would make it difficult to aim I think.
Which game are you talking about?
Super Metroid? It's a platformer... I guess you were not talking about Metroid...

No Starfox. I saw some video with a guy playing through sector X or something and I didn't see a crosshair or anything to indicate where he was aiming =/

Also, Auz, here's the map I was talking about.
I have added a patern on the map, so you know which path is the best to get high scores.

And here's the path I took.

The Nintendo Club

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-22 15:40:04

At 3/22/10 02:40 PM, Auz wrote: *Wonders where wallrus went...*

I played some more Duke Nukem and defeated the first boss in the game. He was quite a piece of cake actually, I just kept shooting grenades at him and he died eventually. Now I'm in the first space level.

Sorry man, but i just haven't figured out anything to talk. You guys are talking about game that i have never even heard before. Damn we have only 4 years difference in age but 4 years is alot in video game world, espcially when we are talking about 90's.

First boss,hmm... Battlelord ? I just love that SEXY FELLAW, HAH, man it is always fun to kick it's ass.

But when we start comparing Battlelord and that creature that slahses you and shoots those shrink rays from it's chest, DAmn, i hate that bastard.

Oh space levels, i hated those, i always got lost in those levels and if i remember currently they were full of enforcers and Battlelords in the hardest difficulty.

Oh and one more thing, i laughed myself to dead when my bigbro played space lands, he hated that alien that floats and says: Suck it down. We always called him simply:
Vitun Shuckitdown ( vitun = fucking )

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-22 19:07:16

At 3/22/10 02:40 PM, Auz wrote:
That doesn't sound too difficult to me actually. What's the big deal about it? Do you have to fight through some tough battles to get the stone back?

Nope... I don't really remember... but I think I just never found the one guy who stole it...
Should really give it another try. I haven't played this game in years.

Oh yeah, right. But if you ended up in the execution room, I believe you could go through the castle way more efficiently. Like you wouldn't have to walk back and forth so much to get all the treasure chests. You could just start from one corner of the level and work your way out, getting all the treasure along the way.

What you said sounds pretty accurate to me. I don't remember every detail, but I guess that it true. Plus when Lucca comes to help you, you have two caracters to get through the various fights. You will like to avoid getting Crono injured most often then not. He's the best caracter you will use until when he get's killed.
When he dies, you can use any caracter as the leader of the group. So from this point on, other caracters will be able to learn triple techs and you will be able to make up new strategies, without having to include Crono in the strategy.

I just played through the entire game once. I think last time I didn't realize flying low on the lava level destroys your ship. So I got through it and within an hour or so I've beaten the game for the first time. The final boss was also really, really easy by the way. I think he has only hit me once when he got so close after you destroy his hands. But with a few bombs he was finished within a matter of seconds. Final score was 649, which isn't that good I suppose.

Yes, the heat inflicts damage to the ship, even if you do not get hit by the lava, so you have to flight high all the time.

And the last boss is quite easy when you get to play him if you got through the easy or normal path (in fact, if you want to face the hardest boss, you don't need to get through the hardest part, but only reach Venom from the last level on the hard path. Plus, if you do so, you get to fight the Starwolf with their best ships and I think that when you kill one of them you get something lik 50 or 100 points for each of them. So 200 or 400 when you kill them four.

If you do the whole thing properly, when you kill the first form of Andross, you get to fight his second form, but it will only appear if you do it on the hardest level.

The best score I got was something like 1040 or something like that. My brother managed to get something like 1200... but that is far beyond what I ever was able to do.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-22 22:07:03

Oh wait!

I just finished Starfox64 and did a score of 1314 !!!
Guess I was wrong then :P

My own best is still 1330

Best score I ever did playing Sector Z was 55. And when I play Macbeth instead I get scores like 130 to 150. The levels that will give you the most points are Area 6 (I got 290 points this time on this one) Zoness and Venom (on hard level).

I guess I did beat my big brother's best score after all :)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-23 04:23:41

Since Starfox 64 is the topic, how many have gotten all the medals in that game and gone through Expert mode? It's been so long for me that I don't even remember how I did it, but I did, 1 whole year after I had the game. I miss the multiplayer as well, it was so fun playing on foot while others had an Arwing fight. The train was my favorite stage as well for some reason. Having to shoot so many enemies while keeping an eye out for the switches always made my blood rush. That and the fight with Wolfe's crew on Venom's hard side. Something about rivalries always made it that much more epic for me. I may still be young but I feel like an old man reminicing all of this. Good times.

PSN ID: DMANSLAND, Wii number: too lazy to look up, Manliness level: GODLY

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-23 11:57:41

At 3/22/10 03:40 PM, wallrus wrote:
Sorry man, but i just haven't figured out anything to talk. You guys are talking about game that i have never even heard before. Damn we have only 4 years difference in age but 4 years is alot in video game world, espcially when we are talking about 90's.

Hah. Yeah 4 years is a lot in the videogame world indeed. It's quite surprising that you have even owned an N64 then and played Duke Nukem on it. You must've been 8 or something when the Gamecube came out...

But anyway I don't know much Chrono Trigger either, if that's the game you are talking about. I just started playing it recently, like a lot of older games so... You could find those games as well if you like. Also, surely you must know something about Starfox.

Oh and one more thing, i laughed myself to dead when my bigbro played space lands, he hated that alien that floats and says: Suck it down. We always called him simply:
Vitun Shuckitdown ( vitun = fucking )

Don't think I have encountered him yet :p

At 3/22/10 07:07 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 3/22/10 02:40 PM, Auz wrote: Oh yeah, right. But if you ended up in the execution room, I believe you could go through the castle way more efficiently. Like you wouldn't have to walk back and forth so much to get all the treasure chests. You could just start from one corner of the level and work your way out, getting all the treasure along the way.
What you said sounds pretty accurate to me. I don't remember every detail, but I guess that it true. Plus when Lucca comes to help you, you have two caracters to get through the various fights. You will like to avoid getting Crono injured most often then not. He's the best caracter you will use until when he get's killed.
When he dies, you can use any caracter as the leader of the group. So from this point on, other caracters will be able to learn triple techs and you will be able to make up new strategies, without having to include Crono in the strategy.

That sounds odd. So your group leader is normally the only one who can learn triple techs? Is there like an optimal way of teaching your characters triple techs then?

And the last boss is quite easy when you get to play him if you got through the easy or normal path (in fact, if you want to face the hardest boss, you don't need to get through the hardest part, but only reach Venom from the last level on the hard path. Plus, if you do so, you get to fight the Starwolf with their best ships and I think that when you kill one of them you get something lik 50 or 100 points for each of them. So 200 or 400 when you kill them four.

If you do the whole thing properly, when you kill the first form of Andross, you get to fight his second form, but it will only appear if you do it on the hardest level.

I just found that out :p He's indeed a lot harder than in the easy path. Still I managed to beat him in one try with only a quarter of my health. The flying through the maze thing afterward is still quite annoying though and I died there because I took a wrong turn =/

It's 50 points for Star Wolf by the way.

At 3/22/10 10:07 PM, HeavenDuff wrote: Oh wait!

I just finished Starfox64 and did a score of 1314 !!!
Guess I was wrong then :P

My own best is still 1330

Best score I ever did playing Sector Z was 55. And when I play Macbeth instead I get scores like 130 to 150. The levels that will give you the most points are Area 6 (I got 290 points this time on this one) Zoness and Venom (on hard level).

I was already thinking that just over 1000 was rather low. I just beat the game again and took the easiest path at first on purpose. Turns out that going via Sector X towards MacBeth is way better than through Solar actually. Also I finally managed to get to Area 6 which is indeed a level where you can get loads of points.

Final score was 1015, so I thought the first score you mentioned sounded low indeed.

Anyway I think if you screw up on Corneria (I still don't know how to get to the hard path), the best way to go is:
Meteo => Katina => Sector X => MacBeth => Area 6 => Venom

I think you could get pretty close to 1200 points that way.

At 3/23/10 04:23 AM, dmansland wrote: Since Starfox 64 is the topic, how many have gotten all the medals in that game and gone through Expert mode?

The high score list says I have a medal for Venom, but I have no idea how to get them for the other levels...

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-23 12:23:33

At 3/23/10 11:57 AM, Auz wrote:
At 3/22/10 03:40 PM, wallrus wrote:

Hah. Yeah 4 years is a lot in the videogame world indeed. It's quite surprising that you have even owned an N64 then and played Duke Nukem on it. You must've been 8 or something when the Gamecube came out...

Heh, well all i can say: Born in late december at 1993, Gaming since 1997.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-23 15:37:57

At 3/23/10 04:23 AM, dmansland wrote: Since Starfox 64 is the topic, how many have gotten all the medals in that game and gone through Expert mode? It's been so long for me that I don't even remember how I did it, but I did, 1 whole year after I had the game. I miss the multiplayer as well, it was so fun playing on foot while others had an Arwing fight. The train was my favorite stage as well for some reason. Having to shoot so many enemies while keeping an eye out for the switches always made my blood rush. That and the fight with Wolfe's crew on Venom's hard side. Something about rivalries always made it that much more epic for me. I may still be young but I feel like an old man reminicing all of this. Good times.

I can't remember exactly which one, but I know I got medals for Venom, Coerneria, Sector Y and maybe... Zoness...
But since I never play any levels on normal and easy, I don't have medals for these levels...
Should do em though.

Zoness is one of my favorite maps. Aquas is kind of boring...
Venom on hard is awesome :)
Katina was cool... but it's not worth it if you go for highscores.
Area 6 is fun because it's hard and when I play it I try to shoot down everything that's moving! You should see me playing this level haha!

That sounds odd. So your group leader is normally the only one who can learn triple techs? Is there like an optimal way of teaching your characters triple techs then?

Experience points, leveling...

Before he dies, you can only do triple techs with him, since he's always on the team. He can do triple techs with let's say... Marle and Lucca or... Marle and Frog... or Robo and Ayla...
But Frog, before Crono gets killed will not learn triple techs with other caracters than Crono and "any other caracter". I'm not even sure that all caracters have triple techs. I really need to play this game again...
When Crono dies, Frog will be able to learn a triple tech with Marle and Robo... or/and Robo and Ayla.

One thing is for sure, Magus doesn't have any double tech or triple tech (except if you find three special rocks that can be equipped by him, and two other teammates)

If you want to know about all the triple techs, look here

Then, when Crono dies, you can have another party leader.

I just found that out :p He's indeed a lot harder than in the easy path. Still I managed to beat him in one try with only a quarter of my health. The flying through the maze thing afterward is still quite annoying though and I died there because I took a wrong turn =/

Yeah, just noticed that (Hit+50 :P)
So when you get in there you have 204 points (and a medal for Venom)

The hardest boss is still the one in Area 6. What a bitch :P

Final score was 1015, so I thought the first score you mentioned sounded low indeed.

Managed to get a pretty good one actually :P
But yeah :P

Anyway I think if you screw up on Corneria (I still don't know how to get to the hard path), the best way to go is:

To play the hardest path from Corneria, you need to go through all the archs in the water section.
Do exactly like this guy does at 2:47

Really? That's nice :)

At 3/23/10 04:23 AM, dmansland wrote: Since Starfox 64 is the topic, how many have gotten all the medals in that game and gone through Expert mode?
The high score list says I have a medal for Venom, but I have no idea how to get them for the other levels...

Get high scores :P

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-25 12:38:02

Making a lot of progress with Duke Nukem. I think I'm nearing the end of the Space chapter now.

Gotta say that I go through levels a lot faster. At first I needed a guide quite often, but now I can usually find the exit on my own pretty quickly.

Also those Battlelords are really becoming a bitch. They pop-up in the most inconveniently small corridors where they start shooting grenades all around the place. I just grab my missile launcher and fire away at him, but they still need about 5 or 6 missiles to take down =/

At 3/23/10 03:37 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
If you want to know about all the triple techs, look here

Then, when Crono dies, you can have another party leader.

Ah I see. Apparently Crono can learn the most triple techs though. Does it have any consequences when Crono dies?

Yeah, just noticed that (Hit+50 :P)
So when you get in there you have 204 points (and a medal for Venom)

The hardest boss is still the one in Area 6. What a bitch :p

Agreed. I really don't like that boss. It takes long before you can finally do some serious damage to him. Also I had great trouble with the Zoness boss at first. I didn't get that you had to fire bombs at certain parts of his ship. I was just firing away at the side of his ship, because that did something. It didn't damage him though, it just wiggled his ship.

To play the hardest path from Corneria, you need to go through all the archs in the water section.
Do exactly like this guy does at 2:47

Ah I knew something was up with that waterfall and that ship flying over after you went through the water section.

Really? That's nice :)

Yeah like I said I had 1,015 points by going:
Corneria => Meteo => Fichina => Sector X => MacBeth => Area 6 => Venom

By going via Katina last time I received a lot of points for Meteo from the bonus level though. So 1,200 that way is reachable I think, but I doubt you could get close to breaking your high score that way. You probably really have to go through the harder levels for 1,300+.

Get high scores :P

Oh okay. Guess I'll need to do a little better then :p

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-25 14:15:20

Hmm I took the best path this time, but I got no higher than 1166 points. My scores for each level were:

Corneria: 117
Sector Y: 117
Aquas: 135
Zoness: 207
MacBeth: 147
Area 6: 236
Venom: 207

I screwed something up on Venom because I only got +30 for taking down the last member of Star Wolf and I don't know why. Maybe the faster you do it, the more points you get or something. For the rest I don't know where I scored low. I think I did pretty well on most levels, but apparently I'm still about 160 points off from your record.

Anyway I'll try the other path I mentioned before. See if I can break this score by going that way.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-25 19:27:50

I have Tetris!

The statement below this is false.

The statement above this is true.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-25 20:11:45

At 3/25/10 02:15 PM, Auz wrote: Hmm I took the best path this time, but I got no higher than 1166 points. My scores for each level were:

Corneria: 117

I screwed something up on Venom because I only got +30 for taking down the last member of Star Wolf and I don't know why. Maybe the faster you do it, the more points you get or something. For the rest I don't know where I scored low. I think I did pretty well on most levels, but apparently I'm still about 160 points off from your record.

Anyway I'll try the other path I mentioned before. See if I can break this score by going that way.

My personnal best:

Corneria: 159
Sector Y: 126
Aquas: 167
Zoness: 251
MacBeth: 143
Area 6: 257
Venom: 227

To increase your score, I suggest you charge up your laser when you want to hit a group of enemies. It may not sound important. But when you kill more enemies with one charged up laser, you get more points. So if you kill two enemies at once, you usually get 3 points instead of 2. Do this 100 times, you get 150 points.

Plus, when your teammates get owned, you have lower scores. Maybe you did the last mission without one of your teammates or maybe he got owned during the fight?

With that score you got you would still hold the 9th place on my Rankings.
Since you only learned yesterday how to get to play Sector Y, I guess that I do have a little advantage on you right from the start. I bet you'll get a better score next time :)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-25 20:14:01

Sorry for double-post, I forgot to put this part in my last post.

At 3/25/10 12:38 PM, Auz wrote:
Ah I see. Apparently Crono can learn the most triple techs though. Does it have any consequences when Crono dies?

Consequences on the game you mean?
I don't really know how to answer that question. When Crono dies, you have to get the Chrono Trigger to take him back to life. But while he is not in the team, you still have awesome caracters in your team. My reflex is always to choose Frog as the party leader when Crono dies. For the other caracters, it really just depends on your own preferences :)

Agreed. I really don't like that boss. It takes long before you can finally do some serious damage to him. Also I had great trouble with the Zoness boss at first. I didn't get that you had to fire bombs at certain parts of his ship. I was just firing away at the side of his ship, because that did something. It didn't damage him though, it just wiggled his ship.

Haha! The boss on Zoness is not hard when you understand what to do. On Area 6 it sucks, cause even if your good, you can still get owned when he fire the laser thing.

Ah I knew something was up with that waterfall and that ship flying over after you went through the water section.

That's it. You'll appreciate playing through Sector Y. I didn't like it at first, but it's a nice level :)

Sector X? You can't get to MacBeth from Sector X...
Well... that's what my little map says. Maybe you meant Sector X => Titania => MacBeth
Or is it Fichina => Solar => MacBeth?

By going via Katina last time I received a lot of points for Meteo from the bonus level though. So 1,200 that way is reachable I think, but I doubt you could get close to breaking your high score that way. You probably really have to go through the harder levels for 1,300+.

Hardest levels of course, with the exception I pointed out before...
Always choose MacBeth instead of Sector Z :)

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-25 20:23:35

I just finally beat the Little Nemo on the NES, had been at that one for a few weeks. I still love playing and beating NES games, so much so that I still havent even moved onto the super nintendo.

CUS I'D RATHER BE PLAYING WITH MOTHERFUCKING POWER, BABY.

The Nintendo Club

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-26 05:18:11

At 3/25/10 08:23 PM, PantyWipe wrote: I just finally beat the Little Nemo on the NES, had been at that one for a few weeks. I still love playing and beating NES games, so much so that I still havent even moved onto the super nintendo.

CUS I'D RATHER BE PLAYING WITH MOTHERFUCKING POWER, BABY.

That is one fine piece of Nes mm...mmmm.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-26 20:46:30

At 3/25/10 07:27 PM, bman200 wrote: I have Tetris!

Which one? The original Gameboy one, Tetris DX, the NES version, one of the N64 games, or Tetris DS?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-27 10:21:40

At 3/25/10 08:11 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 3/25/10 02:15 PM, Auz wrote: Corneria: 117
My personnal best:

Hmm you scored a lot higher on Corneria, Aquas and Zoness apparently. I can understand Corneria and Zoness, but in Aquas I fired torpedo's at anything that moved and still I scored way lower than you. Maybe I missed something... =/

To increase your score, I suggest you charge up your laser when you want to hit a group of enemies. It may not sound important. But when you kill more enemies with one charged up laser, you get more points. So if you kill two enemies at once, you usually get 3 points instead of 2. Do this 100 times, you get 150 points.

I noticed something like that sometimes happened, but I was still mostly using my ordinary lasers to fire. Looks like it could seriously improve your score, so I'll try it next time :)

Plus, when your teammates get owned, you have lower scores. Maybe you did the last mission without one of your teammates or maybe he got owned during the fight?

I think I might have lost Slippy, but I'm not sure. I know most of my teammates were heavily damaged though, so that might have been the cause then I guess.

With that score you got you would still hold the 9th place on my Rankings.
Since you only learned yesterday how to get to play Sector Y, I guess that I do have a little advantage on you right from the start. I bet you'll get a better score next time :)

With that charging laser trick I assume I will score much higher score next time :)

At 3/25/10 08:14 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 3/25/10 12:38 PM, Auz wrote: Ah I see. Apparently Crono can learn the most triple techs though. Does it have any consequences when Crono dies?
Consequences on the game you mean?
I don't really know how to answer that question. When Crono dies, you have to get the Chrono Trigger to take him back to life. But while he is not in the team, you still have awesome caracters in your team. My reflex is always to choose Frog as the party leader when Crono dies. For the other caracters, it really just depends on your own preferences :)

Yeah I mean something bad will happen that can not be undone. Like maybe something in the story will change or you lose items/money/experience/stats. Or maybe it will be very difficult to bring Chrono back to life, stuff like that. Some games really make a big deal out of it when the main character dies. Is the Chrono Trigger hard to obtain?

Haha! The boss on Zoness is not hard when you understand what to do. On Area 6 it sucks, cause even if your good, you can still get owned when he fire the laser thing.

Yeah that laser attack is quite devastating. I also find it annoying how he constantly teleports away and starts firing a dozen of missiles at you.

That's it. You'll appreciate playing through Sector Y. I didn't like it at first, but it's a nice level :)

I think it's a pretty nice level. The boss is really easy though. If you got the blue lasers I think you only need to get a good aim at them once, fire away and they'll die quickly.

Sector X? You can't get to MacBeth from Sector X...
Well... that's what my little map says. Maybe you meant Sector X => Titania => MacBeth
Or is it Fichina => Solar => MacBeth?

No there's a little mistake on the map. You can see that Titania and MacBeth are connect to each other, but they are both fifth levels. So the yellow line there should've connected Sector X with MacBeth.

Anyway, apparently somebody got 1,805 points by going the path I'm talking about. At the same time, other people got 2,300+ by going your 'best path' though. So I guess your path is still a lot better :p

And like I said before, Solar sucks. I think it's quite a difficult level and you can't get that many points there. Going through Sector X is better.

Hardest levels of course, with the exception I pointed out before...
Always choose MacBeth instead of Sector Z :)

I never even managed to get to Sector Z so far. Apparently you can warp there from Sector X, but I never encountered those rings yet. And in Zoness I remember I once saw something (green and red lights), but I still don't know what I have to do to get to Sector Z.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-27 15:19:52

At 3/27/10 10:21 AM, Auz wrote:
At 3/25/10 08:11 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 3/25/10 02:15 PM, Auz wrote: Corneria: 117
My personnal best:

Hmm you scored a lot higher on Corneria, Aquas and Zoness apparently. I can understand Corneria and Zoness, but in Aquas I fired torpedo's at anything that moved and still I scored way lower than you. Maybe I missed something... =/

When you play Aquas you have to make sure to kill the big monsters with flashlights on there heads :P
Plus, when you fight the boss, there are three things on the top of it, shooting some kind of snakes.

Remember this is my best score ever and not the score I got the first time I went through the game, I will add some of my lower scores to give you a better idea. I'll do it later though.

I noticed something like that sometimes happened, but I was still mostly using my ordinary lasers to fire. Looks like it could seriously improve your score, so I'll try it next time :)

When you start Corneria you encounter groups of enemies, charge up your laser and try hitting a few enemies with a charged up attack then finish them off with your normal lasers. Corneria is a good place for this, because you will encounter a lot of small groups of enemiers (3 to 5 enemies together)

I think I might have lost Slippy, but I'm not sure. I know most of my teammates were heavily damaged though, so that might have been the cause then I guess.

I don't know if the amount of damage really affects the game.
Plus, if you want to do a little cheat I like to do on Venom, right when Starwolf gets in, skip the cut-scene showing them entering the combat zone and as soon as you can do that C+back thing and you will be facing them, and they are in a formation, so you can easily hit them while they are all gathered up in a little corner. I remember killing one of them in seconds this way :P

With that charging laser trick I assume I will score much higher score next time :)

I'm trying to find a few more tips I could share. Area 6... lol, what you have to do is hit the ships, destroying the ships will give you 5 or 10 points. Doing the laser charge-up thing here will also pay off a LOT!

Yeah I mean something bad will happen that can not be undone. Like maybe something in the story will change or you lose items/money/experience/stats. Or maybe it will be very difficult to bring Chrono back to life, stuff like that. Some games really make a big deal out of it when the main character dies. Is the Chrono Trigger hard to obtain?

Oh! There is a little confusion right here :P
Crono HAS to die. If you go through the whole game, he will ALWAYS get killed. It's a part of the storyline. So you won't loose anything since you really just cannot do anything about it.

Yeah that laser attack is quite devastating. I also find it annoying how he constantly teleports away and starts firing a dozen of missiles at you.

Yes that, and there seems to be no kind of previsible patern in what he does. Sometimes he just teleports back in the screen, and teleports right away and you don't even get a chance to deal so damage to the ship.

I think it's a pretty nice level. The boss is really easy though. If you got the blue lasers I think you only need to get a good aim at them once, fire away and they'll die quickly.

Yup, and the third one is just dumb. When he lands on the ship he becomes the easiest target ever :P

No there's a little mistake on the map. You can see that Titania and MacBeth are connect to each other, but they are both fifth levels. So the yellow line there should've connected Sector X with MacBeth.

True. My bad.

Anyway, apparently somebody got 1,805 points by going the path I'm talking about. At the same time, other people got 2,300+ by going your 'best path' though. So I guess your path is still a lot better :p

That's just killing me. How can you even manage to get such high scores ?!?
I'm blasting my lasers from the very beginning of the level and until the end.
Look at this video. This guy actually found out that when you get a kill by firing the charged up laser at water or any structures in the game, even if you get only one kill, you get a Hit+1 thing.
Damnit!! How was I supposed to figure that out ?!?
Dude! He's not even halfway through the level and he already has a medal !!!

And like I said before, Solar sucks. I think it's quite a difficult level and you can't get that many points there. Going through Sector X is better.

You are always fighting to survive...
Your ship is getting damaged from the first second of the level to the very end...

I never even managed to get to Sector Z so far. Apparently you can warp there from Sector X, but I never encountered those rings yet. And in Zoness I remember I once saw something (green and red lights), but I still don't know what I have to do to get to Sector Z.

You have to destroy all the light things to avoid getting spotted. Falco comes in very handy on this level. You will like to have him with you on this level, because he destroy some of the lights you can't reach. Well... you can... but it's kind of hard...

I still can't believe there is people who can get such high scores...

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-28 13:18:26

I played through Star Fox again and this time I went my path. I used that charging up laser trick as much as I could and my final score was about 1248. Got a medal on Sector X and MacBeth too which is really nice.

I could've gotten near 1300 though because again I screwed up on Venom. Not much I could do about it, I was just in bad luck. You see, I had almost killed Wolf. He only required one more hit or so and then Falco came and shot him down which doesn't award me with any points. So I missed out on a full 51 points there =/

By the way, do I have to gather all the medals separately for each level to unlock expert mode? Or do I have to do a run where I get seven medals in a row?

And on a sidenote: I think you could put Sector X in the list of high-scoring levels. There are loads of enemy groups there and I got 198 Hits in total. With a bit more luck I could've gained well over 200.

At 3/27/10 03:19 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
At 3/27/10 10:21 AM, Auz wrote: Hmm you scored a lot higher on Corneria, Aquas and Zoness apparently. I can understand Corneria and Zoness, but in Aquas I fired torpedo's at anything that moved and still I scored way lower than you. Maybe I missed something... =/
When you play Aquas you have to make sure to kill the big monsters with flashlights on there heads :P
Plus, when you fight the boss, there are three things on the top of it, shooting some kind of snakes.

Aha. I knew those monsters gave you +3 Hit or something, but I never really bothered with destroying those things on top of his shell. Do they give you like +5 or something?

When you start Corneria you encounter groups of enemies, charge up your laser and try hitting a few enemies with a charged up attack then finish them off with your normal lasers. Corneria is a good place for this, because you will encounter a lot of small groups of enemiers (3 to 5 enemies together)

I just did that and my score was indeed much higher this time. I decided to go to Meteo though so my score was still not superb, but it was way better than the former times I've played through that level.

I don't know if the amount of damage really affects the game.
Plus, if you want to do a little cheat I like to do on Venom, right when Starwolf gets in, skip the cut-scene showing them entering the combat zone and as soon as you can do that C+back thing and you will be facing them, and they are in a formation, so you can easily hit them while they are all gathered up in a little corner. I remember killing one of them in seconds this way :P

Heh I just tried that, but they must be flying really higher or something. I missed them when I was flying towards them, so I still had to beat them the old fashioned way.

I'm trying to find a few more tips I could share. Area 6... lol, what you have to do is hit the ships, destroying the ships will give you 5 or 10 points. Doing the laser charge-up thing here will also pay off a LOT!

I know. I kinda like destroying those circular things as well. They give you +3 Hit for each, but you're gonna need upgraded lasers though. Otherwise you can't damage them enough before they move out of the screen.

Oh! There is a little confusion right here :P
Crono HAS to die. If you go through the whole game, he will ALWAYS get killed. It's a part of the storyline. So you won't loose anything since you really just cannot do anything about it.

Ooooh so it's part of the plot. That's quite nice. So is it like... you go back in time to try and prevent something from happening so that Crono doesn't die?

Yup, and the third one is just dumb. When he lands on the ship he becomes the easiest target ever :P

Land on his ship? Does he do that somewhere halfway or something? Because I've never seen him go back there...

That's just killing me. How can you even manage to get such high scores ?!?
I'm blasting my lasers from the very beginning of the level and until the end.
Look at this video. This guy actually found out that when you get a kill by firing the charged up laser at water or any structures in the game, even if you get only one kill, you get a Hit+1 thing.
Damnit!! How was I supposed to figure that out ?!?
Dude! He's not even halfway through the level and he already has a medal !!!

Lol :p Yeah I guess a lot of people are using that trick to get uberhigh scores. I don't see how else you could get over 1800 points. I agree that it's kinda silly. You'd never expect the game to work that way.

By the way, aren't they playing on Expert mode? It seems like you get more enemies there which means more points...

You are always fighting to survive...
Your ship is getting damaged from the first second of the level to the very end...

Yeah and even your teammates will receive lots of damage and there's nothing you can do about it. So I'll be avoiding Solar from now on. Aquas and Sector X are way better for points anyway.

You have to destroy all the light things to avoid getting spotted. Falco comes in very handy on this level. You will like to have him with you on this level, because he destroy some of the lights you can't reach. Well... you can... but it's kind of hard...

Oh alright. Maybe I'll do that someday to explore sector Z for a bit. I won't have to go there for the points I guess.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-28 15:43:25

Nevermind about that question I posed earlier regarding medals. I didn't notice the game would show all the medals you've obtained so far on the map.

I just got the medal for Zoness as well, but I accidentally went to Sector Z and fucked up my score with that. I only got about 80 points there while I could've gained twice as many on MacBeth. Final score was 1233 this time and it's the first time I didn't break my older record.

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-28 17:57:25

At 3/28/10 01:18 PM, Auz wrote:
And on a sidenote: I think you could put Sector X in the list of high-scoring levels. There are loads of enemy groups there and I got 198 Hits in total. With a bit more luck I could've gained well over 200.

So best fourth stage list
Best would be Zoness, second would be Sector X and third would be Solar. Ok :)

Aha. I knew those monsters gave you +3 Hit or something, but I never really bothered with destroying those things on top of his shell. Do they give you like +5 or something?

+3 or +5 (for a total of 9 or 15, can't remember)

I just did that and my score was indeed much higher this time. I decided to go to Meteo though so my score was still not superb, but it was way better than the former times I've played through that level.

That's some improvment :)

Heh I just tried that, but they must be flying really higher or something. I missed them when I was flying towards them, so I still had to beat them the old fashioned way.

Yes, they are flying very high, almost of screen, you have to mess with the game a little bit to get them :P

Ooooh so it's part of the plot. That's quite nice. So is it like... you go back in time to try and prevent something from happening so that Crono doesn't die?

You have to get the Chrono Trigger first, then come back in time to the place where he got killed and replace him while he's unconscious or something, with the Chrono Trigger. That is if my memories are correct.

Land on his ship? Does he do that somewhere halfway or something? Because I've never seen him go back there...

If it takes a while before you kill him he will land on the ship and shoot you from there. But he then becomes the easiest taget in the game :P

Lol :p Yeah I guess a lot of people are using that trick to get uberhigh scores. I don't see how else you could get over 1800 points. I agree that it's kinda silly. You'd never expect the game to work that way.

Well, if you watch the video I have posted just before, you will realise he get points by shooting bombs on the ground, even when there is not enemies, he still do it and get points for killing enemies that really just do not exists.

By the way, aren't they playing on Expert mode? It seems like you get more enemies there which means more points...

I don't think you can change the level in the game. Can you?

Yeah and even your teammates will receive lots of damage and there's nothing you can do about it. So I'll be avoiding Solar from now on. Aquas and Sector X are way better for points anyway.

I know... that's lame...

Oh alright. Maybe I'll do that someday to explore sector Z for a bit. I won't have to go there for the points I guess.

It's quite fun to play, but you don't get a lot of points. It's like Katina. It's an "All-range mode" kind of level.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-28 18:24:38

So, Starfox 64 fans, who do you like more: Bill or Katt?

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-28 19:08:08

At 3/28/10 06:24 PM, puddinN64 wrote: So, Starfox 64 fans, who do you like more: Bill or Katt?

Bill, cause he actually helps you...
When Katt pretends to do something on MacBeth, it fucking pisses me off to realise she really didn't do what she said she was going to do.
She's all like "I'll shoot the left panels!!"
Just to let you realise seconds later that she didn't do shit and that you have to rush to the left of the screen to turn all the panels to green.

Bill is actually quite funny and doesn't seem that bothered everytime you shoot down one of the guys from his squadron.
He's like: "Fox! That's one of ours!"
And then congrats you on your good aiming :)

And who his Katt anyway? Falco's bitch?

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-29 08:02:40

At 3/28/10 06:24 PM, puddinN64 wrote: So, Starfox 64 fans, who do you like more: Bill or Katt?

God damn it i'm completely out from this discussion....I got to say something....

Pudding where do you keep getting those cool sigs ? Nice bounce by the way.

...Oh for f**k sake, i'll keep break from this place, BUT I WILL RETUURN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BBS Signature

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-29 11:30:30

Last night i created a new Game Genie code for super mario brothers one. I didn't see it at the code hut so i don't know if it's been invented yet. The code is UUGUUG when u hit a mystery cube and a mushroom or flower comes out u don't even have to grab it. it comes to u atomaticaly so your mushroom won't fall off a cliff if u don't grab it right away.

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-29 12:01:21

I,ll join ive got a 64 and game cube.

Mah favorite game in my nintendo collection is Hexen for the 64 fkn luv it

Response to The Nintendo Club 2010-03-29 12:11:21

At 3/28/10 07:08 PM, HeavenDuff wrote:
Bill, cause he actually helps you...
When Katt pretends to do something on MacBeth, it fucking pisses me off to realise she really didn't do what she said she was going to do.
She's all like "I'll shoot the left panels!!"
Just to let you realise seconds later that she didn't do shit and that you have to rush to the left of the screen to turn all the panels to green.

Bill is actually quite funny and doesn't seem that bothered everytime you shoot down one of the guys from his squadron.
He's like: "Fox! That's one of ours!"
And then congrats you on your good aiming :)

God, I played that a couple days back and it is so true I shoot them all I dont care what bill sez he can say ''Fox i'm humpin a headcrab.''

But ill have to go with Bill, Katt is worth shit, she only playes Slippy with you and then sexualy harrass you when you save her. ''I could kiss you for that!'' is burned into my head and WTF happend to her in star fox command she looks way diffrent (Sorry I also have a ds)