00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

kyzakay just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

If A Game Was Reality.

2,386 Views | 43 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 07:42:51

What would you choose?

You were yourself in that game. Whatever game it is you choose. But ya gotta think about it, I mean you don't wanna choose some games because odds are your gonna get yourself killed or in the reality aspect the game turns to shit.

I pick Grand Theft Auto. I mean, I'd just love to be able to walk the streets, drive cars around, occasionally eat, and associate with people. negatives of this as a reality, They always come with the territory. I mean, even games as far fetched and wild as GTA have some realistic consequences. I mean, Hailing a taxi for example. Sometimes I wouldn't feel like driving home, So I'd hail a cab. Not wanting to Hijack the poor man, I may in fact end a seemingly innocent night in the front seat, of a blood stained taxi driving with what seems to be inadequate steering capabilities to those of vehicles around me.

Also, being out in the sun all day. I don't tan well.

Has anyone here honestly missed me? Ask for my recent life story, I dare you.

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 07:54:56

At 7/31/09 07:42 AM, iCurrie wrote: I pick Grand Theft Auto.

It seems kinda, uh, unimaginative to choose for your reality a game that's based on imitating real reality.

I'd probably pick something with a cosmic sort of control like Spore or Katamari Whateveraci.

BBS Signature

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 08:04:07

At 7/31/09 07:54 AM, StephanosGnomon wrote: It seems kinda, uh, unimaginative to choose for your reality a game that's based on imitating real reality.

I actually said it as sarcasm, because I couldn't think of a single thing that I would choose over my current life. I mean, Some came with positives, But loads of negatives too. So that was my sarcastic 'filler' until I thought of something I'd choose any day over current life styles.

I guess I'd go with Mass Effect. I've always loved the complex styles and nature of space, Always fascinated me. Shame I won't be around when 'Earth' is a colony, And races are nothing but tiny differences. In comparison to us and other planets :)

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 08:04:34

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 08:09:47

Damn I was gonna say Mass Effect. It would be sweet to live on the Citadel.
I'll be more original and say Oblivion or maybe Morrowind. I like the beautiful landscapes, loads of countryside and old style architecture in small towns and villages.
Kinda strange: I like the traditional and simple styles but I love space and all the technology that comes with it. I'm a contradiction.

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 08:16:14

At 7/31/09 08:04 AM, Jeanioz wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/49 4636

good one.

BBS Signature

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 08:17:10

At 7/31/09 08:09 AM, sushi13 wrote: Kinda strange: I like the traditional and simple styles but I love space and all the technology that comes with it. I'm a contradiction.

I'm like exactly the same man. They're too things I would like to have in the present day. At the moment we're bordering between the two. They'll have a word for it in 100 years or so. I guess we just want what we can't have?

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 08:18:15

I'd like Fallout 3 to be real. It'd be awesome. Just feeling that fear... Of being killed if you just pop your head outside of your vault.
Awesome.

PSN username - UnreaK745 / PM me for similar sig.

Visit my page, cocksuckah.

BBS Signature

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 09:18:38

At 7/31/09 08:50 AM, PrinceFlea wrote: SplatterHouse

I have no idea what that is. But it sounds extremely depressing.

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 09:33:57

At 7/31/09 08:50 AM, PrinceFlea wrote: SplatterHouse

silent hill is better

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 10:12:52

probaly dead rising 1 or 2. because kicking back enjoying the nice secne talk wit people and oh did i mention killing zombie and free movie all part of a average day...but the night is something else.

BBS Signature

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 10:21:33

Knights Of The Old Republic II.

That game kicked ass.

"Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici"

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 10:22:44

Pokemon.

Hands down, no contest, with the only other game putting up a fight being Ace Attorney.

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 10:52:22

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy.

What's better than making 2 rancors fight a mutant rancor as an invincible Jawa with a jetpack and kung-fu, other than giraffes?

It ain't easy being cheesey.

Backloggd account | Letterboxd account

BBS Signature

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 11:07:15

Yeah, I think Mass effect aswell.
If it was on easy so I can't die.
:D :D :D

Why yes, that IS a large collection of 1998 "Smithy's Favourite Times" Licenced Cereal Pop Toys!

BBS Signature

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 11:22:40

I always thought the Ratchet and Clank universe would be a good reality :D

Tons of planets to explore, crazy guns being sold in vendors on the street...

BBS Signature

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 12:56:59

Super Smash Bros. Think about it, you could just wail on people all day! No consequences; If you die, you just reappear on a tiny, hovering, platform.

Here's my Dtoid account. And my Urban Terror ID is BenelliM4-Medic. And I know Travis Touchdown isn't a Capcom character, but I put him in anyway.

BBS Signature

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 13:14:37

Nothing can be more fun then starting out in your home town in a age of 10 to catch pokemons?
traveling around your country to find, collect and fight ^^

or being a soldier like Snake in MGS ^^

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 14:14:10

Fallout series. Wandering around a wasteland based on idealized 50s, fending off mutants and raiders... And collecting rare pre-war stuff.

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 14:49:37

[ Prototype ] For The World!! love to be alex mercer!! D<

Prototype freak? ALL THE WAY!

BBS Signature

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 14:55:41

Animal Crossing.

A furry Real Life simulator.

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 14:56:30

At 7/31/09 10:21 AM, LastMeasure wrote: Knights Of The Old Republic II.

That game kicked ass.

Nooooo, the first one is better!!Bad thing the second one was unfinished :(

I would probably pick Fallout 3 of resident evil lol.

BBS Signature

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 14:56:54

Left4Dead.

Then I have sex with Zoey lololololo.

KILL ALL SONS A BITCHES.

BBS Signature

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 15:04:48

Anyone who says Fallout is a masochistic idiot with a death wish and/or below the age of 12.

I'd probably go with Arcanum. There's something very cool about the merging of high fantasy and steampunk, imo. Living in Tarant would be pretty cool.

Mass Effect is also a good choice.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 15:46:34

I would be the Overlord from Overlord or...
A citizen from Black & White

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 17:39:58

Let's just go through some options.

Legend of Zelda: Hyrule would be a nice place to live, when it's not being destroyed and taken over by Ganon. Too much risk involved if you ask me.

Metal Gear Solid: It's pretty much the same as the real world (not counting 4), except Solid Snake would be real, which would be reason enough on the off chance I'd meet him.

Dead or Alive (Xtreme Beach Volleyball optional): I'd cum, other than that not much to say about it.

Resident Evil: Much like MGS, it would pretty much be the real world, except you'd constantly have to worry about the T-Virus. No-go on that one...

Animal Crossing:There's apparently free electricity, you can move crap around really easily by turning it into leaves, and you can sell fruit for ridiculous amounts of money, plus you can shake trees for money and furniture. Of course almost everyone else would be anthropomorphic animals, which would make sex extremely awkward unless you're a furry, in which case it would be great. I am not, so this is also a no-go.

Metroid: The universe would be safe from tyranny due the even handed brutality and caring of Samus Aran, which would be great. I guess you'd have to worry about Space Pirates, but still. Also, I'd cum.

I'd go with Metroid.

At 5/11/59 09:17 PM, Wolverine said:

| No no-neck redneck dumps on my wife and gets away with it!

BBS Signature

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 18:43:42

Resident Evil but that being said I would either be dead or like Wesker.

Shotime

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-07-31 22:33:57

I'd pick Fable. No technology, but, hey, lots of food, beds, and girls.

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-08-01 01:07:16

Maybe one of the games from the Touhou Project: Gensokyo seems an awesome place to live, full of demons and gods and magic and stuff.

Or more likely the Zelda games. I've always wanted to go around as Link. There's probably a thousand things Link does that Miyamoto refuses to show in order to keep the games within Nintendo's limits on violence and subject matter. Seriously, that guy has women all over him all the time, he must get more pussy than an animal shelter. And he carves up Moblins on a regular basis.

Response to If A Game Was Reality. 2009-08-01 01:38:15

I'd totally be keen to be Link in reality. Despite the whole dress wearing, transgenders thing, i think I could learn to live, and love it.

But I still think Mass Effect is the way to go.