00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

official "Help find a game" thread

2,698 Views | 46 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

This thread is for anyone to seek assistance finding an obscure or old game about which they only have little information about it. i want this thread to eliminate the need for people to make excess topics of the same subject from being made needlessly, and maybe show each other to games we otherwise might not have heard of.

When asking for assistance, please try to give as much detail as you can remember and present your information in a clear, concise manner. Please read the entire thread first (or at least the last few pages of it should it get to be a long read) before offering help as another user may have already answered the question.

Feel free to discuss any game mentioned in this thread, please do not spam with short unhelping, annoying posts such as "that game sucks" etc etc.This thread is meant to offer assistance, so try to maintain a level of courtesy and of course continue to obey the BBS rules.
Thank you.

also thank you THEJamoke for general thread layout, and giving me more detail to put into this.

I'm the holder of the self proclaimed 'Biggest Douchebag on the Forums' award.

PSN/360 name : BerZerKer 123, and my Steam

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:10:21

I'm looking for a fairly old game. The entire basis revolves around you being some kind of bar which can spin clockwise or counter-clockwise, and you have to tap a button at just the right moment to switch the dots you stay on. You basically have to go from point A to B, though there are often obstacles in the way.

I could've sworn it was called "Spin Doctor", but I can't find anything about it using Google.

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:13:16

At 7/18/09 12:10 AM, Chumbawamba wrote: stuff about a game im looking for.

do you remeber what console the game was on?

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:16:16

Nice idea, too many threads like this lately.

I'll try some.

I remember this old game from several years back, probably on the Sega, N64, or SNES. All I can remember is that I think it was a platformer or adventure, set in medieval times, two main characters, one I think was a Jester the other a female. They were playing around with a spell book and inaverdently unleash a giant demon thing, which they then try to stop.

--

Another was again on either the Sega, N64 or SNES. Alien pods land on earth and turn people into Terminator like robots. You play as a Cyborg female that was partially transformed.

Anyone knows these?

Gamertag: Vajra09

Rank 16 in the Newgrounds Gamerscore Leaderboard 2.0

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:16:34

At 7/18/09 12:13 AM, explodingbunnies wrote: do you remeber what console the game was on?

I know I only played it on the computer when I was a kid. It's a simple game, so odds are it wouldn't be on a recent console, unless in a compilation of arcade games.

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:21:19

At 7/18/09 12:10 AM, Chumbawamba wrote: I'm looking for a fairly old game. The entire basis revolves around you being some kind of bar which can spin clockwise or counter-clockwise, and you have to tap a button at just the right moment to switch the dots you stay on. You basically have to go from point A to B, though there are often obstacles in the way.

I could've sworn it was called "Spin Doctor", but I can't find anything about it using Google.

I'm not sure but it sounds like it could be Kuru Kuru Kururin

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:22:18

Another was again on either the Sega, N64 or SNES. Alien pods land on earth and turn people into Terminator like robots. You play as a Cyborg female that was partially transformed.

i do belive the game your looking for is NiGHTS .

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:23:56

In the original thread, TheJamoke said:
Everyone who flamed the op for simply trying to help is on warning. This topic will remain for a time so that anyone who posts like this again will have no excuse that they were not warned.

Well, I'm glad I didn't post in that thread. But it wasn't bad on the OP's part, nor was it good quality. Blaze was just on his weekly shite-fit and everybody followed suit. You don't need to be a mod, admin, Regular, or have the name of SlipperyMooseCakes to make an "Official" thread.

So does anybody remember a Sega Genesis (I think) game starring a yellow, circular character with sunglasses? I have faint memories of such a game at the age of 3. It was a platformer.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:24:36

At 7/18/09 12:21 AM, SomaGuye wrote: I'm not sure but it sounds like it could be Kuru Kuru Kururin

Unfortunately no... but the bar looks very similar.

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:25:36

At 7/18/09 12:22 AM, explodingbunnies wrote:

Nope, I know it wasn't that. Plus it was most likely too mature to be made by Nintendo.

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:26:40

At 7/18/09 12:23 AM, Gustavos wrote:
So does anybody remember a Sega Genesis (I think) game starring a yellow, circular character with sunglasses? I have faint memories of such a game at the age of 3. It was a platformer.

you sure he wasnt green? because if he is, thsn your looking for vectorman.

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:27:44

At 7/18/09 12:22 AM, explodingbunnies wrote:

Nothing like it at all

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:30:17

At 7/18/09 12:16 AM, Silverchaos wrote: I remember this old game from several years back, probably on the Sega, N64, or SNES. All I can remember is that I think it was a platformer or adventure, set in medieval times, two main characters, one I think was a Jester the other a female. They were playing around with a spell book and inaverdently unleash a giant demon thing, which they then try to stop.

I can only think of Pandemonium, which was for the PS1 :/

As for the second, no idea.

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:32:07

I think you mean Spot. He was red, but the description is basically the same.

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:36:21

At 7/18/09 12:30 AM, dajudge wrote: I can only think of Pandemonium, which was for the PS1 :/

Yep, that's it.

Now if only someone knew my second guess. It might have also been on the PS1.

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:41:41

There is a game for the PS1, it's a FPS and one of the weapons is a butcher knife. It was also one of the first games for the Playstation that came in one of the huge boxes like this:

official

Steam: Rocko007 Sig made by darkblackman :D

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:43:26

At 7/18/09 12:32 AM, dajudge wrote:
I think you mean Spot. He was red, but the description is basically the same.

I think you're right, one of those screenshots reminds me of the diagonal sidescrolling giving a 2.5D effect.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:44:30

At 7/18/09 12:43 AM, Gustavos wrote: I think you're right,

*cough*

sorry for double post.

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:45:39

Fuck that reminds me of Sonic 3-D, that game destroyed my childhood!

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:49:41

At 7/18/09 12:45 AM, Maxxx01 wrote: Fuck that reminds me of Sonic 3-D, that game destroyed my childhood!

Spot? Spot was awesome!

There's this PS1 game... It's set in a future L.A. and you control these police machine units. Future Cop I think it was called...

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 00:55:57

At 7/18/09 12:49 AM, dajudge wrote:
At 7/18/09 12:45 AM, Maxxx01 wrote: Fuck that reminds me of Sonic 3-D, that game destroyed my childhood!
Spot? Spot was awesome!

There's this PS1 game... It's set in a future L.A. and you control these police machine units. Future Cop I think it was called...

no, Sonic 3-D, that game sucked! Also yes, you're talking about Future Cop: L.A.P.D.

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 01:23:18

I'm trying to find a game that I played when I was like 5 or 6. I believe it was for the PS1, but I'm not sure. All I recall was playing some blonde guy in a blue jumpsuit with sunglasses. One of the early stages was like in some indoor dock with a submarine. Then I remember white rooms...and a metallic room...with a bomb...which killed me.

If it helps, the game's in third-person and you could die from electrocution!

Ezekiel 25:69

: "He masturbated with great vengence and furious anger, striking those who

: attempted to poison and destroy his unit..."

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 01:30:44

At 7/18/09 01:23 AM, ChaosProdigy wrote: I'm trying to find a game.

im just taking a wild guess for games like that, but, i think its a game called perfect assassin.

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 01:37:26

This is a hard one.

I'm looking for a game that came out for PC about 12 years ago. I think its name was "Pirates", but google won't help much.

But yeah, the game is about pirates. From the begining you choose your gender, and you are the capitain of your ship. It's all in 3D, but you always turn left or right in 90ยบ and you click on people to talk with. You start off on your ship in the Gulf ocean (You can even explore your ship, like going inside the ship and kill rats to prevent your crew from getting sick), and you can visit islands and ports to resupply, buy food, wine, cannons, ammo, gunpowder, crew, and several stuff and I don't remember anymore. Being in a port (i.e. cayman island) you could also explore different locations, such as houses and talk to the people in there. Usually, after pretty much every conversation a scroll appeared with a lot of information about what you just talked about (i.e. if the guy talked about how much he loves coffee a scroll with appear talking about the history of coffee).

You can also duel with pissed off people in the islands, once the duel starts it looks like prince of persia (2D style), with swords and you hit him about 3 times to kill him. There's always a different story of why he/she wants to kill you.

Being in the ocean is always exciting too. You have the option to pop-up a map and automatically reach a location, but you can also navigate your ship and wait until you reach wherever you want to go. Your crew may get sick and die from malaria (also showing a scroll about malaria). Being in the ship you can spot enemy ships if you look carefully or they can engage you by surprise. You can destroy the other ship by shooting at it (1 for one bullet, spacebar for all your cannons shooting at once) or by getting too close to it and you and your pirates engaging the enemies on their ship. You fight the capitain, and if you win, you get all their supplies.

If you do a poor job being a capitain (Not buying enough food, wine, or being on the ocean for too long) your own crew may remove you from your position or they may even kill you. If you do a nice job, even after a battle and most of them being wounded they'll tell you they'll remain loyal to the end.

If you get killed, you appear in a cemetery in front of the Reaper and he'll tell you something like: "Don't worry, you'll get used to worms eventually" and a worm come out of his eye.

That's as much details as I can think of right now. Can anyone help me find this game?

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 02:28:16

At 7/18/09 01:37 AM, Fuoco wrote: This is a hard one.

This may or may not be the game.

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 10:45:14

At 7/18/09 02:28 AM, dajudge wrote:
At 7/18/09 01:37 AM, Fuoco wrote: This is a hard one.
This may or may not be the game.

Certainly a similar gameplay, but no. The game I'm talking about is much older.

I'll look more into that guy you linked me to. It may be a refined version of what I played. Thanks for your help!

Sakura's theme | Bunnykill 5

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves for they shall never cease to be amused.

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-18 11:19:33

There was this flash game and it was pixels I think and it had all the elements and you could interact with the elements (Water made the plants grow Etc.) Sorry for a lacking description. I can icture it but can't really explain it.

To protect the world from devastation.

kidd25 is the best Newgrounder ever.

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-19 11:24:49

hm... im looking for a game, i think it was on the PS1, and i dont remember alot about it, all i remember is that your racing motorcycles, and you can punch the other drivers.

thats all i remember, HALP.

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-19 11:51:40

Road Rash

BBS Signature

Response to official "Help find a game" thread 2009-07-19 13:00:33

At 7/19/09 11:24 AM, explodingbunnies wrote: hm... im looking for a game, i think it was on the PS1, and i dont remember alot about it, all i remember is that your racing motorcycles, and you can punch the other drivers.

thats all i remember, HALP.

One guy already said it, but yes, Road Rash. But the only one that was on PS1 to my knowledge was Road Rash 3D, which has nothing on Road Rash 64.