00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Re-Imagining of Megatron

9,879 Views | 91 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-26 21:53:57

Remember when Megatron used to be able to transform into a gun?

"I am matter... I am antimatter... I can see your past... I can see your future... I consume time... And I will consume you!"

- Culex

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-27 01:06:02

At 8/26/09 08:57 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: Hey, don't think you can just slip away from this.
Did you make more progress at all?

did you not see how long it took to finish the revamped optimus?

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-27 01:29:26

id really like to know how he does his shading its just so cool ive tryed everytihng and havnt figured it out yet.

my friends list

join this site trust me youll love it.

join the best steam server site out there -interhax - for all your gmod and game needs

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-27 01:32:47

At 8/27/09 01:06 AM, Fleshlight wrote:
At 8/26/09 08:57 PM, Spaghetti14 wrote: Hey, don't think you can just slip away from this.
Did you make more progress at all?
did you not see how long it took to finish the revamped optimus?

I know it takes a long time, as it is really good art, but I thought it deserved a bump because it's been like a month with no progress on it.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-29 20:43:55

At 8/27/09 01:32 AM, Spaghetti14 wrote:
At 8/27/09 01:06 AM, Fleshlight wrote:
I know it takes a long time, as it is really good art, but I thought it deserved a bump because it's been like a month with no progress on it.

ya sorry bout that, last couple of weeks Ive been trying really out of it, and not keeping up on my side stuff, on top of that my home comp is on the fritz, but i jumped back on it this weekend, still playing around with textures and stuff.

Re-Imagining of Megatron

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-30 06:50:29

At 8/29/09 08:43 PM, MindChamber wrote:
ya sorry bout that, last couple of weeks Ive been trying really out of it, and not keeping up on my side stuff, on top of that my home comp is on the fritz, but i jumped back on it this weekend, still playing around with textures and stuff.

Sweet textures. Nice effects. I really like the splash of orange on his shoulder..

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-30 06:53:35

At 8/29/09 08:43 PM, MindChamber wrote: ya sorry bout that, last couple of weeks Ive been trying really out of it, and not keeping up on my side stuff, on top of that my home comp is on the fritz, but i jumped back on it this weekend, still playing around with textures and stuff.

thats looking seriously hawt

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-30 11:42:28

wow! that looks way better than the original cartoon and the concept is 1000 time better than the movie!

....i dont wanna come off as rude, but the pose is kinda effeminate. kinda like hes walking off after jist getting rejected by the eroto-bots. XD

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-30 14:47:22

At 8/30/09 11:42 AM, meganinjo wrote: wow! that looks way better than the original cartoon and the concept is 1000 time better than the movie!

....i dont wanna come off as rude, but the pose is kinda effeminate. kinda like hes walking off after jist getting rejected by the eroto-bots. XD

Ahh shit, ya I see what you mean, heh

Im not sure if I wanna turn that leg outward at this point now, but if it bothers me enough I might

almost done with the left arm.

Re-Imagining of Megatron

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-30 15:43:15

oh god i will loose all respect i have left for you if you do a bumble bee drawing lol

though a starscream re-do would be intresting ;]

oh and idk if its just me but does it look like mindchamber is trying to combine the old megatron with the new megatron. I like the cannon idea it reminds me of the original series when megatron would just transform into a bigass gun lol. I just dont like how it doesnt show a specific transformation like is he suppose to transform into a cannon, a jet, or a truck(because of the exhaust pipes on his back, which again i dont understand) but oh well i still like it

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-30 17:51:46

At 8/30/09 03:43 PM, TheSilentWolf wrote: oh god i will loose all respect i have left for you if you do a bumble bee drawing lol

though a starscream re-do would be intresting ;]
oh and idk if its just me but does it look like mindchamber is trying to combine the old megatron with the new megatron. I like the cannon idea it reminds me of the original series when megatron would just transform into a bigass gun lol.

That's exactly what Im trying to do, make a more realistic version of G1 Megs

I just dont like how it doesnt show a specific transformation like is he suppose to transform into a cannon, a jet, or a truck(because of the exhaust pipes on his back, which again i dont understand) but oh well i still like it

I still haven't decided if I wanted to keep those piston coils there. (not sure the actual name) but there are two compression tubes that I assume either take the impact of the shot fired, or add compression into the main canon for distance. either way they kinda look like exhausts but they are not. Take a look at the turret in the upper left corner of this pic

It isnt obvious what he turns into now, but I plan to add a bit more from the turret and hopefully change that.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-30 20:02:41

Wow, that's really cool. I really like the shine on his right shoulder and left leg. Maybe you could add some artillery rounds to him to show his transforming capabilities? I mean, he's got to store them somewhere, would be cool if they were in some sort of rack on his back or swung around his torso in a bulletbelt-fashion.

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-30 21:37:20

I honestly don't like Michael Bays' megatron.

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-30 22:41:25

i like it because think of it as if you really saw megatron in real life if it were me id think it'd look almost exactly like michael bays megatron. Either that or a big floating lazor gun in the air :].

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-30 23:57:20

good progress, the posture does look weird, but your coloring really distracts from that, i nutted over your left arm update.

Your robot stuff has always inspiried me.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-08-31 00:05:40

i dont think ill ever be that good in coloring. i really need a decent art teacher.

my friends list

join the best steam server site out there -interhax - for all your gmod and game needs

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-09-02 20:53:50

At 8/31/09 12:05 AM, acedareaper wrote: i dont think ill ever be that good in coloring. i really need a decent art teacher.

im sure mindchamber is for hire
you just need to name a price

one extremely high price....

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-09-03 01:23:00

At 9/2/09 08:53 PM, TheSilentWolf wrote:
At 8/31/09 12:05 AM, acedareaper wrote: i dont think ill ever be that good in coloring. i really need a decent art teacher.

i dont have any money and im sure i dont have enough talent for him to consider

my friends list

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-09-03 18:02:15

At 9/2/09 08:53 PM, TheSilentWolf wrote: im sure mindchamber is for hire

I dont charge for help,anyways Im still learning this myself, there are way better colorist out there , muffdiver, and jagondudo, sucho, renae, just to name a few.

At 9/3/09 01:23 AM, acedareaper wrote:
At 9/2/09 08:53 PM, TheSilentWolf wrote:

i dont have any money and im sure i dont have enough talent for him to consider

how about just posting your work in the art forums and letting ALL of us give suggestions and advice? I mean thats the point of this place after all.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-09-03 18:06:11

At 9/3/09 06:02 PM, MindChamber wrote: how about just posting your work in the art forums and letting ALL of us give suggestions and advice? I mean thats the point of this place after all.

Good point, I was wondering the same. It seems abit weird to be asking for help from someone who's, along with alot of other great artists, giving it for free on the forum you asked.

Ooh, the irony.

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-09-03 20:32:29

At 9/3/09 06:02 PM, MindChamber wrote:
At 9/2/09 08:53 PM, TheSilentWolf wrote: im sure mindchamber is for hire

I dont charge for help,anyways Im still learning this myself, there are way better colorist out there , muffdiver, and jagondudo, sucho, renae, just to name a few.

your coloring style interests me the most i cant really put my finger on it but theres just sometihng about it. maybe its how it looks so painted and watery and.

my friends list

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-10-08 23:51:02

ok I took the suggestions that the foot was too big and reduced it alot, then I streamlined it a bit, and added more hydraulics.

Re-Imagining of Megatron

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-10-09 00:59:31

That's one badass robot foot. I really like the scratchy looking texture you have on some parts of Megatron.

BTW, I'm sure people have told you this before, but your artwork always seems to have a "street/artsy" feel to it. I don't think I can explain it any better than that, anyways hope you finish Megatron.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-10-09 11:30:09

At 10/9/09 12:59 AM, Anthvinny wrote:
BTW, I'm sure people have told you this before, but your artwork always seems to have a "street/artsy" feel to it. I don't think I can explain it any better than that, anyways hope you finish Megatron.

thanks, always was a fan of the old TF Box art which is every ghetto by todays standards.

Ok I think Im done.

Re-Imagining of Megatron

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-10-09 11:50:59

At 10/9/09 11:30 AM, MindChamber wrote: Ok I think Im done.

Its....so.BEAUTIFUL

Drink tea and fuck bitches.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-10-09 11:56:33

At 10/9/09 11:30 AM, MindChamber wrote: Ok I think Im done.

damn hot

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-10-09 12:06:35

thanks, HiRez version in my art page.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-10-09 12:13:25

FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!That's just incredible man.

On a side note, I attempted to shave my chin beard into the style that you have, but alas, I don't have a solid patch of hair under my lip, thus it was weak so I shaved everything off and will regrow a regular chin beard.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-10-09 12:34:54

At 10/9/09 12:13 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!That's just incredible man.

On a side note, I attempted to shave my chin beard into the style that you have, but alas, I don't have a solid patch of hair under my lip, thus it was weak so I shaved everything off and will regrow a regular chin beard.

haha, sorry to hear that.

maybe a trip to the clam bar will him grow out them hairs.

Response to Re-Imagining of Megatron 2009-10-09 15:42:06

The building on the viewer's left is weird but aside from that, this is awesome, though I am more of a fan of Starscream WHAAAAAAAAH.

Who is the hunter?

BBS Signature