00:00
00:00

.:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\

25,317 Views | 596 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-04 23:13:17

Well, the more I think about it, the more I feel that I should take my text scenes off. This seems a bit too risky so I'm going to take my dialog scene out. But, I'm going to make a copy of my part just in case maybe I can somehow have text. The only other good alternative I could do is to get a couple of voice actors.

What do you think, guys?

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-04 23:19:01

At 8/4/09 11:13 PM, HarryControl wrote: Well, the more I think about it, the more I feel that I should take my text scenes off. This seems a bit too risky so I'm going to take my dialog scene out. But, I'm going to make a copy of my part just in case maybe I can somehow have text. The only other good alternative I could do is to get a couple of voice actors.

What do you think, guys?

Well if I had a mic I do a pretty nice sonic voice (Tails... not so much...) Ask Mikey for his suggestion.

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-04 23:21:13

By the way guys, After we are done this collab, I was wondering if anyone wanted to make a mario battle collab, pretty much same specs. I'll make a forum later on if anyone is interested.
BTW:
Amazing mario site
www.mfgg.net
yes....

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-04 23:23:40

So maybe you could just not stop it and maybe change the words a little. Just play the text and if they miss it...

Cheesy sonic remark: Don't blink...

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. Are you saying that I should try and minimize text scenes? Or are you saying that I should forget the whole action-scripting for the text and disallow the viewers to proceed text when they want?

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-04 23:34:13

At 8/4/09 11:21 PM, satanicgoomba wrote: By the way guys, After we are done this collab, I was wondering if anyone wanted to make a mario battle collab, pretty much same specs. I'll make a forum later on if anyone is interested.
BTW:
Amazing mario site
www.mfgg.net
yes....

I would like to be part of that collab. But I'm not so sure yet, I'm going to get pretty busy establishing in a new home in about a month, so I'm not sure if I'll have time to work with Flash. Especially when I'm going to search for a full time job. But we'll see. At the rate we're going, it seems that this collab will still be unfinished by the time I'm all settled in.

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 00:11:21

Not take out the text but just make it not stop, so yeah, no scripting but still have the text just play itself FBF.

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 00:35:57

At 8/5/09 12:11 AM, satanicgoomba wrote: Not take out the text but just make it not stop, so yeah, no scripting but still have the text just play itself FBF.

alright, but I'm not so sure if that's such a good idea. I mean, not everybody reads the same speed and I don't know if I will make the text go too fast or too slow. Well I guess I better test it out first on you guys. I'm thinking it might be easier if there were no text. Though my battle part won't seem as epic and humorous without the text. Man, I can't win either way!

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 00:56:18

Well that sucks...
Anywayz I'm about to post some art, want to check it out?

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 05:42:57

At 8/4/09 10:50 PM, Da-boi wrote: yea goomba has a point text might slow down the over all action of this collab

Yeah, I agree with goomba. If I'm going to set music, and there are parts where you have to press the space bar, it could ruin the whole action thing.

Also, don't forget to add a watermark to your flash so the viewer knew who made which part ;)

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 10:05:54

At 8/5/09 05:42 AM, MikeyTheYoshi wrote:
At 8/4/09 10:50 PM, Da-boi wrote: yea goomba has a point text might slow down the over all action of this collab
Yeah, I agree with goomba. If I'm going to set music, and there are parts where you have to press the space bar, it could ruin the whole action thing.

Also, don't forget to add a watermark to your flash so the viewer knew who made which part ;)

Watermark is just the little logo in the top right, correct? And then you just make a new layer of a long frame and put it there?

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 10:22:54

At 8/5/09 10:05 AM, satanicgoomba wrote:

Watermark is just the little logo in the top right, correct? And then you just make a new layer of a long frame and put it there?

yeas. if you're using Vcam you might have to animate it with the vcam.

And it can be put in any of the corners.

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 10:29:38

I only use V-cam for my games, never for animation...

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 10:41:54

At 8/5/09 10:29 AM, satanicgoomba wrote: I only use V-cam for my games, never for animation...

Srs?
lolk. I always use it for animation. Alvin-Eartworm does, too ;)

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 11:01:01

yea i gotta use a v-cam for my animations u cant get that good hard hit effect without it

THE CHAOS LINEAGE REAL SOON

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 11:17:06

At 8/5/09 11:01 AM, Da-boi wrote: yea i gotta use a v-cam for my animations u cant get that good hard hit effect without it

You mean the shake of the vcam when some gets punched/punches?
That's a cool effect to do ;P

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 16:43:30

Hey Mikey! Question, can we use the Sonic Battle Logo as...Logo? XD You know, something like this:

Hope, you guys like it! =)

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 16:50:34

At 8/5/09 04:43 PM, Pkmn2 wrote: Hey Mikey! Question, can we use the Sonic Battle Logo as...Logo? XD You know, something like this:

Hope, you guys like it! =)

Pretty sweet. I like :) I think the COLLAB part of it looks a little out of proportion to the others, though.

AND OMG. GUESS WHAT!

I STARTED MY PART xD;

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 16:53:39

How about this: (All fonts are now the same size)
Ps.: lol, I am editing sprites right now, so I'm also WiP. ;-)

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 17:00:10

At 8/5/09 04:53 PM, Pkmn2 wrote: How about this: (All fonts are now the same size)
Ps.: lol, I am editing sprites right now, so I'm also WiP. ;-)

Cool. :P
I'm doing Sonic Vs. Mecha Sonic, aaaaas I haven't seen any flashes use the sprite, apart from Alvin's of course.

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 17:08:12

ALSO. Pkmn, save the logo as a PNG. GIF format only has a certain amount of colours and ruins the quality of the logo

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 17:08:43

Errr...I did? XD
Sort of. =P

I used Super Sonic VS Metal Sonic MKII (also known as Mecha Sonic for SMBZfags =P)

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 17:12:50

Nah, can't do that.
My edited part would be too obvious. (Original Logo + my vectorized edit = URGH)
And it saves a lot of space anyway. =P

Oh, it's "Super Sonic VS Silver Sonic MKII". sorry XD
Got me wrong there. =P

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 17:13:13

At 8/5/09 05:08 PM, Pkmn2 wrote: Errr...I did? XD
Sort of. =P

I used Super Sonic VS Metal Sonic MKII (also known as Mecha Sonic for SMBZfags =P)

I right cliked the image, it's a GIF.
You need to upload the image to another site. NG only allows GIF and JPEG

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 17:16:03

Trust me, just use the gif.
There's no differnce between the Full-res and this.
No, seriously. Just import it into Flash and you're done.

Doesn't hurt anyone. XD

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 17:21:07

At 8/5/09 05:16 PM, Pkmn2 wrote: Trust me, just use the gif.
There's no differnce between the Full-res and this.
No, seriously. Just import it into Flash and you're done.

Doesn't hurt anyone. XD

:U
I am a quality nag. I make lots of things to do with quality, like websites and shizz, and I like things being the best they can :U

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 17:28:10

Okay, if you really want it that bad. XD

I sent it to your hotmail inbox. ;-)

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 17:33:08

At 8/5/09 05:28 PM, Pkmn2 wrote: Okay, if you really want it that bad. XD

I sent it to your hotmail inbox. ;-)

Um. Maybe you should upload to http://imageshack.us/
and give me the link.

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 17:41:12

^_^;
http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/2274/
sobacollablogocopy.png

There may be spaces inbetween. Just put them away.

BBS Signature

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 20:19:12

Dang it! Alright then, I'll get right on to fixing that.

I'll get right on to that too!

Response to .:Sonic Battle Collab:. /Thread 3\ 2009-08-05 20:34:09

At 8/5/09 11:17 AM, MikeyTheYoshi wrote:
At 8/5/09 11:01 AM, Da-boi wrote: yea i gotta use a v-cam for my animations u cant get that good hard hit effect without it
You mean the shake of the vcam when some gets punched/punches?
That's a cool effect to do ;P

I like it a lot for its convenience. Instead of having to tween many layers, you only have to tween one with the v-cam and get same results, except maybe better! I'll tell'ya, the day I discovered that v-cam, it greatly boost my abilities to make better animation!